Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    Good night dear @erikafreirets3! @Okblondee7 is correct. The CYS (Complete Your Set) discount does not apply to worlds or venues (and a few sets). These must all be purchased in whole, not in part. There may be some worlds show up in the MMAO for you at various discounts but I didn't buy any of them that way because I owned them all before MMAO existed. Sunlit Tides and its venue both appear on the Daily Deal rotation and so they can both be obtained for their best (lowest) price that way but to get them on the DD, one must have the SimPoints to buy them. Like Okblondee mentioned, it might be easier to win some of them through lotteries and contests/giveaways, etc...

It's not a hopeless situation at all, however. I am sure I am not the only one out there who looks to see who has access to SP and passes along gifts to those most in need first.
  • Options
    AssirkAssirk Posts: 564 Member
    Top 5 updated! :smile:
    The New DD Tracking Thread!!
    Cascade Thread
    Feel free to add me as a friend here: My Page! ^_^
  • Options
    erikafreirets3erikafreirets3 Posts: 61 Member
    @Reachsims @Okblondee7 Thank you for the explanation ! You are very thoughtful , the main reason to participate in this forum , the love of you , comforts us and not the page out of the will. hihi :)

One more question , where do I find contests ? The worlds are unfortunately very expensive :'(
  • Options
    Bird166Bird166 Posts: 443 Member
    When you have a huge thank you post written and it disappears... :s

I'll be back...
  • Options
    Bird166Bird166 Posts: 443 Member
    Today has been the most amazing day here for me! I thank all of you generous simmers from the bottom of my heart!! <3

Thank you so much @scillakees for knocking out my Top 5 with Very Vicious, Slack Attack Teen, Femme Hawk Fatale, my rebel teenagers thank you as well! Also thank you for helping me get closer to Full Regal Living by gifting me the Morris Wide Curtain! And I love the Summer Ties Dress! Very kind of you and I appreciate your generosity!!

A BIG thanks to @Okblondee7 who knocked out my second Top 5 and then some!! Wow! You were on a huge gifting spree!! I loved all your comments on each item as well! So funny!!! My teenagers will all be well dressed (in their eyes only) with The Teen Lady Blaze, Break Your Dark Heart Teen (funny name), The Stormer Teen, The Stylin' Saggy (your fav), The Teen Mosher (for the mosh pit of course), and the Viv Teen. These will help me get the 2 sets I'm working on!! Also thank you for the Undone Gentleman :# and the very pretty Day to Night Evening Dress!!

Such a great day!! xx

• Options
    @Reachsims @Okblondee7 Thank you for the explanation ! You are very thoughtful , the main reason to participate in this forum , the love of you , comforts us and not the page out of the will. hihi :)
    One more question , where do I find contests ? The worlds are unfortunately very expensive :'(
    The contests come and go and they are most always found in the gifting forum so you must look at the thread titles and watch for them to show up.

For this thread, I will say this. We are looking at approaching 1000 pages soon (within a week or two) and I plan on sending out some nice surprises when we hit that mark because this thread had been running since May of 2011 and we can afford to splurge when we get there. So, for those who hang around, there will be some nice surprises. This will be the Gifting Directory's Fifth Anniversary!

For now, however, if there is ONE world you truly want, it should be on your wish list. It might bother some people for me to say this, so I say it with some trepidation but I am really not interested in helping simmers "own the store." I never wanted to own the store and have no understanding of such a concept. I only wanted what I wanted. I don't like everything in the store. Do you like everything (I mean, EVERYTHING) at one of your local stores? I don't think so. At my local grocery, I buy 2% milk. I don't buy whole milk (4% fat). Neither do I buy coconut water. Drinking fresh milk from a coconut is much better. So, I use discretion when I shop and I use some discipline when I decide what I want. It's that simple.

