January 21: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!
January 22 - Is everyone ready for the Friday Highlights? Check them out here.
Welcome to all NEW SIMMERS joining us on the Sims forum! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy Ninth Anniversary!

Comments

  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    @HSmith2016 I'm glad you like the gift :) it was fun spending all my SP now :)
    LynzSimmer wrote: »
    LynzSimmer wrote: »
    Well darn, a specialist or something from EA told me the only way to fix my problem with Late Night is to uninstall and reinstall both Origin and The Sims 3 Base game. I just had a big family. :disappointed:

    Ah the friend request on my page was from you :) thanks! Still have to accept it though as I've been busy..

    Anyway, you know you can copy your save games and put them back in your game after reinstalling? I used to put my save games on a USB stick weekly. Now I don't have much time to play, but it works perfectly. I also switch my save games from PC to laptop and back so I can play the same families on both.

    No, I didn't know that. :sweat: I guess I can just make another family, hopefully my game don't freeze in CAS. It didn't last time, hopefully it doesn't this time. I'm on World Adventures installing them, woo. I'm hoping I can get my Store content reinstalled today, and the EP/SP. I did however save my CC, since I didn't have alot.

    You could also put your family on exchange next time to download them for your own if it ever happens again.
    LynzSimmer wrote: »
    Ugh, so the guy told me the best thing to do to fix my problem (I done said this) was to uninstall and reinstall origin and base game.
    I did, now the base game won't launch. :angry:

    Do you have any packs installed? That could give problems with uninstalling and reinstalling everything.
    ZombieMew wrote: »
    @Teanias & @HSmith2016

    Thank you guys. I ended up calling a mental health crisis line and I am to get another call from them later today. One service I could be provided is an employment support service that may help me land the job I need.

    Also, thank you @sjappieloveHans for the gifts. I know a few tricks that will help you earn a lot fo simpoints.

    You're very welcome! They were just some of my favourite items. I know I should check out top fives, but I tend to give gifts I find myself using a lot ;) I hope you will get a job soon! It can be very disheartening indeed not to get anything. I'll keep you in mind!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • LynzSimmerLynzSimmer Posts: 198 Member
    @HSmith2016 I'm glad you like the gift :) it was fun spending all my SP now :)
    LynzSimmer wrote: »
    LynzSimmer wrote: »
    Well darn, a specialist or something from EA told me the only way to fix my problem with Late Night is to uninstall and reinstall both Origin and The Sims 3 Base game. I just had a big family. :disappointed:

    Ah the friend request on my page was from you :) thanks! Still have to accept it though as I've been busy..

    Anyway, you know you can copy your save games and put them back in your game after reinstalling? I used to put my save games on a USB stick weekly. Now I don't have much time to play, but it works perfectly. I also switch my save games from PC to laptop and back so I can play the same families on both.

    No, I didn't know that. :sweat: I guess I can just make another family, hopefully my game don't freeze in CAS. It didn't last time, hopefully it doesn't this time. I'm on World Adventures installing them, woo. I'm hoping I can get my Store content reinstalled today, and the EP/SP. I did however save my CC, since I didn't have alot.

    You could also put your family on exchange next time to download them for your own if it ever happens again.
    LynzSimmer wrote: »
    Ugh, so the guy told me the best thing to do to fix my problem (I done said this) was to uninstall and reinstall origin and base game.
    I did, now the base game won't launch. :angry:

    Do you have any packs installed? That could give problems with uninstalling and reinstalling everything.
    ZombieMew wrote: »
    @Teanias & @HSmith2016

    Thank you guys. I ended up calling a mental health crisis line and I am to get another call from them later today. One service I could be provided is an employment support service that may help me land the job I need.

    Also, thank you @sjappieloveHans for the gifts. I know a few tricks that will help you earn a lot fo simpoints.

    You're very welcome! They were just some of my favourite items. I know I should check out top fives, but I tend to give gifts I find myself using a lot ;) I hope you will get a job soon! It can be very disheartening indeed not to get anything. I'll keep you in mind!

    Yes, I have reinstalled the base game and WA. Now onto Ambitions. Just reinstalling them in order.
    Store Name: ltswiftie13
    Have A Good Day
    Wishlist
    Thank You Page
    Top 5
    Origin ID: LynzSimmer
    Have a good day, and thank you! :)

  • HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    Thanks to @LaineeCheri and her fabulous gift bomb ( :* ) I was able to finally get the Luxury Resort Attire and Sweet Escape Nursery sets!! Thank you very much!

