Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Neighborhood Rotation Thread

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @Rainydayz179 I sure am mixing them up! I've been calling him Malcom... Ooops! I need to go fix a couple of my blog posts, lol.

Okay now it makes sense. Yes, Geoffrey is very sweet and mild mannered... unlike Nancy. They divorced in my game and he married a really nice lady he met at the park and had a daughter Andrea. Nancy married the Fogel guy, his name slips my mind and had a son Cory but they ended up divorcing too.

Oh, that's cool! In @RachelRosebud 's wonderful Gather Ye Rosebuds they divorced, also, and they each ended up with new spouses who were much more compatible for them.

I'm writing a fanfic (no screenshots, and no Simming behind the story, just a novel that has the Landgraabs and Goths as characters), and in that Geoffrey and Nancy have divorced, too. (I think I was influences by Rachel's story.)

In Three Rivers...
    I found out that Geoffrey is lovebirds with Janet Fuchs, one of the featured characters... so I've decided to feature Geoffrey in his own chapter, which will be for the prompt "This poem was never written." LOL! And a little heart-breaking, simultaneously...
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Oh, that's cool! In @RachelRosebud 's wonderful Gather Ye Rosebuds they divorced, also, and they each ended up with new spouses who were much more compatible for them.

I'm writing a fanfic (no screenshots, and no Simming behind the story, just a novel that has the Landgraabs and Goths as characters), and in that Geoffrey and Nancy have divorced, too. (I think I was influences by Rachel's story.)

In Three Rivers...
    I found out that Geoffrey is lovebirds with Janet Fuchs, one of the featured characters... so I've decided to feature Geoffrey in his own chapter, which will be for the prompt "This poem was never written." LOL! And a little heart-breaking, simultaneously...

That's awesome! @RachelRosebud was a huge influence on me when I started my rotation. Her Scarlet Firecracker (with her permission) married Alexander Goth in mine.
  • Options

That's awesome! @RachelRosebud was a huge influence on me when I started my rotation. Her Scarlet Firecracker (with her permission) married Alexander Goth in mine.

Seriously? Can you share pics of their kids? I love Scarlet's genes! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Sure can! Their names are Marshall and Maxwell Goth
    TS4_x64%2B2016-04-16%2B15-50-19-14.bmp
    TS4_x64%2B2016-04-16%2B16-05-52-54.bmp
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member

OMG! *fangirls* Scarlett is one of my favs :)
  • Options
    OMG! *fangirls* Scarlett is one of my favs :)

Yay! Digs for more Scarlet shots...
    03-18-15_5-57%C2%A0PM.png
    03-19-15_12-38%C2%A0PM.png
    03-19-15_1-23%C2%A0PM.png
  • Options

• Options

They really are a great combo of both parents! :)

• Options
    They really are a great combo of both parents! :)

Yes they are two very handsome guys. Too bad their dad died before their wedding. :'(
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Gather ye rosebuds was a huge Inspiration for me too! I am really sad it hasn't been updated in a while. It was so fun!
  • Options
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Gather ye rosebuds was a huge Inspiration for me too! I am really sad it hasn't been updated in a while. It was so fun!

I know! I hadn't realized that she had stopped updating it because I wasn't on the computer for so long and when I went to her blog to find where I left off it was basically where she ended. I was so bummed.
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    I haven't read Gather Ye Rosebuds, it was on my to do list. Would you still recommend it for a read even though it hasn't been updated?
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    @cecerose0208 definitely! It's amazing and since it's a rotation and more casual than a plot-driven story you can have fun with it even though it hasn't been completed ^^
  • Options
    xbecky685xxbecky685x Posts: 323 Member

