Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5

Comments

• Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    The-2-Ls wrote: »
    'Exceeding expectations' does not necessarily equal 'doing great'. I exceeded my expectations once in Maths, I scraped a pass. So if the team are aware that they could do better - & I sincerely believe they can - then the game would exceed expectations, even if sales are *relatively* poor. You've really got to check the wording with this company! ;)

I'm hoping for a TS5. I'm hoping it's already in production. I'm happy for TS4 to run to course though, both for those who enjoy it & to ensure TS5 has sufficient time in development. Watch this space, I guess :/

Why so much misinformation, and why does this kind of post get so many likes? Are you all blinding yourselves from the truth? EA has stated that The Sims 4 IS doing great and that it IS the MAIN source of profit for EA. It's not going nowhere and I believe there WILL be a TS5 because EA does want more profit, and The Sims is that easy income.
  • Options
    Sasquatch_01Sasquatch_01 Posts: 538 Member
    Why so much misinformation, and why does this kind of post get so many likes? Are you all blinding yourselves from the truth? EA has stated that The Sims 4 IS doing great and that it IS the MAIN source of profit for EA. It's not going nowhere and I believe there WILL be a TS5 because EA does want more profit, and The Sims is that easy income.

Additionally, the lack of attention to The Sims 4 and support is likely a good indicator that a new project is in development and has been long enough for them to decide that the bulk of their resources should be devoted to it.
  • Options
    Emmely_BettineEmmely_Bettine Posts: 102 Member
    I don't think the majority of players dislike the game. But this is a forum, and it's natural to discuss bugs, dislikes, ideas, wishes etc. There is a lot I would love to improve with the Sims, and I enjoy talking about it with other simmers, but if I didn't like TS4, I wouldn't be playing and I wouldn't hang around on the forums.

We have a very active community, and are very lucky to have SimGuru's communicating with us on news and updates. I think EA will continue the franchise for many years to come. Maybe not TS5, TS6 etc, but definitely something along those lines.
    "Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them." - Sherlock
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Where has EA said that and what was the time frame of them saying that?
    Last year, as we all know, it was sad of ts4 wasn't successful there would be no ts5.

I'm not totally informed by consumers/players that aren't on the forums...but on the forums the majority of postings I see are backlash and from simmers not happy with the game. I'm included in that. On that note, I'm not willing to spend money on a game I'm not happy with for the sake of hope for a TS5.

Do you think there will be a TS5?
    Do you think ts4 will get better if its not to your taste/play style?
    Do you think TS4 will finish or be axed like sim city or medieval?
    Will Rachael (who I hear worked on apps???) will continue to be apart of the franchise?
    There is a post stickied in the ideas section " what can be done to fix ts4?" So the devs agree that ts4 is not a superb game?

There will be a TS5. If TS4 is doing badly it s cause of marketing not the game itself. I personally love TS4. Once we get a lot of old content back from older sims games like cars,apartment,toddlers and beaches this game will really take off.

That said more people would buy if it was advertised better. We're still waiting for an announcement of Gamepack 3.
  • Options
    Where has EA said that and what was the time frame of them saying that?
    Last year, as we all know, it was sad of ts4 wasn't successful there would be no ts5.

I'm not totally informed by consumers/players that aren't on the forums...but on the forums the majority of postings I see are backlash and from simmers not happy with the game. I'm included in that. On that note, I'm not willing to spend money on a game I'm not happy with for the sake of hope for a TS5.

Do you think there will be a TS5?
    Do you think ts4 will get better if its not to your taste/play style?
    Do you think TS4 will finish or be axed like sim city or medieval?
    Will Rachael (who I hear worked on apps???) will continue to be apart of the franchise?
    There is a post stickied in the ideas section " what can be done to fix ts4?" So the devs agree that ts4 is not a superb game?

There will be a TS5. If TS4 is doing badly it s cause of marketing not the game itself. I personally love TS4. Once we get a lot of old content back from older sims games like cars,apartment,toddlers and beaches this game will really take off.

That said more people would buy if it was advertised better. We're still waiting for an announcement of Gamepack 3.

