Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

a question for simguru drake

Comments

• Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    @friendlysimmers I don't know why you've made this thread. Simgurudrake is the community manager. Why do you think she'd know if laundry is going to be making a return when she is not a producer and does not actually work on developing the game?

We all know they cannot talk about future content. They haven't even told us if toddlers are being worked on or if they will ever actually return to the game. So they certainly are not going to be able to tell you if laundry is coming or not.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    @friendlysimmers I don't know why you've made this thread. Simgurudrake is the community manager. Why do you think she'd know if laundry is going to be making a return when she is not a producer and does not actually work on developing the game?

We all know they cannot talk about future content. They haven't even told us if toddlers are being worked on or if they will ever actually return to the game. So they certainly are not going to be able to tell you if laundry is coming or not.

i know that i am only asking a question did you not read the title of my topic
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited April 2016

i know that i am only asking a question did you not read the title of my topic

Yes, a question you know they cannot answer ...

I'd love for laundry to return too as well as too many features to mention.

I wouldn't waste your time trying to get any answers from the Gurus because they tell us nothing. We will only know when a loved feature is returning when it is ready for release.

Personally, I'm following the mindset that many features from previous games may never return. I'm waiting for them to pleasantly surprise me by adding content I'd like.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    How about a dry cleaners? You could take your laundry in and get a text the next day or so saying it's ready. They could lose your laundry or burn it steam ironing it, or give it to someone else, the spot could have gotten bigger instead of being cleaned. All kinds of possibilities. You could own and run it with sewing skills for repair, dying skills for redoing it, or improve handy skill when the round-about breaks down.
  • Options
    bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member

Here is another ray of sunshine
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I don't think laundry is a huge deal but they might add it eventually.
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    I would love to have washers and dryers along with laundromats back.

You are not the only one, I think that it is crazy that they can't not or wont give them to us. We begged forever when they finally gave them to us in sim3. Why not sims 4 I thought is was so wonderfully improved?? Guess not.
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    Darkslayer wrote: »
    jude72pla wrote: »
    Hello @SimGuruDrake ,

i have a small question will the option to do laundry ever make a return to the sims4 since it was a feature that made me happy when that was added in the sims3 ambition it also made my sims homes more complete sure i can download some as custom content but its not like having the option or see my sims picking up the dirty laundry to put them in the laundry hamper, and then picking up the full laundry hamper to start a load in the washer? and would be happy to know if that feature will make a come back in the sims4.

Thank you

I would love it if they were in a game pack with other household items:
    - lawn mowers (new to the Sims)
    - vacuums (new to the Sims)
    - sprinklers
    - garbage disposals
    - food processors
    - leaf blowers (new to the Sims)
    - snow blowers (new to the Sims)
    - juicer
    - hot plates for the very poor sim or the sim that wants to live in a tiny home
    - double ovens or wall ovens

This! I know it isn't everybody's cup of tea but I would love for there to be more mundane day to day activities for the sims to do.

On top of what you suggested it would be fantastic if neat sims to go on mad dusting sprees throughout their houses and if every so often you had to send your sim out with their little squeegee thing and a ladder to go and clean the windows (or you could hire a window cleaner to do it for you).

Bonus points if the latter comes with a potential new death - provided that wouldn't be a bit too dark for most people.

Edit: Heck! If we had dust then maybe we could also start to introduce allergies. Like when / if seasons ever becomes a thing certain sims could get hayfever while others have an allergy to dust mites etc.

for a - juicer I got mine at mode the sims. I love it!
  • Options
    I'll add my 2 cents. Back in TS2 and TS3 (before laundry was added) I would groan when someone brought it up. Why would I want another tedious chore for my sims?

Then they added laundry and I found I loved it! It didn't take much time and the moodlets it provided were a nice boost. Add to that the fact that if you didn't place a hamper or washer on your lot you could skip it all together. I have found I miss it a lot and I'd love to see it return.

