Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @friendsfan367 and @Rorygilmore34 where are your random lists?

Did I miss something? @CathyTea

We're doing lists of ten random things about ourselves! It's possible you listed yours and I didn't see it! They're fun. I learned new things about @Pegasus143 and @SummerFalls !

Wow! 10 random things?!! Okay!

1) I've met the Dalai Lama. It was amazing. Just him, a friend of his and I. :)

2) I have a tattoo and piercings.

3) I used to own a motorcycle.

4) I have bright blue hair.

5) I'm a vegetarian.

6) I used to be a competitive dancer and would perform on National TV. (ESPN)

7) I was a college cheerleader.

8) I've kissed a dolphin.

9) I've slept in an aquarium surrounded by sharks.

10) I'm an animal lover.

:)

Girl!? lol well I knew a couple of these but WOAH! the Dali lama? You were a national dancer?!!
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • Options
    RoryPlaysTheSimsRoryPlaysTheSims Posts: 5,330 Member
    edited January 2016

We're doing lists of ten random things about ourselves! It's possible you listed yours and I didn't see it! They're fun. I learned new things about @Pegasus143 and @SummerFalls !

5) I'm a vegetarian.

10) I'm an animal lover.

These are amazing! How incredible that you met the Dalai Lama with just him and his friend! I would love to hear about that--what did it feel like? I passed by him in a hallway at college--he was there to give a talk. I loved the way the air felt so peaceful and full of joy!

You've got awesome things on your list! <3

@simslover163 @Julyvee94 @CathyTea I went to hear him speak years ago and I was walking down a hallway to put some stuff in my car. He came through a door with a friend and stopped right in front of me. I knew not to shake his hand or take a picture (out of respect) so I just stood there in shock that he just appeared. He stopped, smiled at me and waited for me to speak. I was so shocked I just broke out into a fit of giggles. He and his friend started laughing. And that was it.

He had a calm, bright, happy, peaceful air about him. I loved it. :) We literally just stood there and giggled at each other! :) There I was, in a random hallway, inches apart from the Dalai Lama and we were laughing our butts off! :smile:
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    @Penguinwa101 Salutations!! We all miss you!! :)

It's understandable that you're busy with class work! So am I, haha. We all have some other things to deal with in our personal lives. Anyways, I look forward to the new series! :smiley:
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @CathyTea I went to hear him speak years ago and I was walking down a hallway to put some stuff in my car. He came through a door with a friend and stopped right in front of me. I knew not to shake his hand or take a picture (out of respect) so I just stood there in shock that he just appeared. He stopped, smiled at me and waited for me to speak. I was so shocked I just broke out into a fit of giggles. He and his friend started laughing. And that was it.

He had a calm, bright, happy, peaceful air about him. I loved it. :) We literally just stood there and giggled at each other! :) There I was, in a random hallway, inches apart from the Dalai Lama and we were laughing our butts off! :smile:

That sounds like about the best meeting possible with him! After all, what more is there to say? Laughter says it all!

When I saw him in the hall, I remember his smile and twinkling eyes! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    @Rorygilmore34 woah those are some awesome facts! Are there videos of you dancing? ^^

Alas, @Julyvee94 , this was in the olden days of VHS. :) So it isn't on the Internet. I've done professional football half times and I was a prima ballerina in a Disneyland Parade as well. :)

bad tinkerbell now i feel old. lol love you. tackle hugs.

Hahhahaa @friendsfan367 ! VHS! Yay! What are your 10 facts?
  • Options
    Meggles wrote: »
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Rorygilmore34 woah those are some awesome facts! Are there videos of you dancing? ^^

Alas, Julyvee94 , this was in the olden days of VHS. :) So it isn't on the Internet. I've done professional football half times and I was a prima ballerina in a Disneyland Parade as well. :)

@Rorygilmore34 This is my super impressed face!
    Shocked-Jaw-Drop-British-Man_408x408.jpg

@Meggles ACTUAL tears I'm laughing so hard! :)
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    @Rorygilmore34
    It sounds like you've lived an exciting life! :open_mouth:

@friendsfan367
    You're not the only one who hasn't done a list! (You reminded me that I should probably do one at some point)

@Penguinwa101
    Hello there!
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    rednenemon wrote: »
    @Rorygilmore34

@friendsfan367
    You're not the only one who hasn't done a list! (You reminded me that I should probably do one at some point)

@Penguinwa101
    Hello there!

done what now i don't know what i said.lol never mind the quotshowed it.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Oh how fun! May I jump on the band wagon?!

