Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

STILL can't take photos!? *tear* :(

When will they fix this problem?? I need to be able to take photos...
"By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"

Comments

• Options
    LBellLBell Posts: 3,511 Member
    What do you mean? Can't you press C in game to capture an image?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello
    Are you unable to take screenshots by pressing the C button?
    If you are having issues, come completely out of the game. Then go back in again and see if that helps.
    Do you have any video programs or screen print programs on your computer? If you have, disable them or remove them and see if that helps. They may be causing issues.
    Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there.
    If the issue still remains, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2016
    Would you be referring to screenshots or in-game GTW camera photos?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Would you be referring to screenshots or in-game GTW camera photos?

This.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    Please be specific. What kinda photos can you not take?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    Oh no..so sorry. Only know realizing I should have been more specific.
    I mean I can't take photos in my game using the phone or a camera.
    I have already stopped and restarted the game like a million times ...I have repaired it..I have checked my mods (I have no CC) more than once...I have created new games more than once...I have tried small, medium and large photos both vertical and horizontal...I don't know what else to do!
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Hello.
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the sims can take photos in that game,
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView" files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated files/ folders with the old files/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder .
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Gee I hope the patch didn't break the phones and cameras.
  • Options

@catloverplayer I've had this problem way over a month now...
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    @MistyLake have you resized your UI by changing the values in the options file?
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    Try resetting your folder like what rosemow said.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Pull out your Mods folder if you haven't already even if you think a mod isn't outdated.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello.
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the sims can take photos in that game,
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView" files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated files/ folders with the old files/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder .

This :) since you use mods it's important whenever you run into a game glitch to run a test game with only new files to confirm it is not game data corruption. My guess is you have some type of corruption in your game files.
  • Options
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

Yes. This is the one and only thing I can think of that might be causing the problem.
    What was the original size? I'm not 100% sure I remember the right value...
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    MistyLake wrote: »
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

Yes. This is the one and only thing I can think of that might be causing the problem.
    What was the original size? I'm not 100% sure I remember the right value...
    You can just pull out the options.ini file to reset
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    @MistyLake

I think 100 is the default size. but like @ceejay402 said, you can just reset the file. fyi, painting by ref will also be 'faulty' if you have changed the default size of the UI in the options file as can be emotional auras from paintings too. :)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Ok tried it today with the phone and it took me 3 tries. The first two tries the interaction cancelled out so there does seem to be an issue with the phone. The camera had no issues.

Edit
    Oh I have no mods or cc in my game so this is most likely a bug.
  • Options
    MistyLake wrote: »

@catloverplayer I've had this problem way over a month now...

Well then it could have been from the March or February Patch.
  • Options
    Jazmyne4u2Jazmyne4u2 Posts: 158 Member
    Yesterday I had a problem with my sim taking photos with the camera but it happened after I had taken a bunch. What happened was I couldn't exit the camera mode and I couldn't change any of the camera settings. It was stuck but not frozen. I could still highlight over buttons and such, I just couldn't do anything. However, after I force quit my game and deleted cleared my cache folder and that one file you're allowed to delete (forget the name of it) The whole camera situation was back to normal again. I was actually very upset because I had to force quit, could not save, and therefore had to replay a lot of crap. I was upset, but I managed haha.

Also, I've never had a problem like that before so it was weird and it just went away. And I do have a little bit of mods in my game and I didn't remove any so idk what the problem was. I do hope your problem gets fixed though!
  • Options
    Jazmyne4u2 wrote: »
    Yesterday I had a problem with my sim taking photos with the camera but it happened after I had taken a bunch. What happened was I couldn't exit the camera mode and I couldn't change any of the camera settings. It was stuck but not frozen. I could still highlight over buttons and such, I just couldn't do anything. However, after I force quit my game and deleted cleared my cache folder and that one file you're allowed to delete (forget the name of it) The whole camera situation was back to normal again. I was actually very upset because I had to force quit, could not save, and therefore had to replay a lot of crap. I was upset, but I managed haha.

Also, I've never had a problem like that before so it was weird and it just went away. And I do have a little bit of mods in my game and I didn't remove any so idk what the problem was. I do hope your problem gets fixed though!

Hello @Jazmyne4u2 .
    I am sorry that you had the issue, and lost your game progress . I am glad though that the camera and photo taking issues were resolved after you quit, deleted the cache files and went back into the game.
  • Options
    When I took pics with the phone of two sims I noticed the picture size was large which is good cause with phones you can't adjust the picture size.