Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds: A Sims 4 Building & Genetics Challenge (Thread Moved)

Comments

• Options
    MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    @Tellex I have no idea! It was some sort of glitch. I get them occasionally. And she does sorta look like @OJenn 's founder! I never thought of that!
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    Sorry for my absence guys but I wanted to post there so everyone knew and could get the latest version of MC Command Center
    Guess what, gang? MC and woohoo 2.4.0 are both LIVE, and, DRESSER is BACK!!! Change log is light and I haven't done more than install the new version yet, but I wanted to let you know it's up for anybody else who has been missing Dresser.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

Changes from version 2.3.0 to 2.4.0 (Sims Version at time of release was PC Version 1.13.106.1010 / Mac Version 1.13.106.1210)

Fixed MC Dresser to work with the latest updates from EA. As a result of the rework I did for this release, Dresser now also has full support for multiple outfits in a category. I have done a lot of testing on this, but I'm sure I've still missed things since there's so many options that can come into play. I didn't extensively test the command-line options so there could be things broken in there as well.

Fixed MC Cleaner to work with the latest updates from EA. The item cleaning would not have worked correctly before these changes.

Reworked a lot of internal code dealing with debugging stuff that I use. For me, it makes things a lot easier. For the end-user, the only difference is possibly a small performance improvement in my code.

Fixed a bug in "Forget Active Sim" - "Romantic Relationship" where it would leave Sims flagged as Married even if their romantic relationship was forgotten. Thanks, FizzMidnight!

Fixed a problem with MC Population blocking the creation of the Ghost family living at the Von Haunt mansion in some cases. These Sims will now be treated like the reaper and will not be modified by MC Population settings. Additionally, I added some code to auto-flag them for "No Culling" so if "Ghost Cleaning" is enabled in MC Cleaner, it will never clear these ghost Sims. The flag can always be cleared if for some reason it is desirable to cull them.
  • Options
    Argh! I'm so tired of having to redo my settings every time. Is this a MANDATORY update? I already updated to the most recent bug fix...and don't use the dreser.

OJenn wrote: »
    Sorry for my absence guys but I wanted to post there so everyone knew and could get the latest version of MC Command Center
    Guess what, gang? MC and woohoo 2.4.0 are both LIVE, and, DRESSER is BACK!!! Change log is light and I haven't done more than install the new version yet, but I wanted to let you know it's up for anybody else who has been missing Dresser.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

Changes from version 2.3.0 to 2.4.0 (Sims Version at time of release was PC Version 1.13.106.1010 / Mac Version 1.13.106.1210)

Fixed MC Dresser to work with the latest updates from EA. As a result of the rework I did for this release, Dresser now also has full support for multiple outfits in a category. I have done a lot of testing on this, but I'm sure I've still missed things since there's so many options that can come into play. I didn't extensively test the command-line options so there could be things broken in there as well.

Fixed MC Cleaner to work with the latest updates from EA. The item cleaning would not have worked correctly before these changes.

Reworked a lot of internal code dealing with debugging stuff that I use. For me, it makes things a lot easier. For the end-user, the only difference is possibly a small performance improvement in my code.

Fixed a bug in "Forget Active Sim" - "Romantic Relationship" where it would leave Sims flagged as Married even if their romantic relationship was forgotten. Thanks, FizzMidnight!

Fixed a problem with MC Population blocking the creation of the Ghost family living at the Von Haunt mansion in some cases. These Sims will now be treated like the reaper and will not be modified by MC Population settings. Additionally, I added some code to auto-flag them for "No Culling" so if "Ghost Cleaning" is enabled in MC Cleaner, it will never clear these ghost Sims. The flag can always be cleared if for some reason it is desirable to cull them.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    @Meeshelby - You can always just download it without the dresser. Like select the all modules and then go in and delete the dresser file.
  • Options
    OJenn wrote: »
    @Meeshelby - You can always just download it without the dresser. Like select the all modules and then go in and delete the dresser file.

Yeah that's not the problem though...I'm tired of having to redo my settings. Can I just not download it at all? And use the one I have?
  • Options
    @Meeshelby - You don't have to, take out the file called MC settings and put it somewhere else then once you download the mod place the settings folder back in. I never have to redo my settings and this is the route I take.
  • Options
    @OJenn awesome!! Thank you so much!
  • Options
    Francisca464Francisca464 Posts: 738 Member
    @iamdun Thank you! Skyler and Camden are my personal favorites from Nicola's family :smile: I like the dark skin/blonde hair combo.

@Sims3fan1986 That's one heck of a cute house!

@Ojenn Thank you for the notification on the update. I was waiting for it :smiley:

@Meeshelby O booo for Derek aging up ugly. I have had that too, cute sim kids who became ugly teens. It's a shame! Thank you for the compliment on my pics :smiley: I actually like Gabriella best out of your Alleys kids. She looks interesting and her genetics are mixed from both parents.

