Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds: A Sims 4 Building & Genetics Challenge (Thread Moved)

Comments

• Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    Ugh I have a problem I have been guys, I have giving the town a make-over. *flails* Anyone else do this?
  • Options
    tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    edited March 2016
    Update!

In the last update, risky woohoo did the thing and now Absinthe Hernandez and Derek Blazedell are expecting a baby!

03-07-16_11-17-51c2a0am.png
    Turns out, I need to turn down risky woohoo because Pauline is expecting an 'oops baby' as well. At least they can't judge Absinthe and Derek now. :p

03-07-16_11-18-13c2a0am.png
    My thoughts exactly, Levi. Poor guy...first his teenage daughter gets knocked up, then his wife turns up pregnant...They're gonna need a bigger house. :tired_face:

03-07-16_12-13-00c2a0pm.png
    Meanwhile, the blissfully ignorant teenagers couldn't be happier. Lol you two just wait until the morning sickness kicks in and you start peeing yourself...it's not so fun then :lol:

03-07-16_12-14-15c2a0pm.png
    03-07-16_12-14-40c2a0pm.png
    Derek's beyond excited about being a father. He's constantly at Absinthe's side, not wanting to miss one moment of this pregnancy.

03-08-16_10-32-24c2a0am.png
    He even watches over her while she naps...it'd be cute if he didn't look so smug :unamused:

03-07-16_10-29-54c2a0am.png
    With all of the drama going on, I almost forgot about Benny's birthday! They threw a last-minute llamaman-themed birthday party at the bakery to celebrate.

03-07-16_10-30-46c2a0am.png
    Benny couldn't wait to become a teen...his best friend, Honey Newcomb, was already a teenager, and he thought she was the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen.

03-07-16_10-31-41c2a0am.png
    He hoped she'd think of him as more than just a little kid after the party...

03-07-16_10-36-06c2a0am.png
    But she's dating Mathias Hair. Poor Benny wasn't the only one disappointed at that discovery...looks like cousin Daniel had a crush on her too. :/

03-07-16_10-20-37c2a0am.png
    When I found Absinthe passed out on a bench by the bathrooms I knew it was time to get this show on the road so everyone could go home and sleep...

03-07-16_10-37-14c2a0am.png
    Benny blew out the candles, excited for everyone to see him transform into the gorgeous teenager we knew he'd be...

03-07-16_10-40-35c2a0am.png
    ...when Absinthe went into labor and stole all of the attention away from her brother.

03-08-16_10-46-17c2a0am.png
    Absinthe: "Hi, yes, I'm here to give birth. LIKE NOW."

03-08-16_10-47-15c2a0am.png
    Dr.: "Don't worry, this won't hurt at all! I'm a professional. I know what I'm doing."

03-08-16_10-48-24c2a0am.png
    Absinthe: Is that my heart?!?

03-08-16_10-50-45c2a0am.png
    After putting Absinthe's heart back in, the doctor delivered a beautiful little girl.

03-08-16_10-51-30c2a0am.png
    Everyone, meet Margaret Blazedell.

03-08-16_10-56-34c2a0am.png
    Derek was certainly ready to have a baby; he's such a great dad.

03-08-16_10-57-23c2a0am.png
    Hopefully Margaret will keep him busy long enough for them to get their own house and have stable jobs before he wants more kids... :confounded:

Edit: Oh, and I almost forgot...here's Benny as a teen!
    03-07-16_11-01-03c2a0am.png
    He's now Insane and Childish, with the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration. I want him to have the grilled cheese aspiration though...anyone know how to unlock it?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @JordanNicoleJJ - I think it's from eating a lot of grilled cheese sandwiches.

As for MC Command Center pregnancy settings, does anyone else use the option to make sims no longer have babies?
  • Options
    jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    @OJenn yeah, it was very funny that the Hair family all were bald and naked. LOL They've been fixed now. As for the MC thing, I didn't know there was an option to stop the couples from having babies. That could come in handy.

