Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Who else thinks that toddlers should use Ipads?

A few people have mentioned like a leap frog system but I don't see why not :)

I was joking around in one of my threads and someone suggested that a toddler could try and eat an Ipad? All these Sims seem to be 'high tech these days anyway

That's a pretty funny idea. Ties in with the 'chew on' interaction someone suggested that's coming in one of my next updates to 'at a glance' :) Thank you for popping by and throwing in the idea :)
  • Options
    NoriYoriNoriYori Posts: 36 Member
    [quote="poppykoke;14652261"]@SimGuruDrake @SimGuruLyndsay

A simblr recreated their own concepts of Toddlers. These Toddlers hairstyles should definitely qualify If Toddlers are coming. :blush::blush:

Mother of god....Plz do concepts for preteens.
  • Options
    PixelPrincezzPixelPrincezz Posts: 321 Member
    Wow, there are so many amazing ideas in this thread; I can't wait for toddlers to be added in game ;)

Like some of you said I'd love toddlers to be able to interact with everyone; and I'm not sure if someone already mention those but, here's some ideas:

* I'd like a baby car to be added to the game, so the moms and dads could take the toddler for a walk in the park and stuff like that;
    * I'd like a new radio station with some music to calm toddlers down, etc; and a new interaction to parents sing lullaby to the toddlers;
    * some new games and toys like blocks, push and ride cars, toy keyboard, etc;

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde
    EA ID: PixelPrincezz
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • Options
    MythicMissMythicMiss Posts: 44 Member

OMG. My youngest niece does this. She's two. She'll push the buttons on her Mommy's or Grandpa's iPad until something good shows up.

It would be so neat if that were an unlockable interaction. Like if they crawl onto a parent's or sibling's lap while they're using the tablet or the computer, and they see how it works. After they do this a few times, they learn that pushing the buttons makes things happen! Again, learning by watching.

Plus, how cute would it be to see a sim playing MySims with a sim toddler on their lap? :smiley:
  • Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    @sennie instead of toddlers having a hate baths trait that you can choose, toddlers could either have or not have a hidden hates bath trait like sims with the fruitcake.
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Options
    @sennie instead of toddlers having a hate baths trait that you can choose, toddlers could either have or not have a hidden hates bath trait like sims with the fruitcake.

Ooh I'm going to add that to the chapters. Great follow on idea! :)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    MythicMiss wrote: »

OMG. My youngest niece does this. She's two. She'll push the buttons on her Mommy's or Grandpa's iPad until something good shows up.

It would be so neat if that were an unlockable interaction. Like if they crawl onto a parent's or sibling's lap while they're using the tablet or the computer, and they see how it works. After they do this a few times, they learn that pushing the buttons makes things happen! Again, learning by watching.

Plus, how cute would it be to see a sim playing MySims with a sim toddler on their lap? :smiley:

So do kids in real life actually know how to use Ipads then? I just use mine to lurk on the forums or throw at a wall if I am angry about something lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

So do kids in real life actually know how to use Ipads then? I just use mine to lurk on the forums or throw at a wall if I am angry about something lol

There is actually an odd gadget I've seen where parents set up their ipad on a special potty for the toddlers to use to encourage them to 'go' lol.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/10531063/iPotty-named-worst-toy-of-the-year.html
  • Options
    bumblebeer0sebumblebeer0se Posts: 205 Member
    As far as skills go I just want to point out that kids learn to walk and talk on their own. And really a baby learns to walk. A toddler already knows how to walk. That's where the idea of toddler comes from, thy toddle from one place to the next. Learning to talk properly takes years as many kindergartners are still working on it. Potty training should remain as toddlers are taught that skill. And it gives the parents some freedom as they no longer have to change the dirty diapers.

They should have different skills instead and the skills should all lead to increase in adult and child skill learning. For example. All babies learn to talk. But if you spend time talking with and providing language activities (via toys) perhaps after the toddler grows to a child they can learn the social skill faster, which we know in turn helps them learn the charisma skill faster. There could even be a certain combination of "skills" that if maxed/learned or spent X amount of time on each leads to the child having a higher IQ and therefore building all mental and mechanical skills faster later in life.

I also think the skills should be short skills having only 3-5 levels as toddlers' lifespans can only be so long. And there should be a good variety of "skills." I think on normal game play it should not be possible for them to max all the skills available. This would make it so players have to choose which "type" of kid they want. Think of it as the skills they're learning as toddlers are directly influencing the type of sim they're going to grow to be. Along with this they could gain an extra "free" personality trait. For example a child who is neglected might have the sad trait (or a new similar trait). Or a child who was exceptionally well cared for might have the loves family trait (or something along those lines). It'd be great if those "special" traits were unique to toddlers and could only be earned by playing the sim through toddlerhood.