@Heckstress17 I will miss Liams bachelor ways too, but I'm glad he decided to settle down. It was a bit tiring to balance all these romances :astonished: And I figured you'd be happy to see that he chose Julianna, hehehe. Congratz on your sons birthday! :smile:

@iheartdinosx3 Great looking sims :smile: Haha, you really made a good looking Glenn. You could upload him to the Gallery saying it's Walking Dead's Glenn, I bet he'll get a lot of downloads :yum: I like Serena a lot!

@Tellex Hurray! You're back! I missed seeing of Maple, Mathias and kids. I hope you had great holidays :smile: While I was playing Liam, it kinda reminded me of Leroys situation too. The only difference was that he wasn't interested in Nikki first. I was a bit puzzled about the 'Caught with another' thing though, because he has kissed the girls in front of each other before. The water in my game? The swimming pool or natural water? I have no idea, I don't use a mod for it haha. I'm very curious for Julianna and Liams kids!
  • Options
    Ok so Amaya has had morning sickness for almost a week now. And she's been thinking about baby things for almost as long. Yet there is no baby coming and she doesn't even look pregnant!! Is there a glitch?

23903065160_3efcc76ff1_o.jpg
    23903065230_cf2e809125_o.jpg
  • Options
    @everyone I have found this amazing sky replacement! It's beautiful.
  • Options
    @everyone I have found this amazing sky replacement! It's beautiful.

Oh thats the same person that made the eyes I use!
  • Options
    TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member
    @OJenn good to see the dresser is back! Now i can makeover all the hideous townies without having to invite them over first..

@Francisca464 the swimming pool water looks great! :) i'll have to go have a look at mine and see if its the same XD did Liam kiss the girls before the latest patch update? I know that sims are now more 'aware' of things around them since the update, so perhaps that's where the moodlet came from? :) IDK! I had Maple kiss Mathias right in front of Ridge back in her teen days and they had no reaction but when Ridge saw them kissing later on when they were all adults, he reacted lol!

@Meeshelby you can't seem to catch a break with your game at the moment LOL! Seems as though there is a few little glitches? :) Can Amaya do a pregnancy test?

Yesterday I got home early from work, managed to do all my house work, make dinner, did my workout routine and was ready to play.. then I got a call from my partner (literally as i JUST sat down and started playing) saying he was coming home early LOL!! So I didn't have the massive gaming night I hoped XD but still nice spending that extra time with him!! During my small amount of gaming time tho, I saw that all 3 of Brownies potential mates were teens now and Cookie invited her girls group over so I could have Brownie Mingle with them. Cookie gave all 3 girls a makeover using her mum & dads walk in closet XD there are a few glitches though.. Rosanne ended up coming out perfectly as I had dressed her, Violet's outfit was what I chose but in a different colour..?? and Hana walked out of the closet looking the same as when she went in! I tried to dress her again but when it loaded, she was in all the outfits I made for her.. clicked ok.. walked out lookin a disaster still.. -.-

ANYWAY.. Brownie managed to flirt a bit with both Violet and Rosanne before I had to exit the game. As far as I know, he does not have any romantic interests yet. But i'm hoping he will do by tonight! :)

OH AND.. Rosanne grew up with the light red hair and I know that's not her natural colour.. -.- does anyone know what red she is? At the moment I have her as the 1st red swatch in game because I think that's the correct one..?

98c5009d81.jpg
    c7aeea76d3.jpg

Mathias and Maple are due to become an uncle & aunt again too :)

3e3502e613.jpg

annndd.. more sad news!! :( RIP!

609f20b17e.jpg

I end this teeny tiny post with Brownie loving himself

fe977e2821.jpg
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz
  • Options
    @Tellex I know right?! No I can't, and it also allows me to try for a baby so I'm guessing she is NOT pregnant. But I'm getting tired of her vomiting every few hours!
  • Options
    When all else fails...just give 'em what they want. Hopefully this will fix the glitch at least lol. Now watch it will be twins or something...
    23574788443_4ccb5bcfea_o.jpg
  • Options
    tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    Ugh. My game has been so buggy, glitchy, and laggy. Last night I opened it, played with some glitchiness for about an hour (didn't save of course), then it crashed without any warning. This morning I played for maybe 10 minutes before my graphics card failed and my computer black-screened. I'm sure it's some bad cc (or just too much cc in general), but I'm too lazy to find it. I was able to build for a while today with only minimal freezes (and lots of prayers of 'plzzzzz don't crash plz'). I'm gonna try to play for a bit now -- I'm aiming to have Levi befriend the potential spouses (Pauline and Nikki are still kids I think..), while I focus more on getting Cecil a promotion at work and an A in school so he can age up & move out (only because I'm so bad at playing 5+ Sim households lol).
  • Options
    @Tellex Oooh, the girls are gorgeous -- great makeovers! Especially Rosanne, I almost didnt recognize her lol. That is the right hair color. And lol @ Brownie's shirtless selfie. Such a teenager.

