Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I wish i could turn the patch of?

Hey there

I wish i could turn the patch of

Comments

• Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Darlin if you don't activate it it won't be in your game. Have you already downloaded it?

Maybe someone can suggest how to remove it in that case?
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I wish I could turn a lot of patches off, the December 4 patch with the whole sms thing, the klepto trait patch, the tragic clown patch...
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I wish I could uninstall "Get To Work" so I could get rid of aliens.

Ah well, it is what it is.

Is the new patch buggy? I need to play some and check out the new lighting.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,551 Member
    I've never met an alien. Or a tragic clown. My game must be blessed :)

I wonder why the OP doesn't like this patch?
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Felicity wrote: »

I wish I could uninstall the aliens from get to work.
  • Options
    foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member

Maybe the OP wants to be game
  • Options

Maybe the new lighting lags their game. Huh, I do need to play it to see if it lags mine. I somehow doubt it will, but you never know. I'll see if the mods I like to use are updated, and if so, I'll check that out.
  • Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member

Maybe the new lighting lags their game. Huh, I do need to play it to see if it lags mine. I somehow doubt it will, but you never know. I'll see if the mods I like to use are updated, and if so, I'll check that out.

As far as I know the new lighting only takes real effect and the new volumetric lighting is only when lighting is set to very high.
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member

I've never seen a tragic clown either. I have the mc command center mod, I wonder if that has something to do with it.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    Noogster wrote: »

As far as I know the new lighting only takes real effect and the new volumetric lighting is only when lighting is set to very high.

I play on the highest settings -- I try to keep my hardware somewhat current. Maybe the OP just needs to turn his graphics down, though.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    happygurl wrote: »

I've never seen a tragic clown either. I have the mc command center mod, I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Me neither! And I have no mods or CC! I want to see him!
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    I wish I could turn the patch off too. Too many forced features.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    The only thing I don't like are the sparkly icons for groups/retail/DLC -- the UI seems to be taking a downgrade and becoming more complicated (though I do like that you'll be able to own more than one restaurant and restaurants/retail; I'd love it if you could open retail without having to be on the lot like you'll be able to do with restaurants). The new lighting is way cool -- I've got a Sim in one of the older houses (Riverside Roost) and even with the smaller windows you can see effects like light coming through and casting shadows on the floor.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »

True! If there was a way to block the aliens completely, I'd buy that pack. Oh well.

One thing I LOVE about this patch, though, is that they did add so many option toggles. I hope that is a trend that continues in the future, so everyone can customize their games the way they like. Or even just some of their saved games, like if they want something turned on in one save, but off in another so you can play different ways.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,419 Member
    This is why I wish parts of patches and DLC were optional with check boxes. Oh well, until then I guess there are mods.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »

True! If there was a way to block the aliens completely, I'd buy that pack. Oh well.

One thing I LOVE about this patch, though, is that they did add so many option toggles. I hope that is a trend that continues in the future, so everyone can customize their games the way they like. Or even just some of their saved games, like if they want something turned on in one save, but off in another so you can play different ways.

Honestly, it's very easy to block the aliens, just don't open a portal to their world....
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    You can turn it off. Press uninstall and there you go, totally removed.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »

Honestly, it's very easy to block the aliens, just don't open a portal to their world....

I haven't played out a scientist, or have any of the alien stuff, and I've never been to the alien world, but I still get 'alien' nights at the nightclubs and my Sim has met several aliens in and out of disguise. Abductions need to be triggered, but alien townies still spawn regardless. At least if you have... was it GT that introduced theme nights? Or a patch? I don't remember.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »

I like aliens and I hate that they put the abduction chance near to almost nothing. However I don't want my town filled with them, I like that they are rare (though not as much as now there has to be a balance), and so, I hate the themed nights with the lifestates. It's like saying "oh no don't go to a bar on Tuesdays or you are in for a world of pain".
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Taranatar9Taranatar9 Posts: 1,062 Member
    bruuut wrote: »
    Hey there

I wish i could turn the patch of

Turn the patch of what?
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    @TheGoodOldGamer Alien Night wasn't a patch feature. It came with the GT EP. If you visit the bar on Alien Night you will spawn them in your game.
  • Options
    kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    happygurl wrote: »

I have never seen a tragic clown either and I have no mods and I have the tragic clown painting on the wall in my sims home (I have not had them look at it though, I'm too scared!) :D