Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a cheat to up vacation days?

Just curious. My sims only have 3 and I wasn't to give them more.

Comments

• Options
    LotusM12LotusM12 Posts: 113 Member
    The only way I know is to fake call in sick for now? I could be wrong. I'll do a google search for ya :)
    You get what you give. Why not give a little more love? <3
  • Options
    LotusM12LotusM12 Posts: 113 Member
    Hmmmm, yeah I don't think there is a cheat unfortunately. Do you have a YouTube channel by the way? I'm pretty sure I subbed to a name like yours not too long ago?
    You get what you give. Why not give a little more love? <3
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    LotusM12 wrote: »
    Hmmmm, yeah I don't think there is a cheat unfortunately. Do you have a YouTube channel by the way? I'm pretty sure I subbed to a name like yours not too long ago?

Yes Catloverplayer but I don't Upload Videos anymore.
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    That's too bad , just gotta earn them the hard way. My poor Simmies
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Can't Sims with high writing skill write a "sick" note for work? That could probably work for you a few times.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    It would be easy to write a script to add PTO which would never conflict with base content and therefore wouldn't really be a 'mod.' You should post the request in "General Mods Discussion" under "The Sims 4 Modding and Custom Content" if you're interested.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    It would be easy to write a script to add PTO which would never conflict with base content and therefore wouldn't really be a 'mod.' You should post the request in "General Mods Discussion" under "The Sims 4 Modding and Custom Content" if you're interested.

I don't use mods in my game but I think something like this could just as easily be patched in.
  • Options
    MicemSimsMicemSims Posts: 463 Member
    Again, if you are willing to use mods, MC Command Center has an option to set how many vacation days you want.
  • Options

I don't use mods in my game but I think something like this could just as easily be patched in.

It can be done so simply (literally one line of python) that there isn't really a reason to request a patch:

self.pto_commodity_instance.add_value(days)

Don't let the reinstall-happy responders scare you away from scripting. There is no reason to be concerned about conflicts and it isn't 'cheating' in any way.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    arrange the vacation days off with the days off from work and you can get 5 or 6 days off
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    That's what I always do in RL.
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Here's a script for those who are interested:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/s84ly2k99kdpwnw/Sasquatch_-_AddVacation.zip

Usage:

currentsim.addpto 25 - adds 25 days of paid time off for the selected adult or employed teen.
    currentsim.addvacation 25 - adds 25 school vacation days for the selected child or teen.

If the teen is employed then you can use addpto to add vacation days for their job.

You can set any number of days from 0 to 99 or you can use negative values to subtract days.
    Post edited by Forest_Ninja on
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member

Usage:

currentsim.addpto 25 - adds 25 days of paid time off for the selected adult or employed teen.
    currentsim.addvacation 25 - adds 25 school vacation days for the selected child or teen.

If the teen is employed then you can use addpto to add vacation days for their job.

You can set any number of days from 0 to 99 or you can use negative values to subtract days.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I just wanted to say THANK YOU! I have been looking for something like this forever, and it works perfectly!
  • Options
    FamousbunnyFamousbunny Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="Forest_Ninja;c-14810708"]Here's a script for those who are interested:

Usage:

[b]currentsim.addpto 25[/b] - adds 25 days of paid time off for the selected adult or employed teen.
    [b]currentsim.addvacation 25[/b] - adds 25 school vacation days for the selected child or teen.

You can set any number of days from 0 to 99 or you can use negative values to subtract days.[/quote]

I can’t get it to work? What do I do?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,600 Member

Usage:

I can’t get it to work? What do I do?

Hello @Famousbunny
    If you use MC Command Center mod, there is an option to add vacation days.
    The setting is found by clicking on the sim, then clicking MC Command Center -MC Cheats -Career Cheats -Change Vacation Days

The link to the mod is https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com
  • Options
    FamousbunnyFamousbunny Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello @Famousbunny
    The setting is found by clicking on the sim, then clicking MC Command Center -MC Cheats -Career Cheats -Change Vacation Days

[/quote]

Thank you so much!!!!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,600 Member
    Hello @Famousbunny

Thank you so much!!!![/quote]

You’re welcome :)