Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hope we get more then just restaurants

I want them to come with new romance and dating options especially tables and it would be cool if we get the photobooth back for those romantic pics and woohoo.

I also hope it comes with a chemistry and attraction feature.

Comments

• Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I agree. We also need slow dancing back and the option to build various types of restaurants.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    naughtygwennynaughtygwenny Posts: 171 Member
    I wish they would add apartments or something with the restaurants but it might be too much to ask with just a GP.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I don't want my sims to be eating on a table that someone has just woohoo'd on.......The romantic part yes, but if the focus is restaurants I don't think that an extra woohoo spot is necessary. We have plenty already, we don't need new woohoo spots with every release.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    edited April 2016
    I'm sure there will be some new animations and the like added, although not on the grand scale of an EP obviously. I'm just hoping that should the waiters be NPCs, that they will sit my sims at a table together. Was trying that in my copy of Sims Life Stories and the darn guy always had my two separated. What were you expecting them to do, Mr. Waiter?...lol.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    Lol I never thought about sims woohooin'g on a dinner table :D ha,ha, but I agree...don't think we need more woohoo right now, but cute romance flirting at the table would be neat.
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited April 2016
    I have to check, but I think that the table and chairs that are in the new restaurant teaser might be new.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Yeah I really want more cute romantic socials before more places to woohoo.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yeah, you can build a hotel like restaurant and add a hot tub and pretend your Sims are at a hotel eating, (since they can sleep on lots) and woohoo there, please, no table woohoo. lol Though my Sims only woohoo these days to have kids. Since they can't remember they ever woohooed anyway and with who/whom, it's pointless.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    RorosimsRorosims Posts: 51 Member
    Yes. Special romance interactions during meals would be great. And pleeeease give us slow dancing. I want that so bad it hurts. But, if it's just going to be restaurants, I hope that the pack at least lets player sims own the restaurants. I was almost certain that when they do release the restaurant pack the venues would be ownable, since the gurus did tease about "leveling up the cooking skill". There would be little point in learning to cook if the pack doesn't actually let our sims become employed as ACTIVE chefs. But after watching the "seasonal trailer" I'm not so positive anymore, seeing as the game pack teaser part is entirely focused on the customer side of things with no indication of "restaurant management" related gameplay.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I'm totally down with romantic social interactions being a part of this pack. I hope they do this too, Cat!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited April 2016
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I don't want my sims to be eating on a table that someone has just woohoo'd on.......The romantic part yes, but if the focus is restaurants I don't think that an extra woohoo spot is necessary. We have plenty already, we don't need new woohoo spots with every release.

I didnt mention a table for woohoo I said the photobooth for the woohoo location.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Cat, it's about restaurants solely the photo booth is very likely not coming not to mention it's not even related to it. TBH the booth could have come with GT it would make perfect sense.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    :D Okay I just thought of something. I doubt it would come in this pack, but hey ya never know: A trait similar to 'prude'. If it gets censored, basically a trait that would allow us to set up our own Mrs. Crumplebottoms. :D As restaurants are public and most are expected to act straight-laced, maybe said sims act out against any displays of affections. That's the only way I can see it connected. Really would like more romantic gestures like everyone, but I think that would be a fun opposite as well.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    Yes!!! Mrs. Crumplebottoms!! I miss her, we need her back!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2016

True that. But since the dating system doesn't work as before not sure what her purpose would be.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

True that. But since the dating system doesn't work as before not sure what her porpuse would be.

That's why I said to put the trait in as opposed to an NPC. Like with hot-heads and mean sims possibly randomly fighting someone, a sim with the Prude trait could come up to a couple and give a stern talking should they be lovey-dovey. Doubt there would be any purse hitting, but would give the added challenge to any PDA, date or not. :D
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options

True that. But since the dating system doesn't work as before not sure what her porpuse would be.

That's why I said to put the trait in as opposed to an NPC. Like with hot-heads and mean sims possibly randomly fighting someone, a sim with the Prude trait could come up to a couple and give a stern talking should they be lovey-dovey. Doubt there would be any purse hitting, but would give the added challenge to any PDA, date or not. :D
    I always thought that that's what the mean trait was for. :/

• Options
    edited April 2016
    sunman502 wrote: »

True, although you don't necessarily have to be mean to be prude. Mean sims enjoy being mean, but a prude sim might get an angry moodlet from what they're seeing, then become happy when things look 'civilized'. Some gestures could be shared, although they're more tied in with emotion as opposed to the traits.

ADDED: Don't forget that some traits compliment each other too, which is why some sometimes get mixed up, such as mean and evil. They go very well together, but they do have different emotions and moodlets attached to them.

Mean and Prude would definitely be complimentary, as would snob. I never really encountered Mrs. Crumplebottom, but would it be safe to assume that she could possibly be Mean, Prude (If it were to exist) and a Snob?
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    I had a Sim chase Mrs. Crumplebottoms until she finally agreed to go on a date. I had them kiss and then she smacked him her purse!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »

True, although you don't necessarily have to be mean to be prude. Mean sims enjoy being mean, but a prude sim might get an angry moodlet from what they're seeing, then become happy when things look 'civilized'. Some gestures could be shared, although they're more tied in with emotion as opposed to the traits.

ADDED: Don't forget that some traits compliment each other too, which is why some sometimes get mixed up, such as mean and evil. They go very well together, but they do have different emotions and moodlets attached to them.

Mean and Prude would definitely be complimentary, as would snob. I never really encountered Mrs. Crumplebottom, but would it be safe to assume that she could possibly be Mean, Prude (If it were to exist) and a Snob?
    That makes sense, and yes some traits do go well with others. And others they don't, like good and evil wouldn't go well together since they are opposites.
    I have ran into Agnes Crumplebottom, and her three sisters on more than one occasion in Sims 3. Agnes seemed to be more snobbish to me, like the Altos, and Landgraabs were. But Agnes's three sisters didn't seemed to be snobbish, but they would be mean to player-controlled sim for no reason at all at the drop of a hat.

• Options
    Actually, unless you probably cheat or break something in the game, Good and evil can't be added to a sim at all because of conflicts. Doesn't mean all negatives and positives pair up all the time though. I have a sim married to a sim who is good, cheerful and hates kids. :D
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member

Oh yeah she was fun, but I didn't like that she was *so* annoying. I still get aggravated with it 12 years later lol -- like one freak out on a Sim per hour is enough! She does it every time you do it. They didn't listen the first time, why what you think they were gonna continue to listen??