Beautifully said, cat. The only complain I see on twitter, facebook, youtube comments, is people wanting toddlers. Once we have that, hopefully by the next expansion, these comments will be gone. The pickiest of players will complain about terraforming tools or any other detail, but once we have toddlers I believe the people that complain will have no reason to not be satisfied with The Sims 4. Even in the forums the people that complain so much have bought The Sims 4 and play it to some extent. I really await for a possible generations expansion for The Sims 4 to show its true potential and for the barrier of complaints to be gone. I have seen people say that TS4 is "flawed to its core" and it really doesn't matter if they add toddlers or terraforming tools. I guess this will be the "next complaint". But only for the pickiest on the forums.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I don't know why you think the majority of the fan base hates or dislikes this game?

Maybe you should check out the happy simmer thread...

One happy sim thread, but have you gone to the feedback section lots of backlash, there's a stickied thread in the ideas section on how to make ts4 better, there's plenty of threads in GD too. Tons of simmers last year who spoke their opinions were banned. That's why I think that.

There's one happy play thread because it was THAT HARD to keep criticism and sarcasm out of threads people started to share gameplay in in General Discussion. It still can be. Creative Corner stayed pretty much free of that. Lots of Sims 4 players abandoned General Discussion or the forums entirely because people who don't like the game wouldn't leave their gameplay-sharing alone ... except the Happy Play and Favorite Screenshots threads. When people leave you two safe spaces and treat everything else as open season for dripping sarcasm about, you're going to end up with only two safe spaces. And, of course, the rest of the internet, where people share their Sims 4 gameplay and enjoyment regularly.

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    The-2-LsThe-2-Ls Posts: 104 Member
    'Exceeding expectations' does not necessarily equal 'doing great'. I exceeded my expectations once in Maths, I scraped a pass. So if the team are aware that they could do better - & I sincerely believe they can - then the game would exceed expectations, even if sales are *relatively* poor. You've really got to check the wording with this company! ;)

I'm hoping for a TS5. I'm hoping it's already in production. I'm happy for TS4 to run to course though, both for those who enjoy it & to ensure TS5 has sufficient time in development. Watch this space, I guess :/

Lol! No misinformation here, if you'll notice I took care to use words & phrases like 'not necessarily', 'would' & 'if'. All very subjective, speculative & purely conjecture on my part. If you prefer to believe what might be corporate spin, that's totally up to you. It makes no odds to me what the sales figures are, & in many ways I hope the game *is* doing well; I'm just pointing out that the wording used is open to interpretation, should you choose to read between the lines. I don't think that makes me the one who is 'blinded' ;)
  • Options
    LBDXLBDX Posts: 382 Member
    I don't know why you think the majority of the fan base hates or dislikes this game?

Maybe you should check out the happy simmer thread...

One happy sim thread, but have you gone to the feedback section lots of backlash, there's a stickied thread in the ideas section on how to make ts4 better, there's plenty of threads in GD too. Tons of simmers last year who spoke their opinions were banned. That's why I think that.

There's one happy play thread because it was THAT HARD to keep criticism and sarcasm out of threads people started to share gameplay in in General Discussion. It still can be. Creative Corner stayed pretty much free of that. Lots of Sims 4 players abandoned General Discussion or the forums entirely because people who don't like the game wouldn't leave their gameplay-sharing alone ... except the Happy Play and Favorite Screenshots threads. When people leave you two safe spaces and treat everything else as open season for dripping sarcasm about, you're going to end up with only two safe spaces. And, of course, the rest of the internet, where people share their Sims 4 gameplay and enjoyment regularly.

