Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    edited December 2015

i don't feel like looking it up what does a web editor do?

Well, a web editor is responsible for the content of a web site. So I do a lot of posting, a lot of proofreading, a lot of writing, a lot of design work, some programming. It's very fun! I'm the one who gets to put the commas where they belong!

And I wrangle those stray apostrophes like crazy! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited December 2015
    Thanks @CathyTea and @JoieWilder ! Really hoping I can pull it off haha if anyone who doesn't mind spoilers ever wants to let me bounce a few ideas off them ( @ra3rei ? Though I have probably reached my quota with bugging you ;) ) let me know! :tongue:

By the way (other topic entirely) this whole one blog/one thread talk is making me wonder whether I'm going about this all wrong? Hahaha I feel like I just have such a different perspective on this whole thing and that I'm in the minority hahaha

My thought is (again, just me!) that having one thread or one blog "forces" your stories on people haha. And I don't want to do that to my readers!

But everyone here is saying they don't like following more than one thread/blog? Am I inconveniencing people with my multiple blogs/threads? I'd just feel so bad making people who aren't interested in it get notifications and stuff. Lots of D2D readers carried-over to my legacy, but I can count my PNN readers on one hand :lol:

But I take that as "The D2D crowd aren't into comedy stories". So I don't want them to feel annoyed by getting notifications about a genre of story that clearly doesn't interest them. Does anyone see what I'm saying?

Just my take on it. But now I'm feeling torn between my own personal view on the matter vs everyone else's opinion :lol:

Wow, that was long and rambly!
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    I need more teens in my legacy save! Anyone have any they can flick my way?
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    (Whoops, @sabreene and @InfraGreen gave wonderful input that I missed completely. Thanks to you guys too! I didn't know if you'd see the tags if I edited my last post so I just gave you guys your own comment :lol:)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Thanks @CathyTea and @JoieWilder ! Really hoping I can pull it off haha if anyone who doesn't mind spoilers ever wants to let me bounce a few ideas off them ( @ra3rei ? Though I have probably reached my quota with bugging you ;) ) let me know! :tongue:

By the way (other topic entirely) this whole one blog/one thread talk is making me wonder whether I'm going about this all wrong? Hahaha I feel like I just have such a different perspective on this whole thing and that I'm in the minority hahaha

My thought is (again, just me!) that having one thread or one blog "forces" your stories on people haha. And I don't want to do that to my readers!

But everyone here is saying they don't like following more than one thread/blog? Am I inconveniencing people with my multiple blogs/threads? I'd just feel so bad making people who aren't interested in it get notifications and stuff. Lots of D2D readers carried-over to my legacy, but I can count my PNN readers on one hand :lol:

But I take that as "The D2D crowd aren't into comedy stories". So I don't want them to feel annoyed by getting notifications about a genre of story that clearly doesn't interest them. Does anyone see what I'm saying?

Just my take on it. But now I'm feeling torn between my own personal view on the matter vs everyone else's opinion :lol:

I'm always happy to have things bouncing off me! As long as they're not heavy!!! :D

At the moment I have two blogs, one is purely for my legacy and for uploading cat gifs, the other is for my plot-driven stories and short-stories. I just feel that my legacy doesn't fit with my other stories, so I gave it it's own home. That and there is the space issue for the images I would need for all three stories! Although I do have separate threads for each of my stories here on the forums.

*Shea raises her hand* "My creator loves comedy stories!"

Me again, Shea likes to take over every now and then. I'm waiting for more updates on PNN, I want to binge read it, so I'm happily awaiting in the sidelines. I get my updates via this thread or bookmarks, so I'm not concerned with forced notifications, I ignore my emails! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options

@Munterbacon Teen Lucas and teen Krystina are both in the gallery :lol: Or would you not prefer sims that have been in other stories?
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

For your stories, @CitizenErased14 , I feel that a separate blog per story really works. Your legacy and D2D are unique and stand alone.

I've actually got a lot of blogs! (LOL!) My Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology is where all of my stuff that's sort of thematically related goes. It's all got a similar flavor, and even though there are lots of different stories, if one were to read them all, they'd fit together like an anthology that presents my world view.

Then, I have my fanfic off on its own blog, because it's for a mature audience, so I don't really want the kids who read my anthology to read that story.

And I have Sistah Simstah off on its own (co-hosted by Jordan) because I want it to be a place for radical ideas that I don't necessarily believe or want to promote, just to try on for size.

And SimSelf Adventures (with raerei and Miss Penguin) is really collab central. My stories there have a collab feel to them with multiple view points.

So.... when it comes to works that are distinct, like yours are, I think it makes good sense to have multiple blogs! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    edited December 2015

@Munterbacon Teen Lucas and teen Krystina are both in the gallery :lol: Or would you not prefer sims that have been in other stories?

I dunno, it would be weird if they shacked up with any sims in my game, especially if it was one of the boys! D:
    Don't click tag if you not read/finished D2D!!!
    What about Evelyn's children? ;):p
    Ideally it's so I can have an abundance of them for different clubs, parties, and cliques.
    dustshaela.jpg
  • Options
    I can put them on the gallery sometime tomorrow (well, tomorrow my time... it's probably already tomorrow for you, since you are far in the future for me :lol:)! :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member

I have a houseful of teen girls (well, and one ghost and one mom), from doing my Halloween story :P I can make sure they don't have CC, and upload them!
  • Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    Possible graphic I am going to use on a poster.

wada1.jpg

@SummerFalls It is so easy to get addicted to recolors!