If you are in love with one special world, put it on your wish list. You never know when someone will have the urge to give you that very world you dreamed of. If you put five worlds on your wish list, we don't know what you want most of all and might skip you by because you don't really know what you want. Wanting it all has lots of drawbacks but focusing on what you *really want* is much more successful. That's another reason I really encourage our friends to keep a short wish list - so we know what you really want - NOW.

Sorry... I got really wordy there but I hope you understand. That's a lot of translating to do for our friends who don't speak English well. My apologies to them. :#

• Options
    corvelobeatrizcorvelobeatriz Posts: 38 Member
    guys, guys! incredible news: now i'm a member, yaaay! with this, i'm finally updating my top 5 <3 anyway, this is all. good night/morning/afternoon!
    Hello, how's it going?
    I hope you have an incredible day, sweetheart.
  • Options
    I am thrilled for you @CorveloBeatriz! If that beautiful new avatar is you, you're simply gorgeous and full of joy! :mrgreen: If it's really you, you better change it as our own images are not allowed here. LOL. Congratulations on your full member status!

[talking to myself - It's probably some famous movie star and I don't know who she is. LOL. I don't watch television, but I do download a couple favorite shows. I've never seen that beautiful woman but I LOVE her joy filled smile!]
  • Options
    fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
    Okay, so I've calculated everything again to be sure that I didn't miss anything.

In order of DD :
    • Mid Century Modern Kitchen Marvels : 1 SP - Feb/4
    • Country Livin' : Free - Feb/4
    • Regal Living Kitchen Set : Free - Feb/4
    • Dreams of India : Free - Feb/4
    • Bayside Bathroom Set : Free - Feb/5
    • Imperial Bedroom Zen : Free - Feb/5
    • Runway Riot : Free - Feb/6
    • Storybook Bathroom Set : Free - Feb/7
    • Go All In Compilation : Free - Feb/8
    • Storybook Bathroom Set : Free - Feb/8
    • Ultra Lounge Bedroom Set : Free - Feb/8
    • Luxe Lounge Spa : Free - Feb/9
    • Mid-Century Fantasy : 1 SP - Feb/10
    • Oktoberfest Celebration : 143 SP - Feb/10
    • Loud, Fast, Clash! - Attire : 435 SP - Feb/10
    • Storybook Dining Room Set : 106 SP - Feb/12
    • Hacienda Luxury : 320 SP - Feb/12
    • BahHaus : 12 SP - Feb/13
    • Luxury Resort Attire : 555 SP - Feb/13
    • Palace of Versailles : 349 SP - Feb/13
    • Waning Moon : 660 SP - Feb/15

I have a question about the Bayside Kitchen Set that will be on sale Feb/12, is it really 1% off, or a mistake ? Because this seems really ridiculous...

I've updated my Top 5 and my wishlist :)

@Okblondee7 eheh no I don't own the store, but I got so much gift the last days that all my schedule has been completed and I didn't though that it would be so fast so I had to take the time to look at the next DD and what items to add into my wishlist xD

For those who have difficulties to know the amount of gifts they should receive to have the green button without spoiling too much SP, I found something that help me a lot. I almost get free, -2 SP, -2 SP, 1 SP with that trick. If it can help you, I'll tell you how I calculate everything :

I use this to find how much the set will cost me. Then I use the number it gives me and add 10% of its amount. For example, if I have to pay 100 SP to get a set the day of the DD, I add 10 SP (10% of 100) to this number and it become 110. This mean that if I want to have the set free, I have to receive a total of 110 SP in gifts. Then I choose the items that will bring me to that amount.
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • Options
    laurelarlaurelar Posts: 383 Member
    @Reachsims I believe it is the girl from Reign. I got behind on that show and haven't watched most of it. But she is very beautiful.

