Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4, Transparency, and Boycotting

Comments

• Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Sim_Lucent wrote: »
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    Hello yet another person who took my comment the wrong way (I'm collecting these like Pokemon). I'm calling liars Liars if you did not lie than you are not a liar if you did than you are a liar.

... Really?
    You literally commented with snark 'how odd it is that so many people have been gifted this EP' and went on about how honesty is the best policy.

Own up to your comment -- if you're going to try to spoon the words about honesty in other people's mouths, you can at least sample some yourself.

Okay dokay
    I don't believe everyone is telling the truth about receiving it as a gift I don't have a specific person in mind but they know who they are....

Now what
  • Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    Hello everyone-we don't want the thread to be closed again!! I wish we could talk to each other with respect and without hurtful comments and accusations.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    edited December 2015
    Don't want to get anything closed so I won't argue. :) Happy Monday everyone!
  • Options
    Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member

Okay dokay
    I don't believe everyone is telling the truth about receiving it as a gift I don't have a specific person in mind but they know who they are....

Now what

Now nothing. Your comment was meant no more than to flamebait and state an opinion in hopes of hurting someone else given that your very basis is that you just don't think some people are telling the truth.

I find it so interesting that people care so much about how another person spends their money, or what they do that they feel the need to come in to a thread that clearly does not represent their feelings for a game in any way, and make comments.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    Mandylcd wrote: »
    Hello everyone-we don't want the thread to be closed again!! I wish we could talk to each other with respect and without hurtful comments and accusations.

I'm down :p
  • Options
    Man this thread is awesome love the vibes and atmosphere. But don't worry if I have an opinion again I'll learn to not reply other people's comments and I've learnt the valuable lesson to never call people mean names (cause someone on this topic didn't)
  • Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    I'd suggest putting the user on mute. They obviously came here looking for a fight in an attempt to shut down this thread.

The ignore button is a powerful tool guys, use it.
  • Options
    simplysims25simplysims25 Posts: 243 Member
    There's a difference between 'wanting' something, and 'demanding' something.

*shrugs*

If you were promised something & fully paid for the item based on that promise -then didn't get it, wouldn't you demand the item be provided or your money back?

I have every right to demand toddlers as I already paid for them. When I complained, all I received was more excuses & more promises. Did EA offer my money back? Not on your life.

Therefore, they took my money based on a lie they told & refused to give me a refund or after all this time- toddlers.

• Options
    I'd suggest putting the user on mute. They obviously came here looking for a fight in an attempt to shut down this thread.

Wow quick to judge dude. Don't ignore me just my comments you disagree with plus I'm not a mean troll residing under a bridge you can even look under my past comments and see for yourself. I may even regret my comments in the morning but no one was hurt check for yourself I believe you should be allowed to say an opinion (without being cruel) but don't just accuse someone of being a horrible user after one conversation gone bad (seriously it's like 1AM not even sure if the cat near me is my own).
  • Options
    I may even regret my comments in the morning

Then let's move forward. We're all just going in circles now.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options

Agreed. We need to get back on track. I feel bad if people are actually lying because that means they may be too embarrassed to admit it.

It's fine if you revoked your pledge. GT seems like a great EP. If you want to try it, go for it! We are not gonna stop you.
  • Options

Well I may not but let's not just jump to conclusions.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

I.. don't even know what you mean.

EDIT: All I said was let's just move forward. If you'd like to continue as you are, by all means. But let's not talk about the 'vibe' of the thread when you have nothing worthwhile to add to 'better' it.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Wow quick to judge dude. Don't ignore me just my comments you disagree with plus I'm not a mean troll residing under a bridge you can even look under my past comments and see for yourself. I may even regret my comments in the morning but no one was hurt check for yourself I believe you should be allowed to say an opinion (without being cruel) but don't just accuse someone of being a horrible user after one conversation gone bad (seriously it's like 1AM not even sure if the cat near me is my own).

Okay, I'm just gonna respond to this so I don't look like a jerk.

I'm not ignoring you for your opinion. I'm ignoring you for your attitude.

Your other posts, do not matter. I could care less about what you say on other threads, I've seen all I need to see in this thread alone to know you just want to cause trouble in this situation. Indicating that some simmers are liars, like seriously what reaction did you expect?? Did you expect us to all gang up on those who revoked their pledge and accuse them of lying?