I know exactly what you mean.
    Another thing too, is a lot of people come to the forums for the first time when they have a problem. Not many (from my experience) come here just to talk about how much they love the game. There's so much toxicity here, it feels like, and I personally love TS4, but I feel like my love for the game gets crapped on by those who feel like it's lacking things that previous versions had.
    It's nice to have those two safe places here, and there are a ton of other places we can all look to see positivity surrounding the game! TS4 livestreams are generally full of people that love the game and want to talk about the way they play it. That's a fantastic place to see loads of optimism. It's kind of refreshing to be a part of something like that, after feeling all the negativity that oozes out of so many threads here.
    CyXin77.gif
    American in Canada. Spoon rest enthusiast.
    Origin ID: texeganjane
    How to fix miscellaneous bugs in your Sims 4 game, here!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    I haven't given much thought to whether there'll be another version after this one but if not I won't be overly concerned. I'm looking forward to a few more years of Sims 4 releases and if that's the end then so be it. I have so much left undone in Sims 2 and Sims 3 that would keep me busy, along with Sims4, for a very long time.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    The forums might give the impression that most simmers are unhappy with the game, but that is not the case. Reception of the game in Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter and Youtube is mostly positive. The announcement trailer of Get Together alone got over 17000 likes, which far exceeds the number of negative posts made in the forums. I'm not saying TS4 is a flawless game, but it's doing alright and I'm sure future packs will only make it even better. Hopefully the developers will learn from the initial backlash and withhold from releasing the game without all it's mayor features when TS5 comes around.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @The-2-Ls wrote: »

They said The Sims 4 is EA's biggest profit right now.
  • Options
    The-2-LsThe-2-Ls Posts: 104 Member
    @jackjack_k That's great. Like I said above, I'm happy either way. The game's selling well - more money in EA's pocket for TS5. The game's not selling well - TS5 might come about sooner. In either event, TS5 may or may not come. It may, or may not, blow our collective socks off. There may, or may not, be a competitor at some point that makes this whole conversation moot. I have no control, & no vested interest other than wanting a new Sims game that I enjoy. I'm just not about to believe every word that a multi-national corporation feeds me. I'm far too old & jaded for that :smiley:
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited March 2016
    Don't believe the hype, they fibbed about SimCity and being a company they may say anything to keep it's customers. Sims 4 may be doing good but I do not think as well as like it to be being if one reads the games of the month and Sims 4 was exceeding it's expectations they would be making the rounds on gaming sites and it is not happening, with EA I learned to read between the lines. The game is just average and nothing outstanding about it for me.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    @jackjack_k That's great. Like I said above, I'm happy either way. The game's selling well - more money in EA's pocket for TS5. The game's not selling well - TS5 might come about sooner. In either event, TS5 may or may not come. It may, or may not, blow our collective socks off. There may, or may not, be a competitor at some point that makes this whole conversation moot. I have no control, & no vested interest other than wanting a new Sims game that I enjoy. I'm just not about to believe every word that a multi-national corporation feeds me. I'm far too old & jaded for that :smiley:
    I do agree :)

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Don't believe the hype, they fibbed about SimCity and being a company they may say anything to keep it's customers. Sims 4 may be doing good but I do not think as well as like it to be being if one reads the games of the month and Sims 4 was exceeding it's expectations they would be making the rounds on gaming sites and it is not happening. With EA I learned to read between the lines. The game is just average and nothing outstanding about it for me.

You cannot lie to investors though. If the game was failing, they cannot lie to investors and say it's doing well. That's called fraud.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Don't believe the hype, they fibbed about SimCity and being a company they may say anything to keep it's customers. Sims 4 may be doing good but I do not think as well as like it to be being if one reads the games of the month and Sims 4 was exceeding it's expectations they would be making the rounds on gaming sites and it is not happening. With EA I learned to read between the lines. The game is just average and nothing outstanding about it for me.

You cannot lie to investors though. If the game was failing, they cannot lie to investors and say it's doing well. That's called fraud.
    As said the game may be doing well but not as well as one may think. I do not see anything about Sims 4 on Gamespot, IGN or any other entertainment sites other then sites that just cater to Sims. They are not listed on any of the best or top 10 games and I would think EA would want them on those lists because that mean more customers. I do not think Sims 4 is failing, it is a average game that is just making enough. Also, only time will tell if EA is willing to make a Sims 5. Honestly speaking I believe Sims 4 is not the cash cow as they are more focused on their other franchise the Star Wars franchise which they are more concentrated on right now being they have to keep Disney happy. Like others I do not fall heads over heels when EA say something because I know better. :) I would love to see a Sims 5 but if it will not happen there are other games that can be played. :)