It's so much fun! I kinda want to get back into recolouring, it's been so long.

It really is. I want to branch out but for now its fun adding little personal touches to my storied

I tried my hand at meshing... So complicated! But there is a lot of options in the recolour field.

I did two musical themed sets that was based around gold-record artists: Here & Here, before moving on to this super ambitious, nearly drove me bonkers 'Windows & Doors' recolour.

There's more, but I think I'll save it for the sharing thread, just wanted to give you ideas on things you could do. You have any questions, I'm only a PM away.

Those are awesome.I wanted to start out slow and easy lol. I see so much awesome cc

I started with walls, then moved onto paintings and posters, and my pride and joy is Shaela's armour.

Your stuff is always awesome and I love everything you have done with Ironbound, it is so unique.
  • Options
    sabreene wrote: »

I have a houseful of teen girls (well, and one ghost and one mom), from doing my Halloween story :P I can make sure they don't have CC, and upload them!

Yay! :)
    dustshaela.jpg
  • Options

I think my Piper from @SummerFalls Greenwood Dormitory is up on the gallery and she is a teen.
  • Options
    sunnyshaysunnyshay Posts: 2,927 Member
    Okay, time to cut down the competition.

23527923149_531a41366c_z.jpg

2.3 Elimination #1

It is the day of the first elimination and heat is on. Who is about to get burned?
    Origin ID: Shar1W
  • Options
    sunnyshay wrote: »
    Okay, time to cut down the competition.

23527923149_531a41366c_z.jpg

2.3 Elimination #1

It is the day of the first elimination and heat is on. Who is about to get burned?

Eeee yay!!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    my game works but i think its glitched my simaiden rolled a wish to whoo. just one problem hes in grade school
  • Options
    @Munterbacon Okay, I uploaded them tonight because why not? :lol: My Origin ID is same as here, and the household is Magee! :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Oh! I forgot I scheduled this for today! Chaz asked Bristol to be his girlfriend! Did she say yes? Find out! ;)

https://youtu.be/Ckb7USrrJ1s
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    It hurts my heart when I see people make a cheesesteak with yellow american cheese.
  • Options
    It hurts my heart when I see people make a cheesesteak with yellow american cheese.

you aren't supposed to make me hungry til after dinner. jenns eating for 2 now so i can't take food from her anymore.
  • Options

you aren't supposed to make me hungry til after dinner. jenns eating for 2 now so i can't take food from her anymore.

Lol awww. I will cook for you
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    @OJenn! Ah Excellent - I'm sure I've been to your blog before...but I was curious what your page looks like, I like what @CathyTea has done as well. My take is a little bit in between the two (Perhaps because my stories are inbetween the two?) with a heavy influence from @Sabreene 's page. Once I'm finished sizing the images I'll try it out.

@CathyTea It's my next blog post, but I'm actually am going to try out a schedule. Less for the pressure it gives and more becuase right now I find I have so much going on that I want to play/write them all. With a schedule when I come across that "oh no, which game should I play?" feeling, I can look and see what story will be coming up soon that might nudge me in that direction. Of course, this is me we're talking about. Any schedule is bound to fail in the first month. But perhaps that will be long enough to get my groove.

@CitizenErased14 You still have plenty of quota left for gathering my opinions. I love giving them. not sure I'll ever run out. :P Anyway completely agreeing with what folks have said, I think that is an excellent way to play generation two. There's been a couple transformation stories where a character has started out unlikealbe and transformed to someone that we like. I'll be interested if you can actually make your heir unlikeable to me though. If we're seeing things from your heir's eyes, we're going to understand where they're coming from quickly and few people think they're always in the wrong so seeing why your heir reacts from their eyes is going to make them likeable faster.

Also I know you are not alone in your 1 blog 1 story world. I'm pretty sure you had the majority opinion just a couple pages back. But it's probably split 50/50 among readers. It's those crazy people like @CathyTea and @Summerfalls and @SilverDaybreak and myself who have more than 5 simultaneous stories that need the single blog rule or else there's chaos about what goes where. And for myself, I know I don't care if folks get updates for my Apocalypse when they're only reading Derelict. I figure it's more of "Like this? Try this?" Although I'm trying to do better at linking posts together so you don't hit the next and end up in the middle of a different story. That is the major flaw of the one blog theory.

@Munterbacon sadly I tend to upload sims at the YA phase and my two bulk sim families are all kids or an even mix of each. There's is also the hashtag LegacyLove or LegacyLoves that was used early on in the Legacy Challenge world. Not sure if it's still being used. You might find some extra teens there.

Lastly, (wow I missed a lot in just a couple hours) @BBQPenguinWings it is a well known fact that American cheese is not food. It should not be placed on anything, especially cheesesteak. (And if you think it's good as grilled cheese, try gouda instead). :D
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options

now that i finished yelling at you what cheese are you supposed to use?
  • Options
    @ra3rei I am going to bed soon, but I may send you a lengthy PM about generation two of my legacy... :lol:

Interesting point about the journal/POV thing making the heir a bit more likeable because we see their point of view :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @CitizenErased14 - Did I miss you on Origin? *cries*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top