Agreed! I loved it and I always prefer when they give you an option. I really liked it and I would love for them to add it back. I'd also like them to be able to make their beds again as well. Little chore things -- even though they don't sound too fun, I enjoy having them.

I agree with you , and if you didn't do the laundry or make your bed it gave the maid something to do.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    YungGigi wrote: »
    Responses in this thread from everyone but the person you addressed. Hilarious

So hilarious... it's killin me. :|
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    WaterHornetWaterHornet Posts: 352 Member
    Geeze...the people who don't like certain game interactions are quick to pull the "IT'S NOT FUN, IT'S BORING, I DON'T WANT IT!" line really quick. The nice thing about The Sims games was we were given options. Don't like the idea of having your Sims do the wash? Don't put any laundry options in the world. Simple. Here, and probably because the company decided to focus on this sort of...mentality...The Sims 4 shoves everything down your throat and everything has to be flashy and with lots of bells and whistles. I don't appreciate the game shoving me into directions I don't want to go in. I don't like how almost everything is "gameified" and I have to follow a list of interactions (which aren't all that interesting anyway, seeing how traits don't seem to have any deep impact on how Sims behave. I saw one too many Sim go on happily with life even though their soul mate dropped dead in front of them) in order to be "successful". But what's most telling here is that the community is, once again, overtly ignored. Can they make it any more obvious? It wouldn't kill a staff member to pop in and write three sentences...
  • Options
    ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    Geeze...the people who don't like certain game interactions are quick to pull the "IT'S NOT FUN, IT'S BORING, I DON'T WANT IT!" line really quick. The nice thing about The Sims games was we were given options. Don't like the idea of having your Sims do the wash? Don't put any laundry options in the world. Simple. Here, and probably because the company decided to focus on this sort of...mentality...The Sims 4 shoves everything down your throat and everything has to be flashy and with lots of bells and whistles. I don't appreciate the game shoving me into directions I don't want to go in. I don't like how almost everything is "gameified" and I have to follow a list of interactions (which aren't all that interesting anyway, seeing how traits don't seem to have any deep impact on how Sims behave. I saw one too many Sim go on happily with life even though their soul mate dropped dead in front of them) in order to be "successful". But what's most telling here is that the community is, once again, overtly ignored. Can they make it any more obvious? It wouldn't kill a staff member to pop in and write three sentences...

I haven't seen anyone in this thread saying it's boring or they do not want laundry to make a return. In fact almost all responses were saying how much they'd like to see it return. Those that didn't said they wouldn't mind it returning. Unless you said this because of my reply in which case you should read the whole post as my first part wasn't serious. They haven't decided anything based on any "mentality" that you thought was going on here.
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    jude72pla wrote: »
    I would love it if they were in a game pack with other household items:
    - lawn mowers (new to the Sims)
    - vacuums (new to the Sims)
    - sprinklers
    - garbage disposals
    - food processors
    - leaf blowers (new to the Sims)
    - snow blowers (new to the Sims)
    - juicer
    - hot plates for the very poor sim or the sim that wants to live in a tiny home
    - double ovens or wall ovens
    I'm a bit tired (& off to bed soon), so please excuse me if I am mistaken, but there IS a vacuum in a version of the Sims that I own.
    Perhaps it's a version from Sims 2 console?
    (I own all kinds of Sims games, from GBA, to GameCube, Wii, all PC versions, etc, so it's hard to remember it all. I do remember when my kids were young, playing multiplayer version on console...so many laughs..I miss those days. :'( )
    Sims 3 had sprinklers...it was quite funny how they played in it. :*
    Food processors look kinda familiar, but can't remember if it was console...
    (maybe if I stand on head I'll remember more.. ;) )

As for original thread topic, I would love washing machines again. <3
    And, maybe I'm weird, but I used to love building/decorating laundry-mats in Sims 3. o:)
  • Options
    blugar44blugar44 Posts: 229 Member
    I agree, I love doing laundry in the Sims. I guess it's for the same reason I love to let my Sims nap on a recliner while its storming outside (this is, of course, TS3 :neutral: for now), it just adds to the immersion.
    Sure, I love the fantasy & 'gameified' options too but sometimes its nice just to play with a bit of mundane realism for the sake of having a Sim be comfy which in turn... makes me feel comfy too.
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member

Wait, these gurus don't actually work on the game? They're just customer service? Is that what I'm hearing?!?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    That is correct @YungGigi, Drake, Bethel and a few others like BChick are not game developers but regular people who may or may not have played a Sims' game. But I suppose they all have played at least one of them or tried them.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Wait, these gurus don't actually work on the game? They're just customer service? Is that what I'm hearing?!?