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

If they say it's above expectations that means they had a starting point of an expectation. It doesn't say where that starting point was placed at. They knew how unfinished the base was on release and you aren't telling me they weren't aware that it caused a lot of issues with their customer base and that it was likely to cause those issues-and adjusted their expectations to try to account for the backlash.
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    Yes, one day there will be TS5. The profit EA gains from this series is just too big to put and end to the game.
    Not keeping the series going would literally be like shooting their own feet.
    Also, the fact that this forum is filled with very (rightfully) vocal and dissatisfied fans doesn't mean the majority of the fanbase or the gamers are dissatisfied with TS4 and that the series will end because of it. It's not easy explaining to a minority that they are a minority in the exact same place where they're the vast majority (this particular forum).
    Personally, I believe that we will know if TS4 will be a success or total failure only at the very end of its life, once no further content will be released. As for right now, a lot of players are still enjoying the game and buying new content. For what I could personally tell you, all of my friends in real life are super happy about this game. Some even more than me (and I think they're nuts :tongue: ).
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    edited March 2016

If they say it's above expectations that means they had a starting point of an expectation. It doesn't say where that starting point was placed at. They knew how unfinished the base was on release and you aren't telling me they weren't aware that it caused a lot of issues with their customer base and that it was likely to cause those issues-and adjusted their expectations to try to account for the backlash.
    Exactly, companies change there their expectations almost everyday and EA is not exempt. Sims 4 IMHO is not holding EA up by itself or filling those pockets when there are other franchises that are working for them.

• Options

Lol! No misinformation here, if you'll notice I took care to use words & phrases like 'not necessarily', 'would' & 'if'. All very subjective, speculative & purely conjecture on my part. If you prefer to believe what might be corporate spin, that's totally up to you. It makes no odds to me what the sales figures are, & in many ways I hope the game *is* doing well; I'm just pointing out that the wording used is open to interpretation, should you choose to read between the lines. I don't think that makes me the one who is 'blinded' ;)

I'm sorry for quoting you directly, It was just to symbolize this type of post, and there were others like this on this thread. Also, it's not a corporate spin when in an earings call a company says what the most profitable product is, It's just the truth.
  • Options
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

As said the game may be doing well but not as well as one may think. I do not see anything about Sims 4 on Gamespot, IGN or any other entertainment sites other then sites that just cater to Sims. They are not listed on any of the best or top 10 games and I would think EA would want them on those lists because that mean more customers. I do not think Sims 4 is failing, it is a average game that is just making enough. Also, only time will tell if EA is willing to make a Sims 5. Honestly speaking I believe Sims 4 is not the cash cow as they are more focused on their other franchise the Star Wars franchise which they are more concentrated on right now being they have to keep Disney happy. Like others I do not fall heads over heels when EA say something because I know better. :) I would love to see a Sims 5 but if it will not happen there are other games that can be played. :)

Of course you know better. After all, you have insight into their sales, know their marketing team and go bowling with the Gurus every Saturday :)
    Yeah just like you do :)

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I have no idea if TS5 will exist or be any better. With all the money they made from TS3 you would expect a really great experience from day one with the next game in return. That's not been the case for a lot of customers.

To be honest I think the way it's been handled is disrespectful. That we aren't worth delaying the game and getting it set right before release, blaming the fans for wanting EP content when they know very well that's not the case, refusing to acknowledge the issues, the silent treatment and taking advantage of the loyalty to the concept of the sims.
  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited March 2016

Misinformation. You need to look up what that word means.

That kind of post gets so many likes because many posters can actually think critically and do not take a comment from EA and twist it to mean something else because they are not blinded by their love of the game. They are objective.

Please provide links to where EA explicitly say The Sims 4 is the main source of their profit. In the video posted above, all EA say is that The Sims 4 exceeded expectations. Not one word was said about it being their main source of profit.

• Options
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

EA doesn't care about what these sites say if it's what makes the most money out of the others with good reviews. The Sims is a really special title, and I think the general gaming press and gamers in general see it as a casual dollhouse simulator. I can't see most gamers caring about or understanding The Sims be it 1, 2, 3 or 4. While most reviewers could review Dragon Age for example, most wouldn't understand The Sims to give a good review or talk about it in news. We are really a niche, and we buy everything they put out apparently.