The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Dine Out BUGS!!!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,712 Member
    vmaff1234 wrote: »
    My employees are disappearing and I put them in my game and when I reopened the game all slots for employees were empty. Do I have to start over every time I reopen my restaurant please fix this cause my employees are in the game.

Hello @vmaff1234 .
    Your employees may be being culled
    Try doing the suggestions in this link
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/06/restaurant-employees-and-culling/
  • Options
    CourtneyAbbottCourtneyAbbott Posts: 4 New Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    My sims seem to find it enjoyable to get up from their seat, whilst eating, and take their plate to other tables just to have a chat. It gets a little frustrating to watch, especially because they get in the way of my staff while they serve food etc.

Also, once they finish eating their food, some stay seated at the table and talk for God knows how long. I'm an extremely impatient person xc Not only that, but it gets really late for my sim and the staff & they eventually get mad at me for keeping the store open, only I'm waiting for the sims to finish their chit-chat :|

Anyway to sort this? I also wanna point out that I have no mods - Thanks!

Do they actually continue eating after doing that ?

Just asking cause sometimes for me, they get up to drink, then sit back down but never ever actually touch their food.

Oh - I always thought it was leftovers, and that they just didn't want to eat it all... I don't really pay attention, huh
  • Options
    vmaff1234vmaff1234 Posts: 5 New Member
    My employees are disappearing and I put them in my game and when I reopened the game all slots for employees were empty. Do I have to start over every time I reopen my restaurant please fix this cause my employees are in the game.
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @vmaff1234 .

The sims that worked at my restaurant are in my world I put them in right after they were hired which was yesterday, but right when I reopened the game today the employees were gone.
  • Options

Hello @vmaff1234 .

The sims that worked at my restaurant are in my world I put them in right after they were hired which was yesterday, but right when I reopened the game today the employees were gone.

Hello,
    Did you play the household? You need to place them into a house through manage household then not play them at all.
  • Options

Hello @vmaff1234 .

Hello,
    Did you play the household? You need to place them into a house through manage household then not play them at all.

No I put them into a lot and then left them and logged back on only to find that they weren't part of my staff anymore.
  • Options
    SimmerLove99SimmerLove99 Posts: 34 Member
    I would make a new thread but I'm still a new member. At my restaurant, everything goes smoothly until it's up to the chef to make the food. The host seats people fine, the waiter takes the order and I see him deliver it to the chef. The chef animations work the food is just never made so the customers get mad and go from a 4 star to a 1 star. Maybe I just need to restart my game but I wanted to see if this was going on in anyone else's game.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Hello @vmaff1234 .

Hello,

No I put them into a lot and then left them and logged back on only to find that they weren't part of my staff anymore.

Could you try doing the same thing with another set of employees and see if the issue remains? This is just to test in case there was a glitch with these particular sims.
  • Options

Hello @vmaff1234 .

Hello,

Could you try doing the same thing with another set of employees and see if the issue remains? This is just to test in case there was a glitch with these particular sims.

I guess it better not happen this time I'm hoping to train my employees well and not have to rehire.
  • Options
    I would make a new thread but I'm still a new member. At my restaurant, everything goes smoothly until it's up to the chef to make the food. The host seats people fine, the waiter takes the order and I see him deliver it to the chef. The chef animations work the food is just never made so the customers get mad and go from a 4 star to a 1 star. Maybe I just need to restart my game but I wanted to see if this was going on in anyone else's game.

Hello.
    Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

If you have the door locks mod, remove it because it has been causing issues

This is a link to a list of some other broken and updated mods
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/889265/broken-updated-mods-not-cc-june-2-patch-dine-out-gp
  • Options
    @rosemow (I can not quote you as you included a link which I can not post yet .-.)

Thanks! You are always so helpful. I haven't downloaded any CC or mods since Dine Out came out through and it has worked fine. The only mod I currently have is the Faster Homework Mod. I will try this when I have a lot of free time because I have over 100 things in my CC folder. ;-;
  • Options
    @rosemow (I can not quote you as you included a link which I can not post yet .-.)

Thanks! You are always so helpful. I haven't downloaded any CC or mods since Dine Out came out through and it has worked fine. The only mod I currently have is the Faster Homework Mod. I will try this when I have a lot of free time because I have over 100 things in my CC folder. ;-;

Hello.
    Before testing each of your cc/mods, move the mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if it has helped the issues. This is to see if your cc/mods are affecting it or not.

If the issues remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair
  • Options
    BiorasBioras Posts: 50 Member
    I'm still having the issue with chefs leaving some customers meals uncooked. They will cook others that came in after them. My second bistro seems to be having better luck with this; it happens but not as often. The first was one I placed by Maxis. Again I have no mods, my game is completely vanilla.
    Well, back to the game... I need to go replace a host. He was a total jerk so I fired him and he dropped dead on the spot. Ooops.
  • Options
    @rosemow Thanks! I have a few CC that doesn't show up/ work anyways so I think a clear out is needed, though. Thanks for the advice
  • Options
    Bioras wrote: »
    I'm still having the issue with chefs leaving some customers meals uncooked. They will cook others that came in after them. My second bistro seems to be having better luck with this; it happens but not as often. The first was one I placed by Maxis. Again I have no mods, my game is completely vanilla.
    Well, back to the game... I need to go replace a host. He was a total jerk so I fired him and he dropped dead on the spot. Ooops.

