Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Lack of Family-Oriented Play -- Here's an Illustration

Comments

• Options
    TMBrandonTMBrandon Posts: 229 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)

This is just more pot stirring and flame baiting. Opinions and views of opinions and opinions of views and opinions on views of viewed opinions... Still opinions and still valid to each person.

Incorrect, point 1 and 2 of the OP. And if you choose to think otherwise, then so be it, not here to argue. Notice my lack of opinion on the content showcased. Thanks for viewing though, happy simming!

@Ceres_Meiriona Thanks! Took about 2 hours total to get the pics and organize everything. When I get the chance I might update and do Sims 2 as well.

@Mightydan
    Which one? xD
  • Options
    Why don't we see how many color and pattern styles each outfit can have? :lol:

Plus we're over a year into the game... People begged for years in TS3 for more for the kids to do and all they got was Generations. I would have thought Maxis could remember and have that information stored away for further ... referencing... on the next Sims. \

I'm disappointed they forgot.

Because we all know, (and if you (not literally you, Rflong, but the person reading this) didn't, now you do!) that TS3 had CASt, thus it would be even more time consuming for me to show every single pattern of everything clothing object. If you'd like to do so, then that would be appreciated lol.

And welp, I'm not on the development team so I cannot speak for them, but who knows what they may have in store.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    @TMBrandon the TS3 one lol.

Interesting thread, thank you for taking the time to put this together. There's obviously a decent number of cas and gameplay objects for children in TS4, but they could certainly use a lot more. Hopefully they'll be getting more stuff in the near future :)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,590 Member
    edited January 2016
    TMBrandon wrote: »
    Hi :)

This is just more pot stirring and flame baiting. Opinions and views of opinions and opinions of views and opinions on views of viewed opinions... Still opinions and still valid to each person.

Incorrect, point 1 and 2 of the OP. And if you choose to think otherwise, then so be it, not here to argue. Notice my lack of opinion on the content showcased. Thanks for viewing though, happy simming!

Of course you're here to argue because you posted an argument in your *original* OP. :lol:

~Snipped~
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • Options
    @Rflong7 Since you're insisting on going back on forth on a nonexistent point, I shall respectfully disagree, and leave it at that. Feel free to respond, but I shall not respond from this point forward. This thread is not for creating conflict.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    OP, this has nothing to with the lack of family play in Sims 4, because it is like this in Sims 3 as well. And to be quite honest I'm glad it is. The fact he celebrated his birthday all alone in the dark without his dad is your responsibility isn't it?

At no point did I say this child celebrated his birthday alone in the dark without his father. That's a misunderstanding started here by other players who made faulty assumptions. I age my children up manually. Yes, the father was there. Father even bought an activity table for his son's birthday.

The whole issue here has nothing to do with missed birthdays or nannies. It's my opinion that it's a flaw in the game design that upon loading a house I can find a child alone and his father on another lot across town. That's my point. I think it's wrong. Others may shrug it off, but I think it's a little disconcerting. I also think it's one more bit of evidence that the developers aren't keen on "family play". Again, my opinion.

Well, I thought you wanted to actually talk about family gameplay. The reason you can find other Sims not at home is because time continues in this game and there is a hybrid mechanic going on between the marriage of TS2 and TS3 but more o f TS3 than TS2's kid. By allowing Sims to still be off their lots when you load their house due to how you saved our game the last time or how Maxis did the first time you load it.

This game is more like TS3 in the respect if you load the game any one of them can be out of their lot and somewhere else. TS2 isn't built that way because it's total closed world. TS4 is not total closed world and they could be anywhere (even in MP) when you load the game.

I don't know when I load a game all my sims appear out on the street. Its very annoying cause it can be 3am and they will be wide awake outside doing nothing and with more of their needs maxed out.

Its a huge mess. Even when it says sims are aat the gym and you pick the sim who is home , all of them will appear outside, even if it said one of them was at the gym

Sims are reset every time you save your game outside their lot. Remember that. Like while in buildmode in another lot. Or if you save while in the game while a current Sim is on a community lot. Or at a public space. Or if you save and go to manage worlds or manage households or go into CAS while in manage households. Or whenever you save the game if you aren't in the current Sim's house at the time.

The resetting really bothers me :/
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Actually, I think this is a lame attempt to prove that TS4 is superior to TS3 in terms of content for kids. But that's just me.

Exactly. We don't need this thread to know TS3 children are completely a joke compared to TS4 children.