1) I'm in college and... I have a 4.0 GPA!

2) I have a YouTube channel (it's TOTALLY not that good in my opinion LOL)

3) I have Sparkalaphobia (please tell me that someone in here knows what it is.) *cough* *cough* it's the fear of glitter and it's NO JOKE!

4) I have preformed in Graceland in Elvis's front yard!

5) I also have preformed with the U.S. National Air Force Band in Colorado.

6) I'm a film major.

7) 3/4's of my family is in the medical field and I know a whole lot of medical knowledge than an average citizen should know! LOL :D

8 ) My uncle had a VERY successful memoir about his tour of duty in WWII and was a part of the hit miniseries "The Pacific"

9) due to the fact above... I've been in the same room with VISUAL eye contact with Tom Hanks, I didn't get to talk to him BUT I was in a NON-entertainment/ non-celebrity atmosphere, at the same place and same time as Tom Hanks...

10) I'm obsessed with Greek mythology... always have and always will be!
    3gXRDPf.gif
  • Options

5) I'm a vegetarian.

10) I'm an animal lover.

Girl!? lol well I knew a couple of these but WOAH! the Dali lama? You were a national dancer?!!

@Penguinwa101 The Dalai Lama was incredible. It still makes me giggle that I didn't even try to impress him. It was just 3 people just being with each other laughing hysterically. :) A true and honest form of expression from the soul- laughter. :)

Yep, I used to dance for a studio as well. Jazz, tap, ballet. Disney was fun. :) Competitive Cheerleading was my favorite! :)
  • Options
    rednenemon wrote: »
    @Rorygilmore34

@friendsfan367

@Penguinwa101
    Hello there!

@rednenemon Definitely! :)
  • Options
    @CathyTea I went to hear him speak years ago and I was walking down a hallway to put some stuff in my car. He came through a door with a friend and stopped right in front of me. I knew not to shake his hand or take a picture (out of respect) so I just stood there in shock that he just appeared. He stopped, smiled at me and waited for me to speak. I was so shocked I just broke out into a fit of giggles. He and his friend started laughing. And that was it.

That sounds like about the best meeting possible with him! After all, what more is there to say? Laughter says it all!

When I saw him in the hall, I remember his smile and twinkling eyes! :)

@CathyTea Yes, YES! The twinkle! And his bright and happy face! :)
  • Options

Oh how fun! May I jump on the band wagon?!

1) I'm in college and... I have a 4.0 GPA!

2) I have a YouTube channel (it's TOTALLY not that good in my opinion LOL)

3) I have Sparkalaphobia (please tell me that someone in here knows what it is.) *cough* *cough* it's the fear of glitter and it's NO JOKE!

4) I have preformed in Graceland in Elvis's front yard!

5) I also have preformed with the U.S. National Air Force Band in Colorado.

6) I'm a film major.

7) 3/4's of my family is in the medical field and I know a whole lot of medical knowledge than an average citizen should know! LOL :D

8 ) My uncle had a VERY successful memoir about his tour of duty in WWII and was a part of the hit miniseries "The Pacific"

9) due to the fact above... I've been in the same room with VISUAL eye contact with Tom Hanks, I didn't get to talk to him BUT I was in a NON-entertainment/ non-celebrity atmosphere, at the same place and same time as Tom Hanks...

10) I'm obsessed with Greek mythology... always have and always will be!

Wow @Penguinwa101 ! I love your list! What did you perform? Did you sing?!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @Rorygilmore34 Yes/ No LOL I played trumpet for the LONGEST TIME, about 10 years! LOL :D BUT i was part of the vocals for about 2 to 3 bars in Blue Suede AND in Hound dog SO... LOL :D i guess both???? LOL :D
    3gXRDPf.gif
  • Options
    @Rorygilmore34 Yes/ No LOL I played trumpet for the LONGEST TIME, about 10 years! LOL :D BUT i was pair of the vocals for about 2 to 3 bars in Blue Suede AND in Hound dog SO... LOL :D i guess both???? LOL :D

