Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues with multi tasking and socializing

Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
Seems to me like after the last patch many things have broken. When my sims eat sometimes they stop eating to talk to people. Also many actions get cancelled and they simply don't do it. It also bothers me that they have to wave at everyone all the time.

Another problem I've noticed is how fast the social need decreases and with all the problems mentioned before its even worse cause it takes forever to make it increase and it doesnt even fully work and you waste and entiere sim day socializing for them to wake up all sad again for the lack of socializing.

Also Get Together added useless group activities when they play fooseball, throw darts and even the activities we had before like playing chess don't increase the social need is like they cant do both. This game lacks a lot of stuff for this multi tasking system that it is now broken

Am i the only one with this issue?

PS: For whom it may concern, please leave this post in general discussions for a while before moving it to bugs. I'm interested in knowing if other simmers have this issue or if its just me and nobody really looks in that section. So please if you move it, move it once we have established if it is or isnt a common bug
21mbz47.jpg

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    omg, No, I'm in the same boat. Every time I play I am screaming at the screen. I don't play on ultra speed and never have so there isn't much that gets by me. About the waving, I noticed a few patches ago I have no idea where my Sims are going (because nothing is in their queue) I'm trying to get them to go do something but they are walking somewhere else only to finally get there and wave at someone (which was never in the queue) etc. Or if they want to talk to someone and we cancel then this doesn't actually work, they keep walking just to wave at the other Sim though it was cancelled.

Some days I think developers do this plum (yes I wrote out plum) on purpose but then I think, no they never play the game two minutes (long enough) to realize their coding is screwed.

The waving bit is driving me nuts. And you can't cancel something that's not in the queue, or if it should appear (talk, hug etc.) and try to cancel they aren't going to listen...just keep going and then wave if you did cancel out hug etc.

I'm repeating it, because I had a thread weeks ago (a few months ago) raving about this very 'feature'. When I tell a Sim to stop I expect it to come to an end, there, then, now. Stop!

It's not these Sims are 'smarter' it's more like omg, why can't these people get this right and make cancel work and or why is there nothing in the queue to let me know where they are going. It's not smarter, actually, it's a mess.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options

Cinebar wrote: »
    omg, No, I'm in the same boat. Every time I play I am screaming at the screen. I don't play on ultra speed and never have so there isn't much that gets by me. About the waving, I noticed a few patches ago I have no idea where my Sims are going (because nothing is in their queue) I'm trying to get them to go do something but they are walking somewhere else only to finally get there and wave at someone (which was never in the queue) etc. Or if they want to talk to someone and we cancel then this doesn't actually work, they keep walking just to wave at the other Sim though it was cancelled.

Some days I think developers do this plum (yes I wrote out plum) on purpose but then I think, no they never play the game two minutes (long enough) to realize their coding is screwed.

The waving bit is driving me nuts. And you can't cancel something that's not in the queue, or if it should appear (talk, hug etc.) and try to cancel they aren't going to listen...just keep going and then wave if you did cancel out hug etc.

I'm repeating it, because I had a thread weeks ago (a few months ago) raving about this very 'feature'. When I tell a Sim to stop I expect it to come to an end, there, then, now. Stop!

It's not these Sims are 'smarter' it's more like omg, why can't these people get this right and make cancel work and or why is there nothing in the queue to let me know where they are going. It's not smarter, actually, it's a mess.

Thank you for reminding me. I have the same issue, they do stuff i don't want them to do and when i cancel it , it takes forever for it work. My sim made lunch and i clicked a chair right away so he would sit there and eat , he was already half way out the door to eat outside and the command i sent was just on top of the list till my sim got to the picnic table outside and THEN went to the chair i initially sent them to...

The waving is also annoying cause after the relationship culling destroyed my friendships ive been trying to get them back. I'm still doing that can you believe it? So sometimes i see some of my old friends walking by and i try to make my sim introduce themselves and they go wave at them and then they say "i think its time for me to go bye" and its as if my sim never approsched them, they waved at them but didnt introduce themselves :/
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Another thing about playing the new darts game. You have to finish the game (if you've read the whim) for it to count. Well, good luck doing that people. But that wasn't the point of this gripe, but if you have two Sims who haven't met play darts it will not introduce them. You have to stop playing or wait 'til it's over then have to do a friendly or rude introduction. These things always bothered me in TS3, like Sims had to be introduced after they played chess. Playing chess didn't make them know each other. I really want an eyeroll emoticon. lol

I noticed this the other day I sent my Sim to a bar I built in WB and had him play darts with one of my other Sims there. Well, they didn't actually, officially meet when playing darts. I had to introduce them afterward. See, this stuff here drives me nuts, because in the course of a game you would expect (in make believe or reality) they would have said hey, my name is such and such and their face appear in the relationship panel as 'met' acquaintance. Annoying.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    i dont experience this tbh but its unfortunate that a lot of ppl do
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options

So your sims can multi task? I mean if you play darts it increases both fun and social needs?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    @Orchid13, I also have the problem it doesn't raise fun or social using some objects in that EP.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited April 2016
    Orchid13 wrote: »

So your sims can multi task? I mean if you play darts it increases both fun and social needs?

