Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5

RichaRocks1RichaRocks1 Posts: 4 New Member
Hello!
I Have Recently Had An Idea For The Next generation Of The Sims TM.
We Should Be Able To Not Only Be Able To Control OUR Sims But Our Siblings, or IRL Neigbors!
Please Comment On Some Other Ideas For The Next Generation For The Sims!
Hopefully There WILL Be A Next Generation!

Comments

• Options
    ToastyChanToastyChan Posts: 153 Member
    That's called mind control.
    "I've always loved the M35-Mako. It's got a heart, you know?" - James Vega

Simblr: witchybot.tumblr.com
    EA ID: KaKaPeuPeu
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    No, it's called rip-off as Star Trek already had The Next Generation.

Sims 5 should ditch the phonegame feel of the current sequel and return to it's PC gaming roots.
  • Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,265 Member
    The next Sims should come packaged with life-like robots that we can control in real life.
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    edited March 2016
    Last year, as we all know, it was said if ts4 wasn't successful there would be no ts5.

I'm not totally informed by consumers/players that aren't on the forums PSA: I REPEAT IM NOT INFORMED OF OTHER OPINIONS BESIDES THOSE PLAYERS WHO FREQUENT TO FORUMS I REPEAT I KNOW THATS MOT THE MAJORITY OF PLAYERS AS A WHOLE I REPEAT IM SPEAKING OF THE MAJORITY I SEE IN THE FORUMS END PSA ...but on the forums the majority of postings I see are backlash and from simmers not happy with the game. I'm included in that. On that note, I'm not willing to spend money on a game I'm not happy with for the sake of hope for a TS5.

Do you think there will be a TS5?
    Do you think ts4 will get better if its not to your taste/play style?
    Do you think TS4 will finish or be axed like sim city or medieval?
    Will Rachael (who I hear worked on apps???) will continue to be apart of the franchise?
    There is a post stickied in the ideas section " what can be done to fix ts4?" So the devs agree that ts4 is not a superb game?
    Post edited by rbridges430 on
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Of course there will be.

EA have already said The Sims 4 is their main source of profit (FIFA is the most successful but EA don't get all the profits).
    That more than enough to warrant Sims 5.

If the Sims 4 was doing badly, they would have pulled it after a year (like SimCity). EA have said it's doing well, and that's why they are continuing the franchise. I think recently, EA even had a three year plan in place for The Sims 4, which suggests another 3 years left.

That's definitely not a sign that it's going anywhere.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Where has EA said that and what was the time frame of them saying that?
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I don't know why you think the majority of the fan base hates or dislikes this game?

Maybe you should check out the happy simmer thread...
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Do you think there will be a TS5? Not sure what I think after they made Sims4
    Do you think ts4 will get better if its not to your taste/play style? I lost hope and potential a while back
    Do you think TS4 will finish or be axed like sim city or medieval? If so, we won't know till the last minute, as they don't tell us anything!
    Will Rachael (who I hear worked on apps???) will continue to be apart of the franchise? Don't know about anyone who works there, I am only worried about them making the game to where many of us can play it for hours on end! Just make it to where it will hold our interest. Where is the WOW effect?

• Options
    edited March 2016
    I don't know why you think the majority of the fan base hates or dislikes this game?

Maybe you should check out the happy simmer thread...

One happy sim thread, but have you gone to the feedback section lots of backlash, there's a stickied thread in the ideas section on how to make ts4 better, there's plenty of threads in GD too. Tons of simmers last year who spoke their opinions were banned. That's why I think that.
  • Options
    @zeldagirl180 I dont hate or dislike the game, I am just disappointed. It has its good points I just wish there was more that would hold my interest longer.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    And yea....I never used the word hate.
    And clearly Zelda if you read my entire post, I said fans that are on the forums I have no clue about those who aren't on the site.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    EA also said that The Sims 4 has exceeded their expectations in terms of sales.
    Now that could be either they set a high target and the sims 4 performed above that target or they put a lower sales target for and it surpassed it. We don't know but what we know is that they are pleased with its commercial performance.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Now that could be either they set a high target and the sims 4 performed above that target or they put a lower sales target for and it surpassed it. We don't know but what we know is that they are pleased with its commercial performance.
    Where have they said this?i would love to read the article. Was this recent? I guess I'll try to google it.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Where have they said this?i would love to read the article. Was this recent? I guess I'll try to google it.