@JordanNicoleJJ aww look at Levi's face. He thought he was done with babies. It's sweet how good Derek is. He's a real keeper. Poor Benny didn't get his girl. There's still hope, she could always break up with Mathias. Congrats on Margaret.
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

• Options
    jazen wrote: »
    @OJenn yeah, it was very funny that the Hair family all were bald and naked. LOL They've been fixed now. As for the MC thing, I didn't know there was an option to stop the couples from having babies. That could come in handy.

JordanNicoleJJ aww look at Levi's face. He thought he was done with babies. It's sweet how good Derek is. He's a real keeper. Poor Benny didn't get his girl. There's still hope, she could always break up with Mathias. Congrats on Margaret.

Yup sure is! It's under Sim Flags > Flag no Offspring
    And you can always turn this back on whenever you want of course. And it's only for the sim you have selected so the town will carry on as risky as ever :smiley:
  • Options
    Mini Update (Family Tree)
    Not a whole lot has happened in my game past skilling and family time. But here's a look at what's up.

John and Vera are still in love, I always find them kissing or hugging somewhere.
    tumblr_o3uh5mA8DF1tn6pi8o3_1280.png

The youngest and final child for this generation had a party to celebrate the oncoming teendom with her big bros
    tumblr_o3uh8kAaye1tn6pi8o1_1280.png

I'd say she turned out quite alright, minus the cake that's lodged inside her abdomen :lol:
    tumblr_o3uhibSVIx1tn6pi8o1_1280.png

The party wasn't the greatest but hey when everyone looks like this I know they all had a good time
    (Left to right: Azure, Jacqueline Bradley, Vera (in the back there), Jonah, Adriel and Eloise Kessler)
    tumblr_o3uhmjQwJT1tn6pi8o3_1280.png

Adriel has been working on his aspiration a lot and Vera is right there to support him when she isn't tending the garden
    tumblr_o3uhdaYlog1tn6pi8o3_1280.png

And when he isn't mixing he is getting some quality time in with his bro Edward Blazedell (the great grandson of Derek Blazedell)
    tumblr_o3uhg2J1xT1tn6pi8o1_1280.png

Azure, on the other hand, prefers her time at home with her books and her cousin Edith
    tumblr_o3uhwcTpxt1tn6pi8o4_1280.png
  • Options
    **Update Time**

We open with Elly telling Paco the good news.
    CLLVe5f.png

Of course he's excited to be expanding their family.
    3PD3xss.png

When Brynn gets home from school, they all spend some family time together. Paco helps with homework and then Elly shares the news that she's going to be a big sister. She took it well.
    cbPkquK.png
    83Ynuh9.png

Elly makes sure Brynn knows this doesn't change how much they love her.
    OqsiTyT.png

Grammy Nova comes over so Elly can get some sleep.
    twYw4X9.png
    XSnMFSu.png

No one has cooked so poor Brynn has cereal for dinner.
    O7ym77i.png

Elly shares the good news with Nova after her nap. Nova is very excited.
    MA9Y2sT.png

Father/Daughter snuggles
    WPOI0yy.png

Already playing with her new sibling.
    4vZRCJh.png

Paco is a happy man. Even with his sleep bar on red, he has a smile on his face.
    ZFflXEx.png

Family breakfast. So Elly wasn't the most endowed sim before the pregnancy, but boy has she grown. LOL Paco's not complaining ;)
    KxMmjpe.png

He loves his girls.
    KqaT2p5.png

The love is still there. :)
    lAy4Vtn.png

Sent Brynn to the park to play with the potential mates. For some reason Landon didn't stick around. He ran home no sooner than they got there.
    bdoHALK.png
    8hMJjU8.png

Paco making sure Elly is comfortable.
    exLCQ9b.png

So one minute Elly is cleaning the sink.
    EMl5GNn.png

The next I see this. Did her water break???
    XMq9q58.png

After they get Brynn safely off to school, it's off to the hospital. Relax Paco, she's a doctor, she knows what she's doing. LOL
    0Ylg9Y0.png

Man, if only it was that easy to lose the baby weight.
    H9Gus4C.png

Welcome baby Kale.
    SE5VIiK.png

Daddy snuggle before aging up.
    0fuFSg5.png

He is a music lover like his sister. His aspiration is rambunctious scamp.
    hz9l7MC.png

I think he's going to end up with Paco's face shape, just maybe not as defined. He has Ellys' mouth and nose. Once again those green eyes won out. :)
    jSBMwv3.jpg

I did as suggested and removed Elly's makeup to better see her eyes. Both kids have her eye shape.
    UiEOfhT.jpg

• Options
    @OJenn thanks for letting me know about the MC settings.

John and Vera are so cute. Love her with the glasses. The kids all ages up nicely. Vera and John made some nice looking offspring!

• Options
    @jazen - I think both kids have some variation of Elly's lips too! I can never really tell when they are that young, thing become more defined when they are teens though so looking forward to that.
  • Options
    sarallissarallis Posts: 77 Member
    Really wanting to try this out, but I feel like I am WAY late to the game. lol how many generations do ya'll have so far, on average? Not that I can catch up, but still, just to see how far behind I am.. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @OJenn I agree, I think most of their facial features are from Elly right now. That may change once they age up, I'm eager to see how it goes.

Edit: Question. I know that in order to have the tombstones you need the elder to die on your lot. What is everyone doing with them? Are you keeping them on the home lot or are you building a cemetery for them? As I played yesterday, both Jasper and Nova hit elder :( so I'll be moving them into the house with Paco. Malia inherits her family home.

@sarallis I'm new here. I'm only on gen. 2. There's another @debjameswhite who is still working on gen. 1 so you're fine to join at anytime. :)

• Options
    @jazen oh that's perfect!! I'll get started tonight then!! Not a member yet, so I can't post pictures or anything, but still! It'll be fun!! Love that this gives me a new way to play!
  • Options
    debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    @sarallis Welcome! @jazen is right! Please come join us :). I am still working on generation one, I'm just about to marry off my first child :). When I first fell in love with this thread I had even fewer posts than you did. You will be up to 30 in no time and if people like your posts like they did mine, you will be a member who can post pictures quicker than you think! I know when I was finally ready to start posting I went on a few random posts and just made some comments or played some "games" to get myself up there. Can't wait to see your founders!
  • Options
    Thank you @debjameswhite!! I appreciate the warm welcome and encouragement!! I have been reading this thread for a few days, just trying to read everyone's stories, but there are so many pages, I couldn't catch up! lol I'm excited to get started!! Come on work day! I'm ready to get started! :smiley:
  • Options
    iamduniamdun Posts: 514 Member
    edited March 2016
    @JordanNicoleJJ great update! Unlock the grill cheese aspiration by eating a number of grilled cheeses consecutively. Rickey unlocked it after 3. Before Dylan tried and Elby but unfortunately it wasn't consecutively. Lol.

Welcome Margret! Can't wait to see what happens next! So much drama! :)

@sarallis Welcome!! It is never too late. I started the same way you did! Can't wait to see your updates!

@OJenn Azure is beautiful! Vera and John are still so cute!

@jazen Little Kale is cute! He looks like his big brother!

lol Elby was wondering what he’d got himself into

@amadazulsim Derek is a great choice, glad is he getting to know both the girls!

@dejameswhite Sylvan Glade is one of the unlock able worlds/lots. Elby had to water and talk to that tree, then the tree opened up and he had to choose the right path to take. It then took him to a beautify little pond where he could fish and there are some plants there too! Pics coming soon.

Welcome baby Saqui and congrats on the cow plant! Oh my, can’t wait to see the new baby, at least Saqui would have a playmate :)

Post edited by iamdun on
  • Options
    Welcome aboard @sarallis
    Glad to see you are going to be joining in on the fun!
  • Options
    KildareFaerlynnKildareFaerlynn Posts: 122 Member
    @sarallis Good luck! <3 I hope you get to be a full member soon! Hugs
    QIhBg2C.png
  • Options
    Wow!!! Thank you @iamdun, @OJenn , and @KildareFaerlynn !! Really feeling the love here!! :D <3
  • Options
    Francisca464Francisca464 Posts: 738 Member
    @iamdun LOL, poor Elby, the twins talk his ears off. Sylvan Glade is beautiful huh? I wish we could throw wedding parties there. I like that in your updates Elby seems like the motherly type, while Rickey is more the father. Might be just me though, or do you get that feeling too when you play them?

