Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch next week! Growfruits and egg hunting!

Comments

• Options
    haituvahaituva Posts: 266 Member
    To those people who are disappointed that toddlers do not come in the next patch... Well, if the team is taking ideas from that famous stickied thread, to me that indicates that toddlers are something that got started quite recently, and is very much "Work in Progress" still. They're a big feature that won't be finished in just a few weeks, so if I was you I wouldn't be expecting anything toddler-related in a few months yet. I just take that thread as a positive sign that they might be coming some day.

As to this patch, meh, I'm looking forward to the patch notes rather than the patch itself :).
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I wonder if 'green thumb' is a new trait? lol Or is it already in game my Sims don't do much gardening anymore since the Lice Freezers won't keep my veggies intact when placing those retail lots in library or to another lot or town.

I think there's already a Super Green Thumb reward trait.
    It's not a reward trait. The super green thumb trait is a trait that you buy with your sims' satisfaction points. The reward trait that you get from completing the gardening aspiration is the naturalist trait.

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited March 2016
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Tbh though, this feels like a "Gamepack is not ready we need a placeholder!!!!!!" Rather than intended to be the actual new way to play.

Still I'll set myself a challenge.

WWyA1.gif

This was something that was always planned to happen, the gardening portion of the challenge is a new addition. We are actually looking at expanding the way we do challenges, this is just the start :)

Also I voted for "Anna Holiday" to be the NPCs name (it was a suggestion by one of the other members of them team...cause it sounds like 'On A Holiday' lol --its the little things I get excited over.) But we hoping to have her make a regular appearance for future challenges as well :)

Hi @SimGuruDrake Nice new profile pic by the way. Can you or another Guru Comment if she's related to Summer Holiday?

That's a great idea to have her return for future challenges, but maybe a little suggestion? It'd be super cool to give her a unique outfit based on the challenge each time so she stands out and doesn't look like an ordinary townie. Like this one could have had a spring flowery dress unique to her and unlockable by the player?

Let me know what you think of that idea ^.^ Also what happens if she dies in our save? Assuming we can marry her etc.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    But we hoping to have her make a regular appearance for future challenges as well :)

*was grumpy but feels happy knowing she'll be back*

Ron-Swanson-giggling1.gif

• Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    Tbh though, this feels like a "Gamepack is not ready we need a placeholder!!!!!!" Rather than intended to be the actual new way to play.

WWyA1.gif

This was something that was always planned to happen, the gardening portion of the challenge is a new addition. We are actually looking at expanding the way we do challenges, this is just the start :)

Also I voted for "Anna Holiday" to be the NPCs name (it was a suggestion by one of the other members of them team...cause it sounds like 'On A Holiday' lol --its the little things I get excited over.) But we hoping to have her make a regular appearance for future challenges as well :)

@Simgurudrake Some challenge ideas for you:

Add 3 new recipes, but the catch is we have to figure out what it is: first pick a combination of up to 4 ingredients, then decide method of preparation: bake, saute, fry, braise, roast. The sim also has to be the correct cooking level to not ruin the dish, but once the recipe is discovered the sim learns it forever. That sim can write the recipe in a cookbook if they have the right level of writing skill, that way the recipe can be passed on or sold. I also just want recipes back in general, like in TS3 please!
  • Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    edited March 2016
    No one is ever going to be happy!

It's actually scientifically proven that the people who complains the most always will find something new to complain about. :p
    Post edited by Hannie on
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Boring as plum.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2016

WWyA1.gif

Also I voted for "Anna Holiday" to be the NPCs name (it was a suggestion by one of the other members of them team...cause it sounds like 'On A Holiday' lol --its the little things I get excited over.) But we're hoping to have her make a regular appearance for future challenges as well :)

We start poorly...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

WWyA1.gif

I actually loved the suggestions but Scott had other things in mind lol.

Why Jasmine then? :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Hannie wrote: »
    No one is ever going to be happy!

It's actually scientific proven that the people who complains the most always will find something new to complain about. :p

I'm pretty sure people complaining that people complain proves that theory.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited March 2016
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    even patches are getting delayed... great

The patch is due this month. If we get to the end of March 31st without one, it's delayed.

still... 3 weeks of march is too much. Cause then obviously will have to wait like three weeks for the next patch so they can fix all the bugs they introduced with the previous one.

This is getting ridiculous

The Feb. 4 patch fixed a lot of bugs (there was much hi-fiving among the Bug forum crew over it) and introduced no new ones that I know of, though there were still some outstanding after it. It's been remarkably quiet in the Bugs forum. Obviously, there are lots of outstanding change-this-feature requests, but those aren't bugs.

