Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

thank you for the useless aspiration

thank you for the useless aspirations that should of never return to the sims4 the first being the grilled cheese aspiration the second being the useless kleptto trait i would much rather see useful content like workable washers and dryers cars new kitchen appliances to name a few not some useless pointless aspiration that makes no sense well then my sims will never cook grilled cheese then
If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(

Comments

• Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    For once, I agree you with you. The Kleptomaniac trait is alright, but ugh! I was hoping the grilled cheese aspiration would die in Sims 2.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    For once, I agree you with you. The Kleptomaniac trait is alright, but ugh! I was hoping the grilled cheese aspiration would die in Sims 2.

thank you sorry if my post sound a little rude but for me these a 2 traits i do not find much use for and wanted to apoligize in advance
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I'm like both things personally, so I'm happy to see both in the game. The grilled cheese aspiration seems to have the wrong picture on it though. XD
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    I like it! It's such a classic Sims thing, even if it's not a "useful" classic Sims thing. I used to use it a lot :) If the game were nothing but utility, it would lose its fun for me.

*cough* #TeamPlayableGnomes *cough*
    I so want playable gnomes too. <3 Yeah it was mentioned in the family thread how they brought aspects of each of the three games into the patch. I thought that was a nice tribute to it being the anniversary today.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm actually super excited about this patch! It looks amazing; I can't wait to play it when I get home.

ETA I noticed almost all the throwback updates were actually requested in the forums, as well. ;)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,903 Member
    I don't recall ever having a klepto sim in previous games but for some reason it just seems to fit perfectly this version. I'm going to make a new sim with the Klepto trait and move her into my existing household just to see how it works. I'll be giving her the Grilled Cheese aspiration also.
  • Options
    ToastyChanToastyChan Posts: 153 Member
    Personally I love the return of the grilled cheese aspiration, because it feels like some of the games' original weirdness comes back lol
    And in TS3 I used the klepto trait a lot tp furnish my house for free lol
    "I've always loved the M35-Mako. It's got a heart, you know?" - James Vega

Simblr: witchybot.tumblr.com
    EA ID: KaKaPeuPeu
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    I too wish washers and dryers will return but I think the klepto trait might be quite fun. Will remind me of when I played my thief in Skyrim. Steal everything!
  • Options
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    I too wish washers and dryers will return but I think the klepto trait might be quite fun. Will remind me of when I played my thief in Skyrim. Steal everything!
    Well if washers and dryers do return, would be interesting to see Sims steal them. XD
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I like it! It's such a classic Sims thing, even if it's not a "useful" classic Sims thing. I used to use it a lot :)

Yeah, I agree, I like the fact they've brought this back as homage to TS2. I hope to see more of this type of content; this sort of thing gives the game charm.

There's still gardeners, if you want something more integral to your gameplay.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I like it! It's such a classic Sims thing, even if it's not a "useful" classic Sims thing. I used to use it a lot :)

Yeah, I agree, I like the fact they've brought this back as homage to TS2. I hope to see more of this type of content; this sort of thing gives the game charm.

So you're on #TeamPlayableGnomes too, then, with me and @Scobre, right? right?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

<3 #TeamPlayableGnomes
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I have one klepto sim in my Sims 3 game and she's a hoot. But the grilled cheese one, ugh, I really dislike it. I had to use Insim to change my one sim in Sims 2. All she did was roll wants to eat, paint, cook, talk, share, etc. about grilled cheese. It was just waaaay too much.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,970 Member
    Don't care for the Grilled cheese aspiration and more than likely not use it but I know others will so enjoy! :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    It took me five years to play a kleptomaniac. Now it's my favourite trait. I don't care one bit for washers and dryers in the game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I think it's awesome that they brought back the grilled cheese, and I don't even have the game. Klepto is a great trait, I really like it.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

Oh yes, it'd be awesome if they were anything like the ones from Makin' Magic in TS1, but actually playable!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnb4kJOv23Y
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member

Oh yes, it'd be awesome if they were anything like the ones from Makin' Magic in TS1, but actually playable!

Still VERY possible in a magic themed EP! :wink:
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member

I LOVE klepto sims!
    I even build secret basements to stash their, um, acquired possessions :P
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I would love to have back washers and dryers! :D
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member

I agree.... it is these kind of ideas etc that add to the charm of the game. Not everything has to be useful and 'serious' in my book. I like the quirky and the silly along with the more focused and achievable.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member
    Oh come on, OP! It's just a little fun! Anniversary gifts should speak to the heart of the series, and The Sims have always been about the silly and the weird. So of course the gifts are going to be silly and weird too.

I miss those gnomes every day of my life! Add me to #TeamPlayableGnomes! In fact, I'm #TeamRemakeMakinMagicForTS4 (too long?).

Best EP of ALL TIME!
  • Options
    Simmer_RaySimmer_Ray Posts: 534 Member

i miss that alot that was fun and funny times messing around with them in the sims 1 i also miss the gnomes moving around on there own going from outside to inside like in the sims 3 it was like a spooky thing that bug my sims to the point of kicking them
    6d857729b5cf50b45c3a0cb8a112146f.gif
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    I'm not even playing TS4 right now, but I think the grilled cheese aspiration is cute. Useful? No. Funny? Yes. I'm not opposed to adding a few things in just for the sake of fun. It is a game, after all. :smile:

I do think it would be nice if washers/dryers/laundry etc. and more household tasks make it into the game eventually, though. So, here's hoping that you get the content you want someday, OP.
    IHJCfa6.jpg