Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family Tree Ruined!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    > @egwarhammer said:
    > LoveMcQueen5683
    >
    > (I answered this on MTS, but I wanted to put this here also, in case someone else over here needs to know.)
    >
    > Question was: (regarding the No Culling mod)
    > Can I get a clear guide on how to download this and place it properly? I read that you want the .zip file in the mods folder but when you download all you get is the .pyc file. I don't know how to do this :'c
    >
    > These game issues are starting to get overwhelming.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What you want to do is download it, but DO NOT EXTRACT it.
    >
    > When 7zip (your unzipper, whatever you use) shows you the window with the file contents inside (the .py .pyo etc stuff)... click the UP arrow (top left) next to that window's address bar, which puts you back up into your downloads folder.
    >
    > What you downloaded is what you want to copy over into your /Mods directory.
    >
    > This file:
    >
    > MTS_DarkGaia_1516626_nocull.zip
    >
    > Does this help?

Yes. That helps greatly. Why can't everyone be as clear as you?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    > @egwarhammer said:
    > LoveMcQueen5683
    >
    > (I answered this on MTS, but I wanted to put this here also, in case someone else over here needs to know.)
    >
    > Question was: (regarding the No Culling mod)
    > Can I get a clear guide on how to download this and place it properly? I read that you want the .zip file in the mods folder but when you download all you get is the .pyc file. I don't know how to do this :'c
    >
    > These game issues are starting to get overwhelming.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What you want to do is download it, but DO NOT EXTRACT it.
    >
    > When 7zip (your unzipper, whatever you use) shows you the window with the file contents inside (the .py .pyo etc stuff)... click the UP arrow (top left) next to that window's address bar, which puts you back up into your downloads folder.
    >
    > What you downloaded is what you want to copy over into your /Mods directory.
    >
    > This file:
    >
    > MTS_DarkGaia_1516626_nocull.zip
    >
    > Does this help?

Yes. That helps greatly. Why can't everyone be as clear as you?

Thanks! (sitting here grinning... hubby probably wonders whassup-but he knows it's game-related :D ...) but I really appreciate that! :blush:
  • Options
    SimmaSimma Posts: 65 Member
    > CAS.fulleditmode scares me. Sims2 holdover, probably, I saw epic gamebreakage on occasion (still the best game ever, thanks to Pescado! haha) which was probably largely caused by me monkeying around "under the hood" ... I also don't use MOO (ever!!!) or leave testingcheats enabled.
    >
    > Scary minefields, all those things! I will mod the daylights out of this game, but I will not use (meaning turn on indefinitely, the things you can) any of those things in my game. I do USE testingcheats, but I've gotten in the habit of on/use/off, which is fine for me.

If it helps, I used cheats frequently in The Sims 3 and I'm starting to use them quite a bit in The Sims 4 (mostly just "makeallhappy" for my largest house though.) My Sims 3 has never had too many glitches or anything, and as far as The Sims 4, so far those are being pinned on EA. No offense guys, lol.

The Sims 2 had a billion cheats, so maybe The Sims 3&4 having so few in comparison is due to people breaking their game with all the Sims 2 cheats?
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Simma wrote: »
    > CAS.fulleditmode scares me. Sims2 holdover, probably, I saw epic gamebreakage on occasion (still the best game ever, thanks to Pescado! haha) which was probably largely caused by me monkeying around "under the hood" ... I also don't use MOO (ever!!!) or leave testingcheats enabled.
    >
    > Scary minefields, all those things! I will mod the daylights out of this game, but I will not use (meaning turn on indefinitely, the things you can) any of those things in my game. I do USE testingcheats, but I've gotten in the habit of on/use/off, which is fine for me.

If it helps, I used cheats frequently in The Sims 3 and I'm starting to use them quite a bit in The Sims 4 (mostly just "makeallhappy" for my largest house though.) My Sims 3 has never had too many glitches or anything, and as far as The Sims 4, so far those are being pinned on EA. No offense guys, lol.

The Sims 2 had a billion cheats, so maybe The Sims 3&4 having so few in comparison is due to people breaking their game with all the Sims 2 cheats?

You might be on to something there! (They'll never tell.) But it's at least possible.
  • Options
    AnnoyingTwitAnnoyingTwit Posts: 111 Member
    I was wondering what happened to my family tree! I was quite upset when suddenly my tree was divided, and an entire branch of the family was lost because they were two generations behind the main family, but the same ages as the newest generation. :( Looks like I'm gonna have to mod here as well because I put sixty hours into this family and just lost over a fourth of them from the tree. Not to mention I almost lost three branches because they weren't marrying/having kids on their own! :neutral: Thank you for the mod info! :smiley:
    tumblr_nvpujq8nwg1tyv3s3o1_500.jpg
    Captain Fuzzbutt loves his plushie.
  • Options
    AnabellaCMAnabellaCM Posts: 3 New Member
    All my family trees are lost too. I don't need 180 living sims, just the records that they existed in family trees. It's ridiculous that I have to use a mod to get a main feature of the game. EA is really lacking with this version of the sims.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    AnabellaCM wrote: »
    All my family trees are lost too. I don't need 180 living sims, just the records that they existed in family trees. It's ridiculous that I have to use a mod to get a main feature of the game. EA is really lacking with this version of the sims.

Hello @AnabellaCM.
    Using MC Commander Center mod helps to prevent the culling. The link to it is

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680
  • Options
    SOPHIABEllA87SOPHIABEllA87 Posts: 59 Member
    Guru's I know you've heard the discussions about the culling, fix it the problem isn't going anywhere. Stop ignoring the complaints :/
  • Options
    raemariekraemariek Posts: 88 Member
    Hello, I know I am really late to this conversation, but I need help. I have tried numerous times to download the no culling mod and each time I download it, it is a '.pyc' file and I have a mac so @egwarhammer directions don't help me and I don't know where to turn. I tried posting in the Mac CC and mod thread but no one responded :-( I've starting my first ever legacy challenge, and I don't want to lose parts of my family. Thank you!
  • Options
    raemariek wrote: »
    Hello, I know I am really late to this conversation, but I need help. I have tried numerous times to download the no culling mod and each time I download it, it is a '.pyc' file and I have a mac so @egwarhammer directions don't help me and I don't know where to turn. I tried posting in the Mac CC and mod thread but no one responded :-( I've starting my first ever legacy challenge, and I don't want to lose parts of my family. Thank you!

Hello @raemariek
    Try downloading and using the MC Command Center Mod instead. It has a bypass culling setting. The link to that mod is
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680
    There is a help guide that comes with the download.

This link thread provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you decide to use it and you have questions about the settings, you can post about it there, and there are helpful simmers there that will help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-settings-ask-here
  • Options
    raemariekraemariek Posts: 88 Member
    @rosemow Thank you again for your continued support!
  • Options