Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your prediction for The Sims 4 is: ....

Comments

• Options
    JaysWrxldJaysWrxld Posts: 618 Member
    Almost everyone is doing negative ones, You guys need a brighter future for TS4.. think of the posotives.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    A lot of downers in this thread. I don't believe Sims 4 is perfect by any means but I do try to have a positive outlook for the future of the game. As far as I remember, Sims 3 was a flood of negativity in the beginning as well, especially after the first two expansions failed to impress a large portion of the player base (people complained about WA and Ambitions being too quest focused and not true to sandbox gameplay). But as the game went along they listened to what the fans wanted, and later in the series we got some amazing EPs that really made the whole game a worthwhile experience. I am hoping for the same progression in 4.

My humble predictions:

- If they can make toddlers work, they will add them. They're in such high demand that the only reason they would fail to deliver them at this point is if they absolutely can't make them work with the current game engine.

- They may add cars, possibly in a gamepack. I personally don't care if we get them as they seem meaningless without an open world.

- Supernatural lifestates will come, either in a dedicated EP or possibly in a few gamepacks dedicated to one specific creature. My hope is that they won't be cute, friendly and totally boring.

- We will eventually see more careers, but possibly not any more active ones.

- We will get Pets, possibly even pretty soon ( I am seriously convinced it's in development right now). Pets is always a bestseller and they won't miss the opportunity to do that one. I doubt we'll get horses back and I honestly won't miss them. Maybe some new animals that we haven't had before.

- I think we will get apartments similar to the ones we had in Sims 2, as Sims 4 supports this style of apartments much more than Sims 3 did.

- I am uncertain that we will ever get University back, but I hope that we eventually do.

- I am expecting more vacation gamepacks rather than a dedicated vacation EP. Maybe we'll get a tropical beach and a snowy ski resort.

- I don't think we will ever get CAW back, but maybe some neighborhood editing tools.

- I think we may just get an EP similar to Makin Magic, which could feature the return of a Magic Town style world that our Sims could live in or travel to.

- There's never going to be an open world in this game. They devs have pretty much stated exactly that.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    For me the future looks bright for Sims 4. I've enjoyed all the releases to date and look forward to what's coming next. The one feature I really wanted,open neighborhoods, will not be added so I've put that wish behind and am focusing on all the good things I enjoy about this version.

I realized I didn't actually answer the question. I think we're going to see some never before seen features in the Sims 4, like the group feature in Get Together that allows you to control NPCs.

I also think we're going to see more active careers, similar to those ideas introduced in the surveys.

Office Career: As a sales expert you’ll be working the phones, gossiping in the
    lunch room, playing office pranks on your boss, and closing big deals.
    Maid Career: As a maid for hire you’ll be helping Sims keep their homes clean,
    but you’ll also be learning their deepest secrets in the process.
    Be the Mayor: Get into a career as a local politician! Start off as a community organizer,
    setting up protests at the new City Hall venue. Get enough support and become the
    mayor, making new laws that affect the whole world.
    District Attorney Career: Organize neighborhood improvement projects, OR indulge a life of crime and
    greed growing an underground criminal organization that deals in black market goods and
    smuggling contraband. Pick your side in this world of Crime and Justice!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    My Predictions

Next week a Restuarent Gamepack is revealed for Mid March?

Stuffpack 7 in April Wedding or Bed/Bath Stuff.

We see cars in TS4 before years end.

We see in bed animations added thru a patch this year.

Gamepack 4 Tropical Vacation or Theme Parks.

EP 3 Generations or Metropolis.

EP 4 Seasons or Pets.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Schantal wrote: »
    Lol, the morale is so low in this community its insane (I know some people are ok with the mediocrity of the game, but 85-90% aren't) and the fact that these people (the Sims 4 developers) just aren't getting it is a bit scary. If you look at the support teams for other games it really puts into perspective how bad the support team is for this one. I think most of the people that STILL defend this game (there are very few left) don't really play any other games or know what the market is like because if they did, they def wouldn't go crazy defending this team.......

Anyway, I agree with most of what you listed OP.

A lot of positive players who play the game and enjoy it fled general discussion area because it's absolutely flooded with negativity. Most are either gone to other sections or moved to other social media sites.

Also, the total registered people on the forums don't even make up 0.05% of the fanbase, so there is no logical way to assume that 85-90% of the fanbase is unhappy with the game judging by the forums.

