Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's sad

Comments

• Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Well, I think the silence from EA presents its own set of problems. People have a tendency to ride the hype speculation train and then become disappointed when what they were hoping for didn't come true.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited February 2016
    Sims 3 forum, we would see people talking about the next EP within hours of the current one coming out. Sometimes, quite a bit of discussion about it. I think we went a full day maybe twice.

But that standard, Sims 4 would be an improvement.

On the other hand, Sims 4 has a lot less people sharing excitement about what was currently released... whereas with Sims 3, even when people were talking about what was next they still tended to be excited about what they just got.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited February 2016
    Sims 3 forum, we would see people talking about the next EP within hours of the current one coming out. Sometimes, quite a bit of discussion about it. I think we went a full day maybe twice.

But that standard, Sims 4 would be an improvement.

On the other hand, Sims 4 has a lot less people sharing excitement about what was currently released... whereas with Sims 3, even when people were talking about what was next they still tended to be excited about what they just got.

Between the explosion in Tumblr user numbers from 2011 to 2013 (and in Tumblr blogs, you're talking 17.5 million in May 11 vs. 275.9 million last month), Twitter growth until it recently flatlined (it's biggest growth years were about the same as Tumblr's), and the atmosphere on these forums in 2014, that's not surprising. The excitement moved elsewhere.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    I think a lot of people just want some clarity as to where this series is going next. I, myself, refuse to speculate. I have a strong feeling this series is not going to go in the direction that a lot of people want, and that may be due to the limitations of the current game engine.

I have a hard time getting excited about playing this game, although I do sort of miss being able to play it. But, I suspect that once I get it back, it won't take me long to decide it's not as much fun as it should be for me.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    I think a lot of people just want some clarity as to where this series is going next. I, myself, refuse to speculate. I have a strong feeling this series is not going to go in the direction that a lot of people want, and that may be due to the limitations of the current game engine.

I have a hard time getting excited about playing this game, although I do sort of miss being able to play it. But, I suspect that once I get it back, it won't take me long to decide it's not as much fun as it should be for me.

I agree with you on the first two sentences. Clarity is really important to this community, which has been left in the dark about key things for too long. As for the third sentence - what direction it's going in - I think, judging on the most recent add-ons and their reception (I'm look at Spooky Stuff on, compared to the earlier add-ons and base game), that it's going in a positive direction. That gets hard to see if you mostly look at General Discussion and Feedback, because all the discussion of those is hived off in separate forums (which is practical) and also happening on other sites.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SandunSandun Posts: 94 Member
    Well, "hate" is a strong word, but I still dislike this game with a passion. I was shocked in the beginning, never thought I could dislike a Sim game. But I do.
    I'm at a point right now that I get TS4 will never be something I can enjoy, not even with toddlers in it, so yeah ... it's sad.
  • Options
    Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    I was really excited for the sims 4 ,I thought there would be more improvements to the game. I remember people asking for gradual aging, adult expansion, different heights, diseases, sit on sofa with a baby and people even wanted to be able to drive around town like you can on gta. So when everyone found out that half the stuff in the sims game were took out I'm not suprised they seen red.
  • Options
    HermaiHermai Posts: 366 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    OP, there is something wrong with the core of a game if within a month and a half players who just got another EP and a SP are dying for more content. In the past that EP and SP would have lasted longer than that and they wouldn't be clamoring to find out when is the next thing, what is it? etc. That is the problem with this game. But maybe it's built that way on purpose.

ETA: Face facts in the past if we had a new EP people would be posting pictures, laughing about what happened and posting stories about it. But it seems people throw it down like yesterday's news (no matter what it was) and demand what is next and when. That says to me the game can't keep them occupied or their attention long enough for them to even explore the game or the products released are so lacking it only takes a week to play it and be bored with the next thing.

Interesting points.

It makes you wonder how we survived back in the old days, pre TS1 Hot Date with the early EPs, there must have been something that kept us going back then, and that something must be gone now?

what kept us was the fact that it was the only game ever to do something like that :p like a new relationship, there is passion
    T24 has a very hard challenge, since it is being compared to behemoths like TS2 and TS3. If it misses features that are really important for some players, they'll just go back.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Hermai wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    OP, there is something wrong with the core of a game if within a month and a half players who just got another EP and a SP are dying for more content. In the past that EP and SP would have lasted longer than that and they wouldn't be clamoring to find out when is the next thing, what is it? etc. That is the problem with this game. But maybe it's built that way on purpose.

ETA: Face facts in the past if we had a new EP people would be posting pictures, laughing about what happened and posting stories about it. But it seems people throw it down like yesterday's news (no matter what it was) and demand what is next and when. That says to me the game can't keep them occupied or their attention long enough for them to even explore the game or the products released are so lacking it only takes a week to play it and be bored with the next thing.

