The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Diseases In The Sims!

EmmaLuvsYouEmmaLuvsYou Posts: 18 Member
edited January 2016 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
This would be so cool! In the beginning, when creating your sim, you could give them a disease or defect at birth or somewhere is the settings be able to turn it off. You could make them have cancer, and eating disorder, like real life to be honest. And in game it would notify if anyone sick was near by and if its contagious, and they would put like a red sign above a sick sim. And if a sim has cancer or a more serious disease, when you click to chat, you could encourage them and make them feel better about their insecurities. And, not to mention, a new challenge! The All disease challenge would be so fun. Could you survive through all diseases in the sims?

It'd also be educational in a way. If your sim had an eating disorder they would have to see a therapist, and if a sim had diabetes you would have to have them eat foods they can eat, same with other diseases that have side effects and things.
Post edited by EmmaLuvsYou on

Comments

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,571 Member
    sorry op but no i fully disagree with you and do not went desease in the sims4 because have you dealt with losing family members because of disease so i do not went any disease of anby kind in the sims4 :/
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,370 Member
    edited January 2016
    Sorry to tell you this but people play this game to get away from real life diseases and illnesses such as what you are asking for. Just because it happens in real life doesn't mean that it should be in the game. If people want stuff like that, then they can download a mod that may give more serious illnesses as what you are asking for. Cancer is no laughing matter and should never be put in the game. You can use your imagination and pretend that they have cancer but I really don't think that this is something that EA will ever put in their Sims games.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    edited January 2016
    I love making TS realistic, but personally, I do not want to go as far as having real diseases such as these in my game.

They're serious real-life issues, not a fun game feature.
    And I'm sure a majority of people (including myself) may even find it offensive to have them in TS4, especially those who've experienced such things or have watched others go through it, and are ones who escape to the game to get away from those things.

We can easily save everyone the trouble and use our imaginations if we want to take our gameplay that far.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Sounds interesting, reminds me of the game Plague Inc. It's a fun game, but I always feel terrible after for killing off the Earth's population lol.

I don't think this would ever happen in the Sims. Maybe they could get sick temporarily but they'd always have a cure/medicine.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    Obviously there would be a way to turn it off in the settings, like aging, and knowing the Sims, theyw ould definately have a cure in a special store of some sort. This would just be interesting for people who think the sims is too easy, and it would also be hard having enough money to pay for the cure, (Like real life) It's just an idea.
  • Options
    It might just be an idea but it's not something that EA will ever put in. I'm guessing you never ever had to see someone you lover suffer from and/or die from cancer because if you had, you wouldn't be asking for this in the game. And I can tell you that it's not a pretty sight to watch someone you love have to suffer and try to put up with the pain and all of the side effects of chemo and radiation and watch their hair fall out and getting sick from them. It doesn't matter if EA puts in a way to turn them off, there is no way that EA will ever add them. And if EA was to add this, just think of how much money they probably would lose because people just wouldn't want to buy the EP even though they know that they would be able to turn them off. They only real life illnesses that they probably will add into the game is the cold, the flu, allergies like they did in TS3's Seasons and upset tummies from eating bad food. And I believe the only way for this to happen is if someone makes a mod for it so that if someone wants this, they can add the mod and play like that. That's what mods are for, is for stuff that EA can't, won't or isn't allowed to put in.

Asking for this is just as bad as asking for disabilities, birth defects, cigarettes/cigars, abortions in a game that is meant to be fun. To me, the Sims is a spoof/parody of life. To me, it's a way to allow my Sims to do things that I can never do in real life such as having them be a vampire, witch, fairy, genie, ghost, etc.