There is also no logical way to deduce that the total registered people on the forums don't even make up 0.05% of the fanbase without guessing at the size of the actual fanbase. Although it does seem reasonable that only a small section of the simming community frequents the forums, smaller portion still who are active. But 0.05 is just a number pulled out of someone's backside.
  • Options
    Amy327Amy327 Posts: 67 Member
    I really hope seasons isn't vacation related. That would totally ruin if for me.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I predict a positive future for sims 4. A few old, but also new things.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    I predict that the same people who continuously defend this game are going to keep on wearing their rose colored glasses while continuing to throw their money at EA and buy everything that they offer for this game, regardless of what it is.

It's to the point where I no longer care what the next expansion pack or game pack or stuff pack is. I never even got remotely excited with the latest stuff pack. As far as I'm concerned it's just a bunch of decor that I'm not remotely interested in, plus a remake of the Sims 3 premium store content (wishing well). Nothing for me to get excited about. I am interested in the movie stuff pack, purely because I want to see the Sims 3 movies.

And to think, I used to look forward to expansion packs, but I just don't feel that spark anymore. And, frankly, I don't feel like wasting my money either, though I'll eventually break down and buy the movie stuff pack...on the day that I can get my laptop back so I can play it on that computer.

Yeah, movie stuff pack is pretty fun. I like it because IMO it expands the game a little by adding the the ability to watch movies together on any old TV. Not to mention the hippie clothes and decor are neat. I think you'll like that one.

• Options
    colbyfromagecolbyfromage Posts: 268 Member
    To be honest I've never played the Sims games that much, but I've played 4 more than any other iteration, and so that must be saying something. Either I have a lot more free time or it's more entertaining, and I'm pretty confident it's the latter. I still get bored by it eventually, but when I think about it I've always had the same play style with the Sims: play crazily for a week, stop playing for six months, repeat. With 4, I play crazily for a week, stop playing for only two months, so ... improvement?

The art style, for me is really appealing. Like, I feel like the art and expressiveness of the Sims 4 is just a huge leap forward. Huge. And that is a big deal for me because I like looking at pretty things.

I've not yet had the mind-blowing experience that I would very rarely once-in-a-while have with other iterations, where a surprise story between Sims unfolds before my eyes with unexpected depth and totally captures my imagination. I almost had that happen with 4, but then the beloved wife and mother of the family burned to death cooking tofu dogs and nobody batted an eye. Suspension of disbelief: dispelled.

When it's all said and done, I don't think 4 will be as expansive or comprehensive as 3. Just my prediction, based on general trends in the gaming landscape.
  • Options
    HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member
    SimsFur wrote: »
    Isnt it funny how they sold this basegame as: strong and able to build high up from there. They said they would rather focus on a strong core game, so they could add almost anything they wanted to on it.

But all i hear is: Impossible, cant do it, too much work, coding wont let us for now (or ever) etc. Guess that basegame isnt so strong after all.

Really? The answers I most often see are along the lines of, "anything's possible in the future." Weird.
  • Options
    CrocusCrocus Posts: 53 Member
    I feel that by the time ts4's lifecycle is over it will be a good game, even if people aren't happy with the state it's in now. It might not end up being the best or the deepest in the series but I still think that it'll improve vastly. EA will still milk us for our cash...but I'm still optimistic for what the game holds. :>

my predictions
    -Toddlers will come back eventually unless there are major issues with getting them in the game. I don't think we'll see them until 2017 at the earliest, though.
    -Supernaturals will come back but I don't think that there will be a pack dedicated to them. I predict that they'll just be added into eps like the aliens in get to work. Vampires are almost a certainty
    -Pets will return (probably without horses) and hopefully add new pets like rabbits to customize and maybe play as if they decide to bring that feature back??
    -CASt and open world aren't coming back no matter how much the fandom complains
    -More careers will be added through free patches like the business career was. I doubt that more active careers will be added but it could happen
    -A metropolitan world will be added in an ep eventually with apartments as a feature (hopefully they'll be more similar to the apartments from the ts2 than the ones from late night)
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Lol, the morale is so low in this community its insane (I know some people are ok with the mediocrity of the game, but 85-90% aren't) and the fact that these people (the Sims 4 developers) just aren't getting it is a bit scary. If you look at the support teams for other games it really puts into perspective how bad the support team is for this one. I think most of the people that STILL defend this game (there are very few left) don't really play any other games or know what the market is like because if they did, they def wouldn't go crazy defending this team.......

A lot of positive players who play the game and enjoy it fled general discussion area because it's absolutely flooded with negativity. Most are either gone to other sections or moved to other social media sites.

Also, the total registered people on the forums don't even make up 0.05% of the fanbase, so there is no logical way to assume that 85-90% of the fanbase is unhappy with the game judging by the forums.

There is also no logical way to deduce that the total registered people on the forums don't even make up 0.05% of the fanbase without guessing at the size of the actual fanbase. Although it does seem reasonable that only a small section of the simming community frequents the forums, smaller portion still who are active. But 0.05 is just a number pulled out of someone's backside.

97% of all statistics are made up on the spot. And I did NOT make that joke up, just the statistic number I used for it. :D
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member

Apparently there's around 33000 registered forum users (and a fraction of those actually are active) and millions of fans, you do the math. I'd assume that's pretty reasonable.
  • Options
    AlisonCuteSimsAlisonCuteSims Posts: 165 Member

Spot on,

You can visit any other gaming forum, and for the most part, the only thing people complain about are bugs/glitches and maybe hackers? And obviously the team releases a patch to fix the issues (at least a good quality team would do that).

These forums are a completely different thing & for those of you wondering why these forums lack "morale" it's because TS4 was/is a poorly made game, and until they start listening to their consumers and step up to the level of other major gaming industries such as Rockstar and Bethesda for example, they will always be critiqued.
    3dd20d8220bdc70e9490da5f62974d35.gif
  • Options
    s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member

elelunicy wrote: »
    True, but I wonder if the sims follows the famous 80:20 rule (80% of profit comes from 20% of customers)?

If this was the case then it would be a pretty safe bet most of the 20% "hardcore" fan base are on the forums in some form or another and so it would be better to advestise here or not on social media.

Those who frequent the forums here isn't even 1%.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/badge/comment
    According to here, there are only 33k members who has at least one comment here (easily <1% of the total number of the players).

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/badge/comment-500
    However, for those who post here regularly (at least 500+ comments here), they're more like the 0.05% of the player base.

from 2009 number of any player who ever left one comment on forum is 30,000
    from 2009 number of regulars are 2000
    0.05%? Thats too much . Prolly 0.05% from all users summed up from 2009 ,however I joined this forum from 2015 &
    it didnt take much time to find out same 10-20 persons say(spam) the same words over and over in every threads.
    Even before clicking any threads I can tell who would gather in threads. >.>
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited February 2016
    My predictions are:

- If toddlers come back, they will be in an expansion. I don't think they will be patched in.
    - I predict that the content patches will slow to a stop. I do think we'll continue to get monthly bug fixes, but I think the content that gets added with each patch will be scaled back gradually until the focus of patches is solely to fix or tweak things.
    - We will eventually get pets, but no horses. I do think we'll get at least dogs and cats, though.
    - I think we will eventually see the return of fire fighters.
    - I think we will also see the return of at least one or two of the "normal" career tracks that people have been asking for, like education.
    - I don't think we will ever get functioning cars or bikes. Sims teleport everywhere and the worlds are small. I can't see them spending time and money on vehicles.
    - We will continue to get SPs that use one or two bait items "fan favorites" from the old store or various past expansions. I'm predicting deep fryer and pizza oven.
    - The releases of EPs and GPs will continue to be slow, SPs are going to be the bread and butter of TS4.
    - We may get Seasons, but I think it will look more like TS1 Vacation. I think we'll get new areas to visit that are stuck in perpetual autumn or winter. If not that, then weather will probably be more of an FX thing.
    - Most of the core elements that are still out will not return, like terrain tools, CAW, and CASt. I don't think the game's structure is made for those things, so I don't think they'll happen. For this same reason, I also think that editing neighborhoods is permanently out of this iteration.
    - I think we will always have loading screens to go across the street.
    - I think we will see a Supernatural themed expansion, and that's where most of the occults for this gen will end up. They've basically told us that they're not interested in keeping up the tradition of one occult per pack, so I think we'll see one pack with several. My bet's on "magic school" or Harry Potter themed.
    - I think we'll get a university expansion at some point, but I think it will be more like TS2. It will focus on dorm life and social activities and the university will be an unseen rabbit hole that sims disappear to each day.
    - I think that TS4 may not have a full five year run like the other games. I predict it will be slightly shorter, like perhaps 2 and a half or 3 years. They speak of "limitations" and if the base game is so limited then I'm not hopeful that it can sustain 5 years of rich content. Maybe 5 years of "stuff," but I don't think they'll go that route.
    - I predict that if they make TS5, they'll be more open about talking about the mistakes they made with TS4 when they talk to press. They'll make promises about how TS5 will be different.
    Post edited by GabbyGirlJ on
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Isn't terrible that the sims 4, the 4th game in the series has to have a prediction with things as simple as what the op stated below....