    I am closer now to getting the August 2011 Compilation, so I am going to be working on the Luxe Lounge Spa set. My top 5 has been updated. :)
  • thereesespiecethereesespiece Posts: 614 Member
    HSmith2016 wrote: »
    Thanks to @LaineeCheri and her fabulous gift bomb ( :* ) I was able to finally get the Luxury Resort Attire and Sweet Escape Nursery sets!! Thank you very much!

    I am closer now to getting the August 2011 Compilation, so I am going to be working on the Luxe Lounge Spa set. My top 5 has been updated. :)

    Glad I got to you now my internet is crawling. I was only able to get a couple more ads after that I think that's it for me tonight. I'll try again in a couple hours when everyone goes to bed!
  • LynzSimmerLynzSimmer Posts: 198 Member
    Ugh, I've almost reinstalled all the packs but it won't let me in game? Is that because it's installing a pack?
    Store Name: ltswiftie13
    Have A Good Day
    Wishlist
    Thank You Page
    Top 5
    Origin ID: LynzSimmer
    Have a good day, and thank you! :)

  • HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    LynzSimmer wrote: »
    Ugh, I've almost reinstalled all the packs but it won't let me in game? Is that because it's installing a pack?

    Try posting your question on the Tech forums. They're pretty good at figuring out this kind of thing.
  • LynzSimmerLynzSimmer Posts: 198 Member
    HSmith2016 wrote: »
    LynzSimmer wrote: »
    Ugh, I've almost reinstalled all the packs but it won't let me in game? Is that because it's installing a pack?

    Try posting your question on the Tech forums. They're pretty good at figuring out this kind of thing.

    Okay. :smile:
    Store Name: ltswiftie13
    Have A Good Day
    Wishlist
    Thank You Page
    Top 5
    Origin ID: LynzSimmer
    Have a good day, and thank you! :)

  • p3dromoisesp3dromoises Posts: 113 Member
    edited August 2016
    My Top 5:

    1. The Bowie
    2. Victorian Open Back Top
    3. Timeless three Button Vest
    4. Simply Sophisticated Dress
    5. Simply Sophisticated Collared Dress

    Click on the link on my signature to go to my Wishlist.
    Post edited by p3dromoises on
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Hey @p3dromoises welcome :) good to see we found another DD enthusiastic! I hope you'll have loads of fun on your DD journey and you might find yourself making some very good friends around here ;)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,978 Member
    goodmorining everybody !
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,749 Member
    edited April 2016
    I'm sorry I'm so late, but thank you so very much @Loveandhate @angeljess26 for all the gifts :)

    I'm hoping to get Homecoming on DD soon.
    Top Five updated.
  • LynzSimmerLynzSimmer Posts: 198 Member
    Goodnight everyone, I hope you all have a good night/day.
    I will be gifting as soon as I can buy a outfit I want. I'm close to completing the hipster loft set thing. 18% so, I'll be buying single items from that.
    Store Name: ltswiftie13
    Have A Good Day
    Wishlist
    Thank You Page
    Top 5
    Origin ID: LynzSimmer
    Have a good day, and thank you! :)

  • LynzSimmerLynzSimmer Posts: 198 Member
    Good morning everyone! I hope you all have a safe day! :smile:
    Store Name: ltswiftie13
    Have A Good Day
    Wishlist
    Thank You Page
    Top 5
    Origin ID: LynzSimmer
    Have a good day, and thank you! :)

  • angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,304 Member
    @lasummerb you're welcome
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

    Studio
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,978 Member
    edited April 2016
    hello simmers starting a spanich styled home!
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,978 Member
    goodnight guys i am like 30% done on the home!
  • LynzSimmerLynzSimmer Posts: 198 Member
    Oooh, I really want a top and it's 75 SP but I only have like 16.

    I know I sound lazy but right now I have a bad headache and I don't wanna watch ads.
    Ugh, plus I can't seem to sleep. Idk why..
    Store Name: ltswiftie13
    Have A Good Day
    Wishlist
    Thank You Page
    Top 5
    Origin ID: LynzSimmer
    Have a good day, and thank you! :)

  • LoveandhateLoveandhate Posts: 553 Member
    Sorry I'm a little late, but thank you @tac612 for your gift last night, and another just a little while ago. Top 5 is updated!
    Have a great, blessed day!
    Sims 3 store: ScarlettRing


  • mikawagmikawag Posts: 190 Member
    edited April 2016
    Hi everyone!

