Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member

@ZombieMew - Congratulations on the offer! Hoping for the best...

@LaineeCheri - I believe in protecting things I like or things that are a big hassle to replace. The most important *thing* in my house must be the PC. Even though I have a relatively new car in the garage, it's just a car and covered by insurance. There is no insurance on the PC, per se, and homeowner's insurance does not cover the cost and hassle of gathering all those components and building a new one - although at five years old, with the exception of the SSD, I am overdue. I have a washing machine I love and a newer dryer that was a bit hard to find. I don't want to replace them. I love my microwave and the fact it has a timer that works independently of any cooking operation and this is a great help. My warming blanket was purchased on sale but at a regular price in the hundreds, I don't want to replace it. These are the things I unplug here.

Everything else is not worth the trouble or not worth unplugging anyway. The stove and the refrigerator would have to be moved first to be unplugged - due to their age, etc., for me, they aren't worth troubling over. I have lost lots of telephones and answering machines, etc... while living in the south with the abundance of thunderstorms, especially in the summer. I learned long ago - Unplug the things you care about. Takes less than 2 minutes to do all of it. I also unplug the same things every time I go out of town. :)
  • Options
    ZombieMewZombieMew Posts: 523 Member
    Thanks @LaineeCheri for the big gift!
    Me-AaAaAa!

Wishlist and Top 5 list

Steam: MathewMii
    dA and Youtube: SillyEwe
  • Options
    Kyrah2016Kyrah2016 Posts: 217 Member
    ZombieMew wrote: »
    Guys! I got a job offer in the mail. If I get it, I'll be a house keeper!

Yes! :star:HUZZAH! :star:
    Give it a try! It can be a bit awkward at first, but that'll rub off soon enough. I did something similar for a few years. I'd needed some extra income and a neighbor needed some elderly parents that wished to remain independent looked after. So it was a combo houscleaning/visiting aide kinda thing. I actually enjoyed it eventually. They were awesome people that I recall fondly to this day.
  • Options
    TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    Congratulations @ZombieMew!!
    I have updated my top 5! and now I am going to take a nap because I keep nodding off on my laptop I shall see you all later tonight!
  • Options
    thereesespiecethereesespiece Posts: 614 Member
    Step one complete @ZombieMew :smile: it's all going to work out fine!!!

And you're very welcome for the gift !! You've been so generous with everyone here I had to return it back to you <3<3<3
  • Options
    fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
    edited February 2016
    Hello everyone !

Thank you @Hayley~Belle for the dress and @Kyrah2016 for the hat <3 !!!

I've finaly done it, I've deathlisted (not sure it's written like this?) someone :)

Got an update for my man who lost his keys... I got home and we sat together for a while and when he got up, he started to be really strange. He moved his body and his butt. It was pretty funny to see, then he removed his pants and said "NO WAY" I didn't understand, then he put his hand in his underpants and found his keys!!!!! It was so funny, I cried while laughing xD
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • Options
    Kyrah2016Kyrah2016 Posts: 217 Member
    fabeme wrote: »
    Hello everyone !

Thank you @Hayley~Belle for the dress and @Kyrah2016 for the hat <3 !!!

I've finaly done it, I've deathlisted (not sure it's written like this?) someone :)

Got an update for my man who lost his keys... I got home and we sat together for a while and when he got up, he started to be really strange. He moved his body and his butt. It was pretty funny to see, then he removed his pants and said "NO WAY" I didn't understand, then he putted his hand in his underpants and found his keys!!!!! It was so funny, I cried while laughing xD

I swear, I'm laughing so hard my belly is killing me!!! OMG that's hysterical ROFL :D:D:D
  • Options
    LoveandhateLoveandhate Posts: 553 Member
    Thanks for the dress @Hayley~Belle , it's definitely going to be pink! I love dresses like that.
    Have a great, blessed day!
    Sims 3 store: ScarlettRing

• Options
    @Fabeme - Absolutely hysterical! :D I am not even going to ask how his keys got into his underwear but I'm glad he found them and didn't injure himself. Good thing the weather was nasty and cold and he wore underwear today or the keys may have fallen into the street after he parked his car. That is priceless! Do you think his underwear need a tighter waistband?

• Options
    @fabeme he needs Kevin's undergarments!!
  • Options
    tac612tac612 Posts: 453 Member
    edited February 2016
    Good evening everyone! Seems like there's a lot to catch up on! Guess I have some reading to do.

@MsRed thank you for the gift! Top 5 will be updated soon!
  • Options
    23kels8923kels89 Posts: 804 Member
    @ZombieMew - WOOT WOOT!! I'm so filled with joy for you!!
    I think this thread has a blessed touch, because the support from everyone brings so much luck!
    I wish you the best and I have my fingers crossed for you!!
    WOOT WOOT!!! :heart::+1:
    Now, don't forget - when you land this job, you have a favor to do for me. :wink:

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin

• Options
    fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
    @Reachsims I also do not know at all how the keys have been found there, he asks the same question. I do not think a tighter waistband would have changed anything because his keys were in the small opening at the front, between two fabric plies. The kind of impossible for a woman! He said that when he got up he felt that something was heavy in his pants... but he didn't find anything in his pockets, he jumped and still felt something strange. That when he removed his pants... I just can't describe how it was funny. I'll never forget it !
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • Options
    @Fabeme - I don't think I ever will forget it either. It's a wonderful story and I look forward to sharing it with family. So, the keys were in that section we call "the fly." That's even more funny! I dare not ask another question but OMG! This story is getting better all the time. :mrgreen: Thank you for sharing the story.