Hello @Bioras
    Perhaps the issues may improve as the chefs become more skilled. It may help to pay for training. I hope that the new host that you employ works better! It would have given you a surprise when he died after you fired him!
  • Options
    @rosemow Thanks! I have a few CC that doesn't show up/ work anyways so I think a clear out is needed, though. Thanks for the advice

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 510 Member
    Evening all. I think this might be a bug(Just for me or maybe others have had it to?) When ever I try and Customize a Menu or drinks menu the screen hangs is grey for ages. I have to bring up task manager to close out the game every time. I haven't tried taking my CC or mods out but I'll see if that works.

Please do pull mods out. Especially anything that affects the UI at all.
    This might help but assume it is incomplete: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/889265/broken-updated-mods-not-cc-june-2-patch-dine-out-gp?new=1

Thanks for the reply. I did take out all CC and mods and started the game and it worked fine. I'm now trying to sort out what CC and mods work with the new pack.
  • Options
    Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 510 Member
    I have an issue, It does not happen with all my customers, but several of my customers will pick up their drink and get up and start chatting with other customers at another table, then when the food is placed at their table, they will go back and sit down, then get up again, pick up their food and go to another table and chat with others. They never sit at another table but they will chat with whoever is sitting there. I like that they seem to be having a good time, but I cant click on them to "check on table" when they are not seated. Other than that no other issues so far and I love the game! thank you!

Yeah, it's something I'm seeing too. Not as bad in my own restaurant but sometimes they just won't sit down.

Do you have any mods in your game ?

I have had this problem as well. Even with mods and CC taken out it still happens.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Evening all. I think this might be a bug(Just for me or maybe others have had it to?) When ever I try and Customize a Menu or drinks menu the screen hangs is grey for ages. I have to bring up task manager to close out the game every time. I haven't tried taking my CC or mods out but I'll see if that works.

Please do pull mods out. Especially anything that affects the UI at all.
    This might help but assume it is incomplete: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/889265/broken-updated-mods-not-cc-june-2-patch-dine-out-gp?new=1

Thanks for the reply. I did take out all CC and mods and started the game and it worked fine. I'm now trying to sort out what CC and mods work with the new pack.

Hello @Freckles1971

The UI cheats extension mod has been causing issues, If you have this mod, remove it and update to the updated version.
    http://modthesims.info/d/558548

This is a link to a list of some broken and updated mods. It may help you to work what is causing the issues in your game.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/889265/broken-updated-mods-not-cc-june-2-patch-dine-out-gp

• Options
    gramatiquegramatique Posts: 526 Member
    reikacitro wrote: »
    needanap wrote: »
    I can't place booths with tables without the moo cheat. The booth with a table attached can't be placed at all. Anyone found a solution for this? (SORRY for the bad english. I'm Danish.)

hi @needanap !

I was able to solve the problem by doing this:

First, I repaired the game like @rosemow told me to.
    After that I hunted around in my downloads folder for sth that sounded like it could lead to trouble with tables and removed the following files:

- [Brazen Lotus] Override_DiningTable_TableClutter1x1.package
    - 2x1.package
    - 3x1.package
    - _TableClutterPicnic.package
    - pbox_desk_all-purpose-slots.package
    - pbox_endtable-mission_override-extraslots.package
    - pbox_endtable-riveting_override-extraslots.package
    - pbox_lamps-table-anywhere+dropshadowfix.package

After that everything worked just fine again! Also, I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with the booths just being hard to place generally because, like I mentioned before, the booths in the premaid restaurants were gone and the ones in the catalogue were red when I tried to place them.

I hope, this helps you too!

sorry, the listed files from the second to fourth all begin with "[Brazen Lotus]..." too but it won't show that way in the post.

Hey @gramatique!

Take a look at my post above, maybe it's a solution to your problem too :wink:

@reikacitro Hi! Thank you so much for this! From memory alone I don't think I have any of those CC, but I'll take a look again. I will also check for any overrides myself.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    Stimpy313Stimpy313 Posts: 2 New Member
    I am encountering a bug that wont let me access my menu
  • Options
    Stimpy313 wrote: »
    I am encountering a bug that wont let me access my menu

Hello @Stimpy313 .

Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

The UI cheats extension mod has been causing issues, If you have this mod, remove it and update to the updated version.
    http://modthesims.info/d/558548

This is a link to a list of some of the broken and updated mods. Try also checking to see if you have any of the mods on the list
  • Options
    Cocoa182Cocoa182 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi all! I have dine out and lots of working cc, but the booths keep disappearing, i'm getting upset about this!!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Cocoa182 wrote: »
    Hi all! I have dine out and lots of working cc, but the booths keep disappearing, i'm getting upset about this!!

Hello @Cocoa182 .
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. Other simmers also are having the same issue.

Did you use the the moo cheat to place them? If you did it may have caused the issue,

Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the booth issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

If the issues remain, try starting a new save game with a random sim, and see if the issue with the booths occurs in that game also.
  • Options
    gramatiquegramatique Posts: 526 Member
    Hello @gramatique .
    Try placing the booths without using the moo cheat and see if that helps the issue.

I tried that, it didn't work :'( I thought perhaps TwistedMexi's default MOO mod was the problem, but even without it I was facing the same problem. The other thing that I forgot to mention was that booths were not being counted as dining seats. :(

It might have to do with the fact that the lot itself is bugged. When I get home I'll try checking another lot with booths and see if they disappear.