Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you purchase world packs?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    CharlieGothCharlieGoth Posts: 192 Member
    Of course! All of the worlds until now have been top-notch (not sure about Newcrest, though, since is literally Willow Creek's little brother) But I would buy them if they keep consistent the level of detail of the worlds. It's an interesting idea, and it'd be cool if they'd come with new objects and CAS items, and premade families.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    depending on the quality. If its a good quality world with something premium like The sims 3 words were, yes.
  • Options
    riccardougariccardouga Posts: 436 Member
    edited April 2016
    With all honesty, I think that's a desperate idea to make the game feel less empty :confused: Anyway, Outdoor Retreat came with a small vacation world and was in a game pack. GTW also came with a even more smaller "world" and was in an expansion pack. They should make a new type of pack, called "world pack" for example, which would cost around $30. At least they can make a good compromise between a game pack and an expansion pack :smile:
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    It depends on what comes with them and the price point. I enjoyed Lucky Palms, but didn't bother with the others.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    aleeeexxxpaleeeexxxp Posts: 159 Member
    I would love world packs!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,896 Member
    Probably. I'm still trying to fill up Newcrest so it would depend on what else was included. I purchased all the Sims 3 gold bundle worlds for the additional premium content but never actually played in any the worlds.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I would since I love a variety of themes and my sims can actually visit and live in any one of them. I'd want most of the world filled with residential or venue lots. Quality worlds, content and etc.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited April 2016
    No. Worlds should always be included in each EP and GP. I'm not going to pay for more space, when that problem in itself is caused by limitations of the base game.

Seeing world packs come out would cause a backlash among the community, given they've reverted to the closed world, and it'd just bring about more bad publicity for the game. I know I'd be disgusted enough to drop TS4 if I saw them come out.
  • Options
    skyesterskyester Posts: 43 Member
    Really depends on the world and what comes with it.
  • Options
    iheartsimsforeveiheartsimsforeve Posts: 82 Member
    Yeah, I would.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited April 2016
    I would. I bought all the worlds for TS3 and always enjoyed them. Though this time around I would be more picky. It would have to be a truly unique theme like a Medieval World (where all the roads are dirt or cobblestone and castles abounded), a sim colony on the alien planet Sixam (with total alien architecture and settings) etc.

I've gotten picky in my old age. I want truly unique niche themes, not just Willow Creek remodeled with a slightly different FX background. Something like Aurora Skies won't do it for me this time around. I would want more unique settings.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I would if it would be something I want. For example, if it would be a world, based off New Orleans, I would not buy it, since we already have Oasis Springs. If that would be something like the world we got with TS3 Island Paradise and Supernatural I would not even hesitate to buy it.
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    Jnyx wrote: »
    I would pay for world packs as long as they came pre-populated. It would be a good way to bring back Sims from previous games (like they did in TS3).

I like the freedom of empty worlds but find it tedious to occupy every time I start a new game.

Just as long as they don't over populate
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I would. I bought all the worlds for TS3 and always enjoyed them. Though this time around I would be more picky. It would have to be a truly unique theme like a Medieval World (where all the roads are dirt or cobblestone and castles abounded), a sim colony on the alien planet Sixam (with total alien architecture and settings) etc.

I've gotten picky in my old age. I want truly unique niche themes, not just Willow Creek remodeled with a slightly different FX background. Something like Aurora Skies won't do it for me this time around. I would want more unique settings.

Yes, I love the idea with the alien world! That would really spicy up the game for me. I would like a world that is very different from the ones we have now, an alien world or living under water in domes or something completely new. A world that is up on high cliffs so you use bridges to get between settlements. Something new and fun, used to seeing very fun and different worlds in my MMO's, would like to see more variation in the Sims as well.