Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer to play with "good looking" Sims?

12345679...Next

Comments

• Options
    xooemilyxooemily Posts: 133 Member
    I create sims that I like, not ugly, nor attractive.
    Just people.
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    I make "average" looking ones mixed with maybe not so "attractive" ones in a household to give it more variety. I'm not into the plastic looking figure that would be impossible to get in real life. I do prefer cute over attractive tho but mostly the appearance is based on their story. My avatar is one of my regular teenage sims that loves dark poetry and spends her time writing, reading, painting or playing her violin
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    moony21moony21 Posts: 59 Member
    This is something I need to work on, to be honest. Most of my male sims are beefcakes and I need to have more of a variety.
  • Options
    pallies1pallies1 Posts: 326 Member
    Feyona wrote: »
    pallies1 wrote: »
    I always play with imo very pretty and good looking sims :blush:
    If your main sim is the girl from profile picture and signature, then she is really pretty.

Personally myself I prefer to play with beautiful sims (according to my taste). But when I play dynasty and get less beautiful offspring I play with what I have.

@Feyona Aw thank you :blush: yes she's my main sim right now.

• Options
    LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    I've only made one sim to play with (made a few others to walk around in the neighbourhoods and see if they meet any of my sims) and I found her very, very pretty. Not supermodelish or anything, but very pretty in my eyes. The rest of the sims I play with are her children, grandchildren and people's spouses (or yeah, the spouses that they live with, some of them don't). Most of her children and grandchildren are very cute or cool-looking in my opinion, but not conventionally attractive (except perhaps a few of them), a few of them probably wouldn't count as "good looking" to most people. It isn't important at all to me, the important thing is that I "feel them" so to speak, and many of my favourites aren't really "attractive" even though I love how they look. I've yet to have a sim I consider ugly being born in my game, but if someone was it wouldn't be important.
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    I tend to have fairly attractive sims with good qualities. I do spice it up everynow and then with a few bad traits but mostly my sims games are very idilic! It's an escape for me.

I wouldn't say that I go out of my way to have my sims flawless though. I keep my sims fairly average in clothing, lifestyle and family life.

Call me crazy but I love playing a family with a stay at home wife, a handful of kids and a hubby who works hard but doesn't need to rise to the top of his career.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    roman2886roman2886 Posts: 702 Member
    roman2886 wrote: »
    I prefer good looking sims i would never use ugly sims there is no room in my world for ugly sims

• Options
    DiamondsR4everDiamondsR4ever Posts: 243 Member
    Why yes! I do.
    The ignore feature is a blessing :D . Don't be afraid to use it!
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Yeah...my usual sims are more often than not my definition of pretty. Rarely do I make a guy who is overweight (made a couple, but it's not my usual) or a girl who looks flat-chested or too skinny. I even edit calves so that when the guys bulk up, their calves are not chicken-skinny compared to their big, muscular thighs (something that always bugs me on men in real life). They can have any skin color, hair color, or eye color at all, but I hardly ever make faces that I find too plain or downright unattractive.

Heck, I made a household of orcs a while back, and even they're kind of on the pretty side...for orcs...:https://www.thesims.com/gallery/632214DBFC6A11E584F04D9C4433AEED?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=SimsLovinLycan&max=50&maxis=false
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I like to play with a mix that way I keep a variety going in my n'hood.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    uzumouzumo Posts: 1,836 Member
    I try not to make a sim ugly. It's how I roll.
  • Options
    chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member
    I have had to throw all my ideas of what is "Simtractive" out the window while I am doing the 100 Baby Challenge. Just had a kid... feed it... find a new guy... whoever will come over when my sim calls... lol...
  • Options
    jswizzlejswizzle Posts: 64 Member
    I find myself creating cookie cutter sims, so I've started playing with more of a legacy style gameplay to force myself to use some of the NPCs and whatever I get dealt in the way of offspring. I use a random trait generator so that not all of my sims end up with the same traits and aspirations, but many times my founders are incredibly similar. I even find myself using the same outfits on different sims... I need something to force me to break out of this box I've created!
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    moony21 wrote: »
    This is something I need to work on, to be honest. Most of my male sims are beefcakes and I need to have more of a variety.

I actually tend to have a similar thing... Most of my male sims are either 'muscled-up' from the start (It is the first Sims game that let you 'sculpt' bodies the same way you adjust the faces of sims) or become that way during gameplay...
    Even if I'm not playing them, just them being in the gym while I send my sims there usually makes them that way... :|
  • Options
    roman2886roman2886 Posts: 702 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    moony21 wrote: »

I actually tend to have a similar thing... Most of my male sims are either 'muscled-up' from the start (It is the first Sims game that let you 'sculpt' bodies the same way you adjust the faces of sims) or become that way during gameplay...
    Even if I'm not playing them, just them being in the gym while I send my sims there usually makes them that way... :|

My Sims always start off stick thin i beef them up once they reach level 5 of athletics.