Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Imagine toddlers were objects too ...

Imagine when we eventually get toddlers they will function as babies , just a toddler in a crib that You can't carry around or release in the world .
What would be Your reaction ?
Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg

Comments

• Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    Furious/Annoyed....not really surprised. That would probably seal the deal of not buying the game for me.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    If I were still playing? Guess I'd just have to age them up twice in a row.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Shocked, definitely. I would expect better from the devs and expect them to learn from their mistake. I don't expect them to do this though, they definitely know better than this.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I'd probably quit TS4 for awhile out of disappointment. :p
  • Options
    kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    Furious/Annoyed....
    They‘d better not put toddlers into the game if they are just objects like babies.
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    I'd quit TS4 indefinitely! oh, wait, I'm already doing that now!
  • Options
    SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    edited March 2016
    I'd be really upset as for me toddlers are a very big part of The Sims and also are usually essential to the families I create in my games and stories :) however don't think this will happen. I think EA have an expansion pack planned with toddlers and pre-teens, both of which I think will be patched in to the game :)

I have every faith that we will get toddlers back this year and that they won't be objects :)

Ah I just saw your avatar @DevilNDisguise :) He looks awesome!! I love it :)

Matthew.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    I am not really a family player, so I wouldn't really care. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    snowdustmelodysnowdustmelody Posts: 385 Member
    I'd go catatonic.
    tumblr_mfgza8NCk51qfwt9io1_500.gif

• Options
    foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    edited March 2016
    I dont care if that happens, people wanted toddlers, they got. NO COMPLAINTS :V

What if toddlers will be baseball bats
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited March 2016
    tumblr_nuay8wk8Hw1thcfreo1_500.gif
    Worst nightmare :o
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I wouldn't mind, but I wouldn't be too happy either, since that would be a low blow for people who really wanted toddlers. I don't play with babies/children so I guess it won't make a big difference for me.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Imagine when we eventually get toddlers they will function as babies , just a toddler in a crib that You can't carry around or release in the world .
    The human emotional equivalent of a nuclear explosion.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    My reaction would be: okay, not interested, sorry.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    Honestly...disappointment. Then glee because I would jump straight to the forums and laugh at the reactions from people!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Do you want me to be honest? A cursing streak.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised.
    Then I'd just skip it like I skip the baby stage in TS4
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    it would feel like a great disturbance in the world , as if millions of voices of hope suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    I'd deal with it - as long as I could skill it up, etc.

I'd skill up a dishwasher, if there was an option to do it.
  • Options
    SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    Who in their right mind would want to imagine this?! xD
  • Options
    Slawfish wrote: »
    Who in their right mind would want to imagine this?! xD

lol, Maxis.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Well.. if the option was this or not have them at all? I don't know. I would be extremely conflicted. They're the lifestage where I bond with my Sim. I can imagine that bonding being very limited if they were tied to an object.
    But is that better than nothing? I don't know.
  • Options
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    Well.. if the option was this or not have them at all? I don't know. I would be extremely conflicted. They're the lifestage where I bond with my Sim. I can imagine that bonding being very limited if they were tied to an object.

The old saying is if you are going to do something, do it right or not at all...so...I would not buy that EP, GP or SP or use that patch, either. I stopped playing kids in this game months ago, or teens, or elders...there isn't a point to playing them or especially babies, when they are not done properly.
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    KatyJay88 wrote: »

The old saying is if you are going to do something, do it right or not at all...so...I would not buy that EP, GP or SP or use that patch, either. I stopped playing kids in this game months ago, or teens, or elders...there isn't a point to playing them or especially babies, when they are not done properly.

Same here. I stopped family play a while ago. When I do load it up, it's because I'm in the mood to live the single YA life. And this game has actually forced me to try new styles of play, and in a way I'm glad because it's brought me out of my comfort zone and allowed me to see that this game does have awesome things to offer. I'm just looking forward to the day that family play (by which I mean life stages other than YA get tons of content and game play) is brought into the game in a real way. I can see this game being amazing, but for now I have my S3 :smile:
  • Options
    @KatyJay88, sure but playing a single Sim in this game has it's own limits. The other games offered much more there, too, with other states, like vamps or werewolf etc. Or wizard or witch. The singular Sim has many limits, too. I know everyone wants to point out TS3 and it's EP releases but I'm looking at TS1 and TS2 and when other life states and more things to do were added...early the first year...so..it's been impossible I guess since family isn't in the base. And there is the problem. No need to add family later in the earlier games because they are in the bases (military school etc. if no toddler etc.) and why we have to go through this drudgery to get a full complete base game after several years. I mean who would have thought we had to buy a hot tub? extra cash for a SP or GP. :|