Like I said earlier in my first post is that you can use your imagination that your sim is sick with cancer. You can already send them to the hospital with the Get to Work EP and have them get examines, surgeries with the table. So you can pretend that when they get a surgery, that they are getting a cancer tumor taken out. Or if they get sick and throw up from having an upset tummy, you can pretend that they just went through chemo or radiation and now they have gotten ill from getting. See I just pretended that a sim has cancer without it ever being in the game. This game is about using our imagination... ;)
  • Options
    op we may all be simmers but we all have diffrent play style some plays familys let there sims live die ,ove on to the next generationbut some play the sims to escape real life and everyday worrys me i am the kind of simmer that prefers not to let my sims age or dies, and some also creates there family members in game so that even if in real life they have passaway at least they can have good healthy cancer free lives in game same go for alzheimer and diabetes
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

• Options
    JaysWrxldJaysWrxld Posts: 618 Member
    I agree!!! But some people will be offended and some people are kinda being rude about it. I would like the idea.
  • Options
    JaysWrxld wrote: »
    I agree!!! But some people will be offended and some people are kinda being rude about it. I would like the idea.

I really don't see anyone being rude about this. People are just stating their opinion and how it's not something that should ever be in any Sims games. People play this game to get away from real life issues such as these. I really don't think that people would want to see their Sims decline from having cancer. Cancer is no laughing matter and should never ever be in any Sims games. I have seen too many people that I love die from this disease. If you they ever did put this in here, then they might as well put in abortions, disabilities such as blindness, deafness, guns and knives that can kill people, STD's. This is a game, not real life.

• Options
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    JaysWrxld wrote: »

I really don't see anyone being rude about this. People are just stating their opinion and how it's not something that should ever be in any Sims games. People play this game to get away from real life issues such as these. I really don't think that people would want to see their Sims decline from having cancer. Cancer is no laughing matter and should never ever be in any Sims games. I have seen too many people that I love die from this disease. If you they ever did put this in here, then they might as well put in abortions, disabilities such as blindness, deafness, guns and knives that can kill people, STD's. This is a game, not real life.

Okay But still what I'm saying is I thought it'd be a cool idea to add real life features to it, I know its a game. A loved one of mine has died from cancer too, And I did not say cancer was a laughing matter.
  • Options
    CACTUSROSE1CACTUSROSE1 Posts: 66 Member
    Hi
    Currently in Sims 4 your sim can get a bit under the weather with the giggles and so on then they order medicine and take it. i am fine with that, what i would like to add is maybe if my sim has the fever they can sit in bed and have chicken soup or call the doctor to come around or have a parent sim care for the child, get a sick certificate to hand into work something like than but not things like cancer.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,067 Member
    I agree with the idea of diseases.
    To calm down haters of this idea, what if instead real life diseases, be non-real ones?
    Get To Work ills are quite easy to cure and even if you no take medicine, it is cured by time. They should advance if no cured or you take action to mitigate it. Even reach a point where it turns into fatal diseases
  • Options
    StormydoveStormydove Posts: 53 Member
    I agree
  • Options
    leo3487 wrote: »
    To calm down haters of this idea, what if instead real life diseases, be non-real ones?
    Get To Work ills are quite easy to cure and even if you no take medicine, it is cured by time. They should advance if no cured or you take action to mitigate it. Even reach a point where it turns into fatal diseases

excuse me but i have to disagree with you on that subject and remind you that such a thing will never be added in game

