Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are toddlers coming in the new spring pack?

Comments

• Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    Well Madiris just made me lie lol they responded a little quicker than I did, one person just said they weren't returning o:)
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Well, the title was a bit misleading, but I don't think toddlers won't be coming back for awhile, or they're suddenly going to announce them out of the blue. Really does depend on what they're planning.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    edited April 2016
    -content removed-

We have been repeatedly told they are not working on toddlers right now. They are not coming any time soon. And yet the forums are flooded with topics like these, and people 'believing in their hearts' that we will get toddlers for mother's day. People are scouring every inch of everything for hidden meanings and hints.

Why should the gurus share information with us at all if we are all going to just ignore it anyway?
    Post edited by SimStaffBethelle on
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    xooemily wrote: »
    It's a $10 GP, they would make us pay a lot more for a whole new generations because they're really greedy with money for TS4.

*SP, GP means Game Pack which is what the restaurant DLC is and they go for $20. SP is Stuff Pack which go for $10 and offer little content with one or two small gameplay objects. There has never been a life stage in a Stuff Pack (yet). The only reason SP's are cheaper compared to TS3's is because they offer less content and they now have GP's as well.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    ChambersNChambersN Posts: 227 Member
    How is this thread misleading ? In caps of course, but she asked a legit question for this forum..Now iif she said toddlers are coming in the spring pack. Then that's misleading . she asked..are with a question mark is in fact a question
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    No. And SP's din't have that much gameplay.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    Can we please not do this again?
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I checked out the photo. I don't think it's a hint.
    All I see are two children holding hands (if you're referring to the icon that's there), which seems quite fitting for a kids Stuff Pack.
  • Options
    SkosalgSkosalg Posts: 165 Member
    Please stop asking about toddlers. Not everyone wants toddlers, and they already said that it wont be included this spring/summer. If they include it later, so be it, but personally I would much rather see pets or seasons. I dont think anyone gains anything from having five threads about the same topic at the same time in the forum.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Skosalg Well said :smile:

Although I can understand that players want toddlers in their game, for the time being toddlers are not coming.

Not today, not tomorrow and maybe not until next year, at the earliest!

Oh, and welcome to the forums :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SkosalgSkosalg Posts: 165 Member
    > @king_of_simcity7 said:
    > @Skosalg Well said :smile:
    >
    > Although I can understand that players want toddlers in their game, for the time being toddlers are not coming.
    >
    > Not today, not tomorrow and maybe not until next year, at the earliest!
    >
    > Oh, and welcome to the forums :smile:

Thank you :)
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    All I saw was the icon for the stuff pack. People try to look in between the lines too much.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    xooemily wrote: »
    It's a $10 GP, they would make us pay a lot more for a whole new generations because they're really greedy with money for TS4.

It costs a total of $7400 to buy everything in the Sims 3 store, not including the packs or base game. And that was in 5 years time. In the past year and a half it only costs $240 to buy everything currently released. I fail to see how they are being greedy this time around.
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    Read on simsvip that the sims latm said "no toddler's or pets right now". Not saying they won't be back, but it's best to take it with a grain of salt...so far the hope train for me on toddler's returning has left a long time ago...
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    The only hints I saw is a waiter taking your food order, the Tragic Clown, the monster under the bed and more play items for children.

Please. Stop.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »

It costs a total of $7400 to buy everything in the Sims 3 store, not including the packs or base game. And that was in 5 years time. In the past year and a half it only costs $240 to buy everything currently released. I fail to see how they are being greedy this time around.

I own the entire Sims 3 Store, and gifted quite a lot, later.
    However, I did NOT spend anywhere near that number.
    Sales, events, etc...made the most of things.
    One does not need to throw that much money around to own it all.
    Just patience, timing, and good math... B)

I DO think the cost of the items, now, in the pks, are better than the S3 Store costs (which is why I waited for most items to be a bargain before).
    But, it IS a bit of an issue now if one only wanted only an item or two, (not the rest of it) and had to pay for the entire pk to get it...
    And that is how "I feel" about it, which is neither a "right or wrong", just an opinion from my perspective.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »

I own the entire Sims 3 Store, and gifted quite a lot, later.
    However, I did NOT spend anywhere near that number.
    Sales, events, etc...made the most of things.
    One does not need to throw that much money around to own it all.
    Just patience, timing, and good math... B)

I DO think the cost of the items, now, in the pks, are better than the S3 Store costs (which is why I waited for most items to be a bargain before).
    But, it IS a bit of an issue now if one only wanted only an item or two, (not the rest of it) and had to pay for the entire pk to get it...
    And that is how "I feel" about it, which is neither a "right or wrong", just an opinion from my perspective.

I also got a ton of stuff for free from the store using the free points you got from watching videos. You didn't even need to watch them, I just ran them in the background of whatever I was doing. You could watch 5 a day for 25 points (IIRC), and some weekends they let you watch as many as you wanted and I just racked up the points. I doubt I spent more than $50 or so in real money at the store.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    JayytaughtyouJayytaughtyou Posts: 90 Member
    If they make children and teens more interesting I wouldn't be so upset about not having toddlers.
  • Options
    lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    I thought the Spanish EA Facebook page leaked that there would be restaurants (strongly hinted), never seen before content but also mentioned that toddlers were not in the works...so as they were right about the restaurants, I'm inclined to believe that they are right about the toddlers also.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »
    I also got a ton of stuff for free from the store using the free points you got from watching videos. You didn't even need to watch them, I just ran them in the background of whatever I was doing. You could watch 5 a day for 25 points (IIRC), and some weekends they let you watch as many as you wanted and I just racked up the points. I doubt I spent more than $50 or so in real money at the store.
    Sadly, I spent much more than that, just not that other number quoted.
    (I got pulled in a lot by those goodie boxes that actually messed up and gave me a lot of duplicates.) :'(
    And to be thankful for those that gifted me, I , with help from my family members, gifted around $300 of stuff to others.
    (My family no longer helps me gift others. They think I am insane for still playing Sims, since they don't, anymore. I am the last one left in my house that still plays Sims, since my daughter only plays a little, every few months, and she wants nothing to do with anything except Sims 2. It gets lonely, lol...) :s
  • Options
    NiniNini Posts: 309 Member
    I think every time an EA employee sees the word toddler, they get massively triggered lol!

Although I personally tended to age my toddlers up asap, I hope they come soon for the sake of everyone who wants them.
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    "smacks head into desk* It's okay, I'm fine!
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited April 2016
    Piperbird wrote: »
    Nope. I saw nothing hinting at toddlers. Do not look for hints. Either we will not get toddlers (so there will be no hints), or we will get toddlers, and they will tell us.

Actually, @SimGuruDrake said recently in another thread that they did include easter eggs in the new video for some upcoming free stuff that will be patched in. That said, I doubt they'll put toddlers in a hint like that. I expect they'll be shouting it from the rooftops when they get the little buggers ready to add to the game.

ETA: To add the link to her comment: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14756130/#Comment_14756130
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Nini wrote: »
    I think every time an EA employee sees the word toddler, they get massively triggered lol!

Although I personally tended to age my toddlers up asap, I hope they come soon for the sake of everyone who wants them.

I'm not even an employee and I think I'm getting triggered. It's just so many topics for so long now >_<
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    Too all the people saying "just stop": I'm curious as to why you came to this thread. There isn't any mistaking the subject that the OP wants to discuss. Saying "just stop" isn't nice. I never have, and never will, understand why people get so riled up about multiple threads regarding the same subject. Honestly, if you don't want to read another thread about toddlers, simply go on to the next topic. YOU have the power. B)