Multitasking means doing two directable activities at the same time; it has nothing to do with which needs are raised or lowered. That's not to say that playing darts *with* someone shouldn't increase both those needs - it's just that that's nothing to do with multitasking.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    @Orchid13, I also have the problem it doesn't raise fun or social using some objects in that EP.

Not even fun? I mean in mine it does increase fun, but very slowly. Needs decrease faster than they increase unlesd its the tv or computer :/
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options

Multitasking means doing two directable activities at the same time; it has nothing to do with which needs are raised or lowered. That's not to say that playing darts *with* someone shouldn't increase both those needs - it's just that that's nothing to do with multitasking.

Did you even read the original post? My sims can't talk and eat at the same time. They simply stop eating. They don't play darts and talk thats also a problem with multi tasking

The needs its just an additional problem im discussing with Cinebar.

Please read the original post carefully
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    AshlieBoomAshlieBoom Posts: 143 Member
    This doesn't seem to be a new issue to me, but, whenever I play an active career, it always takes a sim forever to start an action, they just stand around doing nothing for aaaaages and it's SO infuriating!!
  • Options
    AshlieBoom wrote: »
    This doesn't seem to be a new issue to me, but, whenever I play an active career, it always takes a sim forever to start an action, they just stand around doing nothing for aaaaages and it's SO infuriating!!

Its also an issue ive noticed, sometimes the time goes back , but sims stand for hours doing nothing. All these issues are deal breakers
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Yeah I've had sims stand in front of an item for like an hour before finally using it.
    Also if I have multiple sims get food from the fridge at the same time, usually they'll all get clipped in each other and stand in front on the fridge until I tell them to walk away from it.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Yeah I've had sims stand in front of an item for like an hour before finally using it.
    Also if I have multiple sims get food from the fridge at the same time, usually they'll all get clipped in each other and stand in front on the fridge until I tell them to walk away from it.

I feel like we need an emrgency patch for these things. It's really ruining the gameplay
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Yes, lately my sims often stop eating when I tell them to talk to the person next to them. When this happens in bars, their food disappears. Needs fixed asap!
  • Options
    mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    Yes I've had many of these same issues. One of my sims will add something on their own to their queue, I cancel it out and put something else in their queue, and they don't listen to me they do one of two things. They either do what I cancelled or they walk all the way to it just to stop, turn around and follow what I put in their queue. I think I posted this in @Cinebar thread a few weeks ago as well. Sometimes there is nothing in their queue and I watch them wondering where their going and what are they planning to do. Usually another sim has queued to talk to that sim so the sim with nothing in their queue is walking to the sim that queued them.

I have the pause thing going on as well. I will queue my sim to do something and he just stands where he is for one or even two sims hours before doing it. It took me 5 sim hours just to get my sim to wash the dishes also my sims won't use the dishwasher anymore I've repaired my game but they just won't use it. I tried removing all the sinks to see if they would use it and the only option they had for dirty dishes was to throw them away. Ugh
  • Options
    FlyingDarkWingFlyingDarkWing Posts: 111 Member
    I feel like my sims take forever complete the actions just come on eat and talk in sims 2 and speed up the job performances and maybe fix the time as well.
  • Options
    klovesjenklovesjen Posts: 361 Member
    I honestly barely ever make my Sim go anywhere besides to look for crystals/metals etc, because the social system is so chaotic and seems so broken.

I do not like that people barge into your conversation, and it is incredibly tough to keep track of what they are supposed to be talking about and the visuals don't offer enough clues. The animations are so repetitive (like the joke animation, seems like there is one), it ends up looking like a chaotic mess and you cannot even easily "X" people out of a conversation, and i bet even if you could, new people would prob show up anyway and intrude. :(

My sims also sometimes don't respond for a long time and sometimes it seems like if I FF to get through an action, they stand there and dont complete their actions as fast, which kind of defeats the purpose of fast forwarding.

I want this game to work properly so bad. The social system was awesome in Sims 2, the people they wave to or say a quick hi autonomously it seamlessly works with the rest of the game, and is appropriate. They don't run off to wave at someone who is across the neighborhood.
    They look at eachother and don't sit with their backs to eachother or across the room from eachother. :|
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Playing darts is like fishing in that aspect, the sims don't chat and do it at the same time. I'm not having a game issue/bug around that and the fun raises at a pretty good rate. Sorry to read your having issues OP. Have you tried clearing out your cache files?
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Playing darts is like fishing in that aspect, the sims don't chat and do it at the same time. I'm not having a game issue/bug around that and the fun raises at a pretty good rate. Sorry to read your having issues OP. Have you tried clearing out your cache files?

I haven't erased the cache files in a while, which ones am i suppose to erase?

Also did any guru adress these issues when @Cinebar made a thread about it?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    @Orchid13 http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/cache.php
    This guide walks you through deleting cache files :)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    @Orchid13 http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/help/cache.php
    This guide walks you through deleting cache files :)

Thank you!
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    Everytime there is a new patch, my game gets screwed up in someway. I can hardly play like I need to with all the bugs. This is after repairing game and everything. :(
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member

Did you even read the original post? My sims can't talk and eat at the same time. They simply stop eating. They don't play darts and talk thats also a problem with multi tasking

The needs its just an additional problem im discussing with Cinebar.

Please read the original post carefully

Do you mean to say that the "eat" task in your sim's multitask bar just disappears? I don't think this happens in my game. Maybe try repairing your game.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif