Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your prediction for The Sims 4 is: ....

Comments

• Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    SimsFur wrote: »
    Isnt it funny how they sold this basegame as: strong and able to build high up from there. They said they would rather focus on a strong core game, so they could add almost anything they wanted to on it.

But all i hear is: Impossible, cant do it, too much work, coding wont let us for now (or ever) etc. Guess that basegame isnt so strong after all.

Really? The answers I most often see are along the lines of, "anything's possible in the future." Weird.

Yes, that is SimGuruSarah's keyboard macro. She is using that on twitter A LOT when someone is asking about something.
  • Options
    Anna_vel_annAAnna_vel_annA Posts: 36 Member
    I do not know if this is the right place to ask, if not, please be gentle ;) Some time ago we could paint in sims 4 paintings from CC to NO CC. The option is gone now, anyone is hoping for it to get back? We could create original paintings NO CC for gamers, it was real fun.

All the best for a lovely weekend!
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Slawfish wrote: »
    My prediction is Sims 4 will outlast all of it's predecessors with at least double the life span. We will get more content than ever before, not only old favourites but new content people have been asking for for years. My reasoning for this is based on how the game was stylized to be more timeless (it'll age well) and because of the choices they have made so far in developement. I think we're at that stage now when we truly want more out of the sims as a game. There's only so much content you can release within 5 years and that time line is simply not enough to satisfy the expectations of old content returning in addition to giving people new content.
    I don't think anyone would disagree that a game like sims could never really be complete from a development point of view. There is and has always been more that you could add to it.

While there are a few games that have lasted ten years or longer, those are mainly online games. I don't see The Sims 4 lasting that long because I don't think many of the players are going to want to stick around that long for the same ole, same ole. You might think this game will age well, but it's already dated. Will people still be taking selfies in ten years? Will people still be obsessed with social media in ten years? Heck, will the world even be stable ten years from now?

Then there's the problem of the technology. I think it's a given that the gaming industry as a whole will have made some changes in the next ten years, and there's no reason to believe that the Sims 4 will be able to adapt to the changing technology. If we Sims players who started playing with The Sims have stuck around for 16 years, it's only because the game was constantly changing and offering us something new. EA knew enough to make sequels every five years that we could all get excited for, and keep us coming back for more. We haven't been playing exactly the same game for ten years; it's changed over time, although it retains the same name, just with a number added to the name. I doubt TS4 could hold my interest for 10 years, let alone make me willing to spend the hundreds of <insert your country's currency here> that it would take to add new content to the game.

I think your estimate is wishful thinking.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2016
    Slawfish wrote: »
    My prediction is Sims 4 will outlast all of it's predecessors with at least double the life span. We will get more content than ever before, not only old favourites but new content people have been asking for for years. My reasoning for this is based on how the game was stylized to be more timeless (it'll age well) and because of the choices they have made so far in developement. I think we're at that stage now when we truly want more out of the sims as a game. There's only so much content you can release within 5 years and that time line is simply not enough to satisfy the expectations of old content returning in addition to giving people new content.
    I don't think anyone would disagree that a game like sims could never really be complete from a development point of view. There is and has always been more that you could add to it.

TS4 has to outlast the other predecessors especially since we only got one EP in the first year, GTW, and GT, the first EP in the second year, only added one feature. I know people complain about too many SP's and that may be seen as a lot of gameplay content but it really isn't.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    My prediction for Sim4? I will never buy it and that is the saddest thing I've ever typed on this forum :(
  • Options
    HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member
    My predictions:

Toddlers will come either this year or next. They may be patched in or a mini pack that exists on origin as a free download. It'll contain the bare minimum for the life stage, and drop shortly before a paid pack with more toddler stuff.

I will be super excited and the rest of the forums will be furious about something.

Seasons will happen just as they always have. The world setup won't impede it at all, though it might mean the pack comes later in this generation's run or that the pack might be light on other content.

I will be interested (not a big fan of seasons) and the rest of the forums will be furious about something.

Cars will make a return and function similarly to TS2's. They will come in an expansion or game pack. MAYBE one or two models will be patched in.

I will be so happy my Sims don't have to run (or in the case of tired Sims, sloooowly shamble) to the edge of the public space all the time anymore, and the rest of the forums will be furious about something.

We will stop seeing supernaturals being added so regularly with packs. Instead we'll see a trend of them being added in packs that are specifically supernatural themed.

I'll be happy that I can have more choice about how and when I add supernatural elements to my game, and the rest of the forums will be furious about something.

I will enjoy this tongue-in-cheek comment of mine, and the rest of the forums will be furious about something.
  • Options
    My predictions:

Toddlers will come either this year or next. They may be patched in or a mini pack that exists on origin as a free download. It'll contain the bare minimum for the life stage, and drop shortly before a paid pack with more toddler stuff.

I will be super excited and the rest of the forums will be furious about something.

Seasons will happen just as they always have. The world setup won't impede it at all, though it might mean the pack comes later in this generation's run or that the pack might be light on other content.

I will be interested (not a big fan of seasons) and the rest of the forums will be furious about something.

Cars will make a return and function similarly to TS2's. They will come in an expansion or game pack. MAYBE one or two models will be patched in.

I will be so happy my Sims don't have to run (or in the case of tired Sims, sloooowly shamble) to the edge of the public space all the time anymore, and the rest of the forums will be furious about something.

We will stop seeing supernaturals being added so regularly with packs. Instead we'll see a trend of them being added in packs that are specifically supernatural themed.

I'll be happy that I can have more choice about how and when I add supernatural elements to my game, and the rest of the forums will be furious about something.

I will enjoy this tongue-in-cheek comment of mine, and the rest of the forums will be furious about something.

Devs have said that Seasons will not be a problem when it comes to the world. I guess one good thing in the middle of all this "we can't do it" pile.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited February 2016
    Isnt it funny how they sold this basegame as: strong and able to build high up from there. They said they would rather focus on a strong core game, so they could add almost anything they wanted to on it.

But all i hear is: Impossible, cant do it, too much work, coding wont let us for now (or ever) etc. Guess that basegame isnt so strong after all.

Multitasking, one of their great advertising points for the game seems to be the problem, preventing implementation of a lot of things.

• Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Devs have said that Seasons will not be a problem when it comes to the world. I guess one good thing in the middle of all this "we can't do it" pile.

I will remain skeptical of the "we can do it" pile until I see it actually being done.

Until then, the word of the day is: "Things change."

B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Jarsie9 wrote: »

I will remain skeptical of the "we can do it" pile until I see it actually being done.

Those are two words.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Jarsie9 wrote: »

Those are two words.

Picky, picky, picky! :mrgreen:

B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    My predictions are:

- If toddlers come back, they will be in an expansion. I don't think they will be patched in.
    - I predict that the content patches will slow to a stop. I do think we'll continue to get monthly bug fixes, but I think the content that gets added with each patch will be scaled back gradually until the focus of patches is solely to fix or tweak things.
    - We will eventually get pets, but no horses. I do think we'll get at least dogs and cats, though.
    - I think we will eventually see the return of fire fighters.
    - I think we will also see the return of at least one or two of the "normal" career tracks that people have been asking for, like education.
    - I don't think we will ever get functioning cars or bikes. Sims teleport everywhere and the worlds are small. I can't see them spending time and money on vehicles.
    - We will continue to get SPs that use one or two bait items "fan favorites" from the old store or various past expansions. I'm predicting deep fryer and pizza oven.
    - The releases of EPs and GPs will continue to be slow, SPs are going to be the bread and butter of TS4.
    - We may get Seasons, but I think it will look more like TS1 Vacation. I think we'll get new areas to visit that are stuck in perpetual autumn or winter. If not that, then weather will probably be more of an FX thing.
    - Most of the core elements that are still out will not return, like terrain tools, CAW, and CASt. I don't think the game's structure is made for those things, so I don't think they'll happen. For this same reason, I also think that editing neighborhoods is permanently out of this iteration.
    - I think we will always have loading screens to go across the street.
    - I think we will see a Supernatural themed expansion, and that's where most of the occults for this gen will end up. They've basically told us that they're not interested in keeping up the tradition of one occult per pack, so I think we'll see one pack with several. My bet's on "magic school" or Harry Potter themed.
    - I think we'll get a university expansion at some point, but I think it will be more like TS2. It will focus on dorm life and social activities and the university will be an unseen rabbit hole that sims disappear to each day.
    - I think that TS4 may not have a full five year run like the other games. I predict it will be slightly shorter, like perhaps 2 and a half or 3 years. They speak of "limitations" and if the base game is so limited then I'm not hopeful that it can sustain 5 years of rich content. Maybe 5 years of "stuff," but I don't think they'll go that route.
    - I predict that if they make TS5, they'll be more open about talking about the mistakes they made with TS4 when they talk to press. They'll make promises about how TS5 will be different.

