Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What new emotions do you want?

Because it's a SP and not a GP or EP, they most likely won't, but I would love it if they added the "Scared" emotion to watching horror movies!

What other emotions would you like to see?
(Sorry if it's been addressed before, but I searched and nothing came up :smile: )

Comments

• Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I've talked about 'fav' moods and moodlets before, but nothing wrong with good ol' discussion.

'Scared' is definitely one that needs to be implemented. At the moment we have it mixed with 'tense' or 'embarrassed', but there is definitely big differences when one is actually 'scared.'

I can't really think of any other ones. The emotions implemented are actually good at covering a decent range of how one can feel and moodlets help explain them so you know the difference between 'dazed' with too much coffee and 'dazed' because aliens poked and prodded you and wanted you to forget. :D
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    I've talked about 'fav' moods and moodlets before, but nothing wrong with good ol' discussion.

'Scared' is definitely one that needs to be implemented. At the moment we have it mixed with 'tense' or 'embarrassed', but there is definitely big differences when one is actually 'scared.'

I can't really think of any other ones. The emotions implemented are actually good at covering a decent range of how one can feel and moodlets help explain them so you know the difference between 'dazed' with too much coffee and 'dazed' because aliens poked and prodded you and wanted you to forget. :D

True. I mean there is so many. Hopeful? Anxious? Nervous? I agree they have done a good job in covering a large range. And perhaps they can patch them in like they did for the jealousy one, but scared would be something I would love.
  • Options
    RealPollyMogsRealPollyMogs Posts: 478 Member
    The game definitely needs Fear, but it could use a couple others too. For kids, I'd like to see a "Curious" emotion. Older sims should sometimes feel "Cherished" when interacting with a significant other.
  • Options
    The game definitely needs Fear, but it could use a couple others too. For kids, I'd like to see a "Curious" emotion. Older sims should sometimes feel "Cherished" when interacting with a significant other.

love it.
  • Options
    BromsiekatBromsiekat Posts: 96 Member
    Grouchiness :)
  • Options
    Bromsiekat wrote: »
    Grouchiness :)

That's a great one! Makes me also want groggy, like when you wake up with a cold and runny nose and you feel all sorts of a hot mess.
  • Options
    CalicoJesterCalicoJester Posts: 93 Member
    Scared/Fearful would certainly be a good addition. The ones I can think of would be Tired, Disgusted and Hopeful, because being embarrassed or inspired doesn't seem to fit certain situations. I mean, manners aside, if someone wet themselves and smelt horrible to me I wouldn't be embarrassed, I'd be disgusted. If I daydreamed about weddings and retirement, I'd not be inspired but very hopeful.
    xUjx1Ah.gif
  • Options
    RealPollyMogsRealPollyMogs Posts: 478 Member
    I thought of another one - Excited. You've done all your career tasks and your performance meter is full. Or you just got the message that your birthday's coming up.
  • Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    I'm with you I would definitely love to see scared/fear. I know this has nothing to do with the new Sp but I would love to see a well rested moodlet.
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    I thought of another one - Excited. You've done all your career tasks and your performance meter is full. Or you just got the message that your birthday's coming up.

This one seems so obvious that I assumed it was there haha. But yes!
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    We really need fear.
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Scared, Excited, Anxious, Content.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Scared, Excited, Anxious, Content.

Ohhhhh I like content! Peaceful! Didn't think of that one!
    Just imagine a little boy reading with his Dad in front of a fire place, and he becomes content? Ugh my heart is going to burst.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Afraid
    Scared to Death
    Envious
    Broken - Sim is in a state of hopelessness, they lost everything, loved ones, their house.

Enchanted for when sims are put under spells or overcome a spells.
    Haunted - I really want Ghost possessions to become a thing, where a ghost won't leave a sim alone.

Heartless (literally) - I really want this to be a thing in the Sims. from my favorite TV show Once Upon a Time.
    Ripping out Hearts is a dark spell done by Sorcerers, they can reach in to another living body and pull out the organ and it will still beat. As the Heart leaves the body it becomes enchanted.
    As for the victim they will never be able to feel fully as long as their heart is outside their body.
    however whomever holds the victim's heart, that Sim will be a puppet. the player would be able to command the other sim as if it were there own. crushing a heart might be pushing it though.
    and not a soft cushy valentines day heart. it has to be a real looking heart.
    latest?cb=20141214171847

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    OHHH what about "Hung Over"??? Prompted the morning after drinking at a club! Haha I'm having way too much fun with this.
  • Options
    glorificaglorifica Posts: 258 Member
    omg im loving all those ideas.

and sims should also be able to feel proud - like when kids get all As.or ashamed when they fail.
    simming on through.
  • Options
    VioletRedVioletRed Posts: 261 Member
    @KatyJay88 THAT would be awesome!!! LOL
    Origin ID: Xieria
  • Options
    glorifica wrote: »
    omg im loving all those ideas.

and sims should also be able to feel proud - like when kids get all As.or ashamed when they fail.

love this idea.
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    OHHH what about "Hung Over"??? Prompted the morning after drinking at a club! Haha I'm having way too much fun with this.

I wouldn't say for a full emotion, but definitely a moodlet under "Dazed" If my sim can get buzzed by coffee, that 5th Wrench he's drinking can make him "juiced" :D And then "after-juiced" or something under "uncomfortable"
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    KatyJay88 wrote: »

I wouldn't say for a full emotion, but definitely a moodlet under "Dazed" If my sim can get buzzed by coffee, that 5th Wrench he's drinking can make him "juiced" :D And then "after-juiced" or something under "uncomfortable"

Agreed. Something can easily be patched in! Hint hint Gurus! @GuruGarrett @GuRuAsaki @GuruArk and any others :smile:
  • Options
    toddlercuddler91toddlercuddler91 Posts: 274 Member
    For sims with a sentimental personality getting attentions or hugging other sims:
    Affectionate
    Very Affectionate
    Over the Moon

And for those sims with a good spirituality:
    Carefree
    Very Carefree
    Illuminated
    tumblr_n8noa4vwNZ1s5cr98o1_500.gif
  • Options
    For sims with a sentimental personality getting attentions or hugging other sims:
    Affectionate
    Very Affectionate
    Over the Moon

And for those sims with a good spirituality:
    Carefree
    Very Carefree
    Illuminated

Love this!
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I agree with 'scared', it was the first one to pop into my head. I'd also like something like 'worried' or 'concerned'.
  • Options
    klovesjenklovesjen Posts: 361 Member
    I like grouchy - not the same as angry, angry can be a little extreme sometimes. Content is a great idea, excited, proud, afraid/scared, thrilled.
    I'd like more transition between the emotions, I don't like how you can flop from angry to happy in 1 second.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    klovesjen wrote: »
    I like grouchy - not the same as angry, angry can be a little extreme sometimes. Content is a great idea, excited, proud, afraid/scared, thrilled.
    I'd like more transition between the emotions, I don't like how you can flop from angry to happy in 1 second.

Absolutely. They do tend of flip a lot. I wonder if there is any way to stabilize them more?
    EDIT: unless something dramatic happens (death, walking in on someone in the bathroom, woohooing etc).
    Post edited by JayandMeeka on