@amadazulsim Wooo, Derek! Nice that you are working the other way around, letting the girls decide who wants to be with him haha. It will be quite interesting to see who 'wins'.

@debjameswhite Hahah that's quite an observation, I hadn't thought about the fact Rose could be jealous. I'm not sure why she stood watching over them, I did move her out the day after though :mrgreen: Are the twins' new friends all the potential mates? I thought I recognized Vincent. LOL @ the old woman, grumpy one. I also laughed at the little comic you made, with David being all proud of his cooking. I understand that everybody in your family is a little confused by all the babies, haha.

@peachprincessangel Bulldozing Willow Creek is quite devastating indeed, but rebuilding it is fun! How come your computer crashed? :astonished:

@jazen Yep, a BEO original hehe. Roses dress is one of my favorite CC dresses right now, I believe it's from TSR. LOL, the Hairs without hair sounds like a pun. Did you fix it with base game hair? Elly looks adorable, when I see her in your updates I kinda regret having a female heir for gen 1 hehe. I think the water was from the sink that broke, but it's a nice touch to your labor pic :joy: I'm happy Paco and Elly's second child is a boy, now you have one of each gender! :smile: I think Kale is the best mix of his parents for now.

@JordanNicoleJJ O dear, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 you risky woohoo. How did Levi and Pauline respond to Absinthes pregnancy? Poor Benny, almost forgotten, story of his life haha. He did get a nice party though, I was a bith sad for him that Honey was already taken. He's very handsome though, so I'm sure he'll find a pretty girl. Does the machine take the women's hearts out? :neutral: I always thought it was assembling a baby with different parts. Welcome baby Margaret! Beautiful name :smile:

@OJenn When you wrote that, I had just found out about the setting to make sims no longer have babies. I also started flagging the males in 'opposite sex'-relationship to always be the initiator when it comes to trying for baby. All the males in my save started waddling around, which seemed kinda unnatural haha. I LOVE Vera's new look. She looks sophisticated. Your picture of Adriel working on his mixology skill also reminded me of my generation 1, where Nicola used to mix drinks for Makawee haha.

@sarallis Hey there, welcome to the thread! Lots of people have told you by now, but don't doubt about starting this challenge. It doesn't matter some people are way ahead, because there are also people just starting. And in time, there'll probably be more newcomers. I liked all your comments, so that you will hopefully become a full member faster! Can't wait to see your starters :smile:
  • Options
    LunarMoon88LunarMoon88 Posts: 297 Member
    @sarallis yay I'm so excited to see your founder couple! I always love seeing new sims <3
  • Options
    KildareFaerlynnKildareFaerlynn Posts: 122 Member
    @sarallis You're very welcome! People here are lovely and very helpful!! Huggies
    QIhBg2C.png
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I've played so, so much this past week, so I have tons of pictures to share. I'll just start with the first batch now. FYI: I moved Rose out of the house again, since she's almost a YA and I wanted MC to marry her and Mathias. And there was another reason, that you'll see in the update. It starts with L :wink:

9628cfb726.jpg
    The newlyweds had a few more days off, so they decided to spend the next few days together doing fun stuff. After sleeping in, Ridge called the theater to make movie reservations.

76bf5b6c66.jpg
    Ridge: 'I need to get tickets, sweetie.'
    Lavender: 'I know, be back soon, I'll miss you.'
    (Seriously, they can't keep their hands off each other for a second)

83488151ea.jpg
    Tickets are in the pocket.

5e9ab6951c.jpg
    Lavender: 'Two big Café Lattes, please?'

5274f7e162.jpg
    Ridge: 'Here, sweet pea, catch!'

2f01b2824a.jpg
    Once they received their orders, they moved to their seats. Ridge picked an action movie, but seemed to be afraid to watch it.

5f41231963.jpg
    They didn't see much of the movie, too busy cuddling I guess.

dd33cfc2a4.jpg
    Lavender didn't want to go home immediately afer the movie, so they had a drink at a Windenburg bar.