And I think toddlers should have to take naps. Toddlers in previous Sims games didn't really need naps to make it through the day. But in reality an 18 month old or a 2-year old typically takes at least one nap a day. They should not be able to go all day without a nap.
  • Options
    @bumblebeer0se those are really good concepts :)
  • Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    Werewolf Toddlers with the ability to howl. I loved this detail from TS3, it was cute. I remember a fellow simmer mentioning Toddlers bitting stuffed toys, an indicator of teething. :smile:
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

There is actually an odd gadget I've seen where parents set up their ipad on a special potty for the toddlers to use to encourage them to 'go' lol.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/10531063/iPotty-named-worst-toy-of-the-year.html

That can be the new potty training in The Sims then. Knowing TS4 it could be a good short cut so parents don't have to teach their kids any more lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

That can be the new potty training in The Sims then. Knowing TS4 it could be a good short cut so parents don't have to teach their kids any more lol

I'd rather not have that! :)
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    poppykoke wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake @SimGuruLyndsay

A simblr recreated their own concepts of Toddlers. These Toddlers hairstyles should definitely qualify If Toddlers are coming. :blush::blush:

j9n5mq.jpg

I love that tiny pony tail :p

i like the curly buns they are so cute :heart:
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member

j9n5mq.jpg

I love the owl shirt too. It is so cute. :)
  • Options
    Nice to see you again @SimGuruLyndsay in case you are interested I've been collating ideas so you can take 'at a glance' snapshots of ideas from here to the team. As I do it I update with links in the original post :)
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member

j9n5mq.jpg

i like the curly buns they are so cute :heart:

I think it's the pearl necklace that sold me. They are all super cute for sure though!

yeah they are i like the owl shirt with the curl buns and i'll die happy
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    edited March 2016
    @SimGuruLyndsay The little one in the middle there makes me remember dressing up in my parents' clothes. Yes, they have video. Apparently, I decided to imitate ET in Dad's oversized brown sweater while running down the hall. :D
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    KyationeKyatione Posts: 187 Member
    Wow. What a lovely thread we have here. The enthusiasm, the creativity, the positiveness! I'm really liking this thread. Kudos to those who respectfully presented their most awesome ideas. I'll try not to duplicate anything and make this simple for easy reading.

- Mischief skill: Play around in toilet, throw baby mush at person feeding them (and giggle), play in trash, push other toddler down
    - Apologize to other toddler by hugging
    - Open fridge and stare, or pull things out and make mess (trash piles), or eat snacks
    - Teach simlish to toddlers (aka the alphabet)
    - For GT EP: play in closet and come out wearing large shoes they can barely walk in (if they mastered walking skill), dress up
    - Baby mush that Teen and over can make from fruits and veggies and serve in high seat, have various reactions based on it
    - If playful or energized while getting bathed in a tub, probability of escaping and running around naked while evading capture
    - Ride on shoulder of adult
    - Walking on top of parents shoes...or was that child only...hmm, let's make it both then
    - When watching tv with other adults on the sofa, if it's news toddlers should get up and switch the tv to kids channel, ability to turn on/off tv, flip through channels
    - Demand to be let down by strangers they don't know if they are held and have the Loner/Shy trait
    - Option for parents to call grandparent in relationship panel with highest score to babysit and if they are busy, then ask aunt/uncle, best friends, etc. down the line to teens in the same house to babysit...free of cost naturally
    - Have Coward toddlers cry on first day of Pre-School if that is available
    - Be a ring bearer at a wedding event (don't even know how I came up with this), likewise create post for flower girl/boy too
    - If toddler's parents are divorced and one parent isn't in the active household and relationship score continues to fall, have random sad moodlet pop up that says "Haven't seen Mommy/Daddy in a while..."
    - I don't think I remember seeing mention of having a wagon as a potential toy...child sims can pull toddlers around in it
    - If toddler fiddles with broken appliances within reach, let's say tv, then ability to get the dazed emotion and after a second time in that emotion, the social worker comes so repair quickly and often!

I hope when all this gets implemented in a patch (ahem, ahem, cough, cough, cough) most of these ideas will be present. Cheers to all!
  • Options
    Love your ideas @Kyatione :) especially the wagon!!!
  • Options
    KyationeKyatione Posts: 187 Member
    @sparkfairy1 Thanks. I just looked deep into my memories and tried to remember what I used to have fun with. That one nearly slipped me too.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

j9n5mq.jpg

that is too cute! I love the second hairstyle the most!
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    That little pearl necklace would be neat in an amber option. Amber necklaces seem to be all the rage for real life toddlers right now.