Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Having problems being stuck in world mode.

This hasn't happened to me before and I had already updated the game. I use no mods or custom content. I went to granite falls to add a tent to a rental site there and then could not get into a house back in Willow creek. I also tried with a house in oasis springs... Same thing happened, it kicked me back to the 4 world screen. I am afraid to go to a game I used 2 days ago, I don't want to corrupt another file. Any suggestions or ideas?

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,614 Member
    edited July 2015
    Hello.
    I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing the issue after updating. I will repost what I wrote in the other thread.

Try coming completely out of the game then starting the game again and see if that helps.

Remove any mods that you have and see if that helps.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try the suggestions in this link.
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/12/loading-a-family-just-reloads-the-map/
    There are a variety of causes of the issue and there are a number of ways to help fix the problem.

Some simmers have found this helped.
    Close down your game
    Start your game and load the faulty save game
    Go to the family you have last played with and go straight to build mode
    Delete any easel/drawing tables including unfinished paintings
    Go back to map view
    Load your family

Another simmer found that the bath and shower from Spa Day was causing an issue so going straight to build mode and removing that may help also.

Also try doing this and see if that helps. Evict your last played household from their home, bulldoze their home, then place another home on the lot. Then put the household back into the home.
    You will lose their home but may be able to keep the save game file.

If that doesn't help, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Start a new game and test to see if the issues have been fixed. Then exit the game. Add back the "options.ini" file, "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
    Don't add back the " saves folder ", but keep that in a safe place. Your game will be working now.
    If you would like to try to recover the save games that are in saves folder , go to your saves folder that is on your desktop, and put one .save file back into the folder, ( not the ones that end in .save.ver ) go to the load button ( the one with the file image) in the main screen in the game, load the game and see if it works. Then take that file out and try another .save file. Every file that works, is a game file that you will be able to keep in the game.
    Don't put the slot_00000001.save file. back into the folder because that is the autosave, and that could be the cause of the issue.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,992 Member
    I am not very tech savy... I don't even know how to put the folders on the desk top.... I might mess something up... That is why I don't use mods or custom content.... I have all the packs, and I haven't put any new showers or spa stuff into the household i coulnt go back to. Although I did have one of my sims update some sinks and toilets. I did add a spa to granite falls and some yoga mats and meditation stools to some of the rentals recently. It won't let me go into other houses with that save file anymore either. Think I will head to bed and try a save a save file I saved a couple days ago and make a new save out of it tomorrow... Just not sure what I should and shouldn't do in a new file.... Thanks Rose... I did look through that tread u posted a little earlier. If u find out anything new let me know... Thanks again! I never experienced this problem before the update... Lol... And I know the update was supposed to fix it ... Lol
  • Options
    Hello.
    Are your sims household in the other save file that you have? It might be best to load the other save file that you have and play that. You will lose your progress over the last couple of days but you will still have your sims, their homes and their relationships /inventories/progress in the world.
    The other option is to start a fresh game file.

• Options
    Yes they are... I think I will make new save files more often till this gets straightened out... Just wish I knew what I was doing to cause it!
  • Options
    SarduchiSarduchi Posts: 208 Member
    I am also seeing this bug again, despite the last patching having "fixed" it temporarily.
  • Options
    Sarduchi wrote: »
    I am also seeing this bug again, despite the last patching having "fixed" it temporarily.

I never even had this problem until after the patch... Lol
  • Options

Hello @Sarduchi.
    Are you experiencing the bug? If you are, try the suggestions that I posted in the above post
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13919634/#Comment_13919634
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Sarduchi wrote: »
    >
    > I am also seeing this bug again, despite the last patching having "fixed" it temporarily.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello Sarduchi.
    > Are you experiencing the bug? If you are, try the suggestions that I posted in the above post
    > <link removed>

None of those steps are applicable. No easel, no spa-day shower, etc. I'm frankly not willing to deal with resetting my game again, since it didn't do anything over the last several weeks. I've spent more time in July messing around with the folders then I have actually being able to play the game. Even if it worked, it's not worth the time and effort.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > I am also seeing this bug again, despite the last patching having "fixed" it temporarily.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello Sarduchi.
    > Are you experiencing the bug? If you are, try the suggestions that I posted in the above post
    >

None of those steps are applicable. No easel, no spa-day shower, etc. I'm frankly not willing to deal with resetting my game again, since it didn't do anything over the last several weeks. I've spent more time in July messing around with the folders then I have actually being able to play the game. Even if it worked, it's not worth the time and effort.

I am sorry that you are continuing to have issues with the game.
    You may be best to start a new game file.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am sorry that you are continuing to have issues with the game.
    > You may be best to start a new game file.

