The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Technology

To all simmers who think we need more technology in Sims 4 such as laptops, sim virtual life goggles, game consoles, and possibly the return of Plumbots please spread the word of this topic. I know in reality this will probably be ignored, but if we can get enough people to request more electronics and gaming-based items, it is possible that EA might take our request into consideration. Possibly in the form of a new Game Pack. For the sake of possibly having advanced technology in Sims 4 in the near future, please like.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Comments

• Options
    mscosmomscosmo Posts: 118 Member
    I would like to add smaller telescopes and microscopes.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'd like the option for LESS tech too. Back to landlines, less whims for owning a "necessity"like a tv lol. I would like it for sims to not have to have a cell phone.
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    Absolutely. Since the beginning of TS4 I've been requesting consoles and laptops. There's so much to do in TS4, but when it comes to looking for "fun" within the household when you're playing a single sim in a household it gets to be a headache. My sim lives on the PC or the TV. I feel that when our sim goes out to a cafe they should be able to browse the web or work on writing their novel on their mobile laptop they carry in their inventory.

There's really not a lot of channels to watch on the TV; which there never really was much to do on the TV in any previous installments of The Sims. That is why we need consoles. Consoles would also be wonderful if there was the option to "buy video game" as an option when you clicked on the console, as well as a sim version of Vudu on the console where they could "buy movie" or "watch instructional guide" that would help with their fun, improve their mood, and enhance their skills.

And for those who dislike electronics and technology, I absolutely agree that landline phones should make a comeback with upgraded voice mail and caller I.D., so if a sim misses a call from someone our sim could see who called, what the message was about, and have the option to call the sim back and accept or decline the request.

Now what about PC's, for those who dislike having electronics in the home? Typewriters. Their vintage and add a charm to any household IMO. Typewriters would only improve a sim's writing skill. So they could still write novels on the typewriter. And one other thing that I think would be great, especially when going to Granite Falls. Walkie-Talkies. Isn't it obnoxious that if your sim is on one side of the campground you can "call" for another sim to join you? So why not have it to where they pull out their Walkie-Talkies to communicate when on camping trips? I highly doubt they would add Walkie-Talkies into the game at the moment, if ever, but just something I thought I'd throw into the mix.
  • Options
    AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    Home gaming consoles are a MUST! With the ability to play multiplayer with other Sims on the Lot or to play online with other Sims in the world. I'd love to see landlines return as well. It just feels as though something is missing from my homes without them.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    --Landline Phones

--Gaming Consoles

--Laptop Computers

--Burglar Alarm, for Alarming us of Burglars

--Washers & Dryers

--Firefighters coinciding with Fire Alarms

--NEW Toasters, for Toasted PB&J Sandwiches!
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    No! At the moment, the sims can hardly stay off their phones if they're left idle for more than five minutes. I'd rather see the return of the newspaper than any more technology added. To heck with that!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    EvilxObsidianEvilxObsidian Posts: 8 New Member
    edited January 2016
    [quote="SweetieKaye;14447417"]No! At the moment, the sims can hardly stay off their phones if they're left idle for more than five minutes. I'd rather see the return of the newspaper than any more technology added. To heck with that![/quote]

Hmm, I was thinking of it more as for people who want their sims to have the "Geek" trait, there would be more items to choose from rather than the few options we have now. I didn't consider how people who would prefer less would feel. Do you have any ideas on what to incorporate into the game to make it better for people like yourself who want less?
  • Options
    No! At the moment, the sims can hardly stay off their phones if they're left idle for more than five minutes. I'd rather see the return of the newspaper than any more technology added. To heck with that!