@Meeshelby Yay! More kids! XD (Wow, never thought I'd say that.. *Hates Children trait protests*)
  • Options
    @Meeshelby yay for more babies!! I was going to suggest getting her pregnant just to resolve it XD

@JordanNicoleJJ thanks! Rosanne is my favorite right now.. just looks-wise.. so shallow LOL. I'm glad I got her hair colour right :) My game wasn't behaving last night too.. It seems as though everyones games are having slight issues. My issue is that the game runs fine then all of a sudden (say after 10 mins) all sims will just pause where they are (time continues to go on) and I have to go to build mode and back to live mode for the sims to move again. But then! I do another interaction and the same thing happens -.- I'm hoping this is just a one-off thing. Perhaps my town has become over-populated due to no culling (MC Command center)? I hope not though..! But if that's the case.. i'll just delete random townies -.-

I've already decided that Brownie will have a lot of children and they will be named after Disney characters <.>!
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

• Options
    @Tellex my game does that too! I have no idea why, I don't think it's got to do with the mc command center though.
  • Options
    Hmmmm.. @Francisca464 very interesting!! I'm going to search around a bit and see if there is a solution. I have a feeling it's to do with the last patch.. that patch was the worst one yet for my game -.-!!
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

• Options
    @Tellex I don't think its MC Command either. I haven't updated it yet, but it wasn't having any problems before. I'm worried that its my computer finally giving up on life...it has a plummy integrated intel graphics card and I've been forcing it to run Ultra graphics for a year. :sweat_smile: Also, my game was actually *worse* when I took my mods folder out to play in cas cc-free. o.O CAS has never EVER been laggy for me, no matter how much cc I have, and it took forever to load all of the content (no cc) and kept freezing up. It still freezes up sometimes but it's but not as bad with my mods folder in. So weird. It's either my graphics card, the last patch, or maybe problems with the 64-bit version? I've had so many problems since they released the 64-bit patch. I'm starting to think its a computer or game-wide problem rather than a cc/save problem, because my new (smaller) saves are just as bad as my 1-year-old (massive) simself legacy save. :/
  • Options
    yunanescayunanesca Posts: 303 Member
    ther is new Update for MC today and has dresser.
    ~Sincerely,Yunanesca~
    My show case.
    jjqfre10.png
    click the button for my Sims 4 Creator Studio
    http://yunanesca.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    @Tellex @Francisca464 My game does that too. Especially on my lot with 14 sims (I use a mod). But it also happens to others as well. Its been doing it for quite a while, but not until after I started adding mods. I get it to stop by either saving the game (thought it was going to crash) or by adding something to the sim's action que. I've not tried your method @Tellex.
  • Options
    Interesting @JordanNicoleJJ ! I have a pretty decent NVIDIA graphics card and my PC isn't really that old! @Meeshelby now that you mention it.. my game froze up once Cookie was having a club gathering.. which obviously increased the amount of sims on the lot? @Francisca464 @JordanNicoleJJ @Meeshelby what were your sims currently doing when the first freeze happened and how many sims were on the lot? >.<
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

• Options
    @Tellex I had a lot of problems earlier when Eleanor was holding a club gathering (8 Sims on the home lot) while she was supposed to be at school -- she aged up after midnight, so she had the day off. I hit 'start gathering' and everyone came to the lot, then she had the option to 'join gathering', but no matter how much I clicked it/reset her, she couldn't join it. I also couldn't end it, because she wasn't 'in' the gathering. Everything started getting laggy, it took her like 3 or 4 Sim-hours to eat a grilled cheese. Once school was out, everything went back to normal and she joined the gathering, I ended it right away, and everyone went home/time went back to normal. This reminds me of the time I sent my Sims to Granite Falls and they couldn't travel together (to the forest or park or anything) because the game registered them "at work" or "at school" even though they were on vacation, so I always got the "____ is busy!" notification. Then I sent Pablo and Es to Von Haunt Estate for a date, and I guess the lot is just so big/plant-heavy it started lagging. Took 4 hours to get from the front door to the back porch, sit down, and initiate a chat. Es had to go to work by that point, and she ended up being 3 hours late because it took her that long to x-out of the chat and get from the back porch to the front door. I just closed without saving. I'm deleting some cc now to see if that helps. Dx
  • Options
    @JordanNicoleJJ so many similarities in our situations <_>!! Brownie & Cookie were suppose to be at school when my game was going all bawked. I went to send them to school but it said they had 3 days off?! WTH? They DID go to school that morning but came back at 10am for some unknown reason.. so I thought what the heck! I'll make cookie have a club gathering (as she rolled a want to do so).. and yeah, 4 mins into the club gathering is where things started to go 🐸🐸🐸🐸 up for me XD I think it's the patch! I haven't downloaded any CC in awhile! So I know its not to do with the CC in my game at least >.<!! I'm about to try play again.. I just did a 'repair game'.. hope this works!
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree