Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 and EP3 will NOT be present in the EA Play event

Comments

• Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Slawfish wrote: »
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    Slawfish wrote: »
    If you think things can not get worse, believe, will worsen. That's because, even after two and a half months with absolutely no official announcement, and the gamepack about restaurants that basically NEVER is revealed with official trailer or release date, we still have to deal with the fact that The Sims 4 will not be present, I repeat, will not be present in the EA Play event that will happen in 12 to 14 June.

The SimsVIP contacted Maxis, who promptly responded by saying:
    The Sims will not be participating at EA Play this year, although we encourage you to stay up-to-date with all of the exciting news coming out of the show by tuning in to the EA press conference on Sunday, June 12, 2016 - http://simsvip.com/2016/05/11/the-sims-4-will-not-be-present-at-the-ea-play-event/

It will be the first time in franchise history that we'll not have a new expansion being released later in the first half of the year, it seems. This dramatically reduces the chances of having two expansions this year, which can be seen as a big nightmare for many players, especially those who are quite skeptical and dissatisfied with the fourth generation of our favorite life simulator.

If a large number of people are feeling increasingly demotivated in communities around the world, the trend is only worsen if things continue as they are.

Sims-4-EA-Play-E3-2016-1.png

So, because The Sims aren't going to be at EA Play, a teaser for the next EP can't be shown during EA Play?
    I'm not sure how it works so clarify if you know.
    Their response implies that there is some The Sims news regardless of their absense. Could be an EP trailer or just a new seasonal teaser trailer.

If they said "The Sims will not be participating at EA Play" I take that to mean no presence. If The Sims team is not participating, then I doubt they would show anything Sims related, etc. So, I think a trailer would be unlikely. They are encouraging fans to tune in to the EA press conference for news on other EA products. But, I'm guessing it's going to be a quiet week for Sims news. The team will probably just be working as usual. Maybe getting ready for Gamescom? Don't know.

I would think this too normally, but because it's an EA only event, there might not be that kind of restrictions?

I'm not sure. Anything I may come up with is just a guess, unfortunately. :confused:

My main thought, though, is that they'd have to know that this news would disappoint some fans. So, they would be very careful about how they worded it. I'd think that if there were a trailer orsomething to look forward to at the event, they'd have made it a point to say so. But, like I said, I don't really know for sure. Just going off of what they said. It's probably safest to assume that we won't hear anything Sims related during EA Play.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Am I the only one who care more about knowing when the next announcement would be than the event itself ? I mean, with last year's Gamescom, what was great was knowing there would be something new announced. But now we know we are going to have a new quaterly trailer early summer, so we already know when the next announcement will be.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Honestly, this news has me a bit optimistic. Taking long to produce the next EP might mean it's going to be a big one. Could be generations or seasons. The toddler thread remains one of the things that keeps me hoping that they're taking our feedback and adding some of those features to it.

And then the pessimist in me is wondering if they had a reduction of staff and are failing to meet deadlines because if it.

I'd still prefer to imagine a generations pack with some of the ideas from that thread implemented.
  • Options
    Sanriel85Sanriel85 Posts: 362 Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 EA, no, Seriously, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 EA. I am so sick of the way they ruin everything. Lets never forrget how EA destroy Sim City.
  • Options
    riccardougariccardouga Posts: 436 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Honestly, this news has me a bit optimistic. Taking long to produce the next EP might mean it's going to be a big one. Could be generations or seasons. The toddler thread remains one of the things that keeps me hoping that they're taking our feedback and adding some of those features to it.

And then the pessimist in me is wondering if they had a reduction of staff and are failing to meet deadlines because if it.

I'd still prefer to imagine a generations pack with some of the ideas from that thread implemented.

Well I'm not sure about this... do you remember that time period when the developers were in the darkness for the base game? I'm getting those terrible vibes from 2013/2014 right now. What I want to say is that will be another disappointment and/or half-baked product, no matter how long the wait will be... it's getting really hard to be optimistic, sorry.
  • Options
    JCsS1MSJCsS1MS Posts: 1,148 Member
    I'm wholeheartedly disappointed at this point. No content for months, barely any thing except an incredibly short look into the future and there's not even an expansion in there. I have loved The Sims for many years, since hot date was released but I'm incredibly disappointed in the fact that they're not even communicating as to why we haven't received an expansion or game pack already. It's like they want their fans to give up on them and it saddens me. :(
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    I don't know how the Play Event works, is it only games that are about to be released or has already been released? If the former then perhaps that means the EP/GP/SP will be out before the event happens?
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited May 2016
    Eh. It all just sounds like scaremongering to me.