Hi guys! I've been out all day. I'm gonna settle the baby and look over the new sales and say my thank yous and update my top 5.
  • Options
    debbycantydebbycanty Posts: 285 Member
    You're welcome @Assirk @LaineeCheri and @Hayley~Belle :)
  • Options
    Thanks @Laurelar! I was thinking she was slightly familiar but I could not place her. I do watch Reign but I will not watch the current season until it is complete. Like so many others, I prefer to watch a season after it's finished so sometimes, for the few shows I follow, I don't get around to watching a season (in binge fashion) until it's completed. Cuddle your baby and enjoy that precious time. We'll catch up with you tomorrow. Love your little one while you can. *hugs*
  • Options
    AssirkAssirk Posts: 564 Member
    Thanks for the gifts @debbycanty! Those individual items are really nice! :smile:
    The New DD Tracking Thread!!
    Cascade Thread
    Feel free to add me as a friend here: My Page! ^_^
  • Options
    corvelobeatrizcorvelobeatriz Posts: 38 Member
    Reachsims wrote: »
    I am thrilled for you @CorveloBeatriz! If that beautiful new avatar is you, you're simply gorgeous and full of joy! :mrgreen: If it's really you, you better change it as our own images are not allowed here. LOL. Congratulations on your full member status!

[talking to myself - It's probably some famous movie star and I don't know who she is. LOL. I don't watch television, but I do download a couple favorite shows. I've never seen that beautiful woman but I LOVE her joy filled smile!]

Oh, the girl in my avatar is Adelaide Kane from Reign! I couldn't find some good screenshots from my sims, so I put this, lol. And yesss, Adelaide's smile make me wanna smile too, she's too beautiful.
    Hello, how's it going?
    I hope you have an incredible day, sweetheart.
  • Options
    JArch3rJArch3r Posts: 2 New Member
    Any woman full of joy is gorgeous!
  • Options
    JArch3r wrote: »
    Any woman full of joy is gorgeous!

I couldn't agree more. It's been a long and busy, but fruitful and productive day. I'm off to bed but wish you all pleasant dreams and good things for the morrow. Be good to yourselves and we'll catch you in the morning. Thanks to all! <3

• Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    edited February 2016
    good morning simmers just woke up for two gifts from bird166 I don't really know your name here?? and @Hayley~Belle thanks for the 2 gifts!! ;)
  • Options
    and by the way top 5 updated ;);)
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    @Reachsims. you are right about owning the store. I can now confess that there were some things I really didn't care for; but I got caught up in the 'moment' so to speak. Mother Russia is a good example. Had it not been such a great price on the DD, I would have left it off completely.

The advice about the Worlds is great. For instance, I gifted a World today, but for the life of me, I forgot who I gifted it to! I really need to write these things down. My point though, was it was the only World on their list, so I figured it must be special.

Enjoy the evening and have a great tomorrow everyone! <3
  • Options
    fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
    Okblondee7 wrote: »
    @Reachsims. you are right about owning the store. I can now confess that there were some things I really didn't care for; but I got caught up in the 'moment' so to speak. Mother Russia is a good example. Had it not been such a great price on the DD, I would have left it off completely.

The advice about the Worlds is great. For instance, I gifted a World today, but for the life of me, I forgot who I gifted it to! I really need to write these things down. My point though, was it was the only World on their list, so I figured it must be special.

Enjoy the evening and have a great tomorrow everyone! <3

When I look into my billing history I can see items that I have received, but also gifted and it say the name of the person :)
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • Options
    thanks @debbycanty for the spice rack the more the better :):)
  • Options
    laurelarlaurelar Posts: 383 Member
    Thank you @Reachsims @Kyrah2016 and @maria_loves_alex for the gifts last night! I got a green download on Fairy Attire today. I was so busy I almost forgot, and I am glad I happened to have my phone at the right time to remind me. Imperial Bedroom Zen should also be free on DD.
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    You're welcome @Martje89, @fabeme, and @MsRed! :smiley:

Hey, @Reachsims! All has been well! I've been on the road a lot lately, or at least it feels like it, lol. During those rare times I'm in the passenger seat I'm lurking on the forums and point farming. I feel so behind. :lol: I hope you're doing well! :heart:
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    hi just finshed my new home!!! link:http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8842687 thanks for seeing ;);)