Hello! I've just started a new save and I will be rotating! I haven't done any neighbourhood rotation since sims 2 so I'm very excited to try it again. I will be playing each household for one sim week, Sunday - Sunday. I will only age unplayed households when I'm playing the first family in my list. And obviously I will only age the active household of played family's. The family's I have chosen to play with are 1. The pancakes 2. The Goths. 3. The Roomies. 4. The behrs. 5. The calientes. I will add more family's as I go along I think but for now that's enough. I will also update other family's in my neighbourhood by giving them partners in cas and getting the pregnant so my town will grow around my played family's.
    So far I have only played the Pancakes and am currently playing the Goths.
    Bob and Eliza have started off pretty unhappy in their relationship. Bob works hard and Eliza goes out and spends his money's. While out grabbing a coffee Eliza met Gunther Munch. She really liked him so was thrilled when he invited her to join the avant gardes. Their relationship was innocent to start with until Eliza feeling confident did a bold pick up line. They have lots of lovely dates and romantic dinners. Bob has no idea what's going on as he thinks she's with her club. Meanwhile at home Bob has been trying to repair his relationship with Eliza and they are both starting to remember why they married each other. And then I moved onto the Goths. Not much has happened with them yet.
    Gallery xbecky685x
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    xbecky685x wrote: »
    Hello! I've just started a new save and I will be rotating! I haven't done any neighbourhood rotation since sims 2 so I'm very excited to try it again. I will be playing each household for one sim week, Sunday - Sunday. I will only age unplayed households when I'm playing the first family in my list. And obviously I will only age the active household of played family's. The family's I have chosen to play with are 1. The pancakes 2. The Goths. 3. The Roomies. 4. The behrs. 5. The calientes. I will add more family's as I go along I think but for now that's enough. I will also update other family's in my neighbourhood by giving them partners in cas and getting the pregnant so my town will grow around my played family's.
    So far I have only played the Pancakes and am currently playing the Goths.
    Bob and Eliza have started off pretty unhappy in their relationship. Bob works hard and Eliza goes out and spends his money's. While out grabbing a coffee Eliza met Gunther Munch. She really liked him so was thrilled when he invited her to join the avant gardes. Their relationship was innocent to start with until Eliza feeling confident did a bold pick up line. They have lots of lovely dates and romantic dinners. Bob has no idea what's going on as he thinks she's with her club. Meanwhile at home Bob has been trying to repair his relationship with Eliza and they are both starting to remember why they married each other. And then I moved onto the Goths. Not much has happened with them yet.

It's amazing @xbecky685x ! <3 I like rotation style myself and I was used play switching between the families, but now I'm busy with my stories where I have to keep my eyes on main characters and their families :/ If you have some Blog or thread on forum I'd like to read your story ;) Thank you for sharing <3
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Hi everyone! I was on hiatus for a while, but the main Sim save I'm playing is a neighborhood rotation. I'm writing about it as well on my blog. I'd love to hear updates about everyone else's experiences playing a neighborhood rotation.
  • Options
    Pl0pz518Pl0pz518 Posts: 6 New Member
    My rotation rules:
    I play (sims time) Monday 8.30am to Monday 8.29am with each family. Each family has a different goal for that week I am trying to achieve whether that be individual members of the family or as a unit.

I have started off with the Vatore family.

Caleb: Ambitious, Food, Materialistic, Gregarious, Wants to be a good vampire. I've decided he will never compel anybody and will avoid asking anyone to drink. He wishes to only consume plasma from now on.

Lilith: Outgoing, Active, Creative, Domestic, Wants a vampire family. I've decided she will never compel for a deep drink, but would rather ask or compel for a small drink if need be.

Caleb's Goals for Week 1:
    Job: He wants to use Trendi. He's quite fashionable and is interested in current trends. He's capable of having a normal job, but would rather not have one. He's lived too long already to conform to societal norms this way.
    Skills: He wants to increase his vampire lore to level 4 and use this knowledge to find ways to become a more 'human-friendly' vampire (if there can be such a thing.) In connection with this, he wants to increase his fishing skill to catch more fish and therefore be able to make his own plasma packs to avoid having to buy them and be able to make his own steady source of food.
    Friends: Caleb wants a lot of friends. He is getting along well with a few people, but really seems to bond well with Justin Delgato, and wants to make him a best friend. He also seems to enjoy Victor Feng's company a lot, so would like to become good friends with him.
    Family: To bond with Lilith more. They play a lot of chess together and he wants that to be their source of bonding.
    Romance: Nothing for now. Caleb is highly focused on being a vampire that can fit into normal life without hurting anybody right now, so doesn't have time for love.

Lilith's Goals for Week 1:
    Job: She does not want one. At all. She still struggles with day-light and her ultimate goal in life is to have a large family of vampires around her. How can she do this if she's busy faffing about with filing cabinets?
    Skills: Increase her vampire powers by learning from Vlad.
    Friends: Lilith has been alive a long time, and is less focused on 'friends' as she is on having a clan. She has met two families with babies that she currently has her eyes set on having once they become young adults - Edmund Kim-Lewis, the son of Eric and Alice, and Cordelia Feng, the daughter of Victor and Lily.
    Family: She wants to spend more time with Caleb, although she finds his hippie mission irritating.
    Romance: Nothing for now. She wanted this when she was younger, but has given up on having a mate as vampire men are not for her, and human men will die so quickly.
  • Options
    SupergirldaynaSupergirldayna Posts: 13 New Member
    How do you guys handle the seasons? I have it set to 28 days for each season (the max) and I play with each household for a week, so I can really only have 4 households if I want them to experiance all the seasons. How do you guys play with 5+ households and they all play through each season? Is there a mod or something?
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited June 2023
    @Supergirldayna
    I always have the week and the current Season added to the household name eg. Pancakes10Summer) via. manage households. I don't play my households in a strict order, but pick them by appropriate Season. It doesn't work 100%, but it works fair enough for me.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen