Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OMG Maxis we need a new Expansion Pack!

Comments

• Options
    AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    Well, we're bound to get the next Ep by the end of the year, but I don't need it just yet, maybe just the trailer and then the actual pack in September. As for the content, my fingers are crossed for either seasons or something completely new and different from everything we've seen so far.
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    I hope they'll announce Backyard Stuff Pack and an EP.

I still can't imagine we're having a Perfect Patio part 2. Oh well.
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    Sirjohn4420Sirjohn4420 Posts: 421 Member
    well I think 2 game packs and 2 expansion packs a year is not asking too much. But with these stuff packs and game packs its almost like they are milking us. Some things were good others not so, and the expansion packs hopefully will be a lot better with good things in them not just junk.
    2v9ekhx.gif
  • Options
    quasha81388quasha81388 Posts: 255 Member
    Yes I need seasons or generations I will be fine with both. Lol....
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm going to take some wild guesses as to what EP 3 could be

Metropolis with Apartments

Find Love this would make sense because most of the dating stuff was left out of dine out.

Theme Parks

Vacations with or without Seasons. I think a vacation ep is the most likely.

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    Dine Out just came out. And the gameplay for that one is actually pretty good and could keep me occupied for another month or so I think.
    It only felt like yesterday that Get Together came out.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    Dine Out just came out. And the gameplay for that one is actually pretty good and could keep me occupied for another month or so I think.

True

DO is better in my opinion then Get Together with the exception of the bugs it has. I hope a lot of those get patched in the 2nd June Patch.
  • Options
    well I think 2 game packs and 2 expansion packs a year is not asking too much. But with these stuff packs and game packs its almost like they are milking us. Some things were good others not so, and the expansion packs hopefully will be a lot better with good things in them not just junk.

For me the delay of Get Together is the reason why we're not getting 2 expansion packs in a year. If it's released on November then we can get EP3 in May or June and get one in October/November.

Unless, We got 1 Expansion Pack and a Toddler.

• Options

True

DO is better in my opinion then Get Together with the exception of the bugs it has. I hope a lot of those get patched in the 2nd June Patch.

I know right. Well as I am saying/clarifying that I only want to know what could be next EP3. But I agree with you that Dine Out is good.

• Options

For me the delay of Get Together is the reason why we're not getting 2 expansion packs in a year. If it's released on November then we can get EP3 in May or June and get one in October/November.

Very likely we'll see a second Gamepack in December.

Sirjohn

Gamepacks tend to be much better to me then the Expansions and are more focused on the theme. Also I love the stuffpacks every month. They give me more gameplay objects.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I'd love a political expansion pack where your sim can run for mayor of their town and make decisions that effect other other sims. Nothing super serious, just funny and light, but still a very social expansion.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    the funny thing is DO is first a week out :smirk:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I personally don't care how long it takes them, just so long as it's an enjoyable EP.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    I personally don't care how long it takes them, just so long as it's an enjoyable EP.

We need an EP that lasts for Six Months. Not 3 Months.

• Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »

Maybe the next one will be Pets then, but its only going to be fun, IMO, if the pets are not controllable. I'd rather try to control their behavior through praise and scolding. Keeping it random makes the game much more fun.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    Allison18Allison18 Posts: 399 Member

True. As people have already mentioned, I'd rather them take their time so they produce high quality content sans glitches and bugs, with a fair amount of objects and new gameplay to keep you occupied - for longer than three months.
    The issue I'm seeing now is that the EPs don't keep people entertained for very long, which may not be the EPs' fault but rather how the game is structured and its limitations....

I've said this a billion times before but I sincerely believe it to be true - the next EP will be something big, something the fanbase has been asking for. I'd say that would be Generations or Seasons. It seems a bit too early for weather to be introduced, and I personally would like it to be family-based anyway. That also seems to be a popular idea on the forums.

Whatever it is, they better not blow it.
    ch_dadpost.gif
  • Options

One toddler is not enough for the millions of simmers on this planet. :tongue:
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Dramatic-GamerDramatic-Gamer Posts: 713 Member

A MONTH?!
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg
  • Options

A MONTH?!

Occupied like crazy occupied, trying out all the features, I mean. :P Of course I'm still going to the restaurants after that until the end of the series. ;)
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    We don't just need an EP. We need a solid well made EP with a popular theme
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I do agree we need an EP soon. As much as I love DO, it's not occupying my time with the game as much as I'd like for it to. What we really need is a familiar EP theme, something that everyone generally loves and gives that sense of nostalgia.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Whatever the next one is, I really hope it has something supernatural in it, even if it's just a part of the expansion and not a full dedication to supers. I feel like I've been waiting forever and I worry sometimes that they might decide to phase them out, what with ghosts getting culled and alien abductions being so rare. I liked the way they did it in Sims 2, where each expansion brought a new super in, so there was no waiting for an entire expansion to be dedicated to them. (Not that I'm against a whole supernatural expansion! :wink: )

It kind of feels like most of the packs so far have been more of a general build on the base game...more neutral stuff. Hopefully by the end of this year we'll start seeing some of the meatier additions to the the game... *cough-supernaturals* *cough-seasons* *cough cough-pets* *cough hack cough-generations* *cough cough haaaack-apocalyptic-celebrity-heroes-in-customizable-towns-with-world-building-tools wheeeeze...* :smiley:

LOL, I love how you put the wheeze at the end! *cough-toddlers!* I would love apartments back or vacations but we'll have to wait and see, I'm loving ''Dine Out'' right now, so I'm happy at the moment :wink:
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    If Seasons will be introduced in the game, For me I think Seasons should be a Game Pack. And who cares if "an EP or a pack" is too early to be introduced like Pets, Seasons, Supernaturals and Universities? It's just a number and as long as we have it, It's better than we wait for a long time. And it could be great if Pets and Seasons are introduced in 1 expansion pack like Get to work which is ambitions and Open for business. But I personally want only a "Pets" focus rather than a both focus. As I said above, Seasons should be a Game Pack because it fits the requirements for a game pack.

....And Toddlers.

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Allison18 wrote: »
    I've said this a billion times before but I sincerely believe it to be true - the next EP will be something big, something the fanbase has been asking for. I'd say that would be Generations or Seasons. It seems a bit too early for weather to be introduced, and I personally would like it to be family-based anyway. That also seems to be a popular idea on the forums.
    I also believe it will be Generations. :smiley:
  • Options
    Simanite wrote: »
    Allison18 wrote: »
    I also believe it will be Generations. :smiley:

Generations and Toddlers* Well, who doesn't believe right? but oh well, I hope we get our drinks full.