Easy on the snark elelunicy, the thread is just to archive the content for kids in each base game in case anyone needs to use it in the future, how other people see that, is out of my control.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    TS3 DLC vs TS4 DLC in terms of child life stage content TS3>TS4. But that doesn't mean we won't see more for TS4, just means for right now there isn't much. This thread seemed to be started in an attempt to spark a fight and some of the comments are barking at each other. Lets wait.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited January 2016
    I personally could care less about what's in TS3 vs TS4. I'm playing TS4 & I really want more things for kids! There's just not enough for me :'( I play families and it's been the same stuff for a long time now. Definitely ready for some new things (especially play-ground equipment ::cough:: and toddlers)
    Me too. I really want play interactions back and just generally more interactions and a fear emotion.

But wow OP that is a lot of work. It feels like both games are even to me. A lot of those toys in TS4 are put into the toy chests anyways. I wish there could be toddlers to hide in toy chests again. I loved that interaction. The TS4 play in closet interaction I think is very cute.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    I personally could care less about what's in TS3 vs TS4. I'm playing TS4 & I really want more things for kids! There's just not enough for me :'( I play families and it's been the same stuff for a long time now. Definitely ready for some new things (especially play-ground equipment ::cough:: and toddlers)

This.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

^
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member

I agree with this post. I play Sims 3, but I own it and all that I want atm. It's done, it's not likely to ever get any more. Now I'm playing Sims 4 and there are aspects that I find lacking. I want more kid stuff and stuff for families to do together in the Sims 4.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    kiwiboy18kiwiboy18 Posts: 123 Member
    I find it ironic that some people who are complaining about being called names have issued some name calling and personal attacks themselves on other threads. Hmm. But, that's none of my business. Carry on, and put me on ignore if you wish.

I've been called names myself for not liking the game I know what it's like, you guys are not alone.

And many who enjoy the game have been called names by those who don't? It goes both ways and regardless of opinions it's not needed. Hearing people being labeled 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and such because they like the Sims 4 more than other Sims games? Real classy
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    A simple post with number comparison would suffice. You crashed my ipad twice and to find out it was just lame pictures. Not worth it. You're annoying.

Also a lot of the content you posted for kids for the Sims 4 is clutter. Clutter is nice but it's point is to sit there and be pretty.

Your Sims 3 pics with the playground equipment and toy chests are actual gameplay objects. There's a difference in quality.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    kiwiboy18 wrote: »
    I find it ironic that some people who are complaining about being called names have issued some name calling and personal attacks themselves on other threads. Hmm. But, that's none of my business. Carry on, and put me on ignore if you wish.

I've been called names myself for not liking the game I know what it's like, you guys are not alone.

And many who enjoy the game have been called names by those who don't? It goes both ways and regardless of opinions it's not needed. Hearing people being labeled 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and such because they like the Sims 4 more than other Sims games? Real classy
    I had someone start a fight with me because I bought Movie Night Stuff for reasons they apparently deemed unacceptable (read: none of their darn business). It seems like many of the problems between users on this forum could be solved if people stopped pitching a fit over what other people like and choose to do.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Tip: 05a2c2f6-690d-4887-86c9-2d64b1322553_46.jpg

Body is 1 characters too short.

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I would have preferred a count summary, you know, like 15 tops, v22 tops or whatever too. I can't be bothered to look at all the pics and work out what is what. :/ And clutter that sims can not interact with does not count, for either game. It's basically just eye candy and does nothing for the player.

Now what would be really interesting was if someone could count up all the meaningful interactions that only children can do.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimmieSimsSimmieSims Posts: 234 Member
    edited January 2016
    Not trying to get into an A and B conversation, but why can't we just stop the name calling individually and focus on the topic? Why make personality judgements based on someone's like or dislike for TS4?

Im glad that there are people who like TS4, but why can't we accept that some people don't?

If somebody who has played TS for the past 15 years states that there's a lack of family play, why do I need to convince that person that their opinion is wrong? Wouldn't it be more constructive to find out why people feel a certain way about the game instead of trying to convince them that they shouldn't feel that way.

Bottom line is, we're all fans of the series, otherwise we wouldn't be here. Some of us feel that TS4 lacks certain things, and there is no amount of convincing us otherwise that will make us happier.

People responding in condescending ways and telling others to "just go back to playing TS2 or TS3", is really not helping. We all want to be able to enjoy the game, and neither snarky remarks nor bickering will help accomplish that.
    "Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning." - William Henry Gates III