Interesting points.

It makes you wonder how we survived back in the old days, pre TS1 Hot Date with the early EPs, there must have been something that kept us going back then, and that something must be gone now?

what kept us was the fact that it was the only game ever to do something like that :plike a new relationship, there is passion
    T24 has a very hard challenge, since it is being compared to behemoths like TS2 and TS3. If it misses features that are really important for some players, they'll just go back.
    Beautiful metaphor.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    I love sims 4 but im on hiatus since Dec 2015... Im hoping for a EP that i really enjoy.. like pets, generations or university... when get to work was announced i was super excited.. but not being able to create the business that I want (like restaurants or own a pub...) not being able to visit the hospital or the police station was a huge disappointment... with get together.. i enjoy the new map... but once again i thought that i was able to run a coffe shop and i was hoping that the things that were added connect with the previous packs... soon i learn that was not like that... im without motivation to play... and that's it... maybe in time they will do something that i like..
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    pandie00 wrote: »
    I love sims 4 but im on hiatus since Dec 2015... Im hoping for a EP that i really enjoy.. like pets, generations or university... when get to work was announced i was super excited.. but not being able to create the business that I want (like restaurants or own a pub...) not being able to visit the hospital or the police station was a huge disappointment... with get together.. i enjoy the new map... but once again i thought that i was able to run a coffe shop and i was hoping that the things that were added connect with the previous packs... soon i learn that was not like that... im without motivation to play... and that's it... maybe in time they will do something that i like..

With both Get to Work and Get Together, you are able to run a cafe, at least thats what LGR said.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options

I agree with you on the first two sentences. Clarity is really important to this community, which has been left in the dark about key things for too long. As for the third sentence - what direction it's going in - I think, judging on the most recent add-ons and their reception (I'm look at Spooky Stuff on, compared to the earlier add-ons and base game), that it's going in a positive direction. That gets hard to see if you mostly look at General Discussion and Feedback, because all the discussion of those is hived off in separate forums (which is practical) and also happening on other sites.

Sorry, I'm not seeing the positive. I'm waiting for the next expansion pack or game pack to decide whether it's positive or just more of the same ole', same ole. At this point I'm skeptical that anything new will be of the quality we came to expect with the other iterations of this game. So far, it looks disappointing...even Get Together has its flaws.

B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited February 2016
    I think the ones who like it just aren't as loud :P There's no denying it's still got things to work out but most games have their ups and down since you can never please everyone. I still love it and it's probably one of my favorite iterations of the series, thus far. I'm still enjoying it that's for sure.
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    In my experience on these forums, tbh, the majority of people I see are trying to stomp into your skulls that either the game isn't for them, saying it's a Facebook game, or just saying it's outright terrible. People ABANDONING the series all together, as well. No one likes the game here, even though these forums are DEDICATED to the game.

I feel like I'm in an endless flame war than forums for a game I care about.

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options
    AnastaciasgemAnastaciasgem Posts: 246 Member
    I don't see it that way. I know there are people here who are dead set against playing Sims 4 and exclusively stick to the previous games, and I think that's okay. We're all here because we love the Sims of some description and that makes me happy. Some people are very loud and angry but that doesn't mean they're in the majority or that The Sims 4 was a flop. Caaalm yourself, don't worry about it so much. There are plenty of people who adore The Sims 4. Go to the Happy Play thread if you want to see some love for the game, there are some lovely people there <3
    iiudADB.gif
    Origin ID: Gemmaisasim
    The Minogue ISBI family tree
  • Options
    I don't see it that way. I know there are people here who are dead set against playing Sims 4 and exclusively stick to the previous games, and I think that's okay. We're all here because we love the Sims of some description and that makes me happy. Some people are very loud and angry but that doesn't mean they're in the majority or that The Sims 4 was a flop. Caaalm yourself, don't worry about it so much. There are plenty of people who adore The Sims 4. Go to the Happy Play thread if you want to see some love for the game, there are some lovely people there <3

I don't want only ONE THREAD of that. All the threads I see now in the Sims 4 sections are nothing but how the graphics are bad, how the game is lacking, and I'm also seeing this sort of thing (but very rarily) in the Sims 3 section as well.

• Options
    HermaiHermai Posts: 366 Member
    SimFan298 wrote: »

I don't want only ONE THREAD of that. All the threads I see now in the Sims 4 sections are nothing but how the graphics are bad, how the game is lacking, and I'm also seeing this sort of thing (but very rarily) in the Sims 3 section as well.

And you'd see more positive threads if EA had been smarter and not tried to turn an online game into an offline game, and ended up stripping 80% of the features that Sims players had grown used to in the previous iterations. The company shot itself in the foot by creating conditions which left many many players unhappy and dissatisfied. Don't blame the fans, blame EA for this fiasco.

And if you're seeing more positive threads than negative threads in the Sims 3 section, what does that tell you about *that* particular game? Let's just say it's significant that Sims 4 fans have to justify their preference for The Sims 4 by trashing The Sims 3 and to a certain extent, The Sims 2.

The fans who posted in The Sims, The Sims 2, and The Sims 3 forums were far more positive because they genuinely loved the game, and even though they lost a few things in each iteration and there was some dissatisfaction, they were mostly minor things; overall, though, there wasn't this feeling of being ripped-off and being forced to make do with leftovers, like there is in The Sims 4. And that is the whole source of the different atmosphere of this forum as compared to the other two...fan dissatisfaction with this game.

Sorry, but I can't see singing the praises of a game that leaves me unsatisfied, and that, at best, I can only play casually and in small doses, and it seems I'm not the only one.

Yep... I get your point. People who complain about the game are just supposed to accept that the game is just "different" and not "lacking". But for me it is clearly limited in scope. I'm trying hard to see all the SO MANY NEW gameplay features (especially from the base game), I'm honestly trying, because I liked the game, but I don't really see it.

But eh, I just feel like I'm taking crazy pills anyway. Apparently all these people complaining are not complaining for legitimate reasons, they are just a bunch of grumpy crazy people.

crazy-pills.jpg
  • Options
    lataya24lataya24 Posts: 329 Member
    I didn't like sims 4 until after i played it. it does got all the ideas there, like the jogging around the block but why not walk your baby around the block in a stroller or maybe it is in progress but everyone is just mad at the fact it lacking something they loved but also it is taking them forever to add new ep gp so mostly until they add stuff like real holidays and season and generation people wouldn't care much then and the market price for sims4 might go higher if/when they do.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

With both Get to Work and Get Together, you are able to run a cafe, at least thats what LGR said.

Actually this isn't true. What you can do is place the café object on a counter or use the full counter with the coffee machine built into it and hire someone to stand there and your Sim order food now and then etc. however, you won't make any money and your Sim can't stand there and hand out coffee or food for money, either. So, it's like when you go to a lot that doesn't have a DJ or a Café worker (like in a park) and you hire someone...lucky if they even show up but others won't be flocking to it, and you won't get any money, anyway.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    RealPollyMogsRealPollyMogs Posts: 478 Member
    Don't blame the fans, blame EA for this fiasco.

I do. I adored TS4 for 15 months, but was obliged to "abandon" it when the core game was altered so much that it no longer supported rotational play style. There's MC Command Center, yes, but I often wonder how many people could continue to play if Deaderpool suddenly disappeared. It wouldn't be the first time - life happens.

I would like to love Sims 4 again, but there's a part of me that holds back now. It could all fall apart so easily...
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm seeing a lot of Sims fans, not just those on the forums, pretend that Sims 4 doesn't even exist. I, as a Sims 4 fan, find this upsetting, because I'm seeing less and less people on other sites and in real life begin to grow pure hatred to Sims 4, and less people liking it. I guess this means Sims 4 was a flop??? :(

Excuse me, did I miss something? Where is this pure hatred that you're talking about? Sure, there's lots of disappointment in the way The Sims 4 turned out, but, with the exception of a handful of players, I really haven't seen any pure hatred of the Sims 4.

I've seen fans feel disappointed because they feel that they were promised a great game, and yet when it came down to it, they didn't get what they expected. What they got was a game that lacked many things in the beginning; things that were in the base games of the other 3 iterations such as pools and ghosts, not to mention a life stage that a lot of people had come to expect to see in the game and loved playing.

What I've seen is people who have decided not to invest any more money in this game and go back to playing the previous iterations like Sims 2 and Sims 3, because those games do, at least, provide them with some of the content they want, *without having to pay for it again*. None of that amounts to "I hate The Sims 4", at least not to me.

I've also seen a lot of Sims 4 players put down the other iterations of this series and try to make out that these iterations are inferior and that the Sims 4 is far superior; and quite frankly, that takes some suspension of disbelief. In short, you're upset because people aren't praising the Sims 4 to the skies and declaring it The Best Game Evah.

Three words: Get Over It.

The game is still selling. Players are still looking for new content, and as others have already told you, it doesn't matter what other people think of this game as long as *you* like it.

I want to respond to the type in bold.

Jarsie, if this game had lived up to its name, I wouldn't mind paying for an updated "ACTUAL" Sims game. But to me, this is far from the game we have come to know and love. As I've said in other threads, it feels like a cheap knock off."