* Cars will never be added
    * Toddlers might come one day.. but not soon! And not free..
    * Loading screens will never dissappear. Sub hoods will also never be added.
    * They might add some driving cars/walking sims on the map, just as how they add some simple colors to it and half listen to our ideas.
    * CAW will never make it.
    * Supernatural will make it (not my favorite, but that's what i think).
    * Culling we never be totally gone, but every time 'fixed' in an useless EA way. By raising the gap or by removing it and then adding it back, cause of some new expansions that couldn't handle too much freedom for us players.
    * Some new packs we never had before in previous games (that might be one of the good things)
    * NOT so many useful packs and expansions in a short time period as we knew from previous games.
    * They will continue their marketing stratagies that completely fail on us, but also them. Things as almost no announcements unanswered
    * questions, no future content, no leaks, no lists of info on whats to come etc.

It should be that we are predicting that toddlers will have new interactions and clothes. That cars can back out of the driveway instead of vanishing. That there will be a new improved CAW. That there will be new interactions with our characters in the game. That there will be new and never before seen EPs. That we will have a question and answer time like we did with the sims 2 and 3. These are the things we should be talking about. Instead we are wishing for things that should have been in the game to start with. The sims 4 will never and I repeat never be the game it should be. Without all these things and more, the sims 4 will remain boring and uninteresting. I am hoping that the sims 5 will not be far away. That they can give life back to the sims once again and make it a game worth waiting for.

6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    Raddish4Raddish4 Posts: 54 Member

The Sims is the only computer game I play (aside from solitaire...) and even I think it's seriously lacking.
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Raddish4 wrote: »

The Sims is the only computer game I play (aside from solitaire...) and even I think it's seriously lacking.
    LMAO

• Options
    SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    My prediction is Sims 4 will outlast all of it's predecessors with at least double the life span. We will get more content than ever before, not only old favourites but new content people have been asking for for years. My reasoning for this is based on how the game was stylized to be more timeless (it'll age well) and because of the choices they have made so far in developement. I think we're at that stage now when we truly want more out of the sims as a game. There's only so much content you can release within 5 years and that time line is simply not enough to satisfy the expectations of old content returning in addition to giving people new content.
    I don't think anyone would disagree that a game like sims could never really be complete from a development point of view. There is and has always been more that you could add to it.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    It should be that we are predicting that toddlers will have new interactions and clothes. That cars can back out of the driveway instead of vanishing. That there will be a new improved CAW. That there will be new interactions with our characters in the game. That there will be new and never before seen EPs. That we will have a question and answer time like we did with the sims 2 and 3. These are the things we should be talking about. Instead we are wishing for things that should have been in the game to start with. The sims 4 will never and I repeat never be the game it should be. Without all these things and more, the sims 4 will remain boring and uninteresting. I am hoping that the sims 5 will not be far away. That they can give life back to the sims once again and make it a game worth waiting for.
    It is indeed a sad state of affairs. I remember the excitement of the live video feeds with TS3 new content, all the discussions and predictions we would make about new EPs etc. The simgurus were so much more involved with us then and it was a totally different atmosphere.

It will be interesting to look back on this thread in a years time and see if anything has changed.
  • Options
    NaiaNaia Posts: 117 Member
    * The game itself will always remain limited because of its engine (it means we will always have small worlds, not very much of activity to do outside and etc..)
    * We won't see a lot of new careers added (maybe only few ones)
    * I've heard that there will never be a Cast
    * Toddlers will probably will be as objects like babies
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    I predict that the same people who continuously defend this game are going to keep on wearing their rose colored glasses while continuing to throw their money at EA and buy everything that they offer for this game, regardless of what it is.

It's to the point where I no longer care what the next expansion pack or game pack or stuff pack is. I never even got remotely excited with the latest stuff pack. As far as I'm concerned it's just a bunch of decor that I'm not remotely interested in, plus a remake of the Sims 3 premium store content (wishing well). Nothing for me to get excited about. I am interested in the movie stuff pack, purely because I want to see the Sims 3 movies.

And to think, I used to look forward to expansion packs, but I just don't feel that spark anymore. And, frankly, I don't feel like wasting my money either, though I'll eventually break down and buy the movie stuff pack...on the day that I can get my laptop back so I can play it on that computer.

Exactly the same here. Used to be excited for new content, but that's gone with The Sims 4.

I can't get rid of the idea/feeling that all the packs feel so cheap and shallow. Especially the EP's. GP's are okay, since they focus on a very clear theme, but EP's seem like they lost focus and just add random shallow things together to create an EP. >.<