Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone collect figures?

icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
I've always been fascinated by miniature sculptures and action figures, and recently I've been buying figures/figurines of characters that I like. :)

What matters most to me is detail, since I don't want a figure to resemble a misshapen potato more than the character it's supposed to be modeled after. I usually prefer ones that are at least 1:6 in scale, but slightly smaller figures are okay if they look great. I don't really need poseable joints, but they're a nice bonus.

I recently purchased my first Hot Toys product online; it's the Captain America/Steve Rogers combination from The Winter Soldier. The price is a bit steep, but the attention to detail is amazing. :) I've also bought pre-order video game figurines in the past, mostly from Ubisoft. I'm thinking of getting Black Widow, Aerith Gainsborough, or Rinoa Heartilly next, since I haven't gotten any heroines yet.

Sure, you can't really do much apart from pose and display, but aren't they pretty to look at?
Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?

Comments

• Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    I love pop vinyl figures. They're so cute.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    I have no words for this...
    25i95a8.jpg
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    They're worth more if you leave them in the box/package.

I used to buy two Hot Wheels Car when I was little. One was for displaying, the other was for me to play with.

Anyone remember the "Fast 111's" Cars (made by Kenner). They are the ones that had one-of-a-kind license plates? I wish I could find more of those for my collection. The ones I've found on eBay are out or in rough package grading.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    edited March 2016
    I have a number of them on display at my work desk. The funny part is the ones at my work desk have their weapons aimed at the front door. When you visit my place, the "welcoming committee" includes Deathstroke, Deadshot, Harley Quinn, and Huntress. I also have Funko Pops of Deadpool and Deathstroke, plus a Joe Namath McFarlan figurine at my gaming desk. I also have extra Rose Wilson figures from the HeroClix games at both desks.

I don't collect them to collect dust. I love displaying them.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    I love pop vinyl figures. They're so cute.

I know some people who like those. :) They're not really my thing though, because I prefer more realistic figures.
    rosey1579 wrote: »
    I have no words for this...
    25i95a8.jpg

Yeahhh...that one's more on the "misshapen potato" side of things. But I'm sure someone would like that Morrigan thing.
    They're worth more if you leave them in the box/package.

I used to buy two Hot Wheels Car when I was little. One was for displaying, the other was for me to play with.

Oh yeah, I'm aware of that. But I'd rather have them displayed. I even got that Sideshow Commander Shepard with only 250 ever made, and I took it out of the box and assembled him. Now he's on a desk in my room, looking into the distance. I also asked for a Hot Wheels set for Christmas when I was 12, but it was just one of those toy store sets featured on TV. I gave it away years ago.
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    I have a number of them on display at my work desk. The funny part is the ones at my work desk have their weapons aimed at the front door. When you visit my place, the "welcoming committee" includes Deathstroke, Deadshot, Harley Quinn, and Huntress. I also have Funko Pops of Deadpool and Deathstroke, plus a Joe Namath McFarlan figurine at my gaming desk. I also have extra Rose Wilson figures from the HeroClix games at both desks.

I don't collect them to collect dust. I love displaying them.

I also have some of them at my work desk. I never really thought about aiming the weapons at the door, although my desk is some feet away from the entrance. So far, nobody's damaged or stolen anything, so I guess I can trust the people at my office. :p
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    If only the Dragon Age plush makers were as dedicated as the Mass Effect ones. This is bloody adorable.
    3495kyp.jpg
    One day I will finish that game. I will. I will. Maybe this weekend..... Determination; Discipline; Hard Work. That's all I need.
  • Options
    One day I will finish that game. I will. I will. Maybe this weekend..... Determination; Discipline; Hard Work. That's all I need.

And Garrus.

• Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

And Garrus.

Yes. Him too. He kinda looks like an alien Phoenix Wright... And I love me some Phoenix Wright...
  • Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    Kind of. I don't know if you could consider it collecting, but I do have plenty of figures scattered about that I've either bought or got as gifts.

I have a lot of horror movie stuff, such as a Chucky doll, along with his bride (even though I disliked that movie), a Michael Myers figure, a Leatherface figure, a Jason Voorhees bobblehead, and even a Friday the 13th snowglobe, along with a few other things.

I've also recently started collecting statue figures based on mythological figures. So far, I have one for Athena and Sekhmet.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited March 2016
    I collect Pop figures and I keep them in the box. Is that what you call a misshapen potato? :D

My current collection... Pardon the dust.
    25494463510_3260769641_o.jpg
    The next Pop I'm going to get will be Diablo or BB-8 whenever I need to add something extra on Amazon for free shipping.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    I have a ton of amiibos, Sonic the Hedgehog figures, a Spider-Man figure, a Kingdom Hearts figure, and even a Naruto figure, but none are in the packaging; I feel like it's a waste to leave them in the package and not display or use them! That's just my opinion, though! ;)
  • Options
    AFerrari0908AFerrari0908 Posts: 65 Member
    Yes I love collecting them! I have one of the DC figures of Harley Quinn from Arkham Asylum. I want to get the Riddler next, or Poison Ivy.
    If a game I love has a Collector's edition that comes with a figurine I will always get that. I got a Batman statue from Arkham Knight and I will be getting a Nathan Drake statue once Uncharted 4 comes out.
    Gallery: AFerrari0908
    Youtube: ButtonBudds
  • Options

I posted this on my Twitter account two weeks ago. <3
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Yes. Him too. He kinda looks like an alien Phoenix Wright... And I love me some Phoenix Wright...

Calibrations. B)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    SujabesSujabes Posts: 224 Member
    I remember I used to collect wrestling figures, and I had this WWE ring for them.
    AdhggAl.jpg

• Options
    I collect Pop figures and I keep them in the box. Is that what you call a misshapen potato? :D

Nah. The misshapen potatoes are the ones that are supposed to look realistic, but have faces or bodies that look a little...off. Kind of like a cheap knockoff toy.
    Yes I love collecting them! I have one of the DC figures of Harley Quinn from Arkham Asylum. I want to get the Riddler next, or Poison Ivy.
    If a game I love has a Collector's edition that comes with a figurine I will always get that. I got a Batman statue from Arkham Knight and I will be getting a Nathan Drake statue once Uncharted 4 comes out.

What? Uncharted 4 has a Nathan Drake figure? I have to get it. :o I actually saw a 1:6 Drake figure made by Sideshow, but when I looked at photos, his head is a little off. I guess they should just leave the 1:6 figures to Hot Toys.

• Options
    MelaidhrinMelaidhrin Posts: 35 Member
    I have some Ghost in the Shell figures, a Valkyrie Profile one, and way too many amiibos. If I had more room in my apartment I'd probably have more...
    gnome2.png
  • Options
    Aww. I went to my local video game store earlier and they said that the Libertalia edition of Uncharted 4 (the one with the statue) was already out of stock. :\ I did find a seller on eBay who was pre-selling it for $135 plus shipping. It's a bit steep, but not unreasonable. :)

• Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Hey if you happen to know someone who is a really good 3D modeller with Maya or ZBrush & if you find a Printer Store with a 3D Printer Technician, you can make your own customized figurine :smiley:

It's pretty expensive though :sweat_smile:
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    CdpBnb0WEAAApfX.jpg:large
    I picked up Black Widow from the new Marvel Select Avengers: Age of Ultron series tonight.
  • Options
    Esine wrote: »
    Hey if you happen to know someone who is a really good 3D modeller with Maya or ZBrush & if you find a Printer Store with a 3D Printer Technician, you can make your own customized figurine :smiley:

It's pretty expensive though :sweat_smile:

I'm not sure how common 3D printers are here. We're a bit behind on technology. And yeah, if a handmade figure costs a few hundred dollars, a personalized one would probably cost more. I'll pass for now. :)
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    CdpBnb0WEAAApfX.jpg:large
    I picked up Black Widow from the new Marvel Select Avengers: Age of Ultron series tonight.

Looks great! I keep reading that Marvel keeps on excluding Black Widow in their merchandise. I wonder why. She's awesome.

• Options
    Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    I used to enjoy buying those pewter D&D figures at the comic book store and painting them.

I bought one or two mint-in-package Star Trek figurines back in the day, knowing that some of them would escalate in value, but I never pursued it because it's a pretty expensive hobby.

For a while I collected McDonalds happy meal toys when they had cool ones, like the Loony Tunes ones, and displayed them in my cubicle at work. I only did that to be different, because most people keep their desks so BORING.