Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

showing wrong skill level?

HannahJayneBebsHannahJayneBebs Posts: 1,251 Member
for some reason, when i open the skill level panel, it's showing the wrong skill level? despite the fact i *know* my sim has a level 10 in both mixology, cooking and gourmet cooking (she's able to make all the food&drinks available, right up to level 10) it's showing "level 6 (73%" on all of them? it's not just one sim, either: it's an issue with several. it happened with the child sims, too, in fact - except, instead of showing level 6, it showed level 5 (?? i cant remember the exact percentage it was complete, tho).

so far i've tried resetting the sim (which didnt work) and cheating to raise the levels up (that didn't work, either). i got them to work on their skills, too, to see if that would budge them - but to no avail. i genuinely have no idea what to do next. has anyone else encountered this issue? i couldnt really find any solutions online, but it's super possible i've missed something.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,602 Member
    edited February 2016
    Hello.
    One of your mods may be causing issues.
    Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder one by one and testing after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

If the issue still remains, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders
  • Options
    shoot!!! sorry, i posted this in the wrong thread - that was real stupid of me. somehow i misread it as general discussion? idk yikes i havent used these forums that much since they moved to this site (sorry).
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello.
    One of your mods may be causing issues.
    Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder one by one and testing after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

i didn't think of that. oops. >< i'm very tired if you cant tell!! but i'll try that, thanks. ((tho, that being said, i only have mc command center seeing as i've only *just* recently re-installed ts4, and didnt wanna clog it up too fast, so???))

edit: oh, and i'll try that too. again: thank you for the help!
  • Options
    the mods weren't the issue, and it worked when i reset the ts4 folder - except, once i put my own stuff back in (i tested without it first?) it didn't work again? yikes. ><
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,602 Member
    the mods weren't the issue, and it worked when i reset the ts4 folder - except, once i put my own stuff back in (i tested without it first?) it didn't work again? yikes. ><

The autosave file may be causing issues. Go to your save folder in Documents -Electronic Arts-Sims 4 folder and move the slot_00000001.save file. to your desktop. That is the autosave file and could be causing issues. Then launch the game. Go to the load button ( the one with the floppy disk image) in the main screen in the game, load your save game file, play the game and see if it is working okay.

If you still have issues, your save file may be corrupt. You could save your sims to your library, then start a new save game file and place them in it. They will lose though any relationships that your sims has with sims not in their household, and will lose their inventory and collections progress.