Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Guy Simmers...?

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Hey there!

So how many Simmer guys do we have around here? Unsurprisingly, the ladies seem to be everywhere. Just wondering where my brothers are at? Are we in a bit of a minority around here? :D Represent if you're a guy and you love the Sims!

I'm a guy simmer.
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    I personally know 3 adult males who play, though they don't belong to the forums. I'm their source for new info on Sims.
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I'm a guy too. I assumed people with male avatars were male until recent discoveries, so after seeing so many females I assume everyone is a female until I have a reason to know they are male. I'm gay and most guy simmers I know are gay, so it really must be that "playing house" is not a thing general males look forward to, and this is what this game is perceived as. I know that males with open minds that wouldn't follow the stereotype would play any kind of game, including the Sims.
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    I'm a guy simmer.
  • Options
    I'm a guy too. I assumed people with male avatars were male until recent discoveries, so after seeing so many females I assume everyone is a female until I have a reason to know they are male. I'm gay and most guy simmers I know are gay, so it really must be that "playing house" is not a thing general males look forward to, and this is what this game is perceived as. I know that males with open minds that wouldn't follow the stereotype would play any kind of game, including the Sims.

I'm a straight guy simmer.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    I'm 50% man, 48% woman, and 2% other. :p

Wait...

In all seriousness, I am a man. B)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    I'm a male simmer and proud of it and in fact I love to play as my Simself.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited December 2015
    Males in da house

I'm a straight guy simmer.

I'm bi, but I think it's more like, if I'm "bold" enough to say that, I would be to express my will and my creativity through the game too, so I think that's why we see a lot of lgbt players, most of straight people are tied up to the hegemonic sexist thought and avoid the game. Some, like @catloverplayer are secure enough with themselves to do what they want to and are here with us.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    JordutchJordutch Posts: 98 Member
    I'm straight to, just saying. And btw. I know some people who are guys playing sims and they are straight.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited December 2015
    <-- Guy Simmer. :)

Yes, Sims has a rep for being a "girl game", but I know plenty of men who play.

And I don't think that the LGBT appeal is so much that it's playing dolly-dress-up (though I totally enjoy that) as that with The Sims, the franchise has always made it possible to play a Sim who is gay or bi, and that is rare.

Even elsewhere under the EA umbrella, in the allegedly "progressive" BioWare studio, I know I have wanted to punch my laptop playing Star Wars: The Old Republic because the game assumes my Smuggler is all into the ladies, and gives pitifully few and tokenistic alternatives, way late in the game.

Maxis is really, really groundbreaking in this regard, and it's refreshing.
  • Options
    TheDinorhinoTheDinorhino Posts: 618 Member
    I'm male! At least I think so...
    Hello, good evening and welcome! My name is TheDinorhino but you can call me Dino for short. I love playing The Sims, especially designing and building within the game. Check out my YouTube channel if you want:https://youtube.com/channel/UCh16nY5NDnDUqzwTl0LC9Fg
    Origin ID: TheDinorhino
  • Options
    ZemnodZemnod Posts: 99 Member
    My boyfriend would always choose a female character in games or as avatars, he says "They are pretty" lol :p
  • Options
    TheDinorhinoTheDinorhino Posts: 618 Member
    Zemnod wrote: »
    My boyfriend would always choose a female character in games or as avatars, he says "They are pretty" lol :p

That's normal actually
    Hello, good evening and welcome! My name is TheDinorhino but you can call me Dino for short. I love playing The Sims, especially designing and building within the game. Check out my YouTube channel if you want:https://youtube.com/channel/UCh16nY5NDnDUqzwTl0LC9Fg
    Origin ID: TheDinorhino
  • Options
    Rojo De GuyRojo De Guy Posts: 784 Member
    Yo!

G.I.R.L.S = Guy.In.Real.Life.Simmer right hea! :mrgreen:

Same case with this Simmer & my Holiday Zatanna Sim Avi justifies this :smirk:
    EfTVMcj.jpg
    "Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light"
  • Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    I'm a guy.
  • Options
    Vici0us_VirusVici0us_Virus Posts: 3,076 Member
    <~ This is a male plumbob, obviously! Lol A good rule of thumb: Always assume everyone on the internet is a dude! Unless they ask you, if you wanna see pics of thier cats... no pun intended... :D

Seriously though... "You play a girls game?"

Yea I guess I do bro, but atleast im not paying to play with dudes tho rite... btw what lvl is your knight elf mohawk now?
    120 :'(
  • Options
    TheOrangeBird01TheOrangeBird01 Posts: 171 Member
    I never realized (what seems like) the magorigity of male simmers were gay. I'm straight and i just enjoy the whole "I have control over everything" feeling The Sims games give me. I'm not really into the whole family play aspect though, I'm more into the "weirder stories", so maybe that's different than what other guys get from this game.
    tmKZ8py62rDk4.gif
  • Options
    Vici0us_VirusVici0us_Virus Posts: 3,076 Member
    I never realized (what seems like) the magorigity of male simmers were gay.

Is that a fact? B)

"Why do you hang with woman all the time mike?"
    Well timmy I LIKE women, and enjoy thier company...
    Why do you hang with boys all the time? ;) interesting
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I'm androgyne. Or as I once told someone, I'm blissfully somewhere in between. The face for the brunette sim I usually have as my avatar was based on my own facial features. As @Sindocat pointed out earlier, EA/Maxis is really ahead of the game when it comes to the LGBT community. I actually love racing more than simming, but I've always found the simming community more friendly and accepting.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    JordutchJordutch Posts: 98 Member

Lol, same by me. Games are better when girls and boys in come from. Idk.. Like GTA (there are some girls..) Tomb raider, The last of us.. I like that. It makes it more realistic in my way.

P.s sorry for my english.. Its crap
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I'm a guy simmer. I'm always changing my avi so.. :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm a lady simmer, so I can't be part of this thread topic in that sense. However, there was one forum I used to frequent where the forum population was mostly male. And it wasn't even something that should be more male than female- it was a forum for lucid dreamers, and dreams are completely for both genders... So I understand feeling out of it a little because of that. But like many have said, simmers are quite accepting, and unless you're talking about hair CC or makeup or something, it's quite gender neutral, I think.

@Scobre Thanks for the MTS yearbook. I always forget to add an entry in. I don't go on the forums much there, but I upload semi frequently.
  • Options
    SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    I'm a guy and am a big fan of The Sims games :) I've been playing The Sims for a while now, since my Dad got it for me for my birthday a few years ago, 2009 I think :) I love The Sims and it honestly is my favourite game of all time!!
    I was playing The Sims 4 but after re-installing The Sims 3 I have re-fallen in love with the toddlers, the colour wheel and everything that is in The Sims 3.

Matthew.
  • Options
    sa1azsa1az Posts: 47 Member
    Im a guy...
    But i dont know anyone in my family or friends play sims or even know it and when i try to explain whats the game about they just say..
    (( its a game for girls ))
    i dont like to play sims infront of them becouse the will laughing on me , they only like shoot games..
    rbjwwn.jpg