Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OMG Maxis we need a new Expansion Pack!

Comments

• Options
    dafadollydafadolly Posts: 1,215 Member
    I want a new world ;-; Please gurus... Hear my pleas... Give us an EP with a new world
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    edited June 2016
    Gleesticky wrote: »
    I want an EP released but I want something we've never had before.

Probably a sports pack but heeyy, there's nothing left to have an EP that we never had. It's always the same but improved, Same but different idea. It's like me hitting puberty hard but it's still me.
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    Simanite wrote: »
    It's funny how people say that EA got run out of ideas. Like B we have Pets, Generations, Seasons, University, Supernatural, Toddlers, Toddlers, Toddlers, Toddlers, Toddlers, Toddlers and Tots.

You forgot toddlers.

Oh, and also toddlers!
  • Options
    You forgot toddlers.

Oh sorry my bad. Toddlers.

• Options
    You forgot toddlers.

I think you meant to say toddlers, not toddlers.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Unless they start adding supernaturals back into EPs I'm done.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    dafadolly wrote: »
    You forgot toddlers.

Oh yes. Toddlers. And I think you meant to say Toddlers right?

• Options

I would like to have Edward Cullen and their family in my game. I want vampires back.

And witches for a Harry Potter Sim. Lol.

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

I would like to have Edward Cullen and their family in my game. I want vampires back.

No sparkly vampires or Potter Sims for me. I want the dark and scary ones.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    You forgot toddlers.

Stop being discriminatory to toddlers! :angry:
  • Options
    You forgot toddlers.

Toddlers are being oppressed by EA. We must come to their defense and fight for what's right and just. #FreeTheToddlers #ToddlersArePeopleToo
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Totally agree with an EP needed right now. Hopefully, a patch or two will come our way to fix the glitches so many fans are having right now. This is especially hard for the fans who prefer not to play with mods/game fixes. I don't have any qualms about playing with mods that fix game problems, but a lot of people do.

I'm hoping for a Generations EP, too. This just seems to be the next logical step in growing Sims4. We have done the partying thing and now it's time to get down to some family stuff. I saw some speculation that a pool side/backyard game pack was hinted at recently? That sounds interesting but it is just a game pack. Six months between EPs is a long time. And if a Generations EP isn't going to be released this Fall, I hope it is the Seasons EP. If it's one about pets, I will be passing on it. Not going down that road again. The only decent pets-related EP they did was for The Sims. Sims2 and Sims3 failed big time with adding pets to the games. Except I loved the horses in Sims3. I finally uninstalled it because the unicorns and horses spawned in places they could not move from and made the game laggy. If the dev teams could get it right I would love to have pets in my game. And if not a pets EP, how about a game pack that adds the chipmunks and raccoons and birds walking on active lots? The deer? I am a huge fan of Nature and these little touches would add so much to my pleasure of the game. But that is a personal want, not one shared by the whole community.

So, let's keep our fingers crossed something wonderful is coming soon and we will be told what exactly it is about.

Supposedly Backyard Stuff (stuff pack) is due out in July or August. If the upcoming kids' stuff pack is mainly focusing on inside activities (bedrooms and such), a backyard set could have potential for more outside activities. We've got ladder animations in game now from the diving platform in GT, so they could adapt that for either a treehouse or a pool slide as a gameplay object.

As for Generations, it would be another great tie-in for the kids' stuff pack.

I wouldn't mind seeing Pets in conjunction with a farming/rural pack, bringing in farm animals as well as the standard dogs/cats/small animals. I liked horses but they didn't fit in all the worlds; thank goodness there was an NRaas mod (forget which one) that enabled me to turn off the wild horses and the unicorn in worlds where I didn't want them wandering around (like Roaring Heights).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member

I don't want them to sparkle either and I like twilight. I'm more interested in having vampires who drain other sims that get in their way.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I'm thinking they're saving all the 'folklore-ish' supernaturals for a Supernatural EP. That's probably why the only 'creature' we have so far is aliens...
  • Options
    WolffyWolffy Posts: 71 Member
    I want a new world ;-; Please gurus... Hear my pleas... Give us an EP with a new world

This. I look forward to whatever EA is cooking up for us but as a builder/designer I really need more space!
  • Options
    Omri147 wrote: »
    I'm thinking they're saving all the 'folklore-ish' supernaturals for a Supernatural EP. That's probably why the only 'creature' we have so far is aliens...

I agree with this! I'm guessing they decided it was in their best interest to save all the different life states for a designated EP instead of sprinkling them randomly amongst ones that are (in my opinion) relatively unrelated to the theme
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I wouldn't mind another Newcrest-type empty world, though I've been able to modify the current worlds to free up lots. Magnolia Promenade is my entertainment district; have my nightclub, lounge and a bar there, now just thinking of a restaurant (might look on the Gallery for a nightclub for the 40x30 lot so I can use one of the Maxis restaurants on the 30x20 lot). I would think an EP would be more likely to give us a new world -- we got Windenburg with GT, and GTW at least gave us the 4 lots (plus the hidden career lots) in Magnolia Promenade.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Omri147 wrote: »

You forgot about ghosts

• Options
    You forgot toddlers.

Toddlers are being oppressed by EA. We must come to their defense and fight for what's right and just. #FreeTheToddlers #ToddlersArePeopleToo

#ToddlersAreGameFeaturesToo #FIGHTTODDLERSFIGHT

• Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    If we have to wait for a dedicated Supernatural EP I hope it comes soon, the ghosts and aliens aren't supernatural enough for me
    Plus I want more unnatural eye/skin/hair colors
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    kphillips2977kphillips2977 Posts: 135 Member

I don't want them to sparkle either and I like twilight. I'm more interested in having vampires who drain other sims that get in their way.

That sounds kind of neat. My daughter said she wanted vampires that she didn't have to be friends with the other sim to bite them XD. She said she needs more things to cause drama in her game. I believe vampires and maybe witches but she mostly wants the vampires.
    [img][/img]001701c.gif

• Options

I wouldn't mind another Newcrest-type empty world, though I've been able to modify the current worlds to free up lots. Magnolia Promenade is my entertainment district; have my nightclub, lounge and a bar there, now just thinking of a restaurant (might look on the Gallery for a nightclub for the 40x30 lot so I can use one of the Maxis restaurants on the 30x20 lot). I would think an EP would be more likely to give us a new world -- we got Windenburg with GT, and GTW at least gave us the 4 lots (plus the hidden career lots) in Magnolia Promenade.

I rarely use Magnolia Promenade and Newcrest. Well, I wouldn't mind another Newcrest too if I am a building expert lol o:)

• Options

That sounds kind of neat. My daughter said she wanted vampires that she didn't have to be friends with the other sim to bite them XD. She said she needs more things to cause drama in her game. I believe vampires and maybe witches but she mostly wants the vampires.

My Favorite is Witches/Wizards. Omg, Kinda' want to play Sims 3 Supernatural because of Harry Potter and Twilight. I like University too because the universities look like Hogwarts.

• Options
    kphillips2977kphillips2977 Posts: 135 Member
    I would settle for any expansion pack with toddlers patched in. It doesn't necessarily have to be a generations, although I would like it, but it doesn't have to be. I would just take the toddler patch XD
    [img][/img]001701c.gif

• Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    The only reason I want a Generations EP again is because I really liked the Prom feature. We may have not been able to watch our sims there but it was a great way for teens to choose their own partners, which spouted some lovely relationships in my game. :)