Gabbygirl,

There will be content patches as long as we get Gamepacks and Stuffpacks. Content patches often proceed game and stuffpacks so they can add a feature from those into the basegame.
  • Options
    Naia wrote: »
    * The game itself will always remain limited because of its engine (it means we will always have small worlds, not very much of activity to do outside and etc..)
    * We won't see a lot of new careers added (maybe only few ones)
    * I've heard that there will never be a Cast
    * Toddlers will probably will be as objects like babies

SimguruDaniel ruled out toddlers as objects on twitter some time ago.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    My predictions are:

- If toddlers come back, they will be in an expansion. I don't think they will be patched in.
    - I predict that the content patches will slow to a stop. I do think we'll continue to get monthly bug fixes, but I think the content that gets added with each patch will be scaled back gradually until the focus of patches is solely to fix or tweak things.
    - We will eventually get pets, but no horses. I do think we'll get at least dogs and cats, though.
    - I think we will eventually see the return of fire fighters.
    - I think we will also see the return of at least one or two of the "normal" career tracks that people have been asking for, like education.
    - I don't think we will ever get functioning cars or bikes. Sims teleport everywhere and the worlds are small. I can't see them spending time and money on vehicles.
    - We will continue to get SPs that use one or two bait items "fan favorites" from the old store or various past expansions. I'm predicting deep fryer and pizza oven.
    - The releases of EPs and GPs will continue to be slow, SPs are going to be the bread and butter of TS4.
    - We may get Seasons, but I think it will look more like TS1 Vacation. I think we'll get new areas to visit that are stuck in perpetual autumn or winter. If not that, then weather will probably be more of an FX thing.
    - Most of the core elements that are still out will not return, like terrain tools, CAW, and CASt. I don't think the game's structure is made for those things, so I don't think they'll happen. For this same reason, I also think that editing neighborhoods is permanently out of this iteration.
    - I think we will always have loading screens to go across the street.
    - I think we will see a Supernatural themed expansion, and that's where most of the occults for this gen will end up. They've basically told us that they're not interested in keeping up the tradition of one occult per pack, so I think we'll see one pack with several. My bet's on "magic school" or Harry Potter themed.
    - I think we'll get a university expansion at some point, but I think it will be more like TS2. It will focus on dorm life and social activities and the university will be an unseen rabbit hole that sims disappear to each day.
    - I think that TS4 may not have a full five year run like the other games. I predict it will be slightly shorter, like perhaps 2 and a half or 3 years. They speak of "limitations" and if the base game is so limited then I'm not hopeful that it can sustain 5 years of rich content. Maybe 5 years of "stuff," but I don't think they'll go that route.
    - I predict that if they make TS5, they'll be more open about talking about the mistakes they made with TS4 when they talk to press. They'll make promises about how TS5 will be different.

Gabbygirl,

There will be content patches as long as we get Gamepacks and Stuffpacks. Content patches often proceed game and stuffpacks so they can add a feature from those into the basegame.

I know that they tend to add a feature or two to the base to coincide with the release of GPs and SPs. But, they don't really have to add any new objects or content to the base game when they patch. It's just something that they do. What I meant was, I think that we will see a falling off of patches with lots of content and several objects in them (pools, ghosts, etc. things like that). I think over time it'll settle into mostly bug fixes and smaller things.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member

Multitasking, one of their great advertising points for the game seems to be the problem, preventing implementation of a lot of things.