Awesome!! @Penguinwa101 !! :)
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @Rorygilmore34 Yes/ No LOL I played trumpet for the LONGEST TIME, about 10 years! LOL :D BUT i was pair of the vocals for about 2 to 3 bars in Blue Suede AND in Hound dog SO... LOL :D i guess both???? LOL :D

Awesome list, Mr. Penguin! What a rich and wonderful family history--and I love your musical background! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    zbern12zbern12 Posts: 445 Member
    Everyone here has the coolest facts then I'm here like 'I have a cat' xD
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    the site ate my facts aparently their not intresting.
  • Options
    JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    Okay, I am super late, but I've been out all day. So, here's chapter 2.20.
    cover19.png?w=780
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    I now realize I should do my ten facts, or else I'll forget. They're nothing spectacular, but...

1. I thought of going to college after I graduated, but ultimately decided not to for some reason (same went with me going into the military)
    2. During middle school, I played the trombone (terribly)
    3. I play more video games than I probably should.
    4. For a very long time, I thought I was short (turns out I wasn't. Everyone around me was just really tall).
    5. I never have any all time favorites. My favorites always seem to change with the seasons, if not quicker. :tired_face:
    6. I'm overweight, and I have been for as long as I can remember. I've tried losing weight, but nothing worked. :disappointed: (perhaps I'm not going about it right?)
    7. For some reason, I was good with pottery in school, but I've always been terrible with painting and drawing. (Nothing comes out the way I want it to)
    8. I absolutely love just about any kind of music. What I'm in the mood for, however, depends on, well, my mood.
    9. Reading and watching shows on Netflix are my favorite ways to pass the time. Sadly lately, I haven't had time to do much of either.
    10. I'm very forgetful, and no good at making choices.

...I live a very boring life. :(
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    StitchluverStitchluver Posts: 126 Member
    Hey guys! I just posted Chapter 1.02 for The Moreno Legacy! You can check it out here.
  • Options
    RinellieRinellie Posts: 438 Member
    zbern12 wrote: »
    Everyone here has the coolest facts then I'm here like 'I have a cat' xD

I don't know, I think having a pet is pretty cool ;) I'm jealous!

I've really enjoyed reading everyone's lists, so I thought I'd write my own.

1. My name's Brittany. I'm 22, and I'm from the Midwest in the US.
    2. I studied Mandarin in college and am currently in China working as an English teacher. I teach cute kindergarten kids! :)
    3. My favorite video game of all time is Chrono Trigger. Frog will forever have my heart :heart:
    4. I'm the youngest of six children and the only girl! (Yes, I'm spoiled.)
    5. I learned to type pretty much through playing MMOs. I was one of those dorks who used Runescape basically as a chat room bahaha.
    6. I love to sing. I keep waiting for the day when one of my apartment neighbors will knock on my door and ask me to shut up.
    7. I'm a giant sucker for rom-coms and for shipping in general.
    8. I'm a dog person. Mini schnauzers are my weakness.
    9. I used to work at McDonald's. It wasn't bad honestly.
    10. I love animated movies and TV shows. If you do too, I highly recommend watching Steven Universe. Great show!
  • Options
    StitchluverStitchluver Posts: 126 Member
    Jes2G wrote: »
    Attention everyone! This week’s Simmers Gab episode will be on THURSDAY at 8:00 EST, ANNNNNND it will be our live episode!!!! I want to see ALL of you in the place! I’ll forward the link later.

I'll be there! ;) 5pm my time!
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Hi everyone! Do ya remember me?! Lol... I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately. I've just been focusing on class work... and life in general lol... but I do talk to some of ya of social media luvs ya <3 be warned a new series is on its way to Penguin Entertainment! AND Sul Sul: hell house WILL continue I PROMISE (why would I ever abandon my golden child? ;) LOL :D ) I MISS AND LOVE YOU ALL!!!! :*<3o:)<3

I used to know a dude named penguin. Seemed like he was a writer too. Hmmm…

:D

Have fun in school! But not too much!
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Jes2G wrote: »
    Attention everyone! This week’s Simmers Gab episode will be on THURSDAY at 8:00 EST, ANNNNNND it will be our live episode!!!! I want to see ALL of you in the place! I’ll forward the link later.

I'll be there! ;) 5pm my time!

Woot!
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top