Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 has become modern

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
Simstagram, Selfies, Smartphones, Hipsters, Foodpics and now the T part of LGBT.

What do you think is still missing from our modern everyday life values?
I think it's group selfies!
a256aFi.gif
Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on

Comments

• Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Newspapers, land lines, burglars, firemen, policemen, toddlers, tag, hide and seek, play ball, dirt and dust, laundry, cars, not many people in the US walk everywhere etc. etc.

you're right!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Bring back the robotic vacuum cleaner and drone from Sims 2 :)
  • Options
    knazzer wrote: »
    Bring back the robotic vacuum cleaner and drone from Sims 2 :)

Oh yes the robotic vacuum cleaner!!!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited June 2016
    Newspapers, land lines, burglars, firemen, policemen, toddlers, tag, hide and seek, play ball, dirt and dust, laundry, cars, not many people in the US walk everywhere etc. etc.

In Europe though, many people forego cars all together, since public transport is often very good/cities more pedestrian friendly. I don't think cars would suit Windenburg, but they definitely would suit the more American suburbia worlds of Willow Creek and Oasis Springs.
  • Options
    aaronjc123 wrote: »

In Europe though, many people forego cars all together, since public transport is often very good/cities more pedestrian friendly. I don't think cars would suit Windenburg, but they definitely would suit the more American suburbia worlds of Willow Creek and Oasis Springs.

I rarely use my car, either walk or cycle everywhere :)
  • Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited June 2016
    "Nude. Selfies. Til. I. Die." That's missing
    Also sim version of Twitter
    Snapchat
    Tumblr to properly reflect lgbt, most notably forcing studios to give their superheroes boyfriends or to express their disgust when a lgbt character is killed by a stray bullet on a tV show.
    Definitely needs more reality TV craze
    ie. Big brother, Male and Pregnant, Growing up with 2 moms, The Landgraabs etc.
    Also no one holds their phone to their ear anymore, it's all about speaker phone

To be quite frank, TS4 has a long way to go before it can ever be called modern.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    fabeme wrote: »
    The possibility to not have a smartphone in the game and buying it later would be modern than being born with a cellphone in you hands... >.<

haha, so right.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options

I bet you live in a small village? I would love to live in Wales. Have some friends there. I prefer British humor (forgive me Wales) to American humor. Not saying that is your country have no idea. Just sayin' it. But if I didn't use a car, here, I would still be walking and never get home.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Taranatar9Taranatar9 Posts: 1,062 Member
    ...and now LGBT.

LGB's have been in the series from day one. Haven't bothered with this game for a few months. Did they add T's?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

*APLAUDES*
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

I bet you live in a small village? I would love to live in Wales. Have some friends there. I prefer British humor (forgive me Wales) to American humor. Not saying that is your country have no idea. Just sayin' it. But if I didn't use a car, here, I would still be walking and never get home.

lol no City Centre of Cardiff
  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited June 2016
    Toddlers.
    Diversity of personality: traits do nothing.
    Cars.
    Basic weather.
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    edited June 2016

I live in a 1million city and don't even have a driver's license. If there is adequate public transport you don't need a car. I used to cycle everywhere, but I really need a new one now.

In Windenburg there are trams and I've also seen them in Newcrest. I would love for my Sims to be able to at least wait at a station, even if there's no animation for travelling with the trains. Or there could be a map at the station where you could choose the different worlds.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited June 2016

I can't remember the last time I had a newspaper delivered to my house, had a land line phone or saw a police officer actually out on patrol for that matter, ha ha.
    I agree with most of your points though; this game does seem to be getting back some subtle little touches but it'd be great if things like the burglar would return. I would especially LOVE for the game to add things like laundry, dirty windows and dust. Heck, I want my sims to be able to mow the lawn :)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Darkslayer wrote: »

I can't remember the last time I had a newspaper delivered to my house, had a land line phone or saw a police officer actually out on patrol for that matter, ha ha.
    I agree with most of your points though; this game does seem to be getting back some subtle little touches but it'd be great if things like the burglar would return. I would especially LOVE for the game to add things like laundry, dirty windows and dust. Heck, I want my sims to be able to mow the lawn :)

Lol, we do have a landline phone because it is part of our Fios tv/internet/phone bundle and would be more expensive to get rid of but I can never remember the number because we rarely use it.
  • Options
    belpita wrote: »

I live in a 1million city and don't even have a driver's license. If there is adequate public transport you don't need a car. I used to cycle everywhere, but I really need a new one now.

In Windenburg there are trams and I've also seen them in Newcrest. I would love for my Sims to be able to at least wait at a station, even if there's no animation for travelling with the trains. Or there could be a map at the station where you could choose the different worlds.

Me too, and sorry for assuming a small village where everyone walks. You must be in fantastic shape to walk or ride a bike that much. I'm getting old and can't do half that stuff anymore. But not due to age per se.
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm 21, live in a city of around 800,000 people and I don't have a driver's license either. I get to where I need to go via public transport. I also cycle a lot.

PS, saying 'I'm 21' still sounds weird to me. In my mind I'm still 11 years old (and sometimes I act like it, lol).
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member

YES!! I so agree!
    I'm patiently waiting for that fireman :smile:
  • Options
    KingofSimsKingofSims Posts: 371 Member

Newspapers and land lines still exist...? :| lol
  • Options
    -KendallKatz--KendallKatz- Posts: 244 Member
    To be honest, I would like some Chinese takeout! :smiley: I mean seriously, the average young adult on a budget does take advantage of Chinese takeout. :D And, I miss Indie music from the Sims 3. The songs were actually kind of catchy!
    origin id: slayingsims
    4677c7a6473e6a278b30e270c9b1e82a.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2016
    KingofSims wrote: »

They do, or are you in the 90st century? If you are, please be careful, the Sun might explode at any minute now.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited June 2016

Agreed.

I still have a landline as well a smartphone, and still get the paper. I am a blend of what is old and new.
  • Options
    KingofSimsKingofSims Posts: 371 Member
    edited June 2016
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    KingofSims wrote: »

They do, or are you in the 90st century? If you are, please be careful, the Sun might explode at any minute now.

I guess there's an older generation that still use them, but it's 2016, most people use their iphones for news.