Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teen Curfew

I really would love this from Sims 3 if they brought it back... Teens staying out late after their curfew and they are brought home by the cops or the parents have to go to the police station to pick them up and they get the embarrassed moodlet when it happens and they get Grounded at home and can only go to school and do their homework, then If they raise their grades up they can be left off the hook or if they do their chores to get on the parents good side. Plus they could sneak out of the house when parents are sleeping then they get into bigger trouble that they are grounded for more then a few days and we can pick how long they are grounded for.

Comments

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I sort of like the idea but I'm concerned it could be really annoying. For example, I pretend some of my sims live above retail stores or in 'apartments' by moving them into a normal lot, but then actually playing as though they live at the retail lot. So if the game triggered the curfew automatically my teens would be arrested and taken back to the lot that the game recognises as their home lot, which would be really frustrating. It would take away some of my imaginative freedom.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be added, I'm just thinking it would be good to have a way to toggle the curfew off for times when it isn't needed, or for people who don't like it. Sometimes I'd enjoy the feature, but other times it would get in the way. Also, it would annoy me in TS3 that I had no way of avoiding it, even if a sim was out with their own parent!

So, I'd like it if...

a) I could toggle it off for times when I'm doing something else.

b) I'd like the option to try and run away and hide from the cops. There would be a chance they'd find you, but sometimes hiding would work.

c) I'd like to be able to choose the way the parents react. Ideally 'punishment' interactions would become available for a limited time after the event, and would not be autonomous. So I could have the parent as the active sim, then click on the teen and choose 'Punish...' and his would give options like '...ground for 1 week', '...confiscate phone', or 'ask to tidy house'.

One of my major frustrations with TS3 was that I had no control over how the parents would react. Maybe the parents were laid-back and didn't believe in punishments? Or another family might simply not care what their kids did. Another parent might cry, while another might fly into a rage. Not all the parents would have acted the same way in my mind, and for some the punishments seemed too severe and out-of-character. So being able to actively choose the way parents react would be much more appealing to me. :)
  • Options
    InsaneStarInsaneStar Posts: 94 Member
    > @Cinderellimouse said:
    > Everything you said.

Yes very much. I want the curfew feature as an added option. Too annoying in The Sims 3. You have limited time to play as the Teens to do fun stuff outside and I don't want all the teens just to go to school, eat, sleep and repeat. Even on the weekends.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I'd like an optional teen curfew, one I could set either for a whole world (if there were NPC police to enforce it) or for a particular household (with the option to be punished). It would be good for gameplay. What I don't want is a mandatory one.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    DanaKScullyFBlDanaKScullyFBl Posts: 355 Member
    I'm soooooooooo sorry that my idea for the teen curfew was really stupid I won't post any more of my stupid ideas ever again :'( I'll just sit back and play my Sims 4 and I might not even upload to the gallery anymore :'(
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited March 2016
    If it was optional then I'd be ok with it, but I HATED this as a mandatory feature in previous games. I love the freedom that teenagers have in this installment of The Sims, and I don't want to return to the mandatory blanket system they used in previous versions.

My avi is a teen, and she frequently stays out after dark with her friends at The Bluffs in Windenburg. I absolutely love that she's able to do this, as my teen has a life outside of the eat, sleep, school grind. Cinderella has a few nice ideas that I liked, but for this feature to work for me, it needs to have customizeable options.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I'm soooooooooo sorry that my idea for the teen curfew was really stupid I won't post any more of my stupid ideas ever again :'( I'll just sit back and play my Sims 4 and I might not even upload to the gallery anymore :'(

Your ideas are always welcome :) People posting in this thread are supporting variations on your idea. It's a discussion forum, and we're discussing ways your idea would work for us :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    I hated TS3's forced curfew, it was way too intrusive. I'm still shocked whenever I see someone asking for it to make a return but hey, that's what makes this game so great, we all play it differently.

Hopefully it will be more player-driven if its ever implemented in TS4. We should have the option to turn it off or at least make parents remove the curfew if we don't like it.
  • Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    I'm sure they'll bring back a curfew for Teens and younger. Possibly around the time Generations is added? A global control in the options could allow us to enable/disable certain features.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member

Your ideas are always welcome :) People posting in this thread are supporting variations on your idea. It's a discussion forum, and we're discussing ways your idea would work for us :)

This.

I didn't mean to upset you. I was saying I like the idea in general, I'd just like more options than we had for TS3. Your idea definitely wasn't stupid. :-)
  • Options
    DanaKScullyFBlDanaKScullyFBl Posts: 355 Member
    Its ok sweetie, just dealing with some Real Life family stuff and it just hit really hard today I'm so sorry I snapped at everyone *hugs* Forgive me?
  • Options
    CharlieGothCharlieGoth Posts: 192 Member
    The curfew as an optional feature would be pretty cool. That way, you can set your household rules in terms of how late you let your teenagers/kids be outside.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I don't mind it as a choice but a mandatory teen curfew would ruin a lot of the game play I love right now that centers around teen only households.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    I don't know how it would work in a closed world.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Only if My teens can evade them.

but I don't see a point, the worlds aren't dangerous/sketchy enough for a curfews. Oasis Springs maybe...
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    ajb26simsajb26sims Posts: 4 New Member
    I like the curfew option because I think there should be some rules for teens. Although, the option to turn it off and on would be a good idea depending on if the family is laid back, or strict - as others have mentioned. I actually miss the sneaking out, getting caught, going to jail part of playing the Sims.

