Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

#BuildNewcrest : Rosenburg (HIATUS)

totalRainbowtotalRainbow Posts: 425 Member

This is a Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge, created by Simply Vanilla Sims. I have become very interested in building, but also still enjoy a good legacy (especially the story telling aspect). I will be following all of these rules, besides a few slight deviations. Find my rule page here. You can also find all of the builds I make for this challenge here. I will admit that I am not the best builder of all time, so I would love input and feedback as well as tips and tricks! I am especially weak in the roofing aspect, as most are. Please feel free to post your insights here as well as on the posts of the builds on my wordpress. Any input is appreciated! Regardless, I thought this would be a fun challenge to try so I could perhaps improve my building skills!

This story is currently on HIATUS. Please stick around for the return in late 2017. :smile:

06-29-16_12-27-36c2a0pm.png?w=202&h=202&crop=108-06-16_10-58-44c2a0am.png?w=202&h=202&crop=109-05-16_11-37-39c2a0am.png?w=202&h=202&crop=1
Heiress, Gen 2 / Molly Rosenburg : Family Friendly
2.0 | 2.1 | 2.2 | 2.3 | 2.4 | 2.5 | 2.6 | 2.7.1 | 2.7.2 | 2.8 | 2.9 | 2.10 | 2.11 | 2.12 | 2.13 | 2.14 | 2.15
2.16 | 2.17 | 2.18 | 2.19 | 2.20

: Succession Laws

Equality: The Founder may be of either gender. Both boys and girls are eligible for the title of heir.

Traditional: Children who are naturally born from the previous generation are eligible to be named heir. Adopted children are ineligible to be named heir unless there are no naturally born children, at which point they become eligible for that generation.

Democracy: This rule may be used if you are displaying your Legacy Challenge in some public way. Either via Let’s Play, Livestream, blog or other format where people can leave comment. The heir is chosen by your viewers/readers from among the pool of eligible heirs.

Tolerant: The species of the child has no impact on their eligibility for heir status.
# BuildNewcrest Legacy Challenge : Rosenburg
Forum Thread | Blog
Post edited by totalRainbow on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Find the family tree to the Rosenburg family here.

: Previous Generations
    05-27-16_9-28-30c2a0pm.png?w=202&h=202&crop=105-27-16_9-38-23c2a0pm.png?w=202&h=202&crop=107-04-16_8-16-55c2a0pm.png?w=202&h=202&crop=1
    Founder, Gen 1 / Olive Rosenburg : Hungry Herbalist
    1.0 | 1.1 | 1.2 | 1.3 | 1.4 | 1.5 | 1.6 | 1.7 | 1.8 | 1.9 | 1.10 | 1.11 | 1.12 | 1.13 | 1.14 | 1.15 |
    Post edited by totalRainbow on
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    : rsvd
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited May 2016
    Whenever I see a new Build Newcrest story pop up it makes me happy - probably because there were none when I first started mine! :D I can say from experience that the challenge really does help i prove your building skills, and it splits the building up into manageable doses so that you don't burn out. Ideal for learning to appreciate building more and getting better at it :)

Olive is adorable and I love her little home :) Hehe definitely sounds like Johnny, calling himself Zesty :D
  • Options
    @ThePlumbob I was looking for some Build Newcrest challenges to read a few weeks ago and it really was hard to find one that was continuous. I've read a few chapters of yours to try and get a feel. Maybe if I've got a bit of extra free time I can really get caught up, I enjoyed what I did read! Thanks for checking it out, though. He reminds me of Johnny Bravo and I just had to go with the "slick" theme. There's another update coming tomorrow, and that's all I've played so far haha!

Do you have any suggestions when it comes to building a roof for a square home? I know roofing is a little easier if the home is broken up or has a little bit of a shape, but I really just can not find a happy medium for a home like Olive's.
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Haha admittedly by generation 8 I have broken pretty much all the rules, not sure if I can even still call my story a Build Newcrest challenge! It's Build Newcrest-esque :D

I can see what you mean with Johnny Bravo and Johnny Zest lol!

Hm, I rarely ever build square homes to be honest, and when I do, I make them have flat roofs and have some of the windows pop out a bit - like this bar:

103.jpg
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited May 2016
    Ooooh! Build Newcrests are definitely one of my favourite stories! Loved the beginning <3
    Bookmarked!
  • Options
    @ThePlumbob Hopefully I can stick(ish) to the rules, haha!
    That's a really good idea, especially for using the building as a community lot area once I create it into a park. That will be a nice feature building with a roof like that. Perhaps I will try it out during my first "renovations"! Thanks!

@Sterretjeee Glad to see you here! I really love these legacy challenges, too! I love a legacy story but also the builds! Best of both worlds. Glad to see you reading.
    Like I said, there will be another update tomorrow! Typical gen 1 legacy starter episodes, trying to get everything started, but hopefully it'll get interesting soon! Thanks for reading. :)
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    UPDATE 1.1

enjoy :)
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    I love you adding Johnny into the story so much! He's definitely one of my favourite pre-mades :blush:
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    I really like your starter house for this challenge! It's so cute!

I am excited for more :smiley:
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    @Sterretjeee It was actually by chance that he showed up at the pond behind her house. And he really has been asking to come over like, every day on his own! When I started this challenge I was thinking of good sims for a spouse and he popped into my mind, but the game has really put some effort into forcing it lol!

@Kamio Thank you! I'm really interested in "tiny homes" in real life, so I thought something tiny-esque would be cute! Should have another update probably Wednesday! Thanks for reading. :)
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    IchiRukiiIchiRukii Posts: 163 Member
    I finally got to starting your legacy! I love it so far, hehe.
    2zznd61.jpg
    Read it at ichirukiisims.wordpress.com
  • Options
    @IchiRukii Yay, glad you're reading! Hopefully I can get some spicy things happening soon. :)
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    UPDATE 1.2

Things are finally starting to develop and get not-boring, I promise! :)
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    I love the way you decorated a plant pot so much! <3
    I really like Johnny, so glad he pops up every episode!
    Just curious if Bob's 'nervous flickering' is for the EA reasons, or you made something up on your own ;)
  • Options
    @Sterretjeee I'm really loving Johnny, too!
    When she was having the conversation with Bob, he kept making this weird face and was "bored" until right about when she left (becuase Johnny asked to come over). I think I have something brewing but I'm still pretty unsure about it!
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    UPDATE 1.3

a little update for your friday :*
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    Nooo, poor Johnny!
    Non-committal is such an unique trait for a founder! So curious how you're going to work with it :)
  • Options
    @Sterretjeee I know it! I think every sim should have a "downfall" trait. *is evil muahaha*
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    I just caught up! Some interesting developments! I really like Johnny so I hope he can find a way to get around her non-committal trait hehe... and the garden is adorable by the way, I'm loving it :3
    2zznd61.jpg
  • Options
    @IchiRukii thank you! I really love Johnny, I'm glad he popped up when she moved in. Hopefully her trait won't cause too much trouble!
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    UPDATE 1.4

a little something to get your week going :)
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    @Sterretjeee aaaahaah! They've been having their share, lemme tell ya! I use woohoo as a fun motive filler, because most of the times they're too busy with work or skilling to do "fun" activities.
    Forum Thread | Blog
  • Options
    babies!
    2zznd61.jpg