simsvip.com/2015/07/30/ea-earnings-call-the-sims-4-drove-solid-revenues/

https://youtu.be/BQJzTcYwxI0

Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    It is not working @halimali1980 Unless I did something wrong (very possible)
  • Options
    edited March 2016

simsvip.com/2015/07/30/ea-earnings-call-the-sims-4-drove-solid-revenues/

https://youtu.be/BQJzTcYwxI0

Not working for me either. Also looks like This was posted July 2015....wish there was something more up to date...like March 2016 lol
  • Options
    navyboy12navyboy12 Posts: 68 Member
    Interesting topic this is. I think that the sims 4 has potential of becoming a great game but I have recently started playing the Sims 3 do to the fact that there is more game play available in the game then Sims 4 . I think if they would add more to the game which they probably will in time it can be an awesome game. As for them creating a sims 5 well personally I think they need to focus on the games they have out right now like fixing some of the major bugs in the sims 3 and 4 instead of putting out expansions all the time. I think then the sims 4 came out they completely ignored the sims 3 which is a bummer!
  • Options
    taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    edited March 2016
    I do get your concerns and I have the same ones as well but I don't think you should worry about whether TS5 will be made or not.

First (from what we've all been experiencing since TS4 released) we will not get any information or hints about it.

Two .. if they are working on TS5 right now then it'll probably be released like 4-5 years from now right..? or something like that. It's a awfully long time so I don't see the point in pondering.

Three ... we should honestly be grateful for all that negative feedback. Remember positive feedback is good but if there's never any constructive feedback how are they supposed to fix/improve the game? Sure they'll never fix culling since that's a feature that's intentionally in the game for reasons I do kind of understand but don't. However, they can fix other things thanks to the feedback. It might look kind of scary in that forum .. especially since the majority is negative but hey I choose not to see it as a bad thing. I actually respect the people who voice their concerns about the game. They may be harsh but they're passionate about TS and them being so vocal could get them to possibly fix/improve things in future patches or whatever. ^^

In short, don't worry OP. We'll see what happens. Hopefully good things and if not well.. there's always the previous games. :)
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I mean, it's not even two years since launch. There's no telling what'll happen in the future.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    First of all, Sims 4 is only a year and a half old and they mentioned they'll be working on Sims 4 atleast for three more years (it's more but they wanted to give a time lapse). I absoluty love the Sims 4 and I think it will do well in the coming years, believing there will be a Sims 5. There's so much to explore, i'm not going to give much thought into it. I'm just going to enjoy the ride and be hopefull towards the future :blush:
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    @DaniqaSimmer I guess they spoiled me with Sims1,2,and3. When I played those games, I never got bored. They always held my interest until the next pack came out. I was hoping Sims4 would do that. But, maybe its just me!

I am so happy you are enjoying your game <3

*hugs*
  • Options
    The-2-LsThe-2-Ls Posts: 104 Member
    'Exceeding expectations' does not necessarily equal 'doing great'. I exceeded my expectations once in Maths, I scraped a pass. So if the team are aware that they could do better - & I sincerely believe they can - then the game would exceed expectations, even if sales are *relatively* poor. You've really got to check the wording with this company! ;)

I'm hoping for a TS5. I'm hoping it's already in production. I'm happy for TS4 to run to course though, both for those who enjoy it & to ensure TS5 has sufficient time in development. Watch this space, I guess :/
  • Options
    MiKeeMiKee Posts: 72 Member
    > @charlotteprice said:
    > @DaniqaSimmer I guess they spoiled me with Sims1,2,and3. When I played those games, I never got bored. They always held my interest until the next pack came out. I was hoping Sims4 would do that. But, maybe its just me!
    >
    > I am so happy you are enjoying your game <3
    >
    > *hugs*

Ts3 gameplay looks so shallow and boring especially after4 . I guess ts4 spoiled me.
    whenever I come across ts3 compliments in forum I reopen game to check if there is something I neglect of the games charm but... In 10 minutes I close it with much disappomtment. I am glad some are still enjoying the game. Hugs
  • Options
    Awww @Mikee Good to know that you know how I feel, even if it is vice-versa :D