Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can growfruit trees still spawn?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    @Evalen , You have the same name as my violin! :)

that is funny, but violins do play sweet music.

• Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Evalen wrote: »

They do, and mine would (the tone on her is beautiful) were it not me playing it; all I seem to do is attract stray cats.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I went into Sims 4 to check, and came across this -
    t6free.png
    (I never played during the April Growfruit/Challenge time)
    So I guess they still spawn...
    (game updated, and no mods, cheats, etc)
    My Sim didn't stay long enough to grow fruit, and I had started a fresh/new game.

*jumps up and down excitedly while clapping and cheering* YAY! GROWFRUIT TREE! WOOO!

*Waves at tree* HI GROWFRUIT!
  • Options
    SimfuncrunchSimfuncrunch Posts: 513 Member
    A Sim household from a save file I didn't play at all during the challenge just vacationed in Granite Falls, and the camping goods booth there had growfruit for sale. I think one of these Sims also got a whim to do something with growfruit.
  • Options

They do, and mine would (the tone on her is beautiful) were it not me playing it; all I seem to do is attract stray cats.

Maybe one day you too will be good at it. Just keep practicing

• Options
    edited May 2016

Thank you for the encouragement. :) I mean to, but I don't really get the time at the moment, plus is does my back in something terrible. I compose a lot though, which I find to be more fun than learning an instrument (and I'm better at it which helps!) and I play bass guitar better than violin anyway.
  • Options

Thank you for the encouragement. :) I mean to, but I don't really get the time at the moment, plus is does my back in something terrible. I compose a lot though, which I find to be more fun than learning an instrument (and I'm better at it which helps!) and I play bass guitar better than violin anyway.

@BabySquare That is nice, we had a man at our church who composed songs, they were so nice, God gives many gifts. It is so funny but when you do something you love it does not seem like work and yes, it is fun.
    Keep it up, seems you have a God given talent. We just got drums at our church and a man who knows how to play them. It was so nice having drums. Made such a difference.
    I use to have one of my sims play the guitar and had him play for tips, I forgot about that and just might have my sim now do the same. It was a lot of fun, watching him play and the other sims enjoying it.

• Options
    Music really is incredible. I feel very lucky to be able to work with it.
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    Yeah they spwan, especially in windenburgh..i have had loads of them.and only seen them after that challenge, growfruit is in debug too along with eggs
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Game is up to date with current patch and cache file have been cleared... started a new game today with a new sim I made in CAS.... wild grow fruit trees spawning everywhere cherry trees would normally! I'm not that bothered as I quite like the grow fruit trees anyway but seems a bit weird that they are still spawning in band new game files.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Growfruit are determined fruits. They will not be put off by things like patches.
  • Options
    nikkibuglovenikkibuglove Posts: 15 Member
    I'm still finding them too!
  • Options
    SandunSandun Posts: 94 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Game is up to date with current patch and cache file have been cleared... started a new game today with a new sim I made in CAS.... wild grow fruit trees spawning everywhere cherry trees would normally! I'm not that bothered as I quite like the grow fruit trees anyway but seems a bit weird that they are still spawning in band new game files.

Okay, I haven’t played for some time. Played one of my saves briefly during the April challenge and found growfruit trees filling my world…… didn’t like that at all and exited as soon as found out.
    Today I fired up the game to check out the latest patch in another save, Growfruit trees had filled this save as well, a save I hadn’t played for months and definitely not during the challenge. So…… I started a brand new game with a brand new sim………. growfruit trees everywhere. I checked all places where I know trees grow. And they’re everywhere. Still small naturally, but definitely all growfruit trees….. This does bother me … a lot! Please, tell me this is not the way it was intended…..
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Sandun wrote: »
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

Okay, I haven’t played for some time. Played one of my saves briefly during the April challenge and found growfruit trees filling my world…… didn’t like that at all and exited as soon as found out.
    Today I fired up the game to check out the latest patch in another save, Growfruit trees had filled this save as well, a save I hadn’t played for months and definitely not during the challenge. So…… I started a brand new game with a brand new sim………. growfruit trees everywhere. I checked all places where I know trees grow. And they’re everywhere. Still small naturally, but definitely all growfruit trees….. This does bother me … a lot! Please, tell me this is not the way it was intended…..

Hello.
    Try removing the trees when they have grown, by taking two cuttings of the tree in a row and that will cause the tree to die. Then you can dispose of the tree, and a new type of plant may then spawn.
  • Options
    SandunSandun Posts: 94 Member

Thanks for the advice Rosemow. I really appreciate it. I will try that someday. This spawning doesn’t seem to be something that will be fixed any time soon and this might work. For the moment I don’t feel like playing, because it seems that with every new patch something else gets broken. It really frustrates me big time. It’s why I don’t play this game very often. But again, I appreciate your help. Also big time …
  • Options
    allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    I was able to buy growfruit from granite falls even after the event ended and am still able to grow them.

I saw them here as well. I still have my tree from the challenge but for those who don't I'm sure you can find them around somewhere!
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    I hate these trees. They haven taken over my parks.