If the game was made well, had all the features we have come to know and love, and added new content, then I'd be very happy and I'm sure so would a lot of Veterans as well as the newbies. I'm glad some people are still holding on, others really do seem to love it, good for them!

I the meanwhile, I'll just follow the forums and hope they start announcing ts5 or some other actual sims game for the future.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2016

No you can't. You can only sell things with GTW meaning you can't make service type of business only retail, too bad retail isn't that amazing either since you can't tag prices individually nor do sims carry shopping bags and all the sale interactions seem to have the same exact effect on the costumers.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    windweaver wrote: »
    I'm seeing a lot of Sims fans, not just those on the forums, pretend that Sims 4 doesn't even exist. I, as a Sims 4 fan, find this upsetting, because I'm seeing less and less people on other sites and in real life begin to grow pure hatred to Sims 4, and less people liking it. I guess this means Sims 4 was a flop??? :(

Excuse me, did I miss something? Where is this pure hatred that you're talking about? Sure, there's lots of disappointment in the way The Sims 4 turned out, but, with the exception of a handful of players, I really haven't seen any pure hatred of the Sims 4.

I've seen fans feel disappointed because they feel that they were promised a great game, and yet when it came down to it, they didn't get what they expected. What they got was a game that lacked many things in the beginning; things that were in the base games of the other 3 iterations such as pools and ghosts, not to mention a life stage that a lot of people had come to expect to see in the game and loved playing.

What I've seen is people who have decided not to invest any more money in this game and go back to playing the previous iterations like Sims 2 and Sims 3, because those games do, at least, provide them with some of the content they want, *without having to pay for it again*. None of that amounts to "I hate The Sims 4", at least not to me.

I've also seen a lot of Sims 4 players put down the other iterations of this series and try to make out that these iterations are inferior and that the Sims 4 is far superior; and quite frankly, that takes some suspension of disbelief. In short, you're upset because people aren't praising the Sims 4 to the skies and declaring it The Best Game Evah.

Three words: Get Over It.

The game is still selling. Players are still looking for new content, and as others have already told you, it doesn't matter what other people think of this game as long as *you* like it.

I want to respond to the type in bold.

Jarsie, if this game had lived up to its name, I wouldn't mind paying for an updated "ACTUAL" Sims game. But to me, this is far from the game we have come to know and love. As I've said in other threads, it feels like a cheap knock off."

If the game was made well, had all the features we have come to know and love, and added new content, then I'd be very happy and I'm sure so would a lot of Veterans as well as the newbies. I'm glad some people are still holding on, others really do seem to love it, good for them!

I the meanwhile, I'll just follow the forums and hope they start announcing ts5 or some other actual sims game for the future.

You are right. I said in another thread in General Discussion that I used to look forward to the next expansion pack and even stuff packs. I don't anymore. Again, I blame the Corporation for that. They've created a high level of dissatisfaction by not taking the time and care to create the kind of game that fans expected: something that would take the best features of the 3 previous iterations and make something better. Instead, things were taken out, and we were given excuses, and then expected to like it and be willing to continue to throw our money at it because "everyone knows they'll buy anything as long as it has the Sims name on it".

Well, guess what? People got wise to that, and now they're not so eager to spend the money. The overall vibe I'm getting from the forums is that people feel like they got ripped off, pure and simple.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    rjhenn14rjhenn14 Posts: 601 Member
    There were people that hated (and still do hate) Sims 3 and Sims 2 as well and they held on. I still see people saying the first one was the best. I'm like a lot of people. I like 4 but I don't love it for reasons that are written all over these forums. I enjoy it but I truly believe it will not live up to it's predecessors and I'm worried the Sims 5 will be an I-Phone app. So, focused discontent but overall liking it well enough. Which is what I responded to the survey someone mentioned above and only recommending it with reservations and cautions depending on the person asking's play style due to the limitations of the "game engine". Try not to let it bother you.

This was me, I could never get into TS3, couldn't stand the way sims looked/acted and the lag. But I loved the open world! I tried and tried, I bought every ep/sp and store stuff that sounded cool, I wanted to like it so badly but couldn't. But I actually love TS4! The game is still lacking in certain features (no toddlers, babies tied to cribs, other little details, would be nice if neighborhoods were at least open) BUT I really enjoy playing the sims themselves, I love my sims in TS4, they way I loved them in TS2! So it's nice (for me) to have that feeling backs.

For me personally, I don't think TS4 is a flop. They made some bad decisions in the beginning and have worked hard to fix them and still are (I mean we just got our beloved Gardner NPC back just last month!) so I have faith, and in the meantime I'm enjoying what is there.