    This has nothing to do with the gifting directory but I will probably have to change my computer very soon... I can't play any Sims game anymore... About 15-20 minutes of play, my screen gets black, I have a weird sound, and I have to manually turn off my computer... I thought that I may have a virus or something like that but I tried a few different anti-virus and nothing was found... I also tried to "clean" my computer (like the dust inside it) but I still have this problem... :'(

    So, I was wondering if anyone could advise me a computer (without being too expensive) that could run the Sims without any problems? Especially the Sims 3... I know some people have problems with it and I wouldn't like to buy a computer which have problems playing the game :/
  • tac612tac612 Posts: 453 Member
    Sorry I'm a little late, but thank you @tac612 for your gift last night, and another just a little while ago. Top 5 is updated!

    @Loveandhate you're welcome!! :)
    mikawag wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

    This has nothing to do with the gifting directory but I will probably have to change my computer very soon... I can't play any Sims game anymore... About 15-20 minutes of play, my screen gets black, I have a weird sound, and I have to manually turn off my computer... I thought that I may have a virus or something like that but I tried a few different anti-virus and nothing was found... I also tried to "clean" my computer (like the dust inside it) but I still have this problem... :'(

    So, I was wondering if anyone could advise me a computer (without being too expensive) that could run the Sims without any problems? Especially the Sims 3... I know some people have problems with it and I wouldn't like to buy a computer which have problems playing the game :/

    @mikawag I would recommend posting in the tech discussions... I had to get a new laptop just to play at all... and so far it's been fantastic!! There are two people I can recommend for sure if you're interested!
  • LynzSimmerLynzSimmer Posts: 198 Member
    mikawag wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

    This has nothing to do with the gifting directory but I will probably have to change my computer very soon... I can't play any Sims game anymore... About 15-20 minutes of play, my screen gets black, I have a weird sound, and I have to manually turn off my computer... I thought that I may have a virus or something like that but I tried a few different anti-virus and nothing was found... I also tried to "clean" my computer (like the dust inside it) but I still have this problem... :'(

    So, I was wondering if anyone could advise me a computer (without being too expensive) that could run the Sims without any problems? Especially the Sims 3... I know some people have problems with it and I wouldn't like to buy a computer which have problems playing the game :/

    Not sure, do you have a best buy? A youtuber I watch ran hers on her grandmas laptop.
    I play on a 2015 MacBook most of the crashing issues I face are due to it being too new.
    but if you got an older one it would work, The Sims 3 hates new graphics card.

    Like before I got my new MacBook for like 500 dollars I got a 2008 MacBook and it ran The Sims 3 so amazing.
    I hope you can find something, maybe ask EA.. or check the requirements and search for a computer following those requirements.
    Store Name: ltswiftie13
    Have A Good Day
    Wishlist
    Thank You Page
    Top 5
    Origin ID: LynzSimmer
    Have a good day, and thank you! :)

  • mikawagmikawag Posts: 190 Member
    edited April 2016
    @tac612 I will post it in the tech discussions.. I'm interested, that would be great, thank you! :smile:

    @LynzSimmer What's a best buy? My computer is about 6 years old. My graphics card is a NVDIA GeForce 405 :/
  • Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited April 2016
    @LynzSimmer, I just gifted you all of the individual items on your list. :)

    If you don't mind, could you break down the remaining sets on your list so that it is easier for everyone to help you get the green light on the set? It's not always easy to gift large items for most of us. (Everyday Kids and Level Up). I realize the World of Wonder Carousel Collection isn't available as a CYS item. :)

    Thank you. :)
  • Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,606 Member
    mikawag wrote: »
    @tac612 I will post it in the tech discussions.. I'm interested, that would be great, thank you! :smile:

    @LynzSimmer What's a best buy? My computer is about 6 years old. My graphics card is a NVDIA GeForce 405 :/

    @mikawag, I think she is referring to the electronics store: Best Buy. (Sorry if I misunderstood). :(
  • LoveandhateLoveandhate Posts: 553 Member
    Thank you @Okblondee7 for knocking out a couple on my Top 5, and a couple extras :P Top 5 will again be updated soon
    Have a great, blessed day!
    Sims 3 store: ScarlettRing


Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top