Just because Multitasking is rumoured making certain things more challenging to implement doesn't mean it's not worth it in the end. It also doesn't mean that those challenging things will never get implemented at all. All it means is that Multitasking is a complex feature and rightly so can make things more complex to implement. Very logical in my opinion.
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member

I honestly dont think thats it. And if so, its never an excuse for what EA did to this amazing game series. They could prefectly imply multitasking in the FORTH version of this game and combine it with older and newer features as well.
    There are so many discussion going on how in older games certain features worked well together and how in the sims 4 almost everything is like missing impossible to the devs. I understand that many players want to believe EA cares as much as we do and even with the same intention, but its not.

Btw this wasnt towards what you said obviously, i just started something and had to finish it :p
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    No matter how many stuff packs and EPs will be added to this game, it will always be limited. There will still be the tiny world without cars. You still won't be able to visit your neighbor without a loading screen. You still want be able to coordinate your colors and make your own patterns. And the list goes on. It will still be just as listless and boring as it is now.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    No matter how many stuff packs and EPs will be added to this game, it will always be limited. There will still be the tiny world without cars. You still won't be able to visit your neighbor without a loading screen. You still want be able to coordinate your colors and make your own patterns. And the list goes on. It will still be just as listless and boring as it is now.

If only we could get more worlds the size of Windenburg.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    This is how i predict the future for the sims 4. It wont be fun, but thats what the game has showed me for the passed 1.5 year now.. No fun.

* Cars will never be added
    * Toddlers might come one day.. but not soon! And not free..
    * Loading screens will never dissappear. Sub hoods wil also never be added.
    * They might add some driving cars/walking sims on the map, just as how they add some simple colors to it and half listen to our ideas.
    * CAW will never make it.
    * Supernatural will make it (not my fav, but thats what i think).
    * Culling we never be totally gone, but everytime 'fixed' in an useless EA way. By raising the gap or by removing it and then adding it back, cause of some new expansions that couldnt handle too much freedom for us players.
    * Some new packs we never had before in previous games (that might be one of the good things)
    * NOT so many useful packs and expansions in a short time period as we knew from previous games.
    * They will continue their marketing strageties that completely fail on us, but also them. Things as almost no anouncemens, unanswered questions, no future content, no leaks, no lists of info on whats to come etc.

How do you predict the future for the sims 4? It can be positive or negative. Its what you truly think, not what you wish it will be.

After the Gamescom announcement fail, and all the arguments about GT that followed, I don't think we're going to get a long lead time between pack announcement and release again.

I think toddlers arrive sometime this year, either the next EP this summer or in the winter. They could be free, either patched in or as optional DLC like the first holiday pack.

Loading screens will stay; I'm actually okay with loading screens for going between neighborhoods or towns/worlds, but wish we could get rid of them for within neighborhoods. And there needs to be a way to make Sims at home "smarter" so they'll actually build skills or do homework or daily tasks while you're focusing on another Sim in the household.

Supernatural will return after toddlers.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    This is how i predict the future for the sims 4. It wont be fun, but thats what the game has showed me for the passed 1.5 year now.. No fun.

* Cars will never be added
    * Toddlers might come one day.. but not soon! And not free..
    * Loading screens will never dissappear. Sub hoods wil also never be added.
    * They might add some driving cars/walking sims on the map, just as how they add some simple colors to it and half listen to our ideas.
    * CAW will never make it.
    * Supernatural will make it (not my fav, but thats what i think).
    * Culling we never be totally gone, but everytime 'fixed' in an useless EA way. By raising the gap or by removing it and then adding it back, cause of some new expansions that couldnt handle too much freedom for us players.
    * Some new packs we never had before in previous games (that might be one of the good things)
    * NOT so many useful packs and expansions in a short time period as we knew from previous games.
    * They will continue their marketing strageties that completely fail on us, but also them. Things as almost no anouncemens, unanswered questions, no future content, no leaks, no lists of info on whats to come etc.

