Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer to play with "good looking" Sims?

Comments

• Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited August 2015
    ttyoxox wrote: »
    @mattytude All you have to do is look at past comments and see it's for the sake of drama.

Hello Phoebe's Mom, we meet again.

You are a proper ray of sunshine, aren't you?
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    ttyoxoxttyoxox Posts: 79 Member
    @mattytude All you have to do is look at past comments and see it's for the sake of drama.

All I'm saying is that if you're shallow enough to only play with hot sims you better be hot yourself.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Almost all of the people that only play with good looking sims are probably very fat and ugly in real life.
    I'm fit thank you lmao
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Why in the world do you think I was talking about you?

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited August 2015

Nope, I'm just happy to be shallow and vapid with a bit of bubblehead on the side :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    S4CoolieS4Coolie Posts: 5 New Member
    Playing with nice and ugly Sims :smile:
  • Options
    emilyduruemilyduru Posts: 289 Member

All I'm saying is that if you're shallow enough to only play with hot sims you better be hot yourself.

Kanye-West.jpg
    9i7a5w.jpg
  • Options
    mattytudemattytude Posts: 212 Member

By the same theory, if your really normal and down to earth in real life you only play with insane or evil Sims? Come on - people in this thread have admitted to being "superficial" or whatever because of how they choose to populate their neighbourhood. Why does their choice of play style be indicative of their own physique? If you plan to answer the question - stick around, otherwise.... :)
  • Options
    ttyoxoxttyoxox Posts: 79 Member
    edited August 2015
    You guys are all mean
  • Options
    roman2886roman2886 Posts: 702 Member
    Yes i do there is no room in my for ugly sims pretty much everyone of my sims are good looking my sims are mixed races and are good looking because they the best of both worlds not two but three White Black and Native American.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    When I start out a new save or introduce new sims, I create them in a range between plain and good looking, but not ugly. After the sims start breeding among themselves and back to the townies, I accept everything I get. So fare my sims managed to produce a good mix of facial structures and body types.

About townies, those that dress appropriately for the setting have a better chance to survive my manual culling than those that would need a makeover. Beauty doesn't help, but donning a cowboy hat used to be quite the lifesaver in 19th century Oasis Springs ;)

When it comes to weight issues, I go by the sim's character, i.e. the Calientes strike me as the type that would work out or drink slim potion, but Amber obviously not so. Overall I have more chubby sims than slim ones.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Not gonna lie, the ones I control I make sure look good. They're usually pretty Hollywood.

Thing is, in real life I don't have to stare at people all day long with full camera control over watching them at all times and seeing every little thing that looks off. In the sims, the visuals are an immediate part of the experience and I can do something immediate about it, so why not?

I don't go around in real life telling people how to dress or telling them to lose a few pounds. It's none of my business. But in the game world, it is my business and it's my fantasy, so #noshame.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    staravia81staravia81 Posts: 369 Member
    I tend to have a good mix of body types, weights, and ethnicities when creating my sims, but I tend towards similar facial features, like wide eyes and strong jaws and chins. I'm starting to mix that up too because I want some more diversity in the offspring. I don't care for the ugly to beauty challenges, so I don't do a lot of the intentionally far out "ugly" look or the "model" look.
    My builds!
    EA ID: staravia81
  • Options
    EukiriEukiri Posts: 98 Member
    I'd say that I play with a different range of sims, though I occasionally get into a rut where I'll go to create sims and they'll end up coming out looking pretty generically attractive in terms of my taste, even though I -like- having a lot of unique, interesting sims around.

I usually have a theme in mind for what I want, and then I'll create a sim according to that. They don't necessarily have to be "attractive." I'm not very good when it comes to using the new Create A Sim mechanics, sadly. I have more fun using cas.fulleditmode and giving townies makeovers, without actually changing their physical appearance. I'll usually change their style and traits according to whatever vibe they give off. I like a lot of personality in my game.

One of my favorite things to do recently was to make Nina Caliente an awesome cook, utilize her lazy trait and then allow her to put on a significant amount of weight. I have a super soft spot for her, as a chubbier sim. I paired her with Don Lothario and they make a cute couple, have a baby on the way, etc.
  • Options
    Soulcloud6Soulcloud6 Posts: 267 Member
    I don't mind other sims being ugly but my main seems needs to at least be decent looking... unless it fits his narrative.
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    I like to play with a variety of different looking sims. I feel like any sim can look nice with a really good makeover. I never change their features or anything. Plus, you can get some really diverse offspring :)
  • Options
    Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    It doesn't matter what the Sim looks like or wears. I love playing with a diversity of Sims, no matter how ugly or pretty a Sim is. Plus, it can create a diversity of children. When it comes to me creating Sims, I try the best of my ability to create good looking Sims. If someone says my Sim is ugly, I respect their opinion.
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Options
    NiniNini Posts: 309 Member
    I confess that I tend to play attractive sims and give makeovers if my sims' prospective gfs/bfs are ugly lol
  • Options
    taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    Hmmm I just like to sculpt sims according to my preferences so.. I'll just go with that. xD
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Soulcloud6 wrote: »
    I don't mind other sims being ugly but my main seems needs to at least be decent looking... unless it fits his narrative.

This, for the most part.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I've been making the most unusual looking odd type sims lately and I must say, I love breaking away for they style I normally play. Most of the time when I make a sim in CAS they are gorgeous and perfect looking then I make them find a super hot mate to .. mate with and end up producing a very normal bla looking child who turns into a normal bla looking adult. I wonder what kind of offspring my new unperfected beautifully odd hybrid of sims will make?
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    I've been making the most unusual looking odd type sims lately and I must say, I love breaking away for they style I normally play. Most of the time when I make a sim in CAS they are gorgeous and perfect looking then I make them find a super hot mate to .. mate with and end up producing a very normal bla looking child who turns into a normal bla looking adult. I wonder what kind of offspring my new unperfected beautifully odd hybrid of sims will make?

One of the first things I did was play around with some extremes in CAS (tiny features, super large features, etc.). Nothing too overboard and definitely nothing like you can get with mods. I came up with a couple that I really liked, even though I never ended up playing them.

Azure Bleu (her nose and chin are super long from the side and her eyes/pupils are as big as I can make them):

2vsFQZ4.jpg

And her brother Azul (his eyes/pupils are as tiny as I could go, his nose is thin and his whole face is flat from the side):

RLP9xHK.jpg

I really need to pull them into a game and play them for a bit.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    RosemaryThymeRosemaryThyme Posts: 47 Member
    I generally play good looking sims, but I'm not adverse to playing different body types or having things like moles (beauty marks) or freckles - I want them to look varied but realistic in their variences.

Even though most all of my Sims do look pretty, I try to give them a negative trait, like Gloomy, Jealous, Mean, or Hot-Headed. Makes things more interesting if they have some kind of personality flaw, if you ask me.
    Origin ID: Rosemary928
  • Options
    sweetiebabe27sweetiebabe27 Posts: 12 New Member
    I perfer to play with pretty Sims if they're not I edit them in CAS or commit a mass genocide. I prefer to just edit them, but sometimes taking the doors and hoping for a fire is more fun.
  • Options
    AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    I prefer attractive sims. Infact on of the worst things I have done in game was move one of my sim's son out and marked home unplayed to be culled because he was ugly. The parents never speak of him and have since moved on and now have two daughters. :shrug:
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100