Added Suggestions:

- Children should also have a curfew like 7pm, and teens 9pm. If the children are out without a parent or teen, the child will be brought home by Social Services. Then, Social Services would give a sit down talk with parents about watching their children more (warnings for parents and children as well as other moodlets for this except NPC's). If there child continues to be unsupervised, there would be more warnings then ultimately Social Services would take the child from the home permanently. (Moodlets: "sad, I want my child back, glad he/she is gone, anger, etc. Also, the parent would cry for a certain amount of days, or laugh depending on personality).

-For teens, they would be picked up by police. Their parents would be called to come get them at the police station, and the teen as well as parents would get a warning that if the teen does this again he or she would go to jail for 10 hours (warning moodlets for parents and teens as well as other moodlets for this except NPC's). The more they disobey, the more time in jail they would get every time. So the third time being picked up would result in 20 hours, fourth time 30 hours, and so forth until ultimately the teen is placed on house arrest for 3-5 days (giving moodlets of "stir crazy, want out, so unfair, who cares". Also, feelings of anger, sad, or the teen sims would constantly cry throughout the 5 days, or stay angry). If they miss school because of this, automatically the school would be alerted and send home homework/classwork by mail carrier or by a special NPC deliverer.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I rather kids have a curfew then teens because I usually let my teens be out all night or late depending on my mood in TS3.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,759 Member
    ajb26sims wrote: »
    I like the curfew option because I think there should be some rules for teens. Although, the option to turn it off and on would be a good idea depending on if the family is laid back, or strict - as others have mentioned. I actually miss the sneaking out, getting caught, going to jail part of playing the Sims.

Added Suggestions:

- Children should also have a curfew like 7pm, and teens 9pm. If the children are out without a parent or teen, the child will be brought home by Social Services. Then, Social Services would give a sit down talk with parents about watching their children more (warnings for parents and children as well as other moodlets for this except NPC's). If there child continues to be unsupervised, there would be more warnings then ultimately Social Services would take the child from the home permanently. (Moodlets: "sad, I want my child back, glad he/she is gone, anger, etc. Also, the parent would cry for a certain amount of days, or laugh depending on personality).

-For teens, they would be picked up by police. Their parents would be called to come get them at the police station, and the teen as well as parents would get a warning that if the teen does this again he or she would go to jail for 10 hours (warning moodlets for parents and teens as well as other moodlets for this except NPC's). The more they disobey, the more time in jail they would get every time. So the third time being picked up would result in 20 hours, fourth time 30 hours, and so forth until ultimately the teen is placed on house arrest for 3-5 days (giving moodlets of "stir crazy, want out, so unfair, who cares". Also, feelings of anger, sad, or the teen sims would constantly cry throughout the 5 days, or stay angry). If they miss school because of this, automatically the school would be alerted and send home homework/classwork by mail carrier or by a special NPC deliverer.

I don't think that teenagers should be put under house arrest just for skipping curfew, technically curfew should be parent-oriented then town-oriented like others said. I think teens should only be put under house arrest if they like steal from one of the Magonia Blossom store (or a store you made yourself but your sims doesn't work there themselves. Since in my head in my current game-I have Sims A and B (parents) give their 'spoiled' daughter a curfew of 11pm but the 'Cinderella' daughter, has a curfew of 10pm unless she's transporting Daughter A to some place or other or one of Daughter A's "Plastic" friends.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    ajb26sims wrote: »

Added Suggestions:

Yeah, I definitely don't want anything as restrictive as this in my game. I like to play it my way without the game dictating how my teens will behave and when they will be forced back to the home lot. If you play families then it's easy enough to 'force' your own curfew on the teens by making them go back to the home lot at a certain time.

I also just don't think we will get NPC police back that would be able to enforce the curfew anyway. So it would be a case of the teen suddenly being teleported back 'home' with a text message informing the player that the teen was out after curfew. Yuk, that would be boring.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    Yes but I want teens to go to Gaol and be there for overnight at most like when in real life you get put in a cell overnight if your drunk
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    that would be a worst case though
    but you can control them in Gaol
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I wouldn't! That's one of the few things TS4 has for me over TS3. The riddance of that awful, annoying curfew! I hated that!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    I'd like an optional teen curfew, one I could set either for a whole world (if there were NPC police to enforce it) or for a particular household (with the option to be punished). It would be good for gameplay. What I don't want is a mandatory one.

I think it is needed. I mean teens out at 2-3 am on a school night? It was annoying in TS3, but it could be fun in TS4.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    sorry op but i clearly do not went to see curfews return that was annoying
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    spivoskispivoski Posts: 299 Member
    Sometimes in TS3, I would have a teen live by themselves. That's when the curfew would get annoying.
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited March 2016
    Yes,they definitely need to add curfew for this game. Bring on Generations!!! They need a curfew because in my game ,my little kids would be out until 3 am .And walking around town when they should be at school from 8am to 3pm.
    Post edited by beville on