I think it was @debbycanty that mentioned a few days ago that Kevin's Undergarments had been spotted on someone's wish list but now I can't find them. I thought it was Okblondee7 but they are missing from her wish list. If someone spots them, please inform us.
  • Options
    Oh patooie - I am absolutely horrible!!! :disappointed:
    I missed a couple of great Simmers who have gifted me and failed to thank them!
    That's a horrible, HORRIBLE mistake on my part.

Soooo... I must redeem my accidental ungratefulness with an appreciation post.

Thank you SO very much
    @Kaela_87 and @debbycanty
    for the gifts!
    Along with other great Simmers, you've contributed to helping me own
    The Street Couture - Kids and Teens set.

I apologize for the late Thank You...
    Though this is coming in a week late, I am thankful indeed.
    :blush:

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin

• Options
    renyerookamirenyerookami Posts: 536 Member
    thanks for Kevin's undergarments @Hayley~Belle :)
    got Vinyard villa earlier and now i'm working on Everyday - Hot Summer Days and Mid-Century Modern Dining and Style Set
    updated my top 5
  • Options
    Kyrah2016 wrote: »
    @tac612 - That's Awesomely Joyful news!! A o:) baby boy <3 on the way - :star: Huzzah!
    Bird166 wrote: »
    @tac612 my boy is a July baby too! Great time to have one! (Assuming its summer where you are then?)
    Hi everyone, hope you are all ok. @tac612, watch those headaches. I'm on day two of a cluster attack of migraines, just not needed at the moment!!

@Kyrah2016 Yes it is! Thanks! :)
    @Bird166 Yes, it'll be summer when he's due! :) We're in winter now... had really strange weather last night - lots of rain, and an hour and a half thunderstorm! I couldn't sleep for the whole time since it kept me up... hubby just slept away the whole time haha.
    @Hayley~Belle Yeah I got rid of my headache last night but it came roaring back this afternoon (that seems to happen). It was a very long day at work (I'm a teacher... so add in snow day yesterday, rain today, inside recess, and a full moon earlier this week and it just made for a mess today. :(

Top 5 updated finally lol.
  • Options
    xczasiaxczasia Posts: 53 Member
    @HayleyJBelle Thank you for the Beautiful Blossom Dress!
  • Options
    tac612 wrote: »
    @tac612 - That's Awesomely Joyful news!! A o:) baby boy <3 on the way - :star: Huzzah!
    @tac612 my boy is a July baby too! Great time to have one! (Assuming its summer where you are then?)
    Hi everyone, hope you are all ok. @tac612, watch those headaches. I'm on day two of a cluster attack of migraines, just not needed at the moment!!

@Bird166 Yes, it'll be summer when he's due! :) We're in winter now... had really strange weather last night - lots of rain, and an hour and a half thunderstorm! I couldn't sleep for the whole time since it kept me up... hubby just slept away the whole time haha.
    @Hayley~Belle Yeah I got rid of my headache last night but it came roaring back this afternoon (that seems to happen). It was a very long day at work (I'm a teacher... so add in snow day yesterday, rain today, inside recess, and a full moon earlier this week and it just made for a mess today. :(

@tac612 are you in the northeast as well?
  • Options

Yes! Maine, actually.
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    edited February 2016
    Wow! I am so grateful for @Reachsims for finding my wishlist and making a huge dent in it! Those items aren't cheap! Bless you! <3<3
    @charlotteprice, you are awesome! I so appreciate the gifts from you! <3<3
    @HSmith2016 and @MaraSimmer, aka @OriginalMara, I thank you both so very much for gifting me. You both are awesome! <3<3
    @fabeme. that was the funniest story ever! Thank you for sharing! <3

ETA: @ZombieMew, I am elated for you! Congratulations on the job! :)
    I am so thankful that everyone here made it through these terrible storms. <3
    Post edited by Okblondee7 on
  • Options

Yes! Maine, actually.

I'm in Mass! How do husbands sleep through those things!? Mine snored away while I watched Frozen with our little one. We really are having strange weather around here. I guess I shouldn't complain since we're not buried in snow!
  • Options

I'm in Mass! How do husbands sleep through those things!? Mine snored away while I watched Frozen with our little one. We really are having strange weather around here. I guess I shouldn't complain since we're not buried in snow!

Yes! I scared the poor cat away when I jumped (she's been sleeping by my stomach lately- probably because I'm a bit warmer these days)! :smiley: The first few claps of thunder were ridiculous!! It calmed down after a while, but it was still loud enough to keep me up. Well, that and the lightning. Luckily, we didn't lose power.
  • Options
    By golly!!
    My Top 5 has been depleted BEFORE it was even posted!! :lol: Thank you @Bird166 :heart:
    And @Hayley~Belle thank you for the gifts! I appreciate you for watching my Wishlist, I know it's been empty for quite a while.
    I'm surprised you and Bird knew I had something in my Wishlist - I just added them! :smiley: Thank you both!!

I've updated my Top 5 :blush:

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin

• Options
    I'm off for the night. I hope everyone has a great night!