• Options
    thegirlygamerxthegirlygamerx Posts: 87 Member
    I love this idea and think it would make things even more realistic! Plus there should be IVs, oxygen tanks, wheelchairs, and crouches and things depending on the condition!
  • Options
    roberts66roberts66 Posts: 14 New Member
    I dont really like the idea of real world diseases but i think @thegirlygamerx has a good idea. I would like it so sims can break and arm or a leg and be stuck with a wheelchair or crutches for a couple of days. I also like what @leo3487 mentioned about there being consequences about not going to the doctors. Colds can come and go of course. But have stuff like a flu shot or if a sim has the flu make it so they cant go to work and maybe have to go to the doctors to get some medications to go back to work and feel better? Have family doctors sims can go to instead of the hospital?
  • Options
    Ok, So what if it's never put into the game. I can dream. I lost my grandpa to lung cancer, my dads color blind, so it's a 90% chance if I have a son he will be color blind. I'm scared of life. I want the sims to show me how life works and that there's always a way to feel better. The sims has taught me to deal with diseases, (I was diagnosed with a UTI and Salmonela when I was about 6) so I was just hoping that the sims could help me mask this fear of life that I have. Maybe teach me a little something about death, and living.
  • Options
    To those who think this could never happen, imagine the future. Diseases being HEALED, the earth getting HEALED. Or it can go completely the opposite. Diseases SPREAD, the earth is slowly DYING. All of these are real things. And I agree with those of you saying that people would prefer to get away from real life with TS4. Which is exactly why I stated, "just like aging, you could turn it off." One click. As I noticed, some of you don't like aging. It's still in the game, you just turn it off and everything's fine. I also stated that possibly in CAS you could choose something for them to be born with. Then there's that one button you could click again "None". I really didn't expect so much hate, and "extreme disagreement", just maybe for those of us "Real Life Players" could awaken from this fantasy, I sometimes find it too easy, I would really like a challenge every once and a while. All I'm saying, is to wake up. The real world is scary, and I understand trying to hide form it in a game. I've been trying to do that ever since I was 6.
  • Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    Ok, So what if it's never put into the game. I can dream. I lost my grandpa to lung cancer, my dads color blind, so it's a 90% chance if I have a son he will be color blind. I'm scared of life. I want the sims to show me how life works and that there's always a way to feel better. The sims has taught me to deal with diseases, (I was diagnosed with a UTI and Salmonela when I was about 6) so I was just hoping that the sims could help me mask this fear of life that I have. Maybe teach me a little something about death, and living.

It's okay to want these features in the game, they were in The Sims 2(Death by Disease that is, or, at least I think so…?).

The Sims 2 had a responding Pop Up saying, "The Sims is a Life Simulation Game" in response to an abnormal amount of Sims Dying. Example: Removing the Pool Ladder in TS2.

The Sims is a Life Simulation. And, that is what it has been all about. Living Life, and the series has some of the Real World's features and situations integrated within itself, including various types of death.

The Life Simulation isn't all about death so much as it is about Life, and experiencing Life in this co-existence with Reality. :)
  • Options
    excuse me but i have to disagree with you on that subject and remind you that such a thing will never be added in game

Now, can you explain why my idea is a bad idea?

EXCUSE?
    Cancer = color blind.... :disappointed:
    But return tothe topic, as a life simulator, is not bad include diseases.

Now see this: How is posible than if you no cure a disease, also the worse of them like the ones than at doctor career need surgery, with 2 or 3 days your sim recover as if nothing happened?
  • Options
    allieb312allieb312 Posts: 305 Member
    edited January 2016
    sorry op but no i fully disagree with you and do not went desease in the sims4 because have you dealt with losing family members because of disease so i do not went any disease of anby kind in the sims4 :/

As much as I agree with you, losing people is normal. It'll happen to everyone whether it's disease or old age. But, I think it'll be a good idea. Try to cure cancer in the sims, if something serious happens go to the hospital. It'll hit the sims 4 with more realistic content. But some might not want it because it's drags everything in real-life away for awhile. Im not really going to take sides because everybody has good points.
    And if they put stuff in they shouldn't as cancer or anything serious. Make real life diseases with fake names but not as serious. Trust me, I'm not even 20 yet and I've lost plently of people already.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    allieb312 wrote: »

As much as I agree with you, losing people is normal. It'll happen to everyone whether it's disease or old age. But, I think it'll be a good idea. Try to cure cancer in the sims, if something serious happens go to the hospital. It'll hit the sims 4 with more realistic content. But some might not want it because it's drags everything in real-life away for awhile. Im not really going to take sides because everybody has good points.

Fictional diseases would be a good point. Read my comment at page 1
  • Options
    again i will repeat it is not a feature i went to see in the sims4 some play the game to escape real life and evryday worrys not to reproduce real life and it is not a feature that will be added to the game.

• Options
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Yes, Maybe fake diseases, Like Xaims Disease [yes, inspired by maxi's name] That keeps you in bed all day, can be spreaded if walking by a alien with the disease] andd you need a specific medicine to cure it and it will take about 3 doses and can be cured in about 3 days
  • Options
    Or there could even be a disease that can kill you but not a real life disease.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top