Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dissatisified with sims 4 new patch

I don't know about anyone else, but with the last patch for the sims 4 they decided to make all our new sims transgenders. I Hate this I do not approve of this type of thing and it is so ruining my game. EA and Maxis you need to fix this or tell us how to uninstall this patch.When I create a female sim that's what i want a FEMALE sim not male>( :(

Comments

• Options
    GenericTownieGenericTownie Posts: 105 Member
    If you create a female sim, the sim will be female.

None of the sims generated are transgender. It is your choice to make them how you want them to be.

EA simply gave us the option to make our sims more diverse, giving us options to let female wear more masculine clothing/have males have more feminine hairstyles etc. It's a optional thing and you are not pushed to do it whatsoever in CAS.

PS. If you uninstall the patch. which I'm pretty sure you can't, you won't be able to get any of the new things that The Sims 4 will have to offer.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    If you create a female sim, the sim will be female.

None of the sims generated are transgender. It is your choice to make them how you want them to be.

EA simply gave us the option to make our sims more diverse, giving us options to let female wear more masculine clothing/have males have more feminine hairstyles etc. It's a optional thing and you are not pushed to do it whatsoever in CAS.

PS. If you uninstall the patch. which I'm pretty sure you can't, you won't be able to get any of the new things that The Sims 4 will have to offer.

You cant uninstall a patch. The game has mandatory patching. You can't back patch either. If you were to uninstall and reinstall the game you would still get the same patch you have now
  • Options
    bjk607bjk607 Posts: 168 Member
    @luciferarevalo mine are and my sisters mad some new female sims that are transgender as well
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited June 2016
    @bjk607 Making transgender Sims is entirely optional. No Sim will randomly generate as anything but male or female, and you don't have to access the new gender options. If you never touch the three dots in CAS and never X off "masculine" or "feminine" in the clothes and hair options, you will never see anything but a cisgender Sim in your game. (Though some of the men's clothes look terrific on female Sims - looser fitting shirts etc. - and you can get some very realistic men's longer hair styles by x'ing off "masculine" on hair.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    We just got this random townie in the Aussie forum. I heard the SimGurus want to know abut this sort of thing but have no idea where to report it for @Figwit.
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Your sims won't be transgender unless you make them that way. They haven't forced you to do anything
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    sawdust wrote: »
    We just got this random townie in the Aussie forum. I heard the SimGurus want to know abut this sort of thing but have no idea where to report it for @Figwit.

Is that actually a transgender townie, or is it the clown-hair bug generating on a female townie? Just tagging @SimGuruNick & @SimGuruArvin , in case it's the first. (They know about the second.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    @bjk607 Making transgender Sims is entirely optional. No Sim will randomly generate as anything but male or female, and you don't have to access the new gender options. If you never touch the three dots in CAS and never X off "masculine" or "feminine" in the clothes and hair options, you will never see anything but a cisgender Sim in your game. (Though some of the men's clothes look terrific on female Sims - looser fitting shirts etc. - and you can get some very realistic men's longer hair styles by x'ing off "masculine" on hair.)

I was curious about that. I wasn't sure if by selecting a few male clothing options for one of my female sims that the game would think I'm OK with it doing the same with townies? Does it? I agree that there are options that look great on both male and female, but I don't want to accidentally trigger the game to generate bearded men wearing dresses etc.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member

I was curious about that. I wasn't sure if by selecting a few male clothing options for one of my female sims that the game would think I'm OK with it doing the same with townies? Does it? I agree that there are options that look great on both male and female, but I don't want to accidentally trigger the game to generate bearded men wearing dresses etc.

Hello @sooozeeebeee
    This is a tweet from SimGuruLyndsay

• Options
    @rosemow thank you. That tweet was from right after the patch on the second. Hopefully the game has behaved as it is supposed too, and will continue to do so, but bugs and glitches do happen, even without mods or cc.
  • Options
    VilyaEleniVilyaEleni Posts: 72 Member
    edited June 2016
    I have had 2 males spawn with female hairs, and 1 who spawned with female earrings. This was within 5 minutes of gameplay and I haven't touched the ... options in CAS at all. So, I'm wondering if some of it is broken. I didn't play long enough to see any more, however, these were just NPC's spawned in the hospital where my Sim was working.

I also only have feminine by default selected in CAS, and it still showed me male hairs and male clothing options. Is that supposed to happen? Does it still count those options as Feminine?

(The only mods in my game are those guaranteed to be updated, incase it matters.)
  • Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    sawdust wrote: »

Is that actually a transgender townie, or is it the clown-hair bug generating on a female townie? Just tagging @SimGuruNick & @SimGuruArvin , in case it's the first. (They know about the second.)

We are all still trying to work out what it is. ;) It is male as it has a moustache.
  • Options
    Tunny1200Tunny1200 Posts: 18 Member
    Since this patch all my townies are in same sex relationships. Seriously? Even some of the previously married straight couples are now apparently gay! Not happy with this EA
  • Options
    HeyImRosieHeyImRosie Posts: 107 Member
    If they are trans you made them that way. Personally i love how the sims 4 team is supporting the LGBT+ community
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @sooozeeebeee
    This is a tweet from SimGuruLyndsay

@SimGuruLyndsay has a cool new avatar :smiley:
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Tunny1200 wrote: »
    Since this patch all my townies are in same sex relationships. Seriously? Even some of the previously married straight couples are now apparently gay! Not happy with this EA

So far I have not noticed this in my game. I just started a legacy, so it would be very disheartening if it did. You can always go into manage worlds and edit sims. Add couples with traits you want to households, then delete the sims you don't want. Give the new sims relationships. I wonder if giving them the soulmate aspiration would make them more faithful and not flirt with other random townies?
  • Options
    agoanstendagoanstend Posts: 13 New Member
    bjk607 wrote: »
    @luciferarevalo mine are and my sisters mad some new female sims that are transgender as well

You don't have to use it,Its optional,Premade/cureent/famileys such as goth ect... will not be transgender ect unless you change it,so whys the point in being mad?
  • Options
    agoanstend wrote: »

You don't have to use it,Its optional,Premade/cureent/famileys such as goth ect... will not be transgender ect unless you change it,so whys the point in being mad?

oh wow,spelling fail there thats what happens when i don't look before i type, lol
  • Options
    I don't know about anyone else, but with the last patch for the sims 4 they decided to make all our new sims transgenders. I Hate this I do not approve of this type of thing and it is so ruining my game. EA and Maxis you need to fix this or tell us how to uninstall this patch.When I create a female sim that's what i want a FEMALE sim not male>( :(

All sims will start without it already made sims will stay the way there are and if you restart your simia realm none of them will be transgender,Thereby meaning you can just not click the transgender update,also you can not uninstall it,if you uninstall sims 4 and then install it it will still be there.