So EA won't be advertising anything for The Sims for some game convention - big deal. Believe it or not not showcasing at a game conventions means diddily-squat and this isn't the first gaming convention EA has ducked out of for The Sims.

Besides, I'd prefer for EA to take their time and produce something amazing rather than just spit out something each and every month. I've never been a fan of this quick-fire monthly release model and if they're straying away from it to take 6+ months to do so that's A-OK with me and I really just do not understand this need for instant gratification. TS1 and TS2 did not have monthly content releases and the only reason TS3 had them was because of the store.

For me Get Together still isn't "that" old (December 2015) and we've had multiple monthly stuff pack releases that finally ceased to happen in February 2016 - how anyone can claim we haven't had any content in "ages" is beyond me. It's only been two months and we KNOW there is something coming because EA put up a teaser for it.

Get To Work:- April 2015
    Get Together:- December 2015
    Outdoor Retreat:- January 2015
    Spa Day:- July 2015
    Luxury Party Stuff:- May 2015
    Perfect Patio Stuff:- June 2015
    Cool Kitchen Stuff:- August 2015
    Spooky Stuff:- September 2015
    Movie Hangout Stuff:- January 2016
    Romantic Garden Stuff:- February 2016

Edit: I'm sure the people here who have been so vocal about wanting the game to fail are practically wetting themselves with excitement though because this is 100% a clear sign something is wrong instead of, oh I don't know, pretty much any other thing EA choosing not to showcase The Sims could actually be down to.
    Post edited by Darkslayer on
  • Options
    JCsS1MSJCsS1MS Posts: 1,148 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

That's what I'm hoping for but they need to communicate. I would be willing to wait 8 months for an expansion if I know it's loaded with content and exciting new features but I'm not willing to wait 8 months for news of an expansion.

It would be great if they could at least say "we're working on a generations expansion and it could take another 5 months, please stay tuned" and then add tidbits once a month until it's almost done. That's all I'm looking for is some information. If they aren't working on an expansion at all after all this time, that would suck and make me question the future of The Sims 4. I read someones comment about being harder to work on Sims 4 and maybe that's it. I don't know but I love the game and would like to see more content sometime within the next 3 weeks. I doubt that's going to happen but I'm stir crazy waiting for info.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited May 2016
    I wouldn't be surprised if EA was considering trying to take over Colossal Order like they did with Maxis to take control of Paradox's "Cities Skylines."
    They made a "hostile bid to take over the company behind the Grand Theft Auto franchise" in 2008.

Paradox could make a good Sims game.
  • Options
    SeremelaSeremela Posts: 28 Member
    For the first time im worried about the future of the sims. They should clear up why there is only 1 EP coming this year. More transparenty we need.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited May 2016
    Seremela wrote: »
    For the first time im worried about the future of the sims. They should clear up why there is only 1 EP coming this year. More transparenty we need.

Where have they said there's only one EP coming this year? For all we know one EP is due out in June / July and the other is due out November / December.

Seriously; a game developer deciding not to showcase a specific game at a convention doesn't mean anything. Nintendo decided not to bother showing anything at all at some pretty major conventions one year and that didn't spell out doom and gloom for them.

EA themselves didn't showcase anything for The Sims at one point during one of the E3s (or one of the other conventions, can't remember exactly which one it was) and even though loads of people pointed out that was "proof" the game was a failure etc etc that didn't mean anything back then either as proven by the glut of content releases we got in 2015.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm failing to see the problem...
    and I think @Darkslayer just explained why.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    SeremelaSeremela Posts: 28 Member
    > @Darkslayer said:
    > Seremela wrote: »
    >
    > For the first time im worried about the future of the sims. They should clear up why there is only 1 EP coming this year. More transparenty we need.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Where have they said there's only one EP coming this year? For all we know one EP is due out in June / July and the other is due out November / December.
    >
    > Seriously; a game developer deciding not to showcase a specific game at a convention doesn't mean anything. Nintendo decided not to bother showing anything at all at some pretty major conventions one year and that didn't spell out doom and gloom for them.
    >
    > EA themselves didn't showcase anything for The Sims at one point during one of the E3s (or one of the other conventions, can't remember exactly which one it was) and even though loads of people pointed out that was "proof" the game was a failure etc etc that didn't mean anything back then either as proven by the glut of content releases we got in 2015.

a EP is alway's announced like 3 months before it comes out. And if it was coming out in june or july then they shouldve been at ea play. Just my thoughts.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited May 2016
    So, genuine question, because E3 has always felt like something I didn't have to pay attention to: Did it used to be a thing that EA announced Sims EPs at the industry E3 convention? Which EPs had E3 promotion? I always thought it was used to promote new games and technologies, not add-ons to older games (Sims 4 will be a two-year-old game at this E3). I'm really not sure if there's reason to be upset that my two-year-old game won't have an add-on there or that would actually be business as usual.

