Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tal Mahala Removed From Gallery

fidlertenfidlerten Posts: 7,615 Member
Since I don't know how to contact Maxis privately, I would like to ask them why they removed my lot, Tal Mahala, from the Gallery. It is the only lot they have fav'd for me and suddenly, it is no longer in the Gallery, though it is still in my Library. I know I did not personally remove it so I would please just like to have an answer to this: Why was it removed? :'(

Signature%2005-29-17_zpsti5fd2z4.png

Comments

• Options
    DippyDesignsDippyDesigns Posts: 1,809 Member
    I am hoping that this can be put right for you Larry, what a shame. I wonder what happened to it and why it is no longer in the gallery?
    My Origin ID is DippyDesigns

DIPPY DOODLE on Facebook

644362_1491605541100631_1472781576571833276_n.jpg?oh=c0019c8ce2de98a0158c1aba60509bc8&oe=57C1A708

• Options
    @DippyDesigns, if there was a good reason, you would think that they would at least send me a private message explaining why, but I have got nothing from them. I'm still waiting for them to respond to this thread.
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    @fidlerten
    Hang in there. It could be just a gallery glitch.
    I just searched my own gallery on-line and it is not showing correct results.
    Will check in-game gallery next.
  • Options
    @EuphorialQueen I hope you're right, but it would seem that someone would at least communicate to us that something is going on. The same thing with this thing about certain wall coverings causing walls to be transparent or disappear after the last patch. I wrote a thread concerning it and it has been ignored by Maxis. I would expect a better response to one's customers.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I will say that I was about to purchase Dining Out but this has discouraged me so much that at this time I choose not to until this issue is resolved.
    Post edited by fidlerten on
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Oh no! :( So sorry to hear that! Hope you get an answer and hope it is just an glitch!
  • Options
    @yanti68 yeah what a coincidence. I suppose it was just a glitch that deleted Showcasing Your Lots Workshop back in TS3, three times. "Oh, sorry, our mistake!"

It's gone and all those downloads Fav's with it. Now here it is the weekend, this thread has been here all day and not even one response from Maxis. I suppose they're hoping I'll just go away.
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    I don't think Maxis has an agenda against you. We'll keep this thread "alive" and hope for a reply.
    That's all we can do. You can also contact a guru through their pages. SimGuruDrake is very helpful :)
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    There have been mentions recently about builders not being able to find their lots on the gallery. So there does seem to be a problem of late- I know of two right off the top of my head. Have you tried searching using both methods- online and via game? Does your library still show the lot as being uploaded to the gallery?
  • Options
    There have been mentions recently about builders not being able to find their lots on the gallery.
    But I couldn't find it either. I just did a search for it and it's not on the gallery. Really odd.
  • Options
    @JasonAnthonySterling it's in my library but it does not show uploaded. I did not upload it again either. No sense in starting over.
  • Options
    @Manssom Maybe not but this is not the first time I have had things "accidentally" deleted. My thread, "Showcasing Your Lots Workshop", which at one time was the most popular thread on TS3's forum, and that was before it was stickied to the top of the Creations forum. It got deleted three times "accidentally".

If you ask me, there's someone doing these kinds of things on purpose and Maxis or EA cannot pin it down who the individual or group of individuals are. I'm certain they would fire them if they did know.

But maybe this is just a glitch, I don't know. I'm obviously not in a place I can prove anything at all or even be for sure. I just know that some things seem like more than just a coincidence, when they happen multiple times. Let's see what their response is, if any at all. So far, no one has responded.
  • Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    I had an issue where it said that one of my builds was missing content and it instructed me to reupload it. Maybe same thing happened to you.
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    @Ash072 if that's the case, no one has contacted me at all. It had been uploaded for weeks and at least has been fav'd by Maxis for a couple of weeks. For them to fav it, one of the gurus would have downloaded it and play tested it to see that it was fine. I also play tested it to make sure it was working fine before I uploaded it to the Gallery.
  • Options
    I totally get why you feel the way you feel. I would be furious myself.

Did you use the Tray Importer for that particular lot? The reason I am asking is because
    I know they consider it to be the same as using custom content. Just thought that maybe
    they discovered this after they added your lot to their tab, and then took it off the entire gallery.
    The only thing left I can think of is if someone reported it, out of spite, and then they took it off
    but I don't believe that. Would be horrible for all of us if it were that easy, wouldn't it.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @Manssom no, I didn't use the tray importer. It was only a couple of weeks ago that it was fav'd. I also don't mess with any CC, period.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the last patch, which had problems. After the patch, some of the wall coverings became transparent. I don't know if this was the case for everyone but several builders were having a problem with it, including me. Thing is, that house was uploaded and Maxis fav'd before the patch.

For whatever the reason for it being removed, if it was done on purpose for a reason, then someone should have sent me at least a private message explaining why. If it was done by accident, then someone should communicate with us and let us know it was an accident.

It certainly has spoiled my weekend as I was to going buy,download and install Dining Out and start working on a restaurant. This has put a damper on that.

I appreciate your concern.
    Post edited by fidlerten on
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello.
    I am sorry that your favourited build is no longer in the gallery. :( That is not good. Could you perhaps pm a SimGuru and see if they could help you ?
  • Options
    Thanks for your concern @rosemow . Perhaps if I don't hear from someone by tomorrow, I will do that. At this point, I feel all I will be getting is perhaps an apology but we'll see. I doubt anything will be done today on a Sunday. I'll be going to church soon anyway.
  • Options
    It is now Monday and still no response from any of the gurus concerning this issue. Do I suppose to just give it up and forget about it?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I wouldn't give up, but I am also super stubborn. They should be able to tell you something.
    I would also like to know if they are investigating because this is a pretty serious matter in my opinion.

GuruDrake has already been pinged and she is our community manager. Not sure who else we can turn to.

Edit: I left her a new message on her page.
  • Options
    @Manssom I certainly appreciate your diligence in this matter. I kind of feel like if I'm not persistent in having an answer that it will simply be ignored and forgotten about. Right now I kind of feel like I'm in limbo.

I hope we hear something soon. Thank you! :)
  • Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    fidlerten wrote: »
    @Ash072 if that's the case, no one has contacted me at all. It had been uploaded for weeks and at least has been fav'd by Maxis for a couple of weeks. For them to fav it, one of the gurus would have downloaded it and play tested it to see that it was fine. I also play tested it to make sure it was working fine before I uploaded it to the Gallery.

My build I was referring to was also a Maxis fav. It was made quite awhile though and I believe what happened with my build was a patch maybe caused one of my MOO'ed or "hiddenobject" items to not work with the build save file anymore.

The game notified me itself, not a Guru. I just re-uploaded it. I did lose the D/L count and favs on it, but to me, those things are secondary anyway to the experience of building it. Either way, good luck with your predicament and sorry it happened to you.

5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    @Ash072 Thanks for the info. I haven't been told anything by anybody or anything. I did start the game since it happened and I got no messages informing me of anything. The longer I wait for a response, the more I suspect I wont' hear a thing. I suppose they just want me to go away. Sorry, I can't do that. Call me stubborn or persistent but I believe I'm owed some kind of explanation and just ignoring me is not going to get me to finally just give it up. They should know that about me by now, if they know anything about me.

I have to work tonight so I'm off to bed right now but I'll be back, hoping to have an answer by the time I get up, or else, I'll just keep at it, being a burr in someone's saddle.
  • Options
    Okay Maxis, you win, I give up. I lied, I can't take it anymore. I'll go away quietly.