Um there are huge bugs that been in the game since day one... so yeah.

Cinebar wrote: »
    Is there a rule we get a patch every month? I haven't seen or heard we will always get a bug fix patch every month. What I have read is we would get 'new ways to play' every month and a few times that hasn't been true.

Also true. Thank you for reminding me.

But you said specifically that the new patches introduce new bugs while the last patch introduced no new bugs. It doesn't always happen.

You just seem to be complaining for the sake of complaining in that regard. The only new bug we've got in a patch for a while was the spicy food bug. The bugs section seems to be only reporting bugs that are older, albeit more specific to certain users.

relationship culling was also introduced in a patch. Constant wohoo was introduced in a patch. Not owning retail lots for God knows what reasonn was introduced in a bug.

Just do me a favor and ignore me
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    I'm fine with these sort of small events but rewards could use a bit of work, they seem rather uninteresting.
  • Options

WWyA1.gif

Also I voted for "Anna Holiday" to be the NPCs name (it was a suggestion by one of the other members of them team...cause it sounds like 'On A Holiday' lol --its the little things I get excited over.) But we're hoping to have her make a regular appearance for future challenges as well :)

Finally something you tell me that I actually like. The challanges are a fun thing and I enjoy that we only have a determined time to complete it. If you want to add more of that I completely approve and love the idea.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,871 Member
    Krisha880 wrote: »
    I wonder if we can "kidnap" her and make her part of a household? I also hope that the items we get (and don't get) in these challenges will be found in debug when the challenges are over! I will always be #TeamAllTheThings

I agree with the bolded. Totally fine with the challenge being limited time (that's what makes it a challenge! :) ) but I don't see why the objects themselves need to be limited time as well.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Mightydan wrote: »
    I'm fine with these sort of small events but rewards could use a bit of work, they seem rather uninteresting.

What are you talking about?! A planter is soooo cool! Like...you can do so much stuff with it, like...planting! You don't even need the ground just use a planter, like it's soooooo cool omg...so cool #socool #notevenjoking #sarcasmalltheway
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I wonder if we can "kidnap" her and make her part of a household? I also hope that the items we get (and don't get) in these challenges will be found in debug when the challenges are over! I will always be #TeamAllTheThings

I agree with the bolded. Totally fine with the challenge being limited time (that's what makes it a challenge! :) ) but I don't see why the objects themselves need to be limited time as well.

Well the eggs can all be found in debug mode (you just can't currently hunt for them) and the bunny reward can be unlocked with a cheat.

I reckon the new eggs and the basic/normal growfruit will be available in debug and the planters will be unlockable with the cheat. The NPC may or may not stay in the game after the event.
  • Options

Yes, it's the sims, I hate to have content I can't access to, especially when it's free. It would be cool if they were unlocked permanently for everyone after the challenge is over.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Can you get Anna Holiday or whatever to stay in the game?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    edited March 2016

WWyA1.gif

My suggestion for these events/challenges would be to have the world decorated according to what's going on, if it's a spring event, make flowers spawn randomly around the worlds, if it's a hallowen event, change the sky/lighting color and/or add pumpkins to spawn randomly around the world, if it's a christmas event, add snow around the world.

This don't needs to work for all the worlds, just WC maybe...
    I got this idea a while back while i was playing Sonic Runners, it was really cool how they had these holiday events and the levels changed according to what's going on, when we had the hallowen challenge last year i immediately started to think that something like that could work with TS4. :#
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    CrackFox wrote: »
    I pray there's something worth having in this patch, whenever it's released. I hate those 'challenges' especially recycled ones from last year :(
    I had just read the blog on the patch that's coming next week, and saw what you meant by a recycled challenge. Easter egg hunt isn't a recycled challenge from last Spring. What it is that they had made the Easter egg hunt into a challenge this time, and added two new colored eggs to it. Increasing the total of Easter eggs from 10 to 12. :)

• Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Yes, it's the sims, I hate to have content I can't access to, especially when it's free. It would be cool if they were unlocked permanently for everyone after the challenge is over.

That would totally defeat the purpose of it. I don't want the easter eggs unlocked for everyone just because or the tree... it makes it not fun. Maybe they can do it with SOME objects, sometimes like months after the challange... like they did with the halloween stuff.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    I missed the last egg hunt, so I'm gonna try and give this year's one a go. Also looking forward to the growfruit challenge.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I just saw a pic of sim with long red hair in a blog pic. If this is Jasmine Holiday, she does look a bit like Summer Holiday and she does look cute. B)