I've done that several times. With this bug, the game is simply not playable. It can happen on day one of a new game, send a Sim off to the library and then that's it, stuck in World Mode. Until it's fixed, I think it's simply time to retire Sims 4.
  • Options
    Aralie3209Aralie3209 Posts: 20 Member
    I didn't have the bug for ages, until I updated today. I had a feeling this would happen when I read the patch notes. It just figures that the update to fix the issue would cause the issue for the people who weren't having it.

When it happened, I was THIS close to tossing the whole computer out the nearest window, lol. In my opinion, this is the worst bug in the history of Sims game bugs. :(
  • Options
    Aralie3209 wrote: »
    I didn't have the bug for ages, until I updated today. I had a feeling this would happen when I read the patch notes. It just figures that the update to fix the issue would cause the issue for the people who weren't having it.

When it happened, I was THIS close to tossing the whole computer out the nearest window, lol. In my opinion, this is the worst bug in the history of Sims game bugs. :(

Hello @Aralie3209. I am sorry that you are now experiencing this issue. Try the suggestions that I posted in this post
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13919634/#Comment_13919634

Also the suggestions in this link
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/12/loading-a-family-just-reloads-the-map/

Or you may decide to start a new save game file.
  • Options
    Aralie3209Aralie3209 Posts: 20 Member
    edited July 2015
    @rosemow I was actually in the process of doing a reset when you replied. :)

It seems to have worked, but I've made an observation. The first few times I had this bug I noticed this as well. It might be unrelated, but it does seem to have correlated with the times I have had the bug.

I had the bug when:
    -My last save prior to updating was on a household lot, rather than the 'manage worlds' screen. Then, after updating and loading up the save, I changed households immediately, rather than loading into the last played one, ignoring the "resume playing BLANK family" prompt. Reset then loading last played household fixed it.
    -I tried to load my last played household first, but selected a sim that was on a hidden lot at the time, which caused the bounce to the world screen. I reset and repaired with no luck. The next patch and then a reset and repair is what finally fixed it for me.
    -I had the issue once again after getting Get to Work, and that was when I tried sending a sim to work from a lot other than their home lot. Again, this occurred right after an update. Reset fixed it.

This time I managed to do both the first and third from the above list, then had the bug. Hmmm.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    For everyone still experiencing this issue, please upload your saves somewhere and post the link in this thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ISSUE-Loading-family-just-loads-Map-again-PLEASE-PATCH-YOUR-GAME/td-p/4672173/

EA is still monitoring that thread and they can fix more bugs causing this issue if they have save games that have it.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    KimsSimsKimsSims Posts: 95 Member
    @crinrict : I know this thread is old, but I just found it and, in case someone else has an issue, I wanted to add: I recently added Spa Day to my game, I also own GTW & OR. Just after I added Spa Day, which was close to the latest update, this bug occurred in my game. I added a massage table to a lot in Granite Falls. Then I went back to the other worlds & this is when I could not get beyond the Manage Worlds screen. I thought it was a Sim I had in the game. I deleted that Sim & the problem persisted, so I tried rolling back saves, resetting folders, repairing game, etc, which only temporarily fixed the issue. I found out too late that the bug spreads very easily. Since I didn't know where the bug was coming from, I ended up deleting every single NPC in the game, and the Granite Falls lot which I had added from the gallery. This left me with just the one home & household I had created within this game where the bug appeared. I deleted all screenshots by this household. I finished by moving the rest of household & home into library & then replanting them in a different world, though not in a new game. NOTE: This Household & home, as well a Sim I subsequently placed into this game file, are now showing in the gallery as containing Custom Content. Other than cas.fulledit mode/MOO/custom music, I use no cc/mods. I had already deleted relevant save files & started off new, otherwise I would follow the link in your post. I've never uploaded saves to a post, & I'm not very computer literate. But my game is working fine now, except for the grow fruit issue & cc icon on gallery uploads. I didn't start a brand new game w/the household/home because I didn't want to have to put down all the lots I had added from the gallery again.
    90ppvq.jpg

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Most of the issue causing this should be solved but it's not a bug as such, it's a symptom. Most saves can be saved but it takes time to investigate.

Next time it happens, just upload the save and PM me the link
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    thank you @crinrict
    90ppvq.jpg

• Options
    Hello @KimsSims .
    With your issue with your sims being classed as having cc, there are other simmers that are having the same issue, of the game saying that their sims have cc on them, although they have never downloaded cc for their game.
    A workaround if you would like to upload your sims to the gallery and want them to be cc free is to start a new game, go to CAS, replace the random sim that is there with your modded cc Sim ( what the game is saying has cc) from your library , and then save the sim to your library again.
    This link on the AHQ EA site refers to this issue. You may like to also press " me too" on that thread.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Sims-uploaded-to-the-gallery-wrongly-marked-as-modded/td-p/5144045
  • Options
    @rosemow Thank You
    90ppvq.jpg