That would be like me barging into a positive thread and accusing everyone in it of being immature. Can you imagine what the response would be? What you're doing is the same thing, if you like the game, that's fine. However, you're wasting your time, and our time, by trying to accuse others of lying.
  • Options

Your other posts, do not matter. I could care less about what you say on other threads, I've seen all I need to see in this thread alone to know you just want to cause trouble in this situation. Indicating that some simmers are liars, like seriously what reaction did you expect?? Did you expect us to all gang up on those who revoked their pledge and accuse them of lying?

That would be like me barging into a positive thread and accusing everyone in it of being immature. Can you imagine what the response would be? What you're doing is the same thing, if you like the game, that's fine. However, you're wasting your time, and our time, by trying to accuse others of lying.

Who did I accuse?
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Who did I accuse?

You made an overall accusation.

Based on pretty much nothing.

And then you're put off by a lack of welcome towards your rather blunt and ill-intended words.

There is the summary of what you have contributed toward this thread.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options

It's fine if you revoked your pledge. GT seems like a great EP. If you want to try it, go for it! We are not gonna stop you.

Pretty much this. If people feel happy enough with the game now to purchase content for it, I'm actually really happy for you! Envious, really.
    At the end of the day, people should spend their money on what they want/what makes them happy.

You'll never find any judgement from me for doing so.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    You know what's really unfair being called names and having harsh comments being told to you by 5 people when your by yourself in an argument. So many people said I was rude and disrespectful yet no one was exactly nice to me either. Maybe next time if you wanted to get a message across you actually do it. Next time read what you post when accusing someone of such things cause you may just realise not everything you say is very nice either and sometimes it's hard to convey a message on the internet cause we often don't realise what we say until it's actually said.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

Who did I accuse?
    Everyone who was gifted the EP. Part of them you accused of being liars and the other part you accused of making this thread useless as 5 euro's on Jupiter by accepting the gift.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    You know what's really unfair being called names and having harsh comments being told to you by 5 people when your by yourself in an argument. So many people said I was rude and disrespectful yet no one was exactly nice to me either. Maybe next time if you wanted to get a message across you actually do it. Next time read what you post when accusing someone of such things cause you may just realise not everything you say is very nice either and sometimes it's hard to convey a message on the internet cause we often don't realise what we say until it's actually said.

Well, I LIED when I said I was done. Kinda hard to be nice sometimes when someone is accusing their friends of being liars. I was really ticked off so you got the Scrooge from me. Coulda been worse (I hadn't even finished my first cup of coffee), glad it wasn't. I apologize for the Scrooge comment, but I stand by every other thing I said.
  • Options

Odd.. it looks like right here I had tried to move past it and take your words as you being tired and maybe something you didn't mean (the words when you came in to a thread and said you believed some people were lying) and then you told me not to just assume you would regret it in the morning.

So strange..
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    People have the right to make this pledge though and voice their opinion if they are dissatisfied. I never took the pledge, but I see no reason to judge those who did and then changed their mind, or were gifted, or whatever. It does not make them a lesser person. People do change their mind. There is no reason to be condescending towards them. Will their changing their mind make a difference? I don't know. The Sims 4 will end or continue on its own terms.
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »

Well, I LIED when I said I was done. Kinda hard to be nice sometimes when someone is accusing their friends of being liars. I was really ticked off so you got the Scrooge from me. Coulda been worse (I hadn't even finished my first cup of coffee), glad it wasn't. I apologize for the Scrooge comment, but I stand by every other thing I said.

I stand by my comment but it came off very mean and I can see that now. I just felt that this thread just isn't working any more and maybe more can be done (don't ask me I have no clue). I do respect this thread alot and even though I like Sims 4 I feel more should be done so everyone else likes it. Sure our ideas of what to do are different but we all want the same thing in the end.
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited December 2015
    This is the trend with sims 4: We get a new EP/SP/GP and generally people start to get a little more positive about the game, understandably. It's new stuff! Then after a while many people start to get bored with the new pack and the "What else can I do in my game?" threads start popping up. Then the "We need to fix all these bugs in this pack" start coming and the "I was fooled into buying this pack" threads and then finally we come full circle with "EA and the studio need to [fill in the blank]" and "I'm done with this game" threads. The next release starts the cycle again.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top