Hmm, I was thinking of it more as for people who want their sims to have the "Geek" trait, there would be more items to choose from rather than the few options we have now. I didn't consider how people who would prefer less would feel. Do you have any ideas on what to incorporate into the game to make it better for people like yourself who want less?
    Seeing as the problem I described is with the phones, making having cell phones optional instead of the default.
  • Options
    [quot[quote="SweetieKaye;14447638"][quote="EvilxObsidian;14447617"][quote="SweetieKaye;14447417"]No! At the moment, the sims can hardly stay off their phones if they're left idle for more than five minutes. I'd rather see the return of the newspaper than any more technology added. To heck with that![/quote]

Hmm, I was thinking of it more as for people who want their sims to have the "Geek" trait, there would be more items to choose from rather than the few options we have now. I didn't consider how people who would prefer less would feel. Do you have any ideas on what to incorporate into the game to make it better for people like yourself who want less?[/quote]
    Seeing as the problem I described is with the phones, making having cell phones optional instead of the default.[/quote]

I believe a good compromise would be to include that option into a game pack of new electronics, so that both types of simmers can enjoy it to the fullest. People who like more technology have the technolgy they want, and people who don't like it wont have to deal with it. Is something like this fair?
  • Options
    [quot

Seeing as the problem I described is with the phones, making having cell phones optional instead of the default.

I believe a good compromise would be to include that option into a game pack of new electronics, so that both types of simmers can enjoy it to the fullest. People who like more technology have the technolgy they want, and people who don't like it wont have to deal with it. Is something like this fair?
    That's fair, although that doesn't solve the problem I described above.
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Absolutely! We need more techy stuff in the game. Laptops, consoles, maybe even a smart TV so sims can watch movies in 3D (how cool would it be to see them sitting on the couch with their 3D glasses?). I would also like to see something like TS3 University Life social media for sim smartphones. That was really fun.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    > @SweetieKaye said:
    > EvilxObsidian wrote: »
    >
    > [quot SweetieKaye wrote: »
    >
    > EvilxObsidian wrote: »
    >
    > SweetieKaye wrote: »
    >
    > No! At the moment, the sims can hardly stay off their phones if they're left idle for more than five minutes. I'd rather see the return of the newspaper than any more technology added. To heck with that!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hmm, I was thinking of it more as for people who want their sims to have the "Geek" trait, there would be more items to choose from rather than the few options we have now. I didn't consider how people who would prefer less would feel. Do you have any ideas on what to incorporate into the game to make it better for people like yourself who want less?
    >
    >
    >
    > Seeing as the problem I described is with the phones, making having cell phones optional instead of the default.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I believe a good compromise would be to include that option into a game pack of new electronics, so that both types of simmers can enjoy it to the fullest. People who like more technology have the technolgy they want, and people who don't like it wont have to deal with it. Is something like this fair?
    >
    >
    >
    > That's fair, although that doesn't solve the problem I described above.

It doesn't? I believe I said that we should include the option to make phones the player's choice. If that was unclear, I'm sorry about the miscommunication. That is what I meant.
    Post edited by EvilxObsidian on
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Oh yes you posted on my wall, Sorry haven't gotten back to you.

Game consoles definitely

I'd like to see touch screen computers, holographic computers.

Remember the Disney movie Treasure Planet
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ainH4-EuwU
    Air surfing.
    and way hover boards, I don't think we need an into the future EP lets just have a game/stuff pack with that stuff
    Troy's light cycle for vehicles would be cool
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    More customization with TV's and PC's: Make it so the player can add movies of a certain file size to be played on the TV or PC and have a custom station.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    mscosmo wrote: »
    I would like to add smaller telescopes and microscopes.

You could have the smaller telescopes and microscopes that would still build Logic skill but don't produce the special art works that you get from the big ones -- maybe they build Logic slower as well. Would be a good option for houses on smaller lots, especially the 20x20 and 30x20 lots.
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I'd like the option for LESS tech too. Back to landlines, less whims for owning a "necessity"like a tv lol. I would like it for sims to not have to have a cell phone.

I actually prefer the cell phones to the landlines -- my Sims could never get to the phone in time to answer it with landlines, especially in larger houses. All they need to do is tone down the attraction level of cell phones so that Sims aren't pulling them out all the time when they're with other Sims -- I think there are mods that tone down the attraction level so the developers should be able to add that in themselves.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)