Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teach Conchobair - A lavish Baroque country house *download link inside*

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member

Hi @Nora_675 I´m living with my simself at Teach Conchobair and it´s great

Screenshot-223_zpsiaa944lh.jpg

Screenshot-222_zps8vrw25sk.jpg

Screenshot-221_zps94krlmsx.jpg

Screenshot-219_zpszobouhdb.jpg

Screenshot-220_zpspfuulvzz.jpg

Screenshot-224_zpsuyzhskbn.jpg

Screenshot-225_zps26n70tgo.jpg

Screenshot-227_zpsiqb4xre5.jpg

Screenshot-226_zpsn93i0zla.jpg

Screenshot-218_zpsmjaambvq.jpg
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    It is very nice and special pictures that you have posted of your simself living in Teach Conchoblair! @junceda :) Your simself is very pretty and her clothes are very nice! It was very nice seeing her in the very elegantly nice home. Thankyou for sharing the pictures :)
  • Options
    thankyou so much @rosemow, you are always so kind!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    Nora_675Nora_675 Posts: 65 Member
    Thank you for sharing!! I so enjoyed seeing your simself living in the house; she looks so at home! :D
  • Options
    I've just noticed the mirrors are missing either side of the fireplace in the library. Did you take them out or did I forget to add them to the CC package?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I´ve not taken off anything so those should not be in the CC package, the only thing I´ve changed are the roughs over the roof (you know what I mean) in my game they were showing in weird colours and shapes (IDK if it´s also a CC issue) so I made a customized rough with the looks of a sheet of some kind of metal, that gives the sensation of somekind of working patches, I´ll bring pics when at home and you can see if you like the solution I chose, oh! and I had to take off the juice barrel, because my sim and her butler were getting too much of it, going down to take a drink every time they were not doing anything else...

Ah! and I placed a Tea table set at the pale blue sitting room, I love that set so much and the way sims socialice when sitting around...
    Post edited by junceda on
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    Ok, good to know! If you chose to put them in there should be the Galerie de GLaces mirror: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=477696 either side of the fireplace.

Do you mean the rugs? They're from Into the Future and the pattern used was a base game pattern so it shouldn't be a CC issue. If you don't have that expansion pack then the game would have replaced them with something else. Pictures would be great when you have time.

LOL! I love the idea that your simmies were getting juiced up every free moment they had!!!

Great idea; I have that in my game and was thinking of putting it there or out in the little courtyard by the fountain.
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    You've seen my feedback on the Rate My Build thread. Good Build nonetheless! Well Done :)
  • Options

Oh! I don´t have Into the future and you can´t imagen what/how EA´s replacement looked like!

Now it´s how I solved it

Screenshot-228_zpsu388aqxo.jpg

and those are my sims having their tea in such a nice room!

Screenshot-229_zpsznmadrem.jpg
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options

And about the mirrors, they are there

Screenshot-230_zpsqvxhb0lk.jpg

but you know how TS3 has sometimes its own ways and in my game they are disappearing when I go a floor up

I´ve tryed moving them a little bit forward and backwards but it´s not working, it´s a minor thing and I like the way the second floor rails look to the first floor when they are hiden
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    I get what's happeining. Have you got object hiding on in the game options? If you have then it will hide objects on the floor below. For storytelling and screenshots if you turn off object hiding then they will show up.

Nice solution for the roof, the rugs are only there to hide the gap as I ran out of floors!!
  • Options
    Oh yes that´s a well known issue for me, it happens when two different hights (CFE or freezes)) are side by side without one tile between them, the roughs solution is what I usually do to hide the gaps...
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

• Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    Wow @Nora_675 , I just now stumbled upon your thread and I have to say that your baroque house is simply gorgeous and so detailed. Love all the decorating and coloring you did. Such a stunning build!
  • Options
    Thank you Sandraelle :)
  • Options
    Hi everyone,

So I got some helpful feedback which led to me redesigning a couple of the rooms so I've updated the links with the edited build. The rooms that have been changed are The Mural Hall and The Gilded Library; I've taken new screenshots which can be seen in the second post.

Hope you like them :)
  • Options
    Nora_675 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

So I got some helpful feedback which led to me redesigning a couple of the rooms so I've updated the links with the edited build. The rooms that have been changed are The Mural Hall and The Gilded Library; I've taken new screenshots which can be seen in the second post.

Hope you like them :)

Some helpful feedback from my RMB Service, open to anyone to post! I am looking for a team to join me for RMB, if anyone would like to join please PM me or post in the RMB thread!

Shameless advertising aside, I will look at your images now.
  • Options
    Hi @Nora_675 !

Your changes have really taken into account all of the feedback I gave you! The Gilded Library has improved massively. I could even give it a 9! I especially love the Blue Drawing Room! This build could even get a 10 if only you add a bit more detail to The Oriental Chamber. Other than that, I would like to change your rating to 8.9/10
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Lol! To anyone who is interested you can find the thread created by @Swiftlover13 called Rate My Build here. Get your brave pants on because this simmer holds no punches!!

Thank you @Swiftlover13 :) The Blue Drawing Room is one of my favourite spaces in the build; that and the revamped library. I'll have a look at The Oriental Chamber, see if I can jazz it up a bit. I'm so after that 10!! :D
  • Options
    natasticnatastic Posts: 66 Member
    This is so amazing :love: I don't think my game would be able to handle it but I'm drooling over these in-game pictures. Seriously fantastic job :blush:
    Y7wM3DC.png
  • Options
    thejmobilethejmobile Posts: 20 Member
    I am awestruck!! I've tried several times to build a grand house like this, and never yet built anything that looks so amazing! I can't wait to move my sims in, they'll finally be the lords of the manor.. :smiley:

@Nora_675 you've done an amazing job with this build, you should be proud.
  • Options
    Thanks @natastic. It is a resource heavy build, I think it's near the limit of what the game can handle tbh.

Hey @thejmobile and thanks! Lol, that's how this build started in truth. I wanted something for my Lady of the Manor but I couldn't find anything grand enough. Also installed a Monarchy career I found over at MTS which is just brill. Finally got some proper glass ceiling social hierarchy into my game!! :D
  • Options
    stefanisticstefanistic Posts: 46 Member
    This is a gorgeous build. I've been following the construction of the Amallais Palace over the years, and while I'm sad to see some of the amazing rooms in the Amallais did not make a return due to their size, this is still jaw-dropping mansion. Great work, Nora!
  • Options
    MoonwalkerMoonwalker Posts: 2 New Member
    the cc is in my game but i cant find the house :(