Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who is your TV Provider?

Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
As the title says...

My TV provider is Directv. o:)
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.

Comments

• Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
    edited January 2016
    If you look on the news you will find my cable company as they are the only ones acting crazy right now.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Cox Communications, and I love that Fox Sports 1 & 2 are both in HD. I'll appreciate it more while watching the Rolex 24 at Daytona this weekend. :)
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    fatbat21fatbat21 Posts: 1,527 Member
    If you look on the news you will find my cable company as they are the only ones acting crazy right now.

Time Warner?
  • Options
    fatbat21fatbat21 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Wow! I mostly stream via my Apple TV though!
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
    edited January 2016
    fatbat21 wrote: »

Time Warner?

Cox Communications. They are fighting with Nexstar (the owner of CBs)who is holding the Super Bowl hostage during transmission negotiations. it's childish but we aren't switching.

In a few months, the Summer Olympics will be held hostage while two petty companies battle it out, and in August, the Pre season games will be held hostage, and the World Series because none of these companies know how to solve these problems without using their consumers as pawns. And Cox is not horrible, but they're great either. Their so so. I've have worst companies.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Don't own a tv.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    edited January 2016
    I don't understand the question.

TV is free to air in Australia.
    Though we technically have a couple of cable channels, only one is national, and it's too expensive for average people to have. (hence why we're the pirate kings. No. Actually, we're pirate kings because we don't have legal access to a lot of stuff that you get)

The ABC and SBS are what I watch the most.

SBS was the first channel of it's kind in the world, it's multicultural, and mulitlingual. Though we call it one channel, it's really 6, plus a streaming site, plus a radio station.

The ABC has 5 channels, a streaming site, and about 10 or so radio stations.

Each of Australia's main free to air tv stations have several channels, though it does vary from region to region.

Personally, I don't have a TV.
    I just stream the content I want to watch from the ABC site, or from SBS, there are times when I'll stream from Ten, but it's pretty rare. Or I'll watch Netflix (au)
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    No one. I dont have cable. I cancelled it three years ago. I'm always online.
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    If we're talking about cable providers Dish Network.
    If not Netflix and Hulu.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Shaw

I don't watch it much though, most of the few shows I watch don't interest anybody else in my house, so I just watch them online if I can and/or buy the DVD's when they come out if I can swing it.
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Apple TV
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Time Warner

If it was up to me then I would cancel cable. I only have it turned on while I'm cleaning or laying on the couch.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Time Warner

If it was up to me then I would cancel cable. I only have it turned on while I'm cleaning or laying on the couch.

I tried cutting the cable, but the one year I went without sports car racing I was miserable. But I may do it again soon. Most of those races are online for free now.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    The air and some metal stuck to the roof, and streaming services. We cut the cable a couple of years ago. Money saved goes to beer for watching sports in bars. We don't watch enough sports to subscribe to sport-specific services, but there's a lot less over-the-air than there used to be.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    free-to-air TV in Australia
  • Options
    EvermoreRocksEvermoreRocks Posts: 83 Member
    netflix haha
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I don't have a TV. That's what the interweb is for.
  • Options
    I bought an HD monitor tonight. There's a good possibility I'll be turning in my cable box in a few weeks. I'm going to buy an over-the-air antenna for live sporting events on network TV, and then go online for everything else.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Suddenlink (same as internet). If it weren't for Supernatural, I'd cancel my cable and just stick with my Netflix.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    Suddenlink (same as internet). If it weren't for Supernatural, I'd cancel my cable and just stick with my Netflix.
    Don't even get me started on Suddenlink's internet! -.-
    XD
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Comcast for both internet and Cable.Even though I am online majority of the time.But when The Walking Dead is on I am glued to it like a freak.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Angel98366Angel98366 Posts: 57 Member
    I have Directv
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Angel98366 wrote: »
    I have Directv

Same.
    Comcast for both internet and Cable.Even though I am online majority of the time.But when The Walking Dead is on I am glued to it like a freak.

Same. :#
  • Options
    Nancy01905Nancy01905 Posts: 3,929 Member
    Shaw for my tv, net and phone
  • Options
    Mikai94Mikai94 Posts: 42 Member
    Eastlink!
    giphy.gif
    Ever walk into a room and forget what you were going to do? Maybe that is because someone deleted the action on you.