7a1f059236.jpg
    There they ran into Ridges mother Paola, who is heavily pregnant with Ridges half-sibling. (To refresh your memories: she married Derek Blazedells father)

ca8e173515.jpg
    Ridge wanted to feel the baby, he's quite excited he's gonna be a big brother.

2c3097f51e.jpg
    His hands must be magic, because it prompted her to go into labor.

dbcecf1cd2.jpg
    When Ridge went to the toilet for a minute, Paola (despite in labor) sat down to chat to her new daughter-in-law.

598553e8bc.jpg
    I'm not sure what story Lav is telling, it looks extreme...

97ae011f1a.jpg
    Hey! Guys! Where are you g

nAR5C.jpg
    oing. O...

nAR6X.jpg
    Well, yes, that's part of the honeymoon too. After the bush actions, the young couple went home, only to find a surprise at their doorstep.

nARSw.jpg
    Lavender: 'Mom? Dad? What's going on? Why do you have suitcases with you?'
    Liam: 'Hey princess, surprise! I told you I would be around.'

nARSV.jpg
    Lavender: 'Huh? But...'
    Liam: 'Aren't you happy to see us?'
    Lavender: 'Of course I am, just... confused?'
    Julianna: 'Liam, stop teasing that girl. Come here honey, I'll explain, but first give me a hug.'

nAS4Q.jpg
    Lavender: 'Hi mom.'
    Julianna: 'Hello dear, it's good to see you.'

nAS5d.jpg
    Lavender: 'It's good to see you too. Now, what's going on?'
    Julianna: 'Well, if it's not too much trouble, we would like to stay here for a while. Our house is so busy nowadays, the twins keep inviting people over and Mathias moved in too. Besides, we're not getting any younger, your father grows more forgetful with each day. We just hoped you could take care of us until... you know.'
    Lavender: O, mom. Of course, youre are more than welcome to stay here.'
    Liam: 'Hey, where am I?'

nAToX.jpg
    Julianna, Liam and Lavender watched a movie while Ridge prepared one of the spare rooms for his in-laws.

db7800b15c.jpg
    When he was done, Liam went straight to bed. Julianna wanted to finish her latest book first.

6b45099c5b.jpg
    And with that, she finally completed her aspiration.

44ba0196c0.jpg
    Lavender actually enjoys the full breakfast table, now she gets to cook a whole lot more than when it's just her and Ridge.

fa84d27610.jpg
    Liam retired from his job as Chief of Police, because I received the notification that Liam doesn't have much time left (NO! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT :bawling:)

4c9dd1af23.jpg
    I'll finish this update with a gift for the Ridge-fans. He was singing in the shower and I just had to take a pic :wink:

Happy simming for now, everyone. And I hope you all have a great weekend!
  • Options
    Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    Thanks to those who wished me well on my trip. Unfortunately it wasn't a fun one. My Mom had to have triple heart bypass, so my husband and I made the 3 hour trip to be there. She did really well, but is still in the ICU recovering and will be on a ventilator for some time. It's scary, but her doctor expects her to do well. So I just got home and had the chance to read through everyone's updates and conversations I missed.

I loved everyone's updates so much! <3 I'm gonna be going out of town again tomorrow, this time for a fun reason. We're going to Busch Gardens :) So I'll do all of my individual comments, and hopefully post an update when I get back. Happy Simming!

Oh and welcome @sarallis I look forward to seeing your founding couple! :)
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • Options
    @Heckstress17 O no, that's serious. I can imagine it's incredibly scary. I'm glad she is alright, even though she has to recover. If the doctors are confident, that's at least some solace. I hope she'll feel better soon.

Have fun in Busch Gardens :smile: What is it exactly? (I'm from The Netherlands, so I'm oblivious haha)
  • Options
    Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    @Heckstress17 O no, that's serious. I can imagine it's incredibly scary. I'm glad she is alright, even though she has to recover. If the doctors are confident, that's at least some solace. I hope she'll feel better soon.

Have fun in Busch Gardens :smile: What is it exactly? (I'm from The Netherlands, so I'm oblivious haha)

Thank you! <3

Busch Gardens is an amusement park. We're all really excited to ride some roller coasters. :)

Origin ID:Heckstress17