(Also, isn't E3 falling late in this quarter? If Maxis can't announce add-ons anymore during an earlier quarter, then E3 wouldn't be much use to them for that. I know they did the mini-announce for GT in an earlier quarter than it was released, but I've been wondering if that wasn't when the quarterly crackdown started.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    EP 3 will not be ready until Sept/Oct so there is nothing else to show off there
    It will be the only EP in 2016 for the sims!
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    It is sad for me to know that there is a chance to be only an expansion this year. A lot of people are unhappy and unmotivated, and is extremely weird to see the announcement of the first expansion of the year being made at Gamescom, as usual would be the announcement of the second.

The Gamepack is replacing the 2nd Expansion.

And you know this how?

--T

Very likely with the EP not being announced at EA Play that means an August Announcement at Gamescom which would most likely put EP3 as a November Release.

Gamepack 3 will probably be releasing in 3 weeks and it s going to be almost as big as an expansion pack hence it will come close to satisfying as an expansion.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    So maybe one EP this year or two very tiny EPs that should've just been GPs? Meh, as long as the restaurant GP is good I don't mind what happens for the rest of the year otherwise I'm dropping TS4 entirely. It was a awful joke they pulled with GTW and now they have this last chance here with the new GP (since we know toddlers are a no no obviously).

Whelp back to TS2 and TS3!
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    PSIPSI Posts: 55 Member
    @catloverplayer
    > Very likely with the EP not being announced at EA Play that means an August Announcement at Gamescom which would most likely put EP3 as a November Release.
    >
    > Gamepack 3 will probably be releasing in 3 weeks and it s going to be almost as big as an expansion pack hence it will come close to satisfying as an expansion.

Yes, but game packs are not supposed to be as big as an EP or as satisfying, but a completely separate thing!!! Which should not be another excuse for EA to be like ''now that we're releasing GPs ,as well, we'll only try and release 1EP a year and annoy you with a bunch of SPs'' . Seriously. And we'll see how big it is, since that trailer does not suggest anything about the amount of content we'll get, so.
  • Options
    CoffeeBeanPopcornCoffeeBeanPopcorn Posts: 1,587 Member
    I think they're doing this on purpose. They want to plum us to thinking they gave up on TS4, but they're just not doing anything and just wait and release a probably half-baked EP. Seriously, this community is so thirsty to get new content that they would get an EP with only a new plant available for 1259x the price of a regular one.

I love The Sims 4, but I think this pack drought- it's too much. For stuff packs- sure, I can live without them, but GPs and EPs, they add new gameplay that expands the game itself. Whose idea was it to make Rachel head of Maxis?
    I'm back!
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    It is sad for me to know that there is a chance to be only an expansion this year. A lot of people are unhappy and unmotivated, and is extremely weird to see the announcement of the first expansion of the year being made at Gamescom, as usual would be the announcement of the second.

The Gamepack is replacing the 2nd Expansion.

And you know this how?

--T

Very likely with the EP not being announced at EA Play that means an August Announcement at Gamescom which would most likely put EP3 as a November Release.

Gamepack 3 will probably be releasing in 3 weeks and it s going to be almost as big as an expansion pack hence it will come close to satisfying as an expansion.

Lol, what? How is it going to be almost as big as an expansion? They've not told us anything about it...

Idk, sounds like that's what *you* think will happen.

--T
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    I think they're doing this on purpose. They want to plum us to thinking they gave up on TS4, but they're just not doing anything and just wait and release a probably half-baked EP. Seriously, this community is so thirsty to get new content that they would get an EP with only a new plant available for 1259x the price of a regular one.

I love The Sims 4, but I think this pack drought- it's too much. For stuff packs- sure, I can live without them, but GPs and EPs, they add new gameplay that expands the game itself. Whose idea was it to make Rachel head of Maxis?

Same here. I don't mean to offend anyone but sometimes I just don't understand why people need so much content. I only have GTW and Spa Day and I'm perfectly fine. Sure The Sims without EPs is boring, but for me, that doesn't mean you have to buy everything. And I don't know how many people noticed it but EVERYTHING on Origin costs twice as much as if I walk into a store or order it online (or at least in Hungary). That's why I Spa Day is the only DLC I have bought, (I even went to a store to buy the new worlds for TS3)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top