Every gaming company employs people who don't work on the game. Community managers interact with the community in a variety of ways and act as the "voice" of the community internally. They also, in most community management positions, at least, do a lot of representing the team to other parts of the company. They're a kind of diplomat + go-between, with a few different mandates, none of which is game design or development. But they make it easier for designers and developers to focus on their jobs while still understanding what people are doing with their product and what those people want. (A friend of mine was a community manager for a few years - I learned a lot about what the job is behind the scenes from her. A lot of the job is behind the scenes - community managers really can't spend their whole workday answering our questions, even if sometimes they'd like to.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Is this community manager position new? Because I don't recall that ever being discussed on TS3. Hydra was the moderator of the TS3 I didn't know she was supposed to be reporting back to gurus what players wanted etc. I think Hydra did work on TS2 and build some objects or something I can't remember but I thought web gurus were moderators wasn't aware of the community manager.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ThePoeticPreacherThePoeticPreacher Posts: 531 Member

Every gaming company employs people who don't work on the game. Community managers interact with the community in a variety of ways and act as the "voice" of the community internally. They also, in most community management positions, at least, do a lot of representing the team to other parts of the company. They're a kind of diplomat + go-between, with a few different mandates, none of which is game design or development. But they make it easier for designers and developers to focus on their jobs while still understanding what people are doing with their product and what those people want. (A friend of mine was a community manager for a few years - I learned a lot about what the job is behind the scenes from her. A lot of the job is behind the scenes - community managers really can't spend their whole workday answering our questions, even if sometimes they'd like to.)

good to know...thanks for letting us know...
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I'd love laundry to make a return and also the laundry mat, where sims not only can get their clothes washed but possibly meet other single sims. Complete with vending machines and even an arcade game to bide your time while waiting for clothes to dry.

For sims 4 they could add the addition of a clothes line too. Kids could hide behind the sheets and stuff and it could give nature lovers a special buff when they dry their clothes that way.
  • Options
    Yeah, I would like to see 'wind' in this game eventually. Wind that moves the sheets and blows them off the line onto the top of my Sim's head. I wish this game had a physics engine (is that what it's called) you know where they fall down stairs, jump fences, etc.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    thank you @SimGuruDrake
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    edited April 2016
    Lol to put what the "guru" just said in layman's terms, I have a scenario. If I go outside right now and start a lemonade stand, I can put on my resume that I was an entrepreneur, and engaged "customers" to find their likes and dislikes and inquire on what flavors they'd like to see... then I'd go inside and send an email to the person who actually has a say and does that job.

In other words you can say whatever titles you want but at the end of the day, it's a lemonade stand no matter how you dress it up with "communication" and "marketing". You work on a Web forum in customer service, not tech support, not game development, customer service. The end.

Lol this turn of events was my laugh for the day.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Lol to put what the "guru" just said in layman's terms, I have a scenario. If I go outside right now and start a lemonade stand, I can put on my resume that I was an entrepreneur, and engaged "customers" to find their likes and dislikes and inquire on what flavors they'd like to see... then I'd go inside and send an email to the person who actually has a say and does that job.

In other words you can say whatever titles you want but at the end of the day, it's a lemonade stand no matter how you dress it up with "communication" and "marketing". You work on a Web forum in customer service, not tech support, not game development, customer service. The end.

Lol this turn of events was my laugh for the day.

The job really is a lot more complex than just passing messages along. A lot.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.