Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    DaraB224DaraB224 Posts: 9 New Member
    Hi everyone! I've decided to try out some story telling with my sims when I recently came across the asylum challenge. I thought that could be an interesting way to jump into all this! Does anyone have any suggestions for a first time story teller? Do you all let your sims do their own thing and create as you go, or have a set plan in mind and make it happen? I'm really excited to get started and am looking forward to checking into many of your blogs! :smiley:
  • Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    @friendsfan367

This is Baby Penguin
    10-18-15_9-07-20c2a0pm.png

wpid-10-27-15_1-03-19c2a0am_1.jpg
    01-15-16_8-11-39c2a0pm_1.jpg

She's adorable :D Her face in that first pictures is cute and hilarious!

Thanks! I loved that face
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited February 2016
    DaraB224 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I've decided to try out some story telling with my sims when I recently came across the asylum challenge. I thought that could be an interesting way to jump into all this! Does anyone have any suggestions for a first time story teller? Do you all let your sims do their own thing and create as you go, or have a set plan in mind and make it happen? I'm really excited to get started and am looking forward to checking into many of your blogs! :smiley:

Hi @DaraB224 :) For my story, I take pictures first without any plan in mind, then I create the story by looking at the screenies I took. Once I see a solid plotline forming, I start to set up and plan scenes. :)

You can also check out my story Undead With Benefits :)
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @friendsfan367

This is Baby Penguin
    10-18-15_9-07-20c2a0pm.png

wpid-10-27-15_1-03-19c2a0am_1.jpg
    01-15-16_8-11-39c2a0pm_1.jpg

She's adorable :D Her face in that first pictures is cute and hilarious!

Thanks! I loved that face

her eyes are closed in the first picture.
  • Options
    Skyfri_HimmelSkyfri_Himmel Posts: 846 Member

Hi :) Well first off it would probably wise to choose which point of view you will be writing in - first person or third person. And then what is the story gonna be about? Is it a form of legacy?

You are welcome to check out my Bloom legacy https://thebloomlegacyblog.wordpress.com/

It's on generation 4 so far, but I'm just about to move onto generation 5 in a few chapters. :) I would love for you to follow and like it :)
    Origin ID: Kaffepigen

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^
    The Sims 3 picture story: imgur.com/a/5A0Sg

The Sims 4 picture story: imgur.com/a/xyPhW
  • Options
    pronterus wrote: »

Hi @DaraB224 :) For my story, I take pictures first without any plan in mind, then I create the story by looking at the screenies I took. Once I see a solid plotline forming, I start to set up and plan scenes. :)

I do that too! :D I think it is the best way to do it.

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^

• Options
    KitDragonFlightKitDragonFlight Posts: 6,219 Member
    Uploading screenshots from the first two days of #Simspression!
  • Options
    And funny bit of trivia, I downloaded the teen Lucas (thought he was beardless YA LOL) And he and CT got real chatty, and next thing I know, SHE IS FLIRTY WHILE IN CONVO!
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    pronterus wrote: »

I do that too! :D I think it is the best way to do it.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who does that haha!

• Options
    SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    I haven't had a cup of coffee at home for a week now, I need to put it back into my home life xD
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • Options
    i miss writing but im trying to build to the wedding since it won't happen til at lest tuesday. iran out of ideas.
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    And funny bit of trivia, I downloaded the teen Lucas (thought he was beardless YA LOL) And he and CT got real chatty, and next thing I know, SHE IS FLIRTY WHILE IN CONVO!

Scandalous!!! Especially since @CathyTea founded #TeamBeard hahahahahaha

(And hehe @KitDragonFlight YA Lucas is in the household with my simself! :) But teen Lucas is cute and sweet, so I approve :tongue:)

And welcome @DaraB224 !!! Everyone has different approaches! :blush: Two out of my three stories are 100% pre-planned before I screenshot. One is about 85% pre-planned before :lol: So I am on one extreme of the spectrum. But there's definitely no right or wrong way to do it! :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    i miss writing but im trying to build to the wedding since it won't happen til at lest tuesday. iran out of ideas.

My simmers are getting married as well. Writing about it right now actually :)

• Options

(And hehe @KitDragonFlight YA Lucas is in the household with my simself! :) But teen Lucas is cute and sweet, so I approve :tongue:)

And welcome @DaraB224 !!! Everyone has different approaches! :blush: Two out of my three stories are 100% pre-planned before I screenshot. One is about 85% pre-planned before :lol: So I am on one extreme of the spectrum. But there's definitely no right or wrong way to do it! :)

*smacks self* been meaning to ask you which one is your simself...sigh. Oh well, YA Lucas and you are in 2nd session! So woohoo! And yes, I was sitting there thinking...CT, hon, aren't you happily married and loving Elder Wolff-Tea elsewhere?!
  • Options

*smacks self* been meaning to ask you which one is your simself...sigh. Oh well, YA Lucas and you are in 2nd session! So woohoo! And yes, I was sitting there thinking...CT, hon, aren't you happily married and loving Elder Wolff-Tea elsewhere?!

Hehehehe Yeah we are in that "reaper" household and I have cc (Idk if you downloaded us yet :tongue:)

Does this mean we get two versions of Lucas in this? My heart may not be able to take it! :lol:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options

My simmers are getting married as well. Writing about it right now actually :)

i get to play a little on monday because otherwise my female sim will throw up at her wedding . not exactly a good idea. so the baby comes monday and the wedding is tuesday.
  • Options

Hehehehe Yeah we are in that "reaper" household and I have cc (Idk if you downloaded us yet :tongue:)

Does this mean we get two versions of Lucas in this? My heart may not be able to take it! :lol:

send yourself through a copy machine then you will have 2 hearts.
  • Options

teen for session 1 and ya for session 2 so maybe? lol, better take some tums!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    ALSO...*drum rolls* making the postie now, then after I will be doing build prep for a new...*dun dun duuuuuun* SONG SHORT. And y'all get to know the song early, because it was inspired by another game I am a fanatic about, and the story is pretty heavy. So there will be sort of explanatory clips at the bottom for those who are interested, hence getting to know the song now. I will be a crying mess doing this because....._. the story. the characters. Oh. Oh my heart, stop shuddering! Ahem...without further adu!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49tpIMDy9BE
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

Oh, goodness! CT! Yes, young CT is happily married to Elder... and Animal Hat CT is happily engaged to Cocoa Pigglewiggle (from Rae's legacy--and they have adorable twins.) CT definitely has a thing for legacy spares or cousins... and, seeing as Lucas is strictly off limits--especially since he's a teen! Duh! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

Oh, goodness! CT! Yes, young CT is happily married to Elder... and Animal Hat CT is happily engaged to Cocoa Pigglewiggle (from Rae's legacy--and they have adorable twins.) CT definitely has a thing for legacy spares or cousins... and, seeing as Lucas is strictly off limits--especially since he's a teen! Duh! :)

Don't worry, no discriminating pictures were taken, don't want to damage her reputation!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Testing
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @CathyTea 's simself cannot deny her attraction to Lucas like the real CT can ;):lol: (even if she's being a little creepy... :tongue:)

If Alex was in your game @KitDragonFlight then there'd be a real lady problem. My word. *fans self* (okay, I'm done being weird :lol:)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    is it simslover163 or 123? -_- I cannot remember lol
  • Options
    WORDPRESS. IS DRIVING ME INSANE.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file