How do you predict the future for the sims 4? It can be positive or negative. Its what you truly think, not what you wish it will be.

After the Gamescom announcement fail, and all the arguments about GT that followed, I don't think we're going to get a long lead time between pack announcement and release again.

I think toddlers arrive sometime this year, either the next EP this summer or in the winter. They could be free, either patched in or as optional DLC like the first holiday pack.

Loading screens will stay; I'm actually okay with loading screens for going between neighborhoods or towns/worlds, but wish we could get rid of them for within neighborhoods. And there needs to be a way to make Sims at home "smarter" so they'll actually build skills or do homework or daily tasks while you're focusing on another Sim in the household.

Supernatural will return after toddlers.

That makes no sense. That was just stupid marketing they, need a better marketing team, has nothing to do with knowing future content in advance.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    1. I'm fairly certain that we'll continue to get stuff packs that combine premium objects from TS3 with "stuff" -- clothing, hairstyles, furniture.
    2. I'm also fairly certain that we'll get game packs with a focused theme. I think it's likely that some of these will include vacation destinations, which may have different weather. I'm pretty sure we'll get a game pack devoted to sports and possibly one focused on education.
    3. I don't think we'll get cars as a mode of transportation (who needs to burn fossil fuels when you can just teleport?), but we might get some that you can tinker with.
    4. If we get toddlers, I think they'll come in a free pack, like the holiday stuff did, so that only the people who want them will have to add them. I think they'll be able to make some progress on the child skills, and I'm sure they'll be adorable.
    5. I think we'll continue to get traits, and maybe even more aspirations and careers in patches.
    6. I think the EPs will surprise us with new things, but I don't know what they will be.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    1. I'm fairly certain that we'll continue to get stuff packs that combine premium objects from TS3 with "stuff" -- clothing, hairstyles, furniture.
    2. I'm also fairly certain that we'll get game packs with a focused theme. I think it's likely that some of these will include vacation destinations, which may have different weather. I'm pretty sure we'll get a game pack devoted to sports and possibly one focused on education.
    3. I don't think we'll get cars as a mode of transportation (who needs to burn fossil fuels when you can just teleport?), but we might get some that you can tinker with.
    4. If we get toddlers, I think they'll come in a free pack, like the holiday stuff did, so that only the people who want them will have to add them. I think they'll be able to make some progress on the child skills, and I'm sure they'll be adorable.
    5. I think we'll continue to get traits, and maybe even more aspirations and careers in patches.
    6. I think the EPs will surprise us with new things, but I don't know what they will be.

This would make no sense. Might as well make them EP exclusive because later you will be paying for toddler clothing etc in future EP's and SP's. They are either in a patch or exclusive and I would very like them to be in a patch.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MVWdeZT wrote: »

Cars would make a great makeout and woohoo location.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I think that:
    • We will eventually get cars that would work similarly to those from TS2, but have added features like being able to tinker and upgrade them mechanically and aesthetically - would include a Motor Engineering skill and associated stuff, maybe a career/business option.
    • Toddlers will come in a pre-EP-patch with the bare minimum equipment and CASsets, and the EP will bring pre-teens and more assets for both life-stages as well as focus on differentiating all the life-stages from each other.
    • We will have the ability to own venues and other service industries in the future, which should allow us to run spas, campsites etc depending on the packs you own.
    • Apartments (more like TS2) and the ability to have home-businesses or other mixed use lots will come around the same time as they probably use similar mechanics.
    • We'll see more open-ended expansive features like the Club system due to the great reception this had in the community and it's ability to appeal to every play-style.
    • A CAW tool, or world editing features will come eventually.
    • Open world will not happen in this iteration, but I prefer the current system if it allows things like shops and restaurants.
    • Public spaces on the maps may get stuff added to them as new objects are made by Maxis - Possibly why that Newcrest park area is so empty.

That's all I can think of for now...
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I see a bright future ahead for The